Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1058 1059 1060 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-05 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
People pay to see SNL on broadcast television? There is no product being bought. It's not capitalism.

That's the most ignorant thing you've said in a while. Yes, people pay, by buying products from companies that pay to advertise.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Protesters aren't censoring anyone, they're pressuring a company to sell them the product they want to buy. Censorship would require they prevent the show from airing or being seen.

Plain and simple, the people who watch the show aren't happy and they are letting NBC know it. THAT'S capitalism, not censorship, period.

Lol, the stretch for justification here is priceless. Have you even for a second considered the possibility that it might have elements of both?

Oh no, we must remove the bad word and replace it with a more acceptable word so that we don't look bad.

Not even remotely. They aren't trying to silence Trump's or SNL's views, they are protesting a company. They are the market deciding what they want. It's pure capitalism.

If they were trying to keep people from entering a venue where Trump was giving a speech, that would have elements of censorship.

Face it, if it were Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton, you wouldn't even attempt to cry censorship.

Hmmm you're mighty twisted today Jassik, sort of like a pretzel. Might you be heavily salted and come with a side of horseradish mustard?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-05 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So have we concluded that a private group of people isn't capable of censoring -anyone- yet? Its not that hard.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-05 13:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is actually somewhat hilarious now. Keep it up, Jassik. Maybe you can convince the protesters to burn their "Dump Trump" signs in lieu of ones that say "Please offer us higher quality programming, NBC!" It has everything to do with Trump. The protestors have problems with Trump's speech, and they don't want him on the air for that very reason.

Also, if it were Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton, I would call a spade a spade. Heck, I'd actually go out of my way to watch Bernie Sanders on SNL. I didn't like seeing Hillary on there, but I never questioned her right to do it and would roll my eyes at anyone protesting it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-05 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
More of the liberal agenda being played out here. It was fine when Hillary was on there as the liberals cream themselves over here, but holy ***Donald Trump is the devil better save the world from him. I pray to god he wins and cuts off all the liberal handouts to these people.

Which one? and lol...

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yeah if Trump won it'd end up great for America. Just be glad it's not gonna happen.

The fact that there's so many people who would welcome it is very disturbing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-05 13:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think Trump will be on SNL to talk about how illegal Mexicans are killing everybody or that the Chinese are stealing our jerbs, then you haven't seen an episode of SNL. The show is using his media shitstorm as a quick way to make a buck. Of course this is about Trump. Duh. People are protesting NBC using him as a ratings ploy.Trump is free to spread his message of retardery wherever but when he wants to sell himself then he's subject to the ins and outs of capitalism.

This isn't hard unless you suffer from Chronic Conservative Persecution Syndrome (CCPS). (If you suffer from CCPS, please consult a doctor.)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-05 13:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If you think Trump will be on SNL to talk about how illegal Mexicans are killing everybody or that the Chinese are stealing our jerbs, then you haven't seen an episode of SNL. The show is using his media shitstorm as a quick way to make a buck. Of course this is about Trump. Duh. People are protesting NBC using him as a ratings ploy.Trump is free to spread his message of retardery wherever but when he wants to sell himself then he's subject to the ins and outs of capitalism.

This isn't hard unless you suffer from chronic Conservative Persecution Syndrome (CCPS). (If you suffer from CCPS, please consult a doctor.)

That's not why people are filling out petitions bub.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-05 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinton or Sanders didn't go to SNL to be political or sell themselves either.

Trump isn't selling anything at all, so where's the economic event at? I still see you or your defenders haven't pointed that out the event yet. Just flailing harder than an oldschool Nidhogg fight.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-05 14:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd call this ostracism, not censorship.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-05 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dafuq is an "economic event"?

NBC is using Trump (and all the shitiness that entails) to generate ratings. This is why protesters are appealing to the network. It would be like if SNL wanted Kim Davis to host. Cheap trick to turn a back and you piss off viewers.

Similar thing happened when Sharpton hosted. Hell, a few stations even dropped the show violating affiliation contracts. But, yeah, CENSORSHIP!!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-05 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheap Trick

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-05 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
an oldschool Nidhogg fight.

Don't forget to sneak attack + slug shot it from behind for maximum, uh, damage* and...yeah. I got nothin'.

*this happened in a linkshell I was in. I wasn't in that linkshell much longer.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-05 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

NBC is using Trump (and all the shitiness that entails) to generate ratings. This is why protesters are appealing to the network. It would be like if SNL wanted Kim Davis to host. Cheap trick to turn a back and you piss off viewers.

Similar thing happened when Sharpton hosted. Hell, a few stations even dropped the show violating affiliation contracts. But, yeah, CENSORSHIP!!

Ah. So putting the Democrat frontrunner on SNL (note how they did this first) is just business as usual. Putting the Republican frontrunner on SNL is a cheap ratings grab that deserves protest.

#logic
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-11-05 14:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, how many people actually watch SNL anymore? Every year there's fly-by articles with headlines pointing to SNL's dwindling ratings over the years, and this is the warhorse you're mounting?

#TurdFergason
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-05 14:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Realistically, how many people actually watch SNL anymore? Every year there's fly-by articles with headlines pointing to SNL's dwindling ratings over the years, and this is the warhorse you're mounting?

People have been saying that SNL is going to die soon for many years. SNL is the FFXI of television.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-05 14:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah. So putting the Democrat frontrunner on SNL (note how they did this first) is just business as usual. Putting the Republican frontrunner on SNL is a cheap ratings grab that deserves protest.

#logic
Hosting vs an unannounced cameo. Totes the same.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-05 14:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

#logic

I'm sure Hillary could have hosted too if she had half a personality.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-05 14:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't know, then don't throw out economic terms like "free market" and "capitalism."

Why don't you stick to things like giving Al Gore lapdances or whatever you are good at or do for a living?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-05 14:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you made it up. That would have been less to type.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-05 14:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
"Tolerant" left to NBC, 'Censor Trump by keeping him off of SNL.'
Why do you hate the free market?
Yeah, that's me right there, making it up.

How awkward.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-05 14:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

#logic
Come back to reality.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-05 14:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any real responses or has this petered out already?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-05 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Now there's a reward for calling him racist on live TV.

Liberals ever be tolerant and compassionate. Pleebo, did you offer the bounty?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-05 14:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't Trump tweet a swastika yesterday regarding Jeb Bush? Yeah, tolerance and compassion, never seen from a conservative. But nausi just glosses over that fact.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-05 14:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he's just conflating accounting terms with economic ones trying to sound more credible. An economic event would be some kind of wide-reaching event, like large fluxes in stock prices across an industry or notable interruptions of commerce like credit card systems getting hacked on a large scale.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-05 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the entire audience chants racist at Trump, will they all get 5k? Thats what I would do.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-11-05 14:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the advertising for a Labor Day car sale. THE ECONOMIC EVENT OF A LIFETIME. SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-05 15:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he's just conflating accounting terms with economic ones trying to sound more credible. An economic event would be some kind of wide-reaching event, like large fluxes in stock prices across an industry or notable interruptions of commerce like credit card systems getting hacked on a large scale.
You know, there are more things in life than macroeconomics.

I know your high school only covered that, but there is a thing called microeconomics that deal with individual actions made by individuals and businesses. You know, on a small scale.

Economics isn't only for the global scale.

Sounds like the advertising for a Labor Day car sale. THE ECONOMIC EVENT OF A LIFETIME. SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!
Hey, at least you are showing the extent of your economic knowledge is based by car commercials. How honest of you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-11-05 15:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I really don't understand why the showers have to be open. Aren't many teenagers uncomfortable with their bodies to begin with?
I live in the area, so this has been in our papers for awhile. I have yet to see one mention of a student that has an issue with this. It's always about how some parents are the ones worried about it.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-05 15:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

You know, there are more things in life than macroeconomics.

I know your high school only covered that, but there is a thing called microeconomics that deal with individual actions made by individuals and businesses. You know, on a small scale.

Economics isn't only for the global scale.

Hey, at least you are showing the extent of your economic knowledge is based by car commercials. How honest of you.

Yeah, exactly what I said. You conflated an accounting term to sound credible.

In any event, boycotting a SNL isn't large or dynamic enough to be considered economic.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-05 15:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump won't be president so who cares. I get all the entertainment I need already watching Ben Carson weekly and the smug satisfaction that if either of these clowns get to a general they'll be suplexed on election day.

SNL hasn't been relevant in years, as much as I've liked the people on it.
First Page 2 3 ... 1058 1059 1060 ... 1375 1376 1377