Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1329 1330 1331 ... 1375 1376 1377
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 16:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
CODE 420
That's the code for sticky dank not the unvaccinated.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-10 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Realistically, when you think about it, the anti-vax crowd is only a handful. With the exception of their children, by them not vaccinating themselves, who exactly are they hurting? Probably not even a hundred-thousandth of the population at large, including themselves.

If they choose to not get vaccines, they end up dying to the diseases they choose to not get vaccinated for. Chalk that up to Darwinism.

But, honestly, with the exception of their offspring, there is no danger to public health, especially since almost everyone is vaccinated against said diseases already.
Seha already addressed why it matters to the rest of us. Aside from the threat of a mutating pathogen, there are people who don't produce the proper immune response to the vaccine (people with immune disorders). Immunity also wanes with time necessitating the need for booster shots. Or we could simply wipe theses diseases out with the use of childhood immunizations. Simpler.
This is why everyone without vaccinations should be executed. :)
Vaccine police state!

Have random searches of people's vaccine records.

<Cop> Well sir, it looks like you are up to date on all your vaccines...wait, what's this? Your booster shot for tetanus has expired? CODE 420, I REPEAT, WE HAVE A CODE 420 HERE, OFFICER IS TAKING HEAVY FIRE *gunshots*

I would watch this if they made a show lol. I would also watch this fake Law and Order show

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 16:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that what herd-immunity is supposed to take care of? If most people who can get a vaccine gets it, it should protect those who cannot (at least my understanding of the concept).

I mean, that would explain why measles isn't an epidemic here in the US, even those who have immune disorders are less likely to get measles in the US than those outside the US.
Yes, and herd immunity is what is being compromised as more people choose not to vaccinate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that what herd-immunity is supposed to take care of? If most people who can get a vaccine gets it, it should protect those who cannot (at least my understanding of the concept).

I mean, that would explain why measles isn't an epidemic here in the US, even those who have immune disorders are less likely to get measles in the US than those outside the US.
Yes, and herd immunity is what is being compromised as more people choose not to vaccinate.
Is herd immunity at a risk? What is the number of Americans it would take to be anti-vax before herd immunity to become at risk?

I think you are concerned for a problem that may happen 200-300 years down the line, imo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-10 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
CODE 420
That's the code for sticky dank not the unvaccinated.
Sounds like you are an expert at sticky danks.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 17:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is herd immunity at a risk? What is the number of Americans it would take to be anti-vax before herd immunity to become at risk?

I think you are concerned for a problem that may happen 200-300 years down the line, imo.
Even if it did take that long, why not address it now? Why wait for more and more kids to die of easily preventable illnesses just so their parents can ignore incredibly sound scientific evidence out of pure ignorance or, in Nausi's case, some blind imperative to value personal freedoms over all else no matter the potential negative consequences?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-10 17:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People are so detached from the reality of these viruses now that they forget that they can still be crippling in most cases and deathly in the others.

It's just a cold!
It's just polio!
Not quite the same effects.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 17:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

"It's just the diabeetus."
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-10 18:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else not surprised, that the same exact people here that want people held down and given vaccines, are the same ones who want to open up what little borders we have. Let in all the people that are completely unvaccinated, while also not caring about the ones that are already here that are completely unvaccinated..

But if you are a tax paying American they want you hunted down and executed.

These are the people that are always wanting tolerance and understanding as well.. smh..
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 18:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Anyone else not surprised, that the same exact people here that want people held down and given vaccines, are the same ones who want to open up what little borders we have. Let in all the people that are completely unvaccinated, while also not caring about the ones that are already here that are completely unvaccinated..

These are the people that are always wanting tolerance and understanding as well.. smh..
*** 'em all to death!

#GarrisonJenner2016
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 18:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the *** did I just read?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-10 18:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SO when is Rooks going to fix P&R? Did he lose his matches or something?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-10 19:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has said this

Are you reading some other site at the same time and confusing it with this one? I'm thinking that's a strong possibility
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-10 19:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

No one has said this

Are you reading some other site at the same time and confusing it with this one? I'm thinking that's a strong possibility

Um.. lol.. No.

I'd go through and quote a bunch of these people that want people vaccinated against their will and find the posts that they say they think illegal immigrants are not a problem and don't need deported and think we should let more come.

But it would just get straw manned to death. So w/e, think what you want. It's a free country.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 19:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

But it would just get straw manned to death.
It's a shame that you'll never grasp the complete and total irony of this statement.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-10 19:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

But it would just get straw manned to death.
It's a shame that you'll never grasp the complete and total irony of this statement.

Funny that you think you understand irony and fail so bad at understanding your own hypocrisy.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 19:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It involves coding changes so he'll have to get settled into his new home; Tuesday at the earliest.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-10 19:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen anyone say they don't think illegal immigration is a problem. And anti-vax guys, really? You don't have the right to kill your children.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-10 19:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It involves code changes, which means it's not immediate. This isn't exactly my day job. Trust me, you'll know when it hits.

I was the one that started that, and you know absolutely nothing about my actual politics. Also, who even holds that particular viewpoint?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-10 19:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

It involves code changes, which means it's not immediate. This isn't exactly my day job. Trust me, you'll know when it hits.
Does this mean terms like strawman and hypocrisy may lead to autobans or something?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-10 19:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have let it slip last week that I wanted to hunt down and execute tax-paying Americans, but I was probably just in a bad place emotionally.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-10 20:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually play a game for a day and fall so far behind.

Wow....

King, sorry a single man can't adopt in TX. No matter our political differences I think you would be a great dad.

+ 1 if you hunt.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-10 20:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hunt and would probably be a horrible father, but at least I'm not a Texan.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-10 20:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Babies look like aliens, why would you want one of those.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-10 22:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty passive debate, Cruz and Rubio have just run out of things to say, only notable wtf moment was Rubio wants to raise the retirement age to 70. 5 days till he drops out.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-10 22:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Pretty passive debate, Cruz and Rubio have just run out of things to say, only notable wtf moment was Rubio wants to raise the retirement age to 70. 5 days till he drops out.

I think they finally realized that they cannot possibly win a rock fight with Trump.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-10 22:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That might be true of Cruz, I think its more like for rubio, he spent the entire week apologizing for his behavior and wanted to desperately look like an actual candidate so his donors don't bail on him before Tuesday.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-10 23:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as I can post, I am actually looking forward to it.

I was the one that started that, and you know absolutely nothing about my actual politics.
I know you're a reasonable person. That with some of the things you have posted about and commented on I have a decent idea where you stand.

Also, who even holds that particular viewpoint?
Apparently no one. Seems I was mistaken and everybody here believes that everyone has the right to not be forced to put a foreign substance into their bodies, and are pro deportation. Just like the whole 4 page debate about free college, I was wrong about that and every seems to agree with me that college shouldn't be free.

Because nobody actually "said" anything to the contrary.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1329 1330 1331 ... 1375 1376 1377