Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1323 1324 1325 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-08 13:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm convinced the Conservatives (UK party currently in power) are evil, they have just voted through cuts of £30/week to disabled people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/esa-wrag-disability-benefit-cut-disabled-mps-vote-tories-iain-duncan-smith-a6918556.html

Even a lovely list of who voted for the cuts and my MP just happens to be on there.

Disclaimer: I didn't vote for him.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-08 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

and then we are going to push them down the stairs!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-08 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
they have just voted through cuts of £30/week to disabled people.

They are fighting evil liberal thieves wanting to take the hard earned tax payer (conservatives) money. You have true heroes in UK.
I just realized that this is why none of the conservatives here use the Thief from FF1 as an avatar
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-03-08 13:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I'm convinced the Conservatives (UK party currently in power) are evil, they have just voted through cuts of £30/week to disabled people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/esa-wrag-disability-benefit-cut-disabled-mps-vote-tories-iain-duncan-smith-a6918556.html

Even a lovely list of who voted for the cuts and my MP just happens to be on there.

Disclaimer: I didn't vote for him.

Bedroom taxes and tampon taxes don't wash, I take it?

EDIT: Given the discussion on the last page, whether intentional or not, your entrance was beautifully timed.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-08 13:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I just realized that this is why none of the conservatives here use the Thief from FF1 as an avatar

no it isn't and you should feel bad for thinking it is!

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-08 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

also lol @ Sir Peter Bottomley
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-08 14:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Why wouldn't she be?

I saw someone driving down the berm yesterday...and my wife was all wtf is that person doing?... and I said "at the risk of being called a racist, my guess is that they are probably from india... "

/pull up alongside
india indian and female!

me~ "called it!"

[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lest we forget my favorite holiday

International women day

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-08 15:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FL newspaper refuses to endorse any GOP candidate.

Why we can't endorse Trump, Rubio, Cruz or Kasich

Sun Sentinel

Quote:
The Sun Sentinel Editorial Board is not going to make an endorsement in Florida's March 15 Republican presidential primary because the kind of person who should be running is not in the race.

We cannot endorse businessman Donald Trump, hometown Sen. Marco Rubio or Texas Sen. Ted Cruz because they are unqualified to be president. Ohio Gov. John Kasich is the best of the bunch, but if you measure a candidate by the caliber of his campaign, Kasich's lack of traction and organization make a vote for him count for little.

We showed our cards a year ago, before the extraordinarily large field of Republican candidates shaped up. We favored the adult in the room, Jeb Bush, a smart, experienced and principled conservative. But the nation wasn't ready for another Bush, and our former governor wasn't ready for the anti-establishment edge in today's Twitter-fueled campaign era.

So now, here's how we see the choices:

Donald Trump

If you're angry, like so many voters are, vote for Trump. If you want to send a message to the Republican establishment and the Washington elite — and you feel voting for Trump will poke a stick in their eye — knock yourself out. Trump's celebrity and trajectory could well propel him to the White House in November.

Maybe you think Trump doesn't really mean all the over-the-top things he says about Mexicans, Muslims, McCain and more. After all, this guy authored "The Art of the Deal" and knows negotiations start with an extreme position. He's already said he's willing to cut a deal on one of his hard-line immigration stances — mass deportations.

But if you believe Trump doesn't really mean everything he says, then you believe he is fooling everyone. So you're buying a pig in a poke.

And what if you're wrong?

Part of Trump's appeal is that he's willing to change his mind, that he's not in lockstep with the rules that make Washington dysfunctional. He's taken positions other Republicans have run from, such as funding Planned Parenthood's non-abortion health services and calling the Iraq War a mistake. To get things done, he says you've got to be flexible.

But conservative Republicans exhausted by the Obama Administration fear Trump is too willing to compromise and too bendable on core values. He has been both pro-choice and pro-life, for and against a ban on assault weapons, and for and against bringing in Syrian refugees. That he wrote checks to Hillary Clinton's last presidential campaign is a final straw.

Trump also is absurdly vague on how he would "make America great again." We all know Mexico is never going to pay for that wall and we're never going to round up and deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. When asked to explain how he will implement his bombastic pronouncements, Trump's complete lack of government experience shows.

Supposedly, Trump is a good businessman, but we know folks in Tampa who lost huge sums of money on Trump Tower Tampa, which never broke ground. His list of failures goes on: Trump Shuttle, Trump Vodka, Trump Magazine, Trump University, Trump Steaks and Trump Mortgage. You might think the Trump brand suggests quality, but history proves you wrong.

Trump would shake up Washington, no question. He might even unite Republicans and Democrats against a common enemy — himself. But given his smug, erratic, often petulant demeanor, do you really trust him with the keys to our nuclear arsenal?

The presidency is serious business, not reality television. Trump may be entertaining, but he lacks the experience and temperament to be president. He does not deserve your vote.

Marco Rubio

If you think Marco Rubio can unite the Republican Party under a winning banner, vote for him. But remember that he has almost no experience and has done little but run for office. Then, when he gets in office, he doesn't go to work very much. He holds the worst attendance record in the U.S. Senate.

Because Rubio has failed to do his job as a senator, broken the promises he made to Floridians and backed away from his lone signature piece of legislation on immigration, we cannot endorse him for president.

Without question, Rubio has a great personal story and tremendous political skills. He is smart and knows the issues beyond the talking points, no matter that one rote debate performance.

But Rubio is not the new-age Republican he claims to be. His positions on abortion, same-sex marriage, immigration, gun control, government surveillance and Cuba are those of yesteryear. And unlike Trump, Rubio is reliant on big donors who will expect big favors down the road.

Rubio's strongest suit appears to be foreign policy, but his neoconservative views should give voters pause. In an October interview about ISIS, for example, he advocated a no-fly zone over Syria that would take down any Russian jets there, too. Asked if he thought a military conflict with Russia would scare the American people, he said, "Sure. But the consequences of not doing anything would scare them even more."

Let us be clear: war with Russia is the last thing this war-weary nation wants and it was alarming to hear Rubio so cavalierly roll the dice. Fortunately, more considered minds from the U.S., Russia and other powers last month negotiated a cessation of hostilities in Syria's civil war.

We recognize that Rubio and Ted Cruz are the party's best shot at stopping Trump. If Rubio can secure Florida's winner-take-all primary, and certain other cards play out, perhaps Trump won't cross the finish line and another candidate can emerge at a brokered convention.

But a vote for Rubio should be more than a protest vote.

Rubio lacks the experience, work ethic and gravitas needed to be president. He has not earned your vote.

Ted Cruz

If you want someone who won't compromise on social issues, who will stand strong for limited government and will make his decisions based on the Bible, your choice is clear: Ted Cruz.

Cruz is unequivocal. He is anti-establishment and anti-Washington. And he is so determined to kill Obamacare that he was willing to shut down government for 16 days, America's economy be damned.

In talking tough against ISIS, Cruz promises to carpet-bombing Syrian villages, which betrays his ignorance of smart-bomb technology, let alone our nation's military strategy. Gen. Paul Selva, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has said that wanton bombing is categorically "not the way that we apply force in combat. It isn't now, nor will it ever be."

In the push for needed tax reform, Cruz promises to replace the Internal Revenue Service with a tiny office in the Treasury Department that will process tax returns submitted on postcards.

And in the face of Washington gridlock, Cruz has alienated almost everyone he's worked with, leading Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham to half-jokingly say that if someone killed Mr. Cruz "on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you."

Cruz scares us. He also should scare Republicans who want to win in November. Cruz has not earned your vote.

John Kasich

If you consider yourself a mainstream Republican, Ohio Gov. John Kasich is your man. He's a solid conservative who's fought public services unions, opposed same-sex marriage and battled to limit abortion rights. He supports a path to legalization — though not citizenship — for undocumented immigrants. He has strong credentials in government at the state and federal levels. And he's popular with those who know him best, boasting a 62 percent approval rating among Ohioans.

If he could survive the primary, Kasich would prove a strong candidate in November. Recent polls show he averages a 7.4 lead over Hillary Clinton, which is larger than the leads posted by Rubio, Cruz or Trump.

But while Kasich is the most qualified of the four candidates left standing, he lacks presidential presence. And he doesn't have a chance of winning because the Republican base is in rebellion and he got out of the gate too late to build a viable campaign organization.

Perhaps in a more-rational election year, the Sun Sentinel would endorse John Kasich. But we can't urge you to vote for someone who doesn't have a chance of winning the nomination.
By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Google is in on this

By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy International women's day I'll have a mile high sammich with all the fixings !
By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest on Trump apparently he is a Nazi. I knew it !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-right-hand-salute_us_56db50d8e4b03a405678e27a

My bad this is a Huff Post article carry on children !

Donald Trump’s ascent to the top of the Republican presidential candidate heap has been increasingly likened to the rise of Adolf Hitler, as both men have used racist rhetoric and blamed select groups of minorities for many of the country's problems.

On Saturday, that comparison became even more apparent when footage surfaced of Trump at a rally in Orlando, Florida, that was eerily reminiscent of 1930s Nazi rallies.

Toward the end of his speech, Trump can be seen addressing the crowd forcefully. He tells them to raise their right hand and asks them to repeat after him that they will vote for him for president, no matter what.

"Don't forget you all raised your hand, you swore," Trumps says to the crowd afterwards. "Bad things happen if you don't live up to what you just did."

The clip mirrored scenes of Hitler addressing crowds in Nazi Germany and performing the Nazi salute -- a raised right hand.

On Friday, Bill Maher aired a mock translation of one of Hitler's speeches on his show to demonstrate how both men employed racist rhetoric that appeals to the public's fears.

Similarly, comedian Louis C.K. sent an email to his fans Saturday comparing Trump to Hitler and begging people not to vote for him. "It was funny for a little while," he wrote in his email. "But the guy is Hitler."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-08 15:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the millennial way.

"If you don't agree with me, then you're worse than Hitler."

Is there anything more lazy?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"If you don't agree with me, then you're worse than Hitler."

Is there anything more lazy?

Actually there is not voting !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a new dictator I think Hitler is getting tired of being referenced all the time.

I think we all hate Taylor Swift. I'm going to start comparing evil things to her !

Swift is racist though !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220003/Taylor-Swift-s-Wildest-Dreams-video-slammed-racist-based-glamorous-white-colonial-fantasy.html

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-08 15:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-08 15:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well more credible news places even asked Trump about the Nazi thing. It was on NBC earlier today.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-08 15:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-08 15:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Louis CK is a millenial?

fonewear said: »
blarghle

You need to take a little break.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-08 15:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Louie CK. So millenial, he was born in 1967. Fkng lazy scourge.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-08 15:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump only wishes he had Hitler-tier oratory skill.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-03-08 15:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

he has the best words sparthos.

[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-08 15:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Eh, whatever negative traits you want to assign to The Trump™, sure, but he CAN work a crowd. That's basically his only actual skill, and he's well on his way to securing the GOP nomination with nothing but some hilariously bad policy proposals and his ability to work the mic/camera.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-08 15:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It is so pathetic. It really is. Open up Facebook and you have to scroll through 35 articles or posts comparing Donald Trump supporters to the rise of the Nazis. If the fools on the left would wake up and ignore the (R) in front of his name, they would realize that Donald Trump is Bernie Sanders minus the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tax policy and free college, but with an actual resume of accomplishment and real life experience.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-08 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

His demeanour is more reminiscent of Mussolini than Hitler. The chin-up smugface was his signature, together with pauses every two words.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-08 16:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is so pathetic. It really is. Open up Facebook and you have to scroll through 35 articles or posts comparing Donald Trump supporters to the rise of the Nazis. If the fools on the left would wake up and ignore the (R) in front of his name, they would realize that Donald Trump is Bernie Sanders minus the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tax policy and free college, but with an actual resume of accomplishment and real life experience.
Like every single sentence of this post is wrong.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-08 16:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Eh, whatever negative traits you want to assign to The Trump™, sure, but he CAN work a crowd. That's basically his only actual skill, and he's well on his way to securing the GOP nomination with nothing but some hilariously bad policy proposals and his ability to work the mic/camera.

Trump is to Billy Mays as Hitler is to MLK in terms of oratory skill. One side are salesman, the other are master orators. Hell, half of Obama's surge to defeating Clinton came on how he was able to master the microphone and deliver a speech you wanted to strive towards.

Yeah, I put MLK and Hitler in the same category because their ability to be eloquent, commanding, larger than life figures is something Trump could only wish to be.

Trump comes on with a too tight cap over his hairpiece, looking overly spray tanned, repeating himself constantly but not in a good way, can't stop talking about his business school experience and comes off as someone seeking reassurance. He stoops to vulgarity often sounding more like a schoolchild than a leader.

Look at an MLK speech or Hitler working a crowd and there's no contest. We can bash Nazis all day but their presentation game was on point.
First Page 2 3 ... 1323 1324 1325 ... 1375 1376 1377