Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1286 1287 1288 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-26 13:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
So I post accurate reports of events that transpired and you edit my post and say "lack of evidence?"
At least it wasn't a meme.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-26 13:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than Trump being Trump, I have not seen any other campaign resort to the dirty tricks the Cruz campaign has. I don't need proof that Cruz ordered these things, thats not how a campaign works. In a political campaign, the candidate is responsible for everything that comes out of their office, and the candidate reaps the benefits or in Cruz's case, suffers the consequences, like he did in South Carolina when Trump walked away with all 50 delegates. There is no deflecting blame, it all lands on the candidate.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-26 13:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So you guys think Cruz is in approval of all these things that are very obviously hurting his campaign. Do you honestly believe he would shoot himself in the foot like this?

Lol. What am I saying. Of coarse you do.

Binders full of women ftw here.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-26 13:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump

Quote:
(CNN)New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie offered a surprise endorsement to Donald Trump on Friday, saying there is no one better prepared to lead the country or defeat former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should she become the Democratic nominee.

"I am proud to be here to endorse Donald Trump for president of the United States," the New Jersey Republican told reporters at a press conference in Texas. "The best person to beat Hillary Clinton on that stage last night is undoubtedly Donald Trump."

Christie is the first of Trump's former rivals for the Republican nomination to endorse the billionaire presidential candidate who has now won three out of four primary contests and is increasingly viewed as the most likely candidate to become the GOP nominee. The endorsement it gives him an establishment endorsement and once again Trump has stolen the news cycle from his primary Rubio.

Christie, who has long been family friends with Trump, pledged he would help Trump campaign for the presidency through the general election in November. He introduced Trump at a rally Friday in Fort Worth, Texas and will also appear with Trump in Oklahoma City on Friday evening.

The endorsement came as a surprise to the assembled press and audible gasps could be heard as Christie walked into the room with Trump. Trump said during his Texas rally that he wanted to "keep it a secret for the people of Texas."

A source close to Christie said the governor's decision came down to Trump's inevitability as the most likely Republican nominee and because Christie believes Trump would be the best candidate to take on Clinton.

The source added Christie picked Trump over Cruz because of Cruz's ideological rigidity.

As for Rubio, the source said Christie's disdain for Rubio that became so evident on the debate stage was not feigned, but simply how Christie feels about the Floridian.

Senior Rubio aide Todd Harris poked fun at Trump for the endorsement.

"Gov. Christie is a very articulate guy which is probably why Donald Trump had to bring him on to his campaign," Harris said. "Clearly Donald Trump is incapable of explaining any of his ideas for the future of this country, he's incapable of explaining what's hiding in his tax return."

While Christie profusely lauded Trump during the news conference Friday, the New Jersey governor known for his similarly brash style had previously slammed Trump as an "entertainer-in-chief" during the Republican primary race and called Trump's plan to temporarily ban Muslims from the United States "ridiculous."

"That part is over," Christie said of the fighting between the two men during the primary race, adding that his decision to endorse Trump came down to "who is the best person to stop Hillary Clinton from getting inside the White House ever again."

He added: "There is no one who is better prepared to provide America with the strong leadership that it needs." ...
There is more, LOTS more.

Think Christie wants the VP slot?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-26 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

CrissCross said: »
there is no one better prepared to lead the country
Lol.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-26 13:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Altimaomega said: »
So you guys think Cruz is in approval of all these things that are very obviously hurting his campaign. Do you honestly believe he would shoot himself in the foot like this?

Let's put it this way then, if he can't run his presidential campaign straight, you think he would be able to run the whole country?

yea.. totes the same thing. I forgot Obama was the best President ever!

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-26 14:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

let's go ask richard nixon!

I forgot Obama was the best President ever!

no...but he did run two very successful presidential campaigns and if we can't put aside our hatred of him and learn something, anything at all...about campaigning on the national level we're going to be picking up our balls off the floor again in november after hillary sack wacks us
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-26 14:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Let's put it this way then, if he can't run his presidential campaign straight, you think he would be able to run the whole country?

yea.. totes the same thing. I forgot Obama was the best President ever!
Well let's be real here Altima.... How many times have you bashed Obama or others for that matter for claiming they are not at fault when something goes wrong in their administration. A campaign isn't even close to being on the same level and you're going to give Cruz a pass on what not knowing that his people are off doing all these thing or being so weak that he can't even control the direction of his own campaign or the actions of the people helping him run it?

I would think you would be more critical of his actions or inaction than just making excuses for him.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-26 14:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the carson thing was a real *** move and I think it's going to bite him right in the "not like the other politicians" ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-26 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I thought the carson thing was a real *** move and I think it's going to bite him right in the "not like the other politicians" ***.
He failed to understand that's what you do towards the end when you need a wn not right at the beginning so everyone knows your level of shady right away...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-26 14:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you see Lindsey graham say something like you could murder Ted Cruz on the senate floor and if the case was tried by the senate you would get away with it lol... Then he endorsed trump in hopes that the magic death knell his endorsement brings would fall on trump lol
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-26 14:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Did you see Lindsey graham say something like you could murder Ted Cruz on the senate floor and if the case was tried by the senate you would get away with it lol... Then he endorsed trump in hopes that the magic death knell his endorsement brings would fall on trump lol

lol it's back a page

lindsey graham
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-26 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-26 14:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies...

It's funny enough to deserve repeating.

Graham is all "how the f did I lose to these other guys!?"

lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-26 14:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies...

It's funny enough to deserve repeating.

Graham is all "how the f did I lose to these other guys!?"

lol
It was a pretty hilarious rant... He will be drinking heavily tonight lol
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-26 14:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing about Cruz is after he gets done losing the nomination he has to go back to being a Senator that has not only accomplished nothing, but he has to work with the people he has been insulting for the past year. Good luck with that.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-02-26 14:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh they do that anyways.... Bau in politics...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-26 14:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
The funny thing about Cruz is after he gets done losing the nomination he has to go back to being a Senator that has not only accomplished nothing, but he has to work with the people he has been insulting for the past year. Good luck with that.
Do you think that if he pulls off a miracle and wins he will bother showing up for work?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-26 14:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Congress isn't going to do anything this year regardless. The only thing of interest is whether or not they will hold confirmation hearings which will turn into a real embarrassment for the GOP if maintain the current rhetoric.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-26 15:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Donald Trump is not a joke: A warning to Americans from an Italian who survived Berlusconi
Quartz

Openers:

Quote:
Donald Trump is hilarious, you guys.

The Republican presidential candidate literally went from being that guy trolling the world on Twitter to being that guy trolling the Grand Old Party’s campaign. He says he’ll build a wall between the United States and Mexico and it will be huge and Mexico will pay for it and America will be great again. His sexism is nauseating, his ignorance cringe-worthy, his conduct baffling. He provides more memes, gifs, jokes and video games than one could possibly have time for.

And he really is winning.

In advance of the South Carolina primary on Sunday, a joke circulated online asking women if they’d have sex with Trump, if it meant he’d drop out of the race. My answer would be “no” for at least three reasons:

I am not an American citizen, and this is not the kind of thing one should even remotely consider doing for a foreign country.
Even if Trump dropped out of the race, what would we do about the people who support his brand of hatred? Would they give up their claims to US citizenship, too?
I’ve heard this question before.

Well, not exactly this question. As an Italian citizen, I have heard different variations on this question–with former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi subbing in for the Donald....
There's lots more.

Dedicated to our Italian posters.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-26 15:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/ben-carson-thinks-maybe-his-campaign-was-a-scam/470715/

The look on Carsons face says it all.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-26 16:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Berlusconi is not like Trump.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-26 18:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Marco and Trump were exchanging playgound taunts today. Like actual taunts kids would say on a playgound. Trump even mocked Rubio's famed water bottle fumble.

I'm almost pissing my pants this is so funny.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-26 19:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
As the article points out there are similarities.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-27 00:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

no...but he did run two very successful presidential campaigns and if we can't put aside our hatred of him and learn something, anything at all...about campaigning on the national level we're going to be picking up our balls off the floor again in november after hillary sack wacks us

Considering more republicans than ever before are out voting right now I'd say they are running fairly decent campaigns.

Which my point was, and I'm sure you understood it. Obama ran his campaigns better than he runs the country. More than likely because he had other people running them.

Which brings me to.

Well let's be real here Altima.... How many times have you bashed Obama or others for that matter for claiming they are not at fault when something goes wrong in their administration. A campaign isn't even close to being on the same level and you're going to give Cruz a pass on what not knowing that his people are off doing all these thing or being so weak that he can't even control the direction of his own campaign or the actions of the people helping him run it?

Campaigns are nothing like running the country most of the people are volunteer and know nothing. While others never even talk to or see the person they are campaigning for.

Comparing the two is craziness to say the least.

I would think you would be more critical of his actions or inaction than just making excuses for him.
I'm critical of everyone and everything. He has fired people and apologized for the screw ups.

It's gonna be either Trump, Cruz or Rubio. At the very least Cruz has shown he can deal with people screwing up. I would rather not have to vote Trump... And Rubio will just be more of the same we have had the past few decades... Why would anyone want that? I doubt he can beat Clinton or Sanders as well. It's going to take getting people that never vote to step up to the booth and he doesn't have that appeal.

Democrats are not going to vote for them anyways and I highly doubt many sought after "undecided moderates" are around in this day and age.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-27 06:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
As the article points out there are similarities.
It's a very biased article with not much truth to it, and I hate Silvio a lot too.
Berlusconi is very very very bad, but for different reasons, he's really not like Trump. For starters he's a moderate; Salvini and his Lega party is much more similar to Trump in Italy, not Berlusconi.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-27 08:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-party.html?_r=0

The money shot is this, and I've never seen anything like it:

Quote:
While still hopeful that Mr. Rubio might prevail, Mr. McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. Mr. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Mr. Trump’s loss as a given and describing a Republican Senate to voters as a necessary check on a President Hillary Clinton, according to senators at the lunches.

Think about that! The GOP might run attack ads against its own candidate. Super Tuesday is going to be amazing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1286 1287 1288 ... 1375 1376 1377