Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1271 1272 1273 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 19:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Click for lulz

http://www.jebbush.com

http://tedcruzforamerica.com/
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-17 19:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Unfamiliar with that term.

Alexander Hamilton wasn't born here, and the common misconception is that he wouldn't have been eligible to be President, that the clause was some kind of spite in his direction.

(It's not true, though; he would have been grandfathered into eligibility, had he not been, you know, shot.)
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 19:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Why exactly does the President have to be born from an American Citizen?

To freeze out Hamilton, actually

I actually don't think thats true, while he was well hated, he was a citizen of the US at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, so he was eligible, despite being a ***.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-17 19:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I actually don't think thats true, while he was well hated, he was a citizen of the US at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, so he was eligible, despite being a ***.

Yeah, was an attempt at a joke. Too subtle, I guess

/back to the drawing board
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 19:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Been that way for months. It is hilarious though...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-17 19:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Well then stop complaining about the president already.

You realize I am only pointing out why everyone here is wrong? The President even came out and said that it is Congresses job to accept or deny his appointment.
THIS IS THE PART THEY ARE SAYING THEY WILL NOT DO.

As in they are allowed to refuse consent but most of them are saying they will will refuse to even consider.

But Obama could so apply pressure by making a recess appointment of a distinguished retired screamingly liberal judge and offering up the well accepted Hindu dude you say shouldn't even be eligible.

Then again Obama isn't one to apply that kind of pressure. If only he had had the cojones of LBJ....
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 19:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly certain I have said multiple times that both sides are being stupid about the whole thing.
Garuda.Chanti said: »
As in they are allowed to refuse consent
At least you understand this part. /clap

But Obama could so apply pressure by making a recess appointment
He already said on live TV he wasn't even considering this. He could be lying.. Wouldn't be the first or even tenth time..
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-02-17 20:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Obama is just as obstructionist because he doesn't want to nominate a hardcore conservative.
Oh god lol. That sentence is brain-dead. Just... yikes.

Is the plan to stall the nomination for after Trump is sworn in? Because it might be hard to draw this out until hell freezes over.

You're indeed pretty ignorant then. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you think racism and bigotry only flow one way, why wouldn't you think that only republicans can obstruct Obama's goals instead of Obama obstructing republican goals?

As for stalling, please show me where in the rules it says congress cannot refuse to consider a SJC nomination from the president for any set amount of time.

As I said, as recent as 2007 Chuck Schumer suggested that dems refuse to consider Bush's potential nominations for over a year.

"Rules for thee, not for me" Is entirely your motto.

Why was it ok for Obama and democrats to fillabuster Bush's pick for SCJ but if Republicans even talk about it its OMFG the hate the US. Hypocrisy by some of the people here is amazing.

Sorce: I know its Fox but was fact checked.
Obama Fillabuster
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-17 20:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly certain I have said multiple times that both sides are being stupid about the whole thing.
You did. One of the things whe agree on.

But Obama could so apply pressure by making a recess appointment
Quote:
He already said on live TV he wasn't even considering this. He could be lying.. Wouldn't be the first or even tenth time..
I said he could, he said he wouldn't.

You do understand the kind of pressure a screamingly liberal recess appointment would put on the GOP?

Not to mention making them seem weak and loosers when they capitulate and accept a centrist to get rid of the liberal.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-17 20:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Why was it ok for Obama and democrats to fillabuster Bush's pick for SCJ but if Republicans even talk about it its OMFG the hate the US. Hypocrisy by some of the people here is amazing.
The obvious difference being that Republicans have refused to vote on anyone. You'd have a point if they had at least waited for a nomination to be announced. So, no, sorry. Stash the 'h' word away for another day.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 20:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk of republicans refusing to vote on Obamas nomination. I have yet to see anything of the sort. I'd ask for proof, but... lol.. like anyone would provide it..

You do understand the kind of pressure a screamingly liberal recess appointment would put on the GOP?
Yes, I do. I really hope he does it.
Not to mention making them seem weak and loosers when they capitulate and accept a centrist to get rid of the liberal.
They don't need to do anything of the sort. They would let it ride out and use Obamas appointment to drum up vote for the upcoming election and have an even bigger voter turnout then what is already going to happen. Once the New president is elected they dump the liberal and appoint anyone they want.

Which is exactly why Obama is going to pick a moderate to start with. It is the only thing that can give him and the democrats any type of political victory if the Republicans deny it.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-17 20:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk of republicans refusing to vote on Obamas nomination. I have yet to see anything of the sort. I'd ask for proof, but... lol.. like anyone would provide it..

McConnell throws down the gauntlet: No Scalia replacement under Obama

The Senate majority leader's challenge to the president's nominating authority appears to be unprecedented.

Politico FOUR DAYS AGO.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 20:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate should not confirm a replacement for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia until after the 2016 election

You realize that means they will vote to deny right?
Politico.. Then twists the meaning to what they want. Unsurprising.

So yeah.. When you find someone actually saying they will not vote on it let me know..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 20:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time the republicans we're "obstructionist" by shutting down the government, the voters voted them a clear majority in 2014.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 20:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time the republicans we're "obstructionist" by shutting down the government, the voters voted them a clear majority in 2014.

They have been obstructionist plenty of times since then, and again, you ignore the Senate map for your own agenda.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-17 20:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you ignore the Senate map for your own agenda.
what?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 21:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What part didn't you understand?
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 21:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps if you explain yourself better less confusion would arise? You know.. Do what you tell others to do..

I know what you mean though. What are you going to do when Republicans keep the majority or.. gasp! Add seats?

I'm sure you'll find something to be vague about.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-17 21:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There is pretty much no way they are going to add seats, the only Dem seat thats really close to being "up for grabs" is Harry Reid's, and thats cancelled out by Kirk's impending departure.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-17 21:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirk's impending departure.

Holy ***! The Enterprise is almost done?!?
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-17 22:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There is pretty much no way they are going to add seats

I'm betting 51R/48D/1I

2016 senate
By Altimaomega 2016-02-18 00:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
The obvious difference being that Republicans have refused to vote on anyone. You'd have a point if they had at least waited for a nomination to be announced. So, no, sorry. Stash the 'h' word away for another day.
This H word?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 00:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush didn't nominate anyone after 2006 tho, so that recommendation never came to fruition.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 00:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush didn't nominate anyone after 2006 tho, so that recommendation never came to fruition.

You mean like how Obama hasn't nominated anyone yet? Stop pretending that this isn't hypocrisy simply because of the (D) next to the name. You probably don't even know much about Schumer, so defending him just makes you look like a partisan hack.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-18 00:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're actually saying that they planned on not letting Bush get any nominations and he wasn't even in the position to appoint anyone at the time! You guys have the balls to call Republicans obstructionist!

WOW!
Feel The Bern!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 02:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in the age of thoughtless Facebook memes that no one would care to research the full statement but:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
We cannot afford to see Justice Stevens replaced by another Roberts of Justice Ginsburg replaced by another Alito. Given the track of this President and the experience of obfuscation at hearings, with respect to the Supreme Court at least, I will recommend to my colleagues that we should not confirm any Bush nominee to the Supreme Court except in extraordinary circumstances. They must prove by actions not words that they are in the mainstream rather than we have to prove that they are not.
He objected to the poor vetting that happened with Roberts and Alito. No more justices unless that was improved. Nowhere is there the same blind rejection being served up by Senate Republicans right now.

Put forth an honest argument for once, please and thank you.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-18 07:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Put forth an honest argument for once, please and thank you.
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Stop pretending that this isn't hypocrisy simply because of the (D) next to the name.
First Page 2 3 ... 1271 1272 1273 ... 1375 1376 1377