Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1185 1186 1187 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-27 19:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Police pull a driver over. While they are running his papers he bolts. Cop shoots him in the back.

This one isn't theortical. You're OK with it?

Oh... paged. Here, have the video:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 19:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If the cop finds out he's wanted for something serious? Na I think it's just perfect to let him escape and pray for the best. Hope he sees the light and turns himself in.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-27 19:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Police pull a driver over. While they are running his papers he bolts. Cop shoots him in the back.

Oh... paged. Here, have the video:

YouTube Video Placeholder
"Content not available in your country"

I guess the truth is illegal in the USA?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-27 19:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its an Australian video, I can't see it either. But no, there is no reason to shoot there, no matter who the guy was, thats murder.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 19:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This one?
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/us/south-carolina-walter-scott-shooting-michael-slager/
I would say trying to immobilize someone is a lot different than blatantly trying to end someone's life. I'm not going to try to play judge on this one cuz I haven't heard the whole story and I think that's why it will go to trial. If he's found guilty then he's guilty.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-27 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Police arrive to a murder crime scene. Suspect escapes and continues to commit more acts of murder. You're perfectly fine with such a reality taking place. You must think every situation is very cut and dry. Zero variations whatsoever and that police don't save lives. Police are the problem. Not crime itself.

The job of a cop is to investigate said murder, the job of the prosecutor is to attempt to prove they did it, and the job of a jury is to decide if they're guilty. Nobody in that chain (in most cases) is responsible or entitled to decide if that person should die.

Even the justice system fails a shockingly high amount of the time. Would you be ok with cops shooting anyone who looks like they might have committed a murder without due process? Do you even constitution, bro?

I would say trying to immobilize someone is a lot different than blatantly trying to end someone's life.

Police have tools to pursue or immobilize a fleeing suspect without endangering anyone's life. There's no reason to reach for a pistol when you have non-lethal options and aren't in mortal danger.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-27 23:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
I would say trying to immobilize someone is a lot different than blatantly trying to end someone's life.
Police have tools to pursue or immobilize a fleeing suspect without endangering anyone's life. There's no reason to reach for a pistol when you have non-lethal options and aren't in mortal danger.
Interesting concept.
Quote:
In police jargon, deadly force is also referred to as shoot to kill. The Supreme Court has ruled that, depending on the circumstances, if an offender resists arrest, police officers may use as much force as is reasonably required to overcome the resistance. Whether the force is reasonable is determined by the judgment of a reasonable officer at the scene, rather than by hindsight.
Even my own personal opinion sounds more liberal than the actual Law itself.
Police arrive to a murder crime scene. Suspect escapes and continues to commit more acts of murder. You're perfectly fine with such a reality taking place. You must think every situation is very cut and dry. Zero variations whatsoever and that police don't save lives. Police are the problem. Not crime itself.
The job of a cop is to investigate said murder,
....and Detectives? hmmm
Do you even constitution, bro?
Quote:
In Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1, 105 S. Ct. 1694, 85 L. Ed. 2d 1 (1985), the Supreme Court ruled that it is a violation of the Fourth Amendment for police officers to use deadly force to stop fleeing felony suspects who are nonviolent and unarmed. The decision, with an opinion written by Justice byron r. white, said, in part, "We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."
In the end, your own personal ideas sound great yet everything is subjective to the situation itself.
There are no such absolutes that you claim exist.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-28 00:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting concept.
Quote:
In police jargon, deadly force is also referred to as shoot to kill. The Supreme Court has ruled that, depending on the circumstances, if an offender resists arrest, police officers may use as much force as is reasonably required to overcome the resistance. Whether the force is reasonable is determined by the judgment of a reasonable officer at the scene, rather than by hindsight.
Even my own personal opinion sounds more liberal than the actual Law itself.
The job of a cop is to investigate said murder,
....and Detectives? hmmm
Do you even constitution, bro?
Quote:
In Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1, 105 S. Ct. 1694, 85 L. Ed. 2d 1 (1985), the Supreme Court ruled that it is a violation of the Fourth Amendment for police officers to use deadly force to stop fleeing felony suspects who are nonviolent and unarmed. The decision, with an opinion written by Justice byron r. white, said, in part, "We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."
In the end, your own personal ideas sound great yet everything is subjective to the situation. There are no such absolutes as you claim exist.

Another pile of misunderstanding.

The law about use of force for a subject resisting arrest uses "reasonable", which has a different meaning in legal terms. What is reasonable is what is would be considered appropriate under general circumstances. What is appropriate if a person is attempting to harm an officer at close range is way different than what is reasonable if a suspect is fleeing. Apples and oranges for this conversation.

As far as Tn v Garner, which you clearly didn't do any background on, actually was the ruling that determined that officers cannot shoot a fleeing suspect. It poses that the in the entirety of a situation, the interest of the state in apprehending a suspect must outweigh their interest in life and limb, making justifying shooting a fleeing suspect infinitely more difficult. Under that decision, in order for shooting a fleeing suspect to be reasonable, they must demonstrate an imminent threat if the suspect is able to escape. That's not "he has expired tags, so he'll probably assault a woman if he gets away".

....and Detectives? hmmm

"detectives" are just officers that have a more specific training and focus. They're level 2 tech support. And, it's pretty obvious you have acquired most of your knowledge about law enforcement from TV dramas.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-28 01:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting debate. While I google information cuz I'm no expert on any of the above. You just speak without any base of knowledge to back up anything whatsoever that you claim or say. Even when I provide exact wording contradicting everything you claim. You then turn and say I'm wrong and you're right with zero proof supporting anything you say. All while altering and distorting every last thing I say LoL you win
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-28 01:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting debate. While I google information cuz I'm no expert on any of the above. You just speak without any base of knowledge to back up anything whatsoever that you claim or say. Even when I provide exact wording contradicting everything you claim. You then turn and say I'm wrong and you're right with zero proof supporting anything you say. All while altering and distorting every last thing I say LoL you win

You admit you're just googling stuff and have no frame of reference but think you're qualified to judge my base of knowledge? Lol, ok buddy, keep posting things you don't understand that are either irrelevant or confirm what I've said and pat yourself on the back. I'm done.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-28 03:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Its an Australian video, I can't see it either. But no, there is no reason to shoot there, no matter who the guy was, thats murder.
Yeah... that man shouldn't had died. Even with the scuffle and everything else. Are Police trained too well on how to hit the torso.... How hard is it to aim for legs and not fire repeatedly. I blame the training. Tragedies like these shouldn't be happening. Even if an officer is allowed to shoot in such a situation, killing that man wasn't the right thing to do.

No I'm not. I just don't think every situation is as easy to see as this one. Like I said if it's a serious suspect and not someone scared to go to jail cuz he failed to pay his child support then yea but only immobilize them ffs....
or arm police with rubber bullets or whatever cuz this is too much
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-28 09:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... that man shouldn't had died. Even with the scuffle and everything else. Are Police trained too well on how to hit the torso.... How hard is it to aim for legs and not fire repeatedly....
Harder than you think.

As a tween I was a great shot with a rifle. Lay a coke bottle on its side and I could shoot down the neck and blow the bottom out 10/10 at 50 ft and 9/10 at 50 yards. Running rabbit at 50 ft? maybe 1/5.

And with a pistol at 50 ft I could only get 5/6 in the rings.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-28 11:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... that man shouldn't had died. Even with the scuffle and everything else. Are Police trained too well on how to hit the torso.... How hard is it to aim for legs and not fire repeatedly....
Harder than you think.

As a tween I was a great shot with a rifle. Lay a coke bottle on its side and I could shoot down the neck and blow the bottom out 10/10 at 50 ft and 9/10 at 50 yards. Running rabbit at 50 ft? maybe 1/5.

And with a pistol at 50 ft I could only get 5/6 in the rings.
I'm not trying to defend the officer but he did use force as the final measure to stop him. The guy ran. He chased him down. The guy fought with him. Reached for what he probly thought was the officers gun and shot his tazer. I could imagine the cop being fairly disoriented by that point. It could've easily been the officer dead instead. I'm just saying dying cuz you failed to pay your child support is insane.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-29 20:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pataki is out. Wait... what's a Pataki?

Pataki leaving Republican presidential race
Politico

Quote:
Former New York Governor George Pataki is dropping out of the presidential race, a supporter confirmed Tuesday.

“I had a nice 10-minute chat with him late afternoon and he is planning on suspending the campaign partially due to lack of resources to mount a ground game," said former New Hamsphire state Sen. David Currier, a Pataki supporter.

The Republican's candidacy never took off, and he's leaving the race with an average of 0 percent support at national polls. Pataki, whose strategy was heavily focused on New Hampshire, had raised just $153,513.89 in the third quarter, giving him $13,570.55 in cash on hand at the end of September.

He also had never managed to make it to the main debate stage.

In a race that has often been dominated by political outsiders, Pataki is the fourth current or former governor to drop out of the race, following Rick Perry, Scott Walker, and Bobby Jindal. Pataki served three terms of governor, from 1995 to 2006.

The GOP field, which has slowly winnowed, still has 12 candidates after Pataki's exit.
Which makes an even six and six for the Fox debates.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 09:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The air up there: How polluted is your state?

Here's to PA being #3 despite vast expanses of wilderness with two-plus centuries of coal and oil extraction, refining, and burning. Nothing like turning a beautiful state into a disgusting mess.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-30 09:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

45th!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-30 10:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramy and I have that top ten shame. Let's go ruin Mos's state!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-30 10:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

>:O
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-30 10:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If it makes you feel better Italy has the highest death rate related to pollution in the entire EU.

Woo we're first!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 10:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If it makes you feel better Italy has the highest death rate related to pollution in the entire EU.

Woo we're first!

Yeah. The Pittsburgh region has a pretty impressive rate of lung diseases thanks to the combination of pollution and blue collar workers' propensity for keeping Phillip Morris and RJ Reynolds rolling in money.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-30 11:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Woo we're first!

Yeah. The Pittsburgh region has a pretty impressive rate of lung diseases thanks to the combination of pollution and blue collar workers' propensity for keeping Phillip Morris and RJ Reynolds rolling in money.
You should go do something about it.

I know, why not organize a strike? I mean, strikes are basically an excuse not to work, right? Well, it would be like killing two birds with one stone!

Striking or not, it's not like your productivity level is going to change. Union workers are only a step up from government workers only because union workers could get fired for incompetency....
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-30 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's to PA being #3 despite vast expanses of wilderness with two-plus centuries of coal and oil extraction, refining, and burning. Nothing like turning a beautiful state into a disgusting mess.

New York is pretty far down but that's to be expected once you leave the city and we turn into a beautiful state. All the industry is gone anyway lol. How much pollution can you make with wine production?!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-30 11:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

how in the hell did idaho beat ohio and penisylvania!?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-30 11:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For people with a propensity for hating government, private industry sure has no problem taking lucrative government contracts....
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-30 11:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

New York is pretty far down but that's to be expected once you leave the city and we turn into a beautiful state. All the industry is gone anyway lol. How much pollution can you make with wine production?!

I'm up outside of Syracuse by Lake Ontario, we even have a 2 nuke plants and no pollution.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 11:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Woo we're first!

I know, why not organize a strike? I mean, strikes are basically an excuse not to work, right? Well, it would be like killing two birds with one stone!

Striking or not, it's not like your productivity level is going to change. Union workers are only a step up from government workers only because union workers could get fired for incompetency....

What the *** are you even on about now?

I'm talking about poor, stupid people wasting what little money they have killing themselves by smoking and you're going off on some anti-union diatribe again which has *** all to do with the topic at hand.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 11:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

how in the hell did idaho beat ohio and penisylvania!?

That good ol' Potato Pollution, I guess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-30 11:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Woo we're first!

What the *** are you even on about now?

I'm talking about poor, stupid people wasting what little money they have killing themselves by smoking and you're going off on some anti-union diatribe again which has *** all to do with the topic at hand.
Ah, going by your history of anti-corporation and the fact that you named specific people's names, I assumed that you were going on a tirade against people who actually give you a job and a paycheck. I do not know or care who those two people are, and, given your history of blind hated, I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hitlist of successful people you would kill in a moment's breath.

And, assuming you do have that list, I would probably be on it, abet pretty low on the list, so I'm not to terribly concerned for my life.

I did not know you were naming people in the tobacco industry. My bad.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-30 11:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For people with a propensity for hating government, private industry sure has no problem taking lucrative government contracts....

I can tell you from personal experience that you really start feeling the hatred when you pay taxes on the money you made doing the work a federal employee was supposed to be doing but instead of doing any work they bid it out to the lowest bidding/highest bribing subcontractor which is you for half as much as they are already getting paid to do it themselves by you...

right...and so how do we pay a federal employee twice as much as the guy doing the work taxing him 30% of his income? simple!

usdebtcloack
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-30 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Which screams inefficiency, wouldn't you think?
First Page 2 3 ... 1185 1186 1187 ... 1375 1376 1377