Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1181 1182 1183 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 12:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Absolutely blew my mind. Then you take into consideration that no charges are being pressed against him and I'm left in disbelief. Accidental discharge of the gun they say. That's impossible. I seen it go off twice it looked and he didn't exactly look startled by such an "accident" taking place. He just blatantly killed the guy. Whom just survived what looked to be a horrific car crash too nonetheless. Only to be murdered by someone whom had absolutely ZERO reasons to be pulling out a pistol on him in such a situation in the 1st place. He acted more like someone whom just sabotaged a vehicle to create an accident and seen a survivor whom was supposed to be dead and decided the task wasn't yet completed. Unreal. Accident my ***. He made sure nobody survived that crash.
He probably shouldn't have refused to put out that cigarette.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-23 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Absolutely blew my mind. Then you take into consideration that no charges are being pressed against him and I'm left in disbelief. Accidental discharge of the gun they say. That's impossible. I seen it go off twice it looked and he didn't exactly look startled by such an "accident" taking place. He just blatantly killed the guy. Whom just survived what looked to be a horrific car crash too nonetheless. Only to be murdered by someone whom had absolutely ZERO reasons to be pulling out a pistol on him in such a situation in the 1st place. He acted more like someone whom just sabotaged a vehicle to create an accident and seen a survivor whom was supposed to be dead and decided the task wasn't yet completed. Unreal. Accident my ***. He made sure nobody survived that crash.
Jassik said: »
Why is it so few people understand civil liberties while they run around screaming "freedom"?
So ya'll can't even distinguish the difference between events here? I don't even know what to say about that. Which is a problem in and of itself when something minimal is over exaggerated and blown way out of purportion and the other is a blatant murder scene which nobody seems to be able to comprehend.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-23 14:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it so few people understand civil liberties while they run around screaming "freedom"?
Well, the cops are loosing their freedom to just kill anyone for no reason. Not quickly enough though.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 14:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So ya'll can't even distinguish the difference between events here? I don't even know what to say about that. Which is a problem in and of itself when something minimal is over exaggerated and blown way out of purportion and the other is a blatant murder scene which nobody seems to comprehend.
Slippery slope, abuse of power, et al.
You can't go from saying comply with police regardless of legality, to OMG DAT POLICE BE BAD I SO SICK.
Police are given (necessary) power and authority over other civilians. There is a reason why they need to act within the boundaries of the authority and powers granted to them.
This is the reason why they need to be acting within the boundaries, and why they *MUST* be held accountable when overstepping.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-23 14:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Mag:

Creationist Who Believes in Chemtrails to Head Arizona State Senate Education Committee
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-23 14:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So ya'll can't even distinguish the difference between events here? I don't even know what to say about that. Which is a problem in and of itself when something minimal is over exaggerated and blown way out of purportion and the other is a blatant murder scene which nobody seems to comprehend.
You can't go from saying comply with police regardless of legality, to OMG DAT POLICE BE BAD I SO SICK.
Police are given (necessary) power and authority over other civilians. There is a reason why they need to act within the boundaries of the authority and powers granted to them.
This is the reason why they need to be acting within the boundaries, and why they *MUST* be held accountable when overstepping.
That doesn't mean one cannot see the difference between murder vs failure to comply. Regardless of wether you fancy yourself a warrior of civil liberties or not. There's a big difference between these scenarios.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-23 14:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this yesterday, then remembered it's a footnote to that piece of dogshit Ted Cruz being on the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-23 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If it makes you feel better the leader of the populist party in Italy(which is currently the second biggest)believes in all kinds of conspiracies from vaccines to nwo.

They went extremely close to winning last elections, only a few points and we'd be in their hands..and out of EU by consequence.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-23 14:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Saw this yesterday, then remembered it's a footnote to that piece of dogshit Ted Cruz being on the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee.

I mean if we're talking about shitheads on committees, we have to look no further than VA's representative Bob Goodlatte.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 14:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't mean one cannot see the difference between murder vs failure to comply. Regardless of wether you fancy yourself a warrior of civil liberties or not. There's a big difference between these scenarios.
So if a police officer illegally orders you to put out a cigarette, that's ok?
That's abuse of power.
If a police officer illegally executes you?
That's also abuse of power.
You attempt to control the former, to prevent the latter from existing. It isn't terribly probable that the recorded shooting is the only instance where that officer has been abusing his power/authority.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-23 15:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the cigarette comment was Milamber making a joke...

Is this really how this shooting went down?
Over a cigarette?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-12-23 15:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I thought the cigarette comment was Milamber making a joke...

Is this really how this shooting went down?
Over a cigarette?
It was an argument to the absurd, to point out the logical inconsistencies regarding abuse of police authority.

To the best of my knowledge, no cigarettes were involved in the instigation of the shooting.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-23 16:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Real interesting article on the Republicans' dilemmas this election cycle. Its pretty long and detailed.

The Great Republican Revolt

The GOP planned a dynastic restoration in 2016. Instead, it triggered an internal class war. Can the party reconcile the demands of its donors with the interests of its rank and file?

The Atlantic

Openers:
Quote:
The angriest and most pessimistic people in America aren’t the hipster protesters who flitted in and out of Occupy Wall Street. They aren’t the hashtavists of #BlackLivesMatter. They aren’t the remnants of the American labor movement or the savvy young dreamers who confront politicians with their American accents and un-American legal status.

The angriest and most pessimistic people in America are the people we used to call Middle Americans. Middle-class and middle-aged; not rich and not poor; people who are irked when asked to press 1 for English, and who wonder how white male became an accusation rather than a description.

You can measure their pessimism in polls that ask about their expectations for their lives—and for those of their children. On both counts, whites without a college degree express the bleakest view. You can see the effects of their despair in the new statistics describing horrifying rates of suicide and substance-abuse fatality among this same group, in middle age.

White Middle Americans express heavy mistrust of every institution in American society: not only government, but corporations, unions, even the political party they typically vote for—the Republican Party of Romney, Ryan, and McConnell, which they despise as a sad crew of weaklings and sellouts. They are pissed off. And when Donald Trump came along, they were the people who told the pollsters, “That’s my guy.”

They aren’t necessarily superconservative. They often don’t think in ideological terms at all. But they do strongly feel that life in this country used to be better for people like them—and they want that older country back.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-23 17:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Depicting anyone as a monkey is questionable as far as taste is concerned.

Though the idea of depicting someone -- black or white -- who doesn't believe in evolution as any sort of primate is somewhat amusing to me.

I love this controversy.

Libs cry racist if someone portrays obama or his kids as a monkey, but see no problem applying it to someone white. They vehemently make sure you know it's only ok to do it to a person of X race.

Then they expect you to believe they know what racism is and you don't.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-23 17:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the common consensus is that we are all monkeys.
(Although I disagree with this, humans are not monkeys!)
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-23 17:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Though the idea of depicting someone -- black or white -- who doesn't believe in evolution as any sort of primate is somewhat amusing to me.

I love this controversy.

Libs cry racist if someone portrays obama or his kids as a monkey, but see no problem applying it to someone white. They vehemently make sure you know it's only ok to do it to a person of X race.

Who said liberals don't have a problem with this cartoon? Anyone?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-23 17:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I love this controversy.

I see someone slept through the W years.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-23 17:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I need to repeat the question?
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-23 18:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious right now? Do you read the papers? Its the washington post and Ann Telnaes is the one that made the comic. Can it get more liberal then her?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-23 18:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So one comic is the only answer you have? One person. Ok. Well I guess its more than nausi.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-23 18:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So one comic is the only answer you have? One person. Ok. Well I guess its more than nausi.

Ok if I have to spell it out for you sure why the hell not.

The washington post is owned by Jeff Bezos, a major Hillary supporter. He supports just about every democratic stance you can think of. Pro-entitlement, anti gun etc. He is also way left as if you might remember he is the one that lobbied for the internet sales and use tax in 2013. He also owns Amazon.

Need more then that?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-23 18:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I do, because you are still sitting on one person.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-23 18:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No the first post with Ann was stating that she was the one who did the editorial. Jeff is the one who owns the washington post.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-23 18:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I thought the common consensus is that we are all monkeys.
(Although I disagree with this, humans are not monkeys!)
We are not monkeys. We are great apes.

Arguably the greatest apes.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-23 18:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Are you serious right now? Do you read the papers? Its the washington post and Ann Telnaes is the one that made the comic. Can it get more liberal then her?
Save yourself the aggravation akin to arguing with a brick wall.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-23 18:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this controversy.

Why again was it published? If the editor had a problem with it, then he wouldn't have allowed it to be published. And with the number of articles and publications that the Post goes through, I'm sure that there were multiple people who looked at that cartoon and approved of it.

And since the Post is a liberal rag, it goes to show that those multiple people were liberals and did not once complain about it, or even questioned it.

So, yeah, I'm sure liberals loved that cartoon.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-23 18:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The editor already issued a retraction. No one other than the comic has defended it. So, still sitting on one person.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-23 18:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The editor already issued a retraction. No one other than the comic has defended it. So, still sitting on one person.

Well of course with all the bad pr and complaints revolving around it if I was the owner I wouldn't own up to it either. I'd say it slipped through too. You do not go after peoples kids. Hillary used her daughter in campaign ads and she went untouched. Respect is 2 way.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-23 18:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They issued the retraction after it was published and commented on.

It doesn't matter how many people defend it, what matters is that it was published in the first place.

I'm sure if Wall Street Journal published a cartoon of Obama as a monkey, you would be screaming bloody murder.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-23 18:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Failure to comply with an unlawful order? You are required to comply with a lawful order under penalty of law. If a cop is detaining or arresting you lawfully, yeah, you have to comply or face further charges. If a cop just tells you to do something, like stops you to ask for your ID when you aren't suspected of a crime, you can tell him to get bent, and should. And there is NEVER a situation where it is justifiable to shoot a person for not complying with a lawful order unless they present a clear and eminent danger to the officer or other civilians. NEVER... EVER...

"I told the kid to give me the iced cream, he refused to comply so I shot him"

All manner of terrible things happen when the public fails to critically examine their government and it's officials.

Edit: In a few states, citizens even have the right to resist an unlawful arrest with as much force as necessary to protect themselves. This means if police attempt to arrest you without probable cause or a warrant or enter your home without a search warrant/announcing the warrant/or specifically a break order, you can shoot them dead the same as a burglar. I'm not saying that's what a person should do, but the perception of ultimate police authority is hilarious at best and *** dangerous at worst.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1181 1182 1183 ... 1375 1376 1377