Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1289 1290 1291 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-02-28 09:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
She is polling at 75% wow.

Yeah African-American voters don't like Bernie. I think it stems from all that negative blacklivesmatter publicity.

He's going to struggle in Texas which has a large black and Latino population.

Maybe cause he is an old white guy that is out of touch with everyone but old white guys !

Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-28 09:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Yeah African-American voters don't like Bernie. I think it stems from all that negative blacklivesmatter publicity.

Maybe cause he is an old white guy that is out of touch with everyone but old white guys !

I think his message is great and has transformed the Democrat party for the better, it's just his ideas aren't plausible.
By fonewear 2016-02-28 09:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He has been in politics forever and I can't honestly recalling ever caring about him a single time. So what exactly has he accomplished ?
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 09:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

About as much as Hillary.. Still waiting for someone to answer that question about her as well..
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-28 09:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think his message is great and has transformed the Democrat party for the better, it's just his ideas aren't plausible.

Except they are...
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 10:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't elaborate or anything.. /sigh
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-28 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Except they are...
nope
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-28 10:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

His ideas are absolutely plausible and he seems to be the only candidate who has actual plans. Nobody else has said how they're going to pay for the stuff they're promising except for ludicrous claims like trump getting Mexico to pay for that wall. The problem with Sanders's ideas is that the current balance of power means that the thousands who stand to lose have more influence than the hundred million who stand to gain. Don't misunderstand, though, his ideas are a huge shift, I'd say about 15 years early, but only because young people won't turn up for midterms and break the deadlock.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-28 10:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
It's unlikely America can catch up to the rest of the world as a society anytime soon so I think it's correct saying his ideas aren't plausible.

If 30% of the population oppose something and 20% are too lazy to vote, that still leaves half the country with the will and means to make changes. It's not implausible, just unlikely.
By fonewear 2016-02-28 10:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Young people think midterms are exams not elections !

I've voted since 18 and I've never seen anyone 18 at the voting station....

I actually discuss politics with friends and family which in this day in age is rare.

Cause most political discussion is posting an image on Facebook. That is the end of the discussion.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 10:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
The problem with Sanders's ideas is that the current balance of power means that the thousands who stand to lose have more influence than the hundred million who stand to gain.

Your math is a bit off. In no way will I or any of my middle class family gain anything from Sanders plans or Clinton's. The middle class will lose and the poor will remain poor just like it has with Obama.

I actually discuss politics with friends and family which in this day in age is rare.
This isn't rare around my neck of the woods.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-28 10:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He has been in politics forever and I can't honestly recalling ever caring about him a single time. So what exactly has he accomplished ?
Colonel Sanders original chicken.. Or is that a different Sanders. They're both old and look the same.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-28 10:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
The problem with Sanders's ideas is that the current balance of power means that the thousands who stand to lose have more influence than the hundred million who stand to gain.

Your math is a bit off. In no way will I or any of my middle class family gain anything from Sanders plans or Clinton's. The middle class will lose and the poor will remain poor just like it has with Obama.

My math? My Math is just the normal curve. ~60% of Americans fall within 0.5z deviations or below median income (it's actually even more but that excludes people who don't file taxes). So, even if you say the middle 30% are the "middle class", that still leaves ~30% of Americans who would benefit greatly while less than 2% of Americans would actually see an increased burden. So, yeah, thousands would suffer while a hundred million benefit.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 10:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's unlikely America can catch up to the rest of the world as a society anytime soon so I think it's correct saying his ideas aren't plausible.

You seem to think the rest of the world isn't behind America. Why exactly does everyone want to live in America and why does every country strive to run government like America? America is a massive influence throughout the world.

Sorry to bust your bubble.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-28 11:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to think the rest of the world isn't behind America. Why exactly does everyone want to live in America and why does every country strive to run government like America? America is a massive influence throughout the world.

Sorry to burst yours, but everyone doesn't. We've had negative immigration for nearly a decade and most of the rest of the modern world has all the same freedoms we do aside from unlimited access to guns.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 11:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

most of the rest of the modern world has all the same freedoms we do
You're welcome.

aside from unlimited access to guns.
The above wouldn't have happened without them.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 11:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, if you compare Syria to USA.

Yeah, that's what I did..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-28 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I just scrolled across holocaust denier garbage on Facebook. It makes me feel a lot less bad about this site.

Yeah. It's important to remember that no matter how heated and contentious the discussions around here get, there is a floor none of us sink below

Never go full YouTube comments section. EVER.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-28 11:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome.

What does that have to do with the fact that most of the world DOESN'T want to live here anymore? We're behind, in just about every way that factors into quality of life without even the awareness to understand it.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-28 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A rather broad statement to make. A false one at that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-28 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

America, still living in 1945.

Remember all lives matter. Feminism is poison. Climate change isn't real. America needs to be great again. We won WWII by ourselves. USA, USA, USA.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 11:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome.

What does that have to do with the fact that most of the world DOESN'T want to live here anymore? We're behind, in just about every way that factors into quality of life without even the awareness to understand it.
America, still living in 1945.

It has everything to do with it. Thanks to America the rest of the world is far better off then it used to be. To say America needs to be more like the rest of the world is a joke. The past decade should be more than enough proof of that. If anything America needs to go back to being what America was, not what the Democrats want it to be.

Again, You're welcome.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 11:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
We won WWII by ourselves. USA, USA, USA.

America used both world wars to grow its influence, economy and military might. Key word used.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-28 11:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's put this in visual terms....

You're in a car race. For 50 laps, you're miles ahead, then everyone notices that you're taking turns different and starts doing it your way. They end up being better at it than you are and pass you. You are now way behind. Does that mean you don't have to keep moving forward because you lead for a half the race?

No, other countries took our lead and ran with it, now we're the ones lagging behind.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-02-28 11:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A rather broad statement to make. A false one at that.
Houston metro has a huge African-American community. Then there's that toxic spill in Sierra Blanca haunting Bernie. He's going to loose in TX.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-28 11:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We won WWII by ourselves. USA, USA, USA.

America used both world wars to grow its influence, economy and military might. Key word used.

Kinda helps when the European continent and East are both blown to ***. We won, we aided rebuilding both regions and benefit tremendously. Now America sits on her laurels, talking about the good old days rather than invest in any vision. And we wonder why people are upset? Much wealth has been siphoned onto emerging markets.

But yeah, lets keep talking about Hitler and the Cold War. It's like that 50 year old man talking about his HS football days.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-28 11:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, other countries took our lead and ran with it, now we're the ones lagging behind.
What are other countries doing better than us? Taking money away from working people and giving it to the poor? This seems to be exactly what you're are saying.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1289 1290 1291 ... 1375 1376 1377