Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1035 1036 1037 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-22 23:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I see that Gowdy pretty much fell apart asking questions, and then they started taking cheap shots at her during the last 2 hours, when they were all fatigued, her most of all, pretty poor performance from the GOP.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-23 07:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I also see that Hilary testified for 11 hours and yet no new information was gleaned, no new questions were asked, and we still know everything that happened that night. Now the GOP can release the exact same partisan report that the first committee typed up, and hopefully this can be the end of taxpayer dollars going to waste.

This hearing is great publicity for Hillary. This isn't hurting her electibility whatsoever, which is what Republicans want. The hastag #freehillary became popular during the hearing. People are sympathizing with her for having to endure this bullcrap.

Only people that already like her feel that way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-23 07:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks, I'm not doing your work for you. I know what happened that night.

You said I didn't cite what she lied about. I could copy and paste every statement she, Obama, and Susan Rice gave after the attacks or you can just easily read them right there with data and time.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-23 07:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I see that Gowdy pretty much fell apart asking questions, and then they started taking cheap shots at her during the last 2 hours, when they were all fatigued, her most of all, pretty poor performance from the GOP.

OK, Andrea Mitchell.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-23 07:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I also see that Hilary testified for 11 hours and yet no new information was gleaned, no new questions were asked, and we still know everything that happened that night. Now the GOP can release the exact same partisan report that the first committee typed up, and hopefully this can be the end of taxpayer dollars going to waste.

This hearing is great publicity for Hillary. This isn't hurting her electibility whatsoever, which is what Republicans want. The hastag #freehillary became popular during the hearing. People are sympathizing with her for having to endure this bullcrap.

Only people that already like her feel that way.
I don't like her, and I still come to the same conclusion.

The entire thing is political, and has nothing to do with what actually happened.

As for the "cover up" it's already been covered:

Ah yes, we learned about the video a long time ago. We learned that Susan Rice was thoroughly briefed on the video, and she was explicitly told it was not related to the attack. She went out and made a statement anyway tying the two together, on her own volition. Nothing to do with Clinton or Obama. Thats old news.

Any more debunked talking points?
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 07:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Jassik said: »
Off cycle elections always favor Republicans because they show up, but it also followed the pattern of undecided swing and had a large disparity in incumbent affiliation. Analysts were predicting the shift in 2010.

That's just outright logical.

it's sore loser excuse making cry baby ***.

just start stocking up on chap-stick and prepare to welcome Emperor Trump!

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Enuyasha 2015-10-23 08:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
We always hear about the "cover up" in regards to Benghazi, but why the same group always clam up when people ask why there wasn't adequate security there in the first place?
The same reason all of our embassies that get attacked have the same problem. Funding for embassy security is lower than what it should be when the country decides to plant one in a hot zone.

Also: Horrible planning that is suspiciously intentionally planned as a magnet for political posturing. Which makes Benghazi not so much a scandal, because it happens every day and no one else is calling those "Murder" because they dont happen on 9/11 just before a debate.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 08:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The most annoying thing is that *** seem to forget that the exact same *** went on for the eight years bush was in office.

Fifteen years of partisan bitching, finger pointing, name calling, lame excuses and stupid slogans.

someone lied people died
it's old news
all politicians lie
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-23 08:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
excuse making

Na, it's factual. But if you want to continue taking it out of context, then by all means go for it.

Trump's act has already gotten old, he started off too strong and too soon.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 08:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

it's the truth it's factual everything is satisfactual..

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-23 09:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The most annoying thing is that *** seem to forget that the exact same *** went on for the eight years bush was in office.

Fifteen years of partisan bitching, finger pointing, name calling, lame excuses and stupid slogans.

someone lied people died
it's old news
all politicians lie
We don't talk about The Deciderâ„¢.

Maybe one day when Hill-dawg and her first lady, Bill, have come and gone we won't talk about Benghazi anymore.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-23 09:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Please stop pretending to care about tax dollars being spent.

This should be the banner for the next GOP debate.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 09:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

we're not using the Mexicans Go Home! one?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-23 09:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

we're not using the Mexicans Go Home! one?
I was hoping for a Shut up you mouse, Obama! banner, tbh.

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 09:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-23 09:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the whole Benghazi thing overblown at this point? Probably. The grandstanding and political theater doesn't seem to be doing much good. Hillary lied about the video. She told the Egyptian Prime Minister the day after the attack, "We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack—not a protest." And yet she continued to spin it to the American people as if it had something to do with the video. Does that require a Congressional hearing to prove? No.

But really, her trustworthiness is the crux of the whole argument and the frustration that Republicans are having. Hillary Clinton has an ever deepening history of lying for political expediency and getting away with and/or being rewarded for it. The anger that stems from that makes sense. The overextended retaliation is the part that's questionable.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-23 09:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

She learned from the best:

Beloved by the left and right. Lied directly to the American people. Politics!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 09:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav, It's dirt simple.

We have been looking to even the score ever since nixon.

the end
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-23 09:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Yup, Bill Clinton was indeed the master of that. Heck, even in my own sphere I've seen a couple examples of people that have screwed up majorly, tried to hide it, and ended up getting caught anyway. In each case they reformed (or pretended to reform) and ended up getting promoted above peers that had been doing their job well the entire time. It's like a Prodigal Son story taken to extremes.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-23 09:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And yet she continued to spin it to the American people as if it had something to do with the video.

Do you by chance have quotes?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-23 09:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, Bill Clinton was indeed the master of that. Heck, even in my own sphere I've seen a couple examples of people that have screwed up majorly, tried to hide it, and ended up getting caught anyway. In each case they reformed (or pretended to reform) and ended up getting promoted above peers that had been doing their job well the entire time. It's like a Prodigal Son story taken to extremes.

You can learn alot about a person based on how they handle crises.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-23 09:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Such as?

(sincere curiousity)

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-23 09:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also learn a lot from people who do their job correctly and don't have crises in the first place. I'm not saying the redeemed shouldn't be forgiven, I'm saying it doesn't make any sense for them to be placed ahead of their peers. In Hillary's case, she's shown that she's still willing to lie whenever it benefits her, so there's hardly any redemption to speak of.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-23 10:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also learn a lot from people who do their job correctly and don't have crises in the first place. I'm not saying the redeemed shouldn't be forgiven, I'm saying it doesn't make any sense for them to be placed ahead of their peers. In Hillary's case, she's shown that she's still willing to lie whenever it benefits her, so there's hardly any redemption to speak of.

If that was even remotely unique to her, I'd say you have a point. There's only a handful of politicians I know of who would sooner face backlash for telling the truth than lie out of convenience and most of them have lost their jobs for it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-23 10:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What did we really learn yesterday? Libs simply don't care if Hilary lies or breaks the law. They'll vote for her anyways.

Her performance was terrible, she was evasive, obstinate, and uncaring. If she's president, she'll most certainly handle any crisis in the same manner.

It was fun to see her get eviscerated though. Gowdy did an excellent job.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-23 10:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
What did we really learn yesterday?

Us? nothing....

no offense to us but we're so stubborn we're.....

well were all still posting here for starters...
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-23 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When asked if anything new was learned:
"Uh," Gowdy said, pausing for several seconds.

"I think some of Jimmy Jordan's questioning -- well, when you say new today, we knew some of that already. We knew about the emails," he said. "In terms of her testimony? I don't know that she testified that much differently today than she has the previous time she testified."

-Trey Gowdy
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-23 10:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If that was even remotely unique to her, I'd say you have a point. There's only a handful of politicians I know of who would sooner face backlash for telling the truth than lie out of convenience and most of them have lost their jobs for it.

Fair enough, but there are varying degrees of honesty, and even if all politicians lie not all of them make an obvious habit of it. I've said this in the past, but just because politicians are known for lying doesn't mean we should let them get away with it. We call out the opposing side but rarely hold our own people responsible, and that just perpetuates the cycle.

If my constituents don't care, why stop? I just need to rally my troops, insult the competition, convince some independent voters, and boom. My reign of corruption continues and there's no incentive to ever change.
First Page 2 3 ... 1035 1036 1037 ... 1375 1376 1377