Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1062 1063 1064 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-06 10:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm stretching that Obama was repeatedly called a foreign Kenyan, Muslim, Communist, Fascist spy. Or the birther crisis that turned out to be a circus all around. Nope, no racism there. No subtle questioning of a man's place of origin. No old lady being shut down by McCain. No chants to 'go back to Africa'. No conservatives constantly plucking at the 'hes not one of us' heartstrings in America.

Nope, all liberal manufacturing. Where liberals somehow create reality itself.

I tell you, there's a point where the facts become so distorted that you'll say and do anything to avoid the truth.
So, is it racist to call somebody a monkey in your opinion?

Yeah, just a bit. You know, considering the context of that slur.

But who am I kidding, we're in post-racial America where there is no racism other than that which festers in the liberal heart. Good conservative boys and girls believe all the races are equal in God's eyes. It's why Ben Carson will be the first Republican black president!
In your eyes, am I personally a racist? Based by my viewpoints of Obama's policies, and considering that I never stated any racial statements, am I a racist for completely disagreeing and by extension against Obama?

I'm not sure why you decided to awkwardly insert yourself into a statement about the conservative attacks against Obama on being a Muslim/not American by talking about policy which is by definition different from a racial critique.

But if it soothes you, criticizing Obama does not infact make you a racist. Who knew.

Calling the President a monkey, making statements equating Muslims to terrorists or any of that crazy secret Kenyan nonsense is pretty racist because anyone with a functioning frontal lobe knows just exactly what it is you're tapping when you make those statements.

Context. It's a thing.
I have done none of the things that you defined as being a racist on this website, but yet, I have been called a racist for my viewpoints on Obama.

And people here have equated Bush as being a monkey. And, by your definition, are racists, and yet, they are not called such, mainly because of their political viewpoints (as liberals/democrats).

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of people here, nothing more, nothing less.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-06 10:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling Bush a monkey = people calling Bush stupid. Like a monkey. You know, like when you call the Comcast workers trained chimpanzees.

(Actually, monkeys are pretty smart but insults don't make sense now do they.)

Calling Obama a monkey = well known traditional white pejorative for people of African descent. Which is also another way of calling someone inferior. Dark stuff indeed.

Again, these terms are understood by most people who aren't ingesting the contents of a meth lab. Words have different meanings depending on how they're used. It's the difference between '*** yeah' 'i *** her' and 'im going to skullfuck you.'

See how that works yet?
Case in point, it's only racism if a Republican says it. Your very post just admitted that....
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-06 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

clam down bro. nobody ever called you a racist...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-06 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Case in point, it's only racism if a Republican says it. Your very post just admitted that....
Such selective reading. Very free interpretation.

That's not what he said.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Only racism if a Republican says it? Tell me where exactly I said that.

It's internationally known that calling a black person a monkey is a racial insult. You know, that whole world outside America.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-06 10:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I'm stretching that Obama was repeatedly called a foreign Kenyan, Muslim, Communist, Fascist spy. Or the birther crisis that turned out to be a circus all around. Nope, no racism there. No subtle questioning of a man's place of origin. No old lady being shut down by McCain. No chants to 'go back to Africa'. No conservatives constantly plucking at the 'hes not one of us' heartstrings in America.

Nope, all liberal manufacturing. Where liberals somehow create reality itself.

I tell you, there's a point where the facts become so distorted that you'll say and do anything to avoid the truth.
So, is it racist to call somebody a monkey in your opinion?

Yeah, just a bit. You know, considering the context of that slur.

But who am I kidding, we're in post-racial America where there is no racism other than that which festers in the liberal heart. Good conservative boys and girls believe all the races are equal in God's eyes. It's why Ben Carson will be the first Republican black president!
So when everyone called Bush a monkey, that was racist too? Or is it only racist to call a black guy a monkey?

Hint: That discrimination that's racially based, is actual racism.

Calling Bush a monkey = people calling Bush stupid. Like a monkey. You know, like when you call the Comcast workers trained chimpanzees. You mean to say they're *** idiots.

(Actually, monkeys are pretty smart but insults don't make sense now do they.)

Calling Obama a monkey = well known traditional white pejorative for people of African descent. Which is also another way of calling someone inferior. Dark stuff indeed.

Again, these terms are understood by most people who aren't ingesting the contents of a meth lab. Words have different meanings depending on how they're used. It's the difference between '*** yeah' 'i *** her' and 'im going to skullfuck you.'

You are actively defining a word one way for a white president and defining it a different way for a black one.

That action is entirely racially based, therefore it's racist.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 10:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets look at the term 'yellow fever'. In one context it's a racially loaded term for having a fetish for Asian (women). In the other context it probably means you're gonna die in some third world hovel.

Funny how that works huh. Is that also biased against Republicans for some reason?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-06 10:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Only racism if a Republican says it? Tell me where exactly I said that.

It's internationally known that calling a black person a monkey is a racial insult. You know, that whole world outside America.

Why can't they just mean it like they meant it for President Bush?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 10:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Nausi, i don't make the rules of the world, I just live in em even if i dont like them. You don't get to deny reality because it makes you feel bad.

Calling a black person a monkey is a racially loaded term and anyone with a fully functional brain knows it. Hell it's a well known international understanding so you can't even play the regional card here. Sorry, calling Bush a monkey is just a boring old insult because he's white.

Thems the breaks. Thank the eugenics crowd for that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-06 10:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell it's a well known international understanding so you can't even play the regional card here
I confirm this.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-06 10:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't they just mean it like they meant it for President Bush?

would you drive to the ghetto, get out of your car and yell it at the largest black guy at the corner?

PLEASE

and secondly who exactly called bush a monkey? my memory isn't great but I don't remember hearing that one.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 10:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Bush monkey then google obama monkey.

Checkmate.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-06 10:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
and secondly who exactly called bush a monkey? my memory isn't great but I don't remember hearing that one.

If I remember correctly, there were quite a few caricature political cartoons that portrayed him as such.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-06 10:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Bush monkey

Knowing the internet, that is something that I probably do not want to search for.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 10:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The first result for 'bush monkey' is a link to a company that sells knives. Pretty cool knives too.

The first hit on Obama monkey is from a racist caricature of the Obama family as chimpanzees.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 10:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But racism is dead, it's only liberals that continue to churn it up to get voters and garner sympathy from every ambulance chaser like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-06 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The first result for 'bush monkey' is a link to a company that sells knives.

The first hit on Obama monkey is from a racist caricature of the Obama family as chimpanzees.

That's probably because bush is a noun that has other meanings. Obama is a rare name in the U.S. that most people have only heard in connection with the president.

Edit: Type "George W. Bush Monkey" in the search and then "Barack Obama Monkey" in the search. That is the only way to make this an even remotely fair comparison.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-06 11:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Nausi, i don't make the rules of the world, I just live in em even if i dont like them. You don't get to deny reality because it makes you feel bad.

Calling a black person a monkey is a racially loaded term and anyone with a fully functional brain knows it. Hell it's a well known international understanding so you can't even play the regional card here. Sorry, calling Bush a monkey is just a boring old insult because he's white.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

If you subscribe to "word X HAS TO mean something different to a black person than a white person" than you subscribe to and are therefore endorsing racism.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 11:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There are pictures of Bush shopped over a chimpanzee but again anyone who isn't being intellectual dishonest knows that monkey is a racially charged term for demeaning black folk.

It just so happens that mostly Republicans choose to play dumb about calling someone black a monkey. It's like if I chose to call a buncha white guys klansman and then claim i meant 'clansmen' like a group of nomadic warriors.

Look im being edgy!
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-06 11:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There are pictures of Bush shopped over a chimpanzee but again anyone who isn't being intellectual dishonest knows that monkey is a racially charged term for demeaning black folk.

It just so happens that mostly Republicans choose to play dumb about calling someone black a monkey. It's like if I chose to call a buncha white guys klansman and then claim i meant 'clansmen' like a group of nomadic warriors.

Look im being edgy!

Liberals have lots of code words for black Americans. I guess "monkey" is just another name they use. It is hard to keep track of them all.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-06 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's not some "liberal code" or whatever idiocy you wanna come up with. It's known worldwide, I don't know why you guys need to play dumb on this so much. You can still criticize Obama all you want without denying reality you know?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-06 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a tricky situation with the monkey insult. If someone calls a black person a monkey as a derogatory term, but uses the term in the exact same way as he would a white person, the stigma of monkey in the racist sense does not exist in him. If someone points out that it was once used as a derogatory term for black people specifically and therefore he cannot use it, that perpetuates the stigma and introduces its racist intent to a new generation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 11:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

If you subscribe to "word X HAS TO mean something different to a black person than a white person" than you subscribe to and are therefore endorsing racism.

Yes, im endorsing racism by adhering to understood norms regarding certain words used in a racial context. These are socially understood in America as being a good way to piss people/persons or entire communities off because they rub people the wrong way.

Who knew calling Japanese people Japs might elicit a poor response, especially from the older community.

It doesn't *have* to mean anything but unless you know a person I wouldn't exactly go around throwing racial epithets unless you want to provoke a response.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 11:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's a tricky situation with the monkey insult. If person #1 calls a black person a monkey as a derogatory term, but uses the term in the exact same way as he would a white person, the stigma of monkey in the racist sense does not exist in him. If someone points out that it was once used as a derogatory term for black people specifically and therefore he cannot use it, that perpetuates the stigma and introduces its racist intent to a new generation.

It's not about 'can' or 'cannot' use a term, I don't intend to turn this into a SJW grammar police shitshow so please, spare me. I relish someone calling a black person a monkey and getting punched in the face the same way spitting on military graves will most likely provoke a bad response or calling someones baby ugly will most likely result in you fending off an angry mama bear.

It comes down to what your intent is using loaded words, especially when it's understood that certain words are all around insulting.

Do you go around insulting random people? No? Then why would you choose to call some black person a monkey knowing what that could construed as? All the pro-insult crowd are typically entitled white guys who really have no idea what it means or how it feels to be an outsider because they grew up surrounded by a majority. Not their fault but cmon, own up to it.

Try going to a place where you're the minority and get pelted with demeaning terms then tell me that it's all good because 'we're trying to end racism!' hahaha. Japan is a good example of this.

Gaijin just means 'foreigner' but it's also an insult depending on the context.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-06 11:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, are we having people here justifying calling a white person a monkey where that same person just stated (today, no less), that calling anyone a monkey is a racial slur?

Look, is calling somebody a monkey racism or not? By one liberal/democrat's reasoning, it is, unless you direct it towards a white person (therefor lies his hypocrisy), and others are agreeing with him (again, hypocrisy), where racism knows no race (unless you are a liberal/democrat it seems)....
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-11-06 11:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Except, it's not used in the exact same way.

The same word is used in different derogatory terms. You have to be unbelievably dense to even imagine it another way, and use it as a means to deflect or blame other people for the systematic racism that exists in the republican party

(NOTE: This does not indicate that all conservatives are racist, nor that all republicans are, as many have spoken out against such systematic practices in their own party)

If someone says a white guy is a "freakin' monkey", they are insulting them intellectually. If someone says a black guy is a monkey, they are literally comparing them to looking and acting like one, despite having the evolutionary origins (or biblical origins for the faithful) being the same.

It's not some "liberal code word", since it's been around and used by the die hard republican supporters of the modern era, and is still used as such, even world wide by those who use it in a racist term. I've never seen or heard of liberals (who, by the same admittance of the repubs and conservatives alike, call liberals super PC), use such a term to describe anyone... because guess what, it's not PC.

So there's a glaring flaw in that "republican logic" of yours, that it's nothing but liberal racism, or one of many liberal code words.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-06 11:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what's hard to understand, it specifically racist towards black people. I guess if you live in a bubble you aren't aware of these things, but out here in the real world we all know this.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-06 11:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
No it's not some "liberal code" or whatever idiocy you wanna come up with. It's known worldwide, I don't know why you guys need to play dumb on this so much. You can still criticize Obama all you want without denying reality you know?

This is par for the course whenever racism comes up on this site, the conservatives play the victims and accuse everyone else of calling them racist, which never happens but they pretend anyways. Then nausi/aman take it to the national level and accuse the entire democrat base of being racist. They are both liars, and this topic shouldn't even be allowed because of the levels they sink to. Look at the last two pages, its pathetic.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-06 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the point here is that there shouldn't be a difference, in theory. There are a lot of racist words that apply specifically to certain races. You wouldn't call a white person a Jap because it doesn't make any sense, but obviously calling a Japanese person that would be offensive to some. Calling someone a monkey is generally an insult to intellect, and thus we have the interesting issue where you can practically use it for every race but one. It's still a rude thing to say, but it's in a different category than most other racist terms for that reason.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-06 11:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when anti-intellectualism takes firm root, the very context and definitions of words become pliable and subject to individual interpretation.

Water stops meaning water and actually means liberal conspiracy to prevent people from drinking fluid form H2O.

Cmon guys, really? You played so much FFXI that you don't know that calling a black person a monkey is a pretty nasty insult around the world? I had a JP LS member who asked that a member stop calling him a Jap because jap is an insulting term. The guy who was calling him a jap didn't even really know the term 'jap' referred to WWII. Ah, to be 14 and not know context. It's blissful.

I should have told him stop being so kawaii desu liberal PC crybaby.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1062 1063 1064 ... 1375 1376 1377