Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1034 1035 1036 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-10-22 15:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Jetackuu said: »
They weren't blind. They were watching the assault live.
lolk

Why is this news to you? If you don't know this then maybe you should learn a little bit about what happened instead of "blindly" trolling.

Yeah, it's not accurate.

Also, again: I don't troll.

Will you at least admit that Hillary lied after the attack?

About what?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 15:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Witch hunt over yet? I mean Hilary may be old but it doesn't mean she's a witch. Jerks.

I like to imagine Obama grinning "just as planned" to the guys in the Benghazi compound before everyone died.

This would have been over two years ago if they just told the truth. Obviously, people that like him like him no matter what. He still would have been reelected.

But please don't sit there and tell me that they told the truth after the attack.

Read the emails. They are short. Refresh your memory. Read her quotes about the attack. They are short.

I don't think you will even debate that she lied.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-22 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, after years of inquiry and public statements, they've found no proof of anything. They've verified multiple levels of incompetence and miscommunication, but even the committee members have admitted that there is nothing there. The official reports were corroborated many times over. People died, it sucks, politicians did some polticing, that sucks too.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-22 15:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 15:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
The thing is, after years of inquiry and public statements, they've found no proof of anything. They've verified multiple levels of incompetence and miscommunication, but even the committee members have admitted that there is nothing there. The official reports were corroborated many times over. People died, it sucks, politicians did some polticing, that sucks too.

They found proof of the lies and coverup the week after. There's that. It goes to the crux of the matter.

I won't even go into Monday morning quarterbacking the entire actual event. By most accounts they have taken measures to better protect our people overseas since.

It was the blatant lies they told and the complete distrust they had for the American people afterwards. It was more than some politicking.

The stupid thing is they completely misread the American people. Events like this tend to unite us. Continuing this lie for so many years just makes them look like really bad people to me and the people that knowingly go along with the lie destroy their own credibility. It's just weird. 100% of people know she lied yet her supporters continue the lie knowing everyone knows it's a lie. It makes no sense.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-22 15:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

About what?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 15:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

About what?

They lied about what the attack was.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-22 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

About what?

Who?

When?

Just an fyi, these questions are rhetorical as I already know the answers. You're not correct.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-22 15:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

About what?

Wouldn't that be irrelevant? It was a tragedy regardless of what it was called.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 15:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
About what?

No it is very relevant for reasons already discussed. It was a blatant attempt at a coverup two months before the election because an attack by a radical Islam terrorist organization flies in the face of the then current state of America that he was running on. And you just don't think it's really bad in general regardless of timing that the White House completely lies about an event so large and tragic? Blaming a youtube video made by an American shifts blame from a terrorist organization and attempts to put it on the intolerance of Americans.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 15:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

About what?

Who?

When?

Just an fyi, these questions are rhetorical as I already know the answers. You're not correct.

Read the emails. They are short. Refresh your memory. Read her quotes about the attack. They are short.

I don't think you will even debate that she lied.

You are not correct.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-22 16:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that she used the time to plug her book lol
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-22 16:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

About what?

No it is very relevant for reasons already discussed. It was a blatant attempt at a coverup two months before the election because an attack by a radical Islam terrorist organization flies in the face of the then current state of America that he was running on. And you just don't think it's really bad in general regardless of timing that the White House completely lies about an event so large and tragic? Blaming a youtube video made by an American shifts blame from a terrorist organization and attempts to put it on the intolerance of Americans.
I don't really care, it's over, it's in the past, and hopefully it's learned from. Not everything gets a vocal apology if it is even acknowledged as wrong. Expecting that is kinda naive. This is all assuming that things are as you say.

I kinda lost my train of thought here but my point, simply put, is to not expect an apology or even acknowledgement of fault. This tragedy is like a wound that is being kept open for the sake of figuring out what caused the wound in the first place rather than letting it heal. Most sane people are tired of hearing about it and the repetition of Benghazi coverage has turned a great tragedy into a memetic beating of a dead horse by U.S. news outlets and politicians who would rather anger their nation via rubbing salt in it's wounds than lead it.

That's my take on it; the 2012 Benghazi attack was a great tragedy, the Benghazi scandal is is the reason we will never heal. It isn't about who's right or wrong or who caused it, it's about moving forward and learning from it.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-22 17:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You are not correct.

Yet I am, I've read the same material, it doesn't say what you think it says.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-22 17:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't about who's right or wrong or who caused it, it's about moving forward and learning from it.

well unfortunately that would make sense, & there's no room for that in politics.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-22 17:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They found proof of the lies and coverup the week after. There's that. It goes to the crux of the matter.

I won't even go into Monday morning quarterbacking the entire actual event. By most accounts they have taken measures to better protect our people overseas since.

It was the blatant lies they told and the complete distrust they had for the American people afterwards. It was more than some politicking.

The stupid thing is they completely misread the American people. Events like this tend to unite us. Continuing this lie for so many years just makes them look like really bad people to me and the people that knowingly go along with the lie destroy their own credibility. It's just weird. 100% of people know she lied yet her supporters continue the lie knowing everyone knows it's a lie. It makes no sense.

I still don't know what you're talking about. The very first official press conference called it a terrorist attack. Details were withheld, which is very common when it comes to national security, and that pisses you off because it fits your agenda.

Continuing to scream about it isn't doing the victims or their families any good, either, and it sure doesn't seem to be hurting Hillary's polls. So, best to find a topic that's actually relevant, since this course hasn't been very productive for the GOP so far.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-22 18:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Continuing to scream about it doesn't seem to be hurting Hillary's polls. So, best to find a topic that's actually relevant, since this course hasn't been very productive for the GOP so far.

the 2014 congressional elections disagree with you
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-22 20:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Continuing to scream about it doesn't seem to be hurting Hillary's polls. So, best to find a topic that's actually relevant, since this course hasn't been very productive for the GOP so far.

the 2014 congressional elections disagree with you

Off cycle elections always favor Republicans because they show up, but it also followed the pattern of undecided swing and had a large disparity in incumbent affiliation. Analysts were predicting the shift in 2010.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-22 20:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Off cycle elections always favor Republicans because they show up, but it also followed the pattern of undecided swing and had a large disparity in incumbent affiliation. Analysts were predicting the shift in 2010.

That's just outright logical.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-22 20:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When it swings back the other way it'll be because someone promised lazy people free stuff or something.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-10-22 21:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We always hear about the "cover up" in regards to Benghazi, but why the same group always clam up when people ask why there wasn't adequate security there in the first place?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-22 21:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, in the end, Aman couldn't actually offer a suggestion over what should have been done differently. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-22 21:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I also see that Hilary testified for 11 hours and yet no new information was gleaned, no new questions were asked, and we still know everything that happened that night. Now the GOP can release the exact same partisan report that the first committee typed up, and hopefully this can be the end of taxpayer dollars going to waste.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 22:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ah, in the end, Aman couldn't actually offer a suggestion over what should have been done differently. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

In the end Aman went to work.

Let's try this. What they could have done differently was tell the truth after the attack and not blame a youtube video. There's that. My beef has always been with the lies and coverup.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 22:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I also see that Hilary testified for 11 hours and yet no new information was gleaned, no new questions were asked, and we still know everything that happened that night. Now the GOP can release the exact same partisan report that the first committee typed up, and hopefully this can be the end of taxpayer dollars going to waste.

Still 22 more witnesses and a ton of documents the state department has yet to hand over. So 'taint over yet.

She slso testified under oath today about specific emails which the FBI investors may find useful.

Please stop pretending to care about tax dollars being spent.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-22 22:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to work as well. I suggest you get over your "beef" because nothing is going to change it and its 3 years obsolete. You haven't actually cited what Hilary lied about, probably because you don't even know what she said, or if she said anything.

Its over, nobody cares what those other witnesses have to say, nobody even knows who they are. They don't know anything that hasn't already been discovered. Just type up the report, blame Hilary, and go home.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 22:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Have at it Vic, at your own convenience of course
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-22 22:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-22 22:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks, I'm not doing your work for you. I know what happened that night.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-22 23:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This hearing is great publicity for Hillary. This isn't hurting her electibility whatsoever, which is what Republicans want. The hastag #freehillary became popular during the hearing. People are sympathizing with her for having to endure this bullcrap.
First Page 2 3 ... 1034 1035 1036 ... 1375 1376 1377