Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1338 1339 1340 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 15:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Yeah, because America started both world wars. smh

Not sure at what point Seha even remotely implied that America was equivalent to Sarajevo.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 15:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Not sure at what point Seha even remotely implied that America was equivalent to Sarajevo.
How's your balalaika?
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 15:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

How's your balalaika?

Broke a string :(
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 15:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The topic was nationalists everywhere.

Valefor.Sehachan said: ยป
In short xenophobes.

Salvini, Petry, LePen...don't remember the names of the others, but yeah.

Ah, you edited your post. Didn't see.

You obviously don't understand what your talking about and don't care to discuss it so w/e.
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 15:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, you edited your post. Didn't see.

You obviously don't understand what your talking about and don't care to discuss it so w/e.

I'm so confused. You constantly imply we say things we know nothing of, despite all the elaborations, details, examples given. Then you say we don't even have the will to discuss it? Who's actually unwilling here?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 15:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Those guys themselves admitted Trump is their american version lol. Not that it's too hard to see, despite the different context that is the US.

Unless you don't get the connection between nationalism and ww1, then I suggest some world history.

edit: Crash Course on youtube is a pretty awesome series.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you say we don't even have the will to discuss it?

I said
You
referring to who I quoted. Nowhere did I say that about you.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Those guys themselves admitted Trump is their american version lol. Not that it's too hard to see, despite the different context that is the US.

Unless you don't get the connection between nationalism and ww1, then I suggest some world history.

edit: Crash Course on youtube is a pretty awesome series.

I forgot Trump=Hitler.. This conversation is going places.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 16:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitler was ww2. But it's okay.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking just talking about both world wars my mistake.

I was unaware that Trump has royal blood in him and a family feud was going on. My bad.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 16:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Moving dem goalposts so smoothly.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You are the one comparing Trump, WW1, Nationalists, and history.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 16:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god why do I have to explain every sentence..

Nationalism, the sentiment inspired in people is the same. It's about the people. And these parties are seeding exactly that, that is why they get hella backlash in all countries.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 16:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was unaware that Trump has royal blood in him and a family feud was going on. My bad.

Try not to take "The Seminal Tragedy" too literally. That's kinda gross lol.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god why do I have to explain every sentence..

Nationalism, the sentiment inspired in people is the same. It's about the people. And these parties are seeding exactly that, that is why they get hella backlash in all countries.

I asked for his last page. No reason to get testy.
nationalists
Could you give your definition of nationalist because I don't think it means he same thing over here.

Our election is about "the people". Care to be more specific?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just backread, both me and Arte gave a reply and examples.
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 16:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

She's saying that Trumps flammatory rhetoric would only serve to create a generation of potential Gavrilo Princips. The last thing we need is an entire generation with ideals to justify misdirected hatred and anger.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The last thing we need is an entire generation with ideals to justify misdirected hatred and anger.

And I am saying, it is kinda late for this kind of talk as it is already upon us. You people assume I don't know what you're talking about and refuse to understand what I am talking about. Never fails
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-13 16:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No one else was.

Quote:
No, but the Bushes are Hapsburgs. When G H W Bush was prez he was 5,000something in line for the British throne.

Oh my god why do I have to explain every sentence....
Because its Alti. You are rising to his bait. And at baiting he is a master.
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 16:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And I am saying, it is kinda late for this kind of talk as it is already upon us.

Sure, there's always going to be groups or individuals who are uneducated, misinformed, angry and bold with ideals to justify violence and other awful things, but the difference here is, we have someone with a great deal of influence; who is seeking the position of being Chief in Command of our entire country endorsing and encouraging these very things.

You people assume I don't know what you're talking about and refuse to understand what I am talking about. Never fails

I never presume or assume you don't know what we're talking about. We simply elaborate when you ask for further detail, as you have numerous times on this very page. It's kind of insulting to begin telling us we don't know what we're talking about, subsequently ask for explanations, then criticize us that we're undermining your understanding; especially when that was never the case.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-13 16:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama was doing the exact same thing.
Lol.
Did he alienate an entire ethnicity?
Build a wall along Canada?

They have a natural wall of nobody wants to go there and a Country full of civilized people that legally enters Canada when they do.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-13 16:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
nobody wants to go there
I'd like to go to Canada. Well, probably only Toronto/Ottawa to be fair.
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 16:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody wants to go there
I'd like to go to Canada. Well, probably only Toronto/Ottawa to be fair.

It's been many years, but I do remember British Columbia being very pretty, and having lots of fun in Vancouver and White Rock.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-13 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I say that mostly because Trump is playing a game with both his supporters and opponents. He feeds off both unconditional support from his followers and the vitriol of his opposition. He appeals to emotion rather than logic or reason, and to play that game against him would be like throwing water on an oil fire.

God damn I need to replace my kitchen cabinets. I've seen them ripped out of shows like Property Brothers 20 times, always the before picture on a kitchen remodel, they are the hospital's cabinets on the Young and the Restless and now this video. Worst thing from the 1980's: these cabinets.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And I am saying, it is kinda late for this kind of talk as it is already upon us.

Sure, there's always going to be groups or individuals who are uneducated, misinformed, angry and bold with ideals to justify violence and other awful things, but the difference here is, we have someone with a great deal of influence; who is seeking the position of being Chief in Command of our entire country endorsing and encouraging these very things.

You people assume I don't know what you're talking about and refuse to understand what I am talking about. Never fails

I never presume or assume you don't know what we're talking about. We simply elaborate when you ask for further detail, as you have numerous times on this very page. It's kind of insulting to begin telling us we don't know what we're talking about, subsequently ask for explanations, then criticize us that we're undermining your understanding; especially when that was never the case.

I've asked for why Trump is a nationalist and the definition of it twice and have received nothing but elaboration that has no context other than personal biased. All while getting criticized about asking for specifics.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. As far as defining nationalism that is relevant to the matter at hand, I have, with Chauvinism. Zealotous, and aggressive patriotism, or blind enthusiasm for military glory.

Which almost to a T describes Trump's proposed policies and ideals. With the proposed wall built along the Mexico border, a temporary ban on muslims from entering or exiting the country, stomping out and neutralizing all opposition or protest, and personally sanctioning war crimes on live television being merely a few examples.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-13 16:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

She's saying that Trumps flammatory rhetoric would only serve to create a generation of potential Gavrilo Princips. The last thing we need is an entire generation with ideals to justify misdirected hatred and anger.

Inflammatory rhetoric is constantly calling someone a racist, calling their entire platform based on hate and comparing all of their supporters to the rise og Nazi Germany. The left has been beating that drum for months. You can't avoid it. Open the internet. It's right there. First thing you see. It's no wonder the left is worked up into such a violent frenzy.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-13 16:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Inflammatory rhetoric is constantly calling someone a racist, calling their entire platform based on hate and comparing all of their supporters to the rise og Nazi Germany. The left has been beating that drum for months. You can't avoid it. Open the internet. It's right there. First thing you see. It's no wonder the left is worked up into such a violent frenzy.

[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-13 16:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. As far as defining nationalism that is relevant to the matter at hand, I have, with Chauvinism. Zealotous, and aggressive patriotism, or blind enthusiasm for military glory.

Which almost to a T describes Trump's proposed policies and ideals. With the proposed wall built along the Mexico border, a temporary ban on muslims from entering or exiting the country, stomping out and neutralizing all opposition or protest, and personally sanctioning war crimes on live television being merely a few examples.

Our southern border is practically non-existent. We have states literally giving Illegal Immigrants, Legal Drivers licenses and many tax payer funded benefits ffs.

A temporary ban on a set people is not new and not uncalled for given the times we live in.

Holding a heavy hand over people that choose to do America harm is the mark of a strong leader. We will have to agree to disagree on that.
First Page 2 3 ... 1338 1339 1340 ... 1375 1376 1377