Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1025 1026 1027 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-15 15:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we certainly aren't ever going to buy into nausi's conspiracy theories.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-15 15:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In Italy it's been proposed a law that would make vaccinations obligatory to attend school.

This is cause there was recently a study that showed a drastic drop in vaccinations among the population because of the internet scare. This is why people like Lordgrim make us so mad, they spread false rumours that cause however real and serious damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-15 16:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
In Italy it's been proposed a law that would make vaccinations obligatory to attend school.

This is cause there was recently a study that showed a drastic drop in vaccinations among the population because of the internet scare. This is why people like Lordgrim make us so mad, they spread false rumours that cause however real and serious damage.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind as much if anti-vaccination arguments were all just rational arguments directed at very specific vaccines. For example, with all the strains and mutations of flu that can occur in a short time versus the time it takes to produce vaccines, there is some concern that they aren't very useful by the time a person receives them.

The problem is obviously when it is it taken to an extreme, because the all-or-nothing approach to issues is just easier. Suddenly you get people that believe that because one person had a vaccine that preceded some major medical problem (like autism), ALL vaccines are directly to blame and are therefore evil. Cue the obligatory government conspiracy and invented agendas, and while we're at it let's conveniently forget all of the instances where vaccines have unequivocally saved millions of lives.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-10-15 17:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Why do you care what they look like? I know this round Trump is involved, but yet this is not Miss America.

Because she isn't ugly. She is attractive for her age and her wardrobe, makeup, and hair make her look so much older. The person doing her hair/makeup makes her look like a blonde dragula with cakey makeup.

Part of the reason she struggles with 20-30 woman is how she presents herself. Her style makes her look like an 80's business woman who still uses a typewriter and Aqua-Net.

Today's working woman goes to extreme lengths to do their hair/makeup and she needs to embrace that, as sexist as that sounds. She needs a GOOD primer(will help with her wrinkles) and contouring+foundation. She has this very matte look which makes her look ghostly.

She could totally pull off Meryl StreeP from the Devil Wears Prada.

As for the bolded, source, please? Granted, the most recent Gallup Poll I've found might is a few months outdated, but how did you come to the conclusion she's struggling over superficialities like fashion? For the record, I probably won't be voting for Clinton, but the extent to which the far-right is reaching to discredit her is becoming laughable.

Where are you getting this from and why are you relaying this disingenuous outlook on someone from outside of the US? You might be unintentionally insinuating something really insulting toward American women here.

If people are going to rag on Vic, pony-up, please.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-15 17:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Before we continue I'd just like to point out that, although he is criticizing her looks, Bacon is an avid Clinton supporter. You know, just in case you hadn't caught on to that yet. It's a different circumstance than someone from the Right just doing it to discredit her.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-10-15 17:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Then, my apologies if that's the case. Lately, P&R has been a lack-luster read with imprinted intent by other posters and congratulatory, back-patting over unsubstantiated pot-shots that reinforce the "team" mentality a few have mentioned many times here.

The commentary over the Democratic CNN debate makes me wonder if anyone put their preconceived notions of the opposing side aside at all while watching. A cleansed approach to viewing the 'Pub debate should be adopted also.

This thread doesn't have to be a Bautista "*** you!" bat-flip, you know. I thought you were even on board with these pervasive attitudes in early-Winter/Spring, Rav.

EDIT: Yeah, admittedly a little pissed about the Rangers and Astros being out, which I squarely place blame on bad Cowboy and Greg Abbott joo-joo. JINXES!!!

/sour
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-15 17:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
As for the bolded, source, please? Granted, the most recent Gallup Poll I've found might is a few months outdated, but how did you come to the conclusion she's struggling over superficialities like fashion? For the record, I probably won't be voting for Clinton, but the extent to which the far-right is reaching to discredit her is becoming laughable.

Where are you getting this from and why are you relaying this disingenuous outlook on someone from outside of the US? You might be unintentionally insinuating something really insulting toward American women here.

If people are going to rag on Vic, pony-up, please.

Even back with the Obama primaries she didn't do that well with younger voters. She did well with older woman.

Bernie Sanders Surpasses Hillary Clinton In New Hampshire Poll

Quote:
Sanders has a slight lead with voters across the ideological spectrum as well as among men and women. However, there is an age divide. Clinton wields greater support with those older than 65 years old, while Sanders captures a greater share of younger voters.

Back to her style. She was a lot more stylish(e.g. here hair was more on par to current style trends) when she was First Lady, and that isn't saying much. Just because I'm saying she could put more effort into her hair, fashion, makeup. Heck even Hillary clinton talked about her style to woman recently. Hillary Clinton Admits Her Morning Beauty Routine Is a 'Daily Challenge'

Quote:
"Amen, sister – you're preaching to the choir," Clinton responded. "It's a daily challenge. I do the best I can – and as you may have noticed, some days are better than others!"

I'm sorry I don't see the daily challenge. We all know she doesn't do her own hair and makeup, especially for events. I don't see no "daily challenge" as she calls it. I see her(or rather the political stylist she's paying) give her a pant-suit, insert shoulder pads, apply way TOO much foundation, apply lipstick, some mouse and blow-dry her hair back.

Compared to current fashion, hair, and cosmetic trends she's passé(I'm saying this in my Anna Wintour voice).

I see no reason why Hillary with the aid of stylists who are advising her, can't get something a bit more modern out of a closet. Same with her hair and makeup. Sarah Palin did it, why can't Hillary?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-15 17:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly Sanders appeals to younger voters cause he's fabulous!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-15 18:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't expecting this at all. I was expecting Elizabeth Warren, but this is great news for her campaign imo.

Hillary Clinton Opens Door for Julian Castro VP Pick

Quote:
Hillary Clinton opened the door today for Julian Castro to be a possible pick for vice president if she wins the Democratic nomination, saying she is "going to really look hard at him for anything, because that's how good he is."

During a Q&A in San Antonio, Texas, with the president of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Javier Palomarez, Clinton was asked her thoughts on the young, Hispanic U.S. Housing and Urban Development secretary as her possible running mate.

"I think really highly of him, and I am thrilled to have his endorsement today. Both he and his twin brother are just among the best young leaders in America, regardless of category or the fact that they come from San Antonio,” Clinton said, referring to Castro, 41, and his brother, Rep. Joaquín Castro. "I am going to really look hard at him for anything because that’s how good he is, and he deserves the accolades he’s receiving.”

Clinton and Julian Castro, 41, are hosting a "Latinos for Hillary" rally together in San Antonio later today. Castro endorsed Clinton for president last week.

Despite their public friendship, Castro himself continues to play coy when asked about his VP prospects.

"Oh, I doubt that's going to happen," he said in an interview on MSNBC earlier today, reiterating his go-to line on the topic.

He told ABC News point blank last year: "I don't believe that I am going to be vice president."
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-15 18:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly Sanders appeals to younger voters cause he's fabulous!

He appeals to younger voters because they are by and large more progressive than their parents. Never underestimate them either, when they vote, they swing the spectrum way left.

They just need a reason to show up. Obama gave them a reason, looks like Sanders is too.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-15 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still debating on if I'm going to go or not, probably more so for any local things that are being put up to vote and local elections than the Presidential one. I'd be behind Sanders if it weren't for his apparent enthusiasm for being against guns.

I mean it's not like my vote on that matters as far as the district I'm in anyway, as it's basically blood red.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-15 18:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The red and blue thing in America is so damn confusing. Red is colour of left parties everywhere in the world so it's super confusing that reps are red and dems are blue @@
By Jetackuu 2015-10-15 18:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The red and blue thing in America is so damn confusing. Red is colour of left parties everywhere in the world so it's super confusing that reps are red and dems are blue @@

Well our "Democrats" for the most part are slightly right/center (were closer to the Republicans of 30 years ago), and the "right" has dove off the righthand side almost entirely.

But don't tell certain people that.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-15 18:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say the democrats as a whole are center or center right, they're just much less vocal and apparently petrified of having an opinion.

Mostly because their constituency is too busy looking for the freshest organic kale and listening to electronic dance music to bother to vote.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-15 18:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
This thread doesn't have to be a Bautista "*** you!" bat-flip, you know. I thought you were even on board with these pervasive attitudes in early-Winter/Spring, Rav.

Oh yeah? Try telling that to my face!

But seriously, the way I post in these forums has varied quite a bit from time to time. There are a lot of factors that go into that, but I'm not going to pretend that I've never been hostile or that I've always been reasonable.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-15 20:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*global warming*
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-15 20:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I wasn't expecting this at all. I was expecting Elizabeth Warren, but this is great news for her campaign imo.

Hillary Clinton Opens Door for Julian Castro VP Pick

Quote:
Hillary Clinton opened the door today for Julian Castro to be a possible pick for vice president if she wins the Democratic nomination, saying she is "going to really look hard at him for anything, because that's how good he is."

During a Q&A in San Antonio, Texas, with the president of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Javier Palomarez, Clinton was asked her thoughts on the young, Hispanic U.S. Housing and Urban Development secretary as her possible running mate.

"I think really highly of him, and I am thrilled to have his endorsement today. Both he and his twin brother are just among the best young leaders in America, regardless of category or the fact that they come from San Antonio,” Clinton said, referring to Castro, 41, and his brother, Rep. Joaquín Castro. "I am going to really look hard at him for anything because that’s how good he is, and he deserves the accolades he’s receiving.”

Clinton and Julian Castro, 41, are hosting a "Latinos for Hillary" rally together in San Antonio later today. Castro endorsed Clinton for president last week.

Despite their public friendship, Castro himself continues to play coy when asked about his VP prospects.

"Oh, I doubt that's going to happen," he said in an interview on MSNBC earlier today, reiterating his go-to line on the topic.

He told ABC News point blank last year: "I don't believe that I am going to be vice president."

But she will wait to see if Marco Rubio wins the nomination first to see if she needs to pander to Latinos. Until then she will just take them for granted like rest of the white people that control the Democrat party.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-15 20:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubio has done nothing for Latinos, there is no reason to worry about him.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-15 20:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Uh, excuse me, he did some campaign ads in Spanish.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-15 20:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you do something for Latinos?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-15 21:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

National Taco Tuesday
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-15 21:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

How do you do something for Latinos?
Make Cinco De Mayo a holiday for everyone but government employees.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-15 22:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
National Taco Tuesday

Now that's a campaign promise that would get me to the polls on election day.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-15 22:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Small money beats big money. Who would have thunk it.

In campaign money race, Democrats vastly outpacing Republicans
WA Post

Quote:
In campaign money race, Democrats vastly outpacing Republican
The Democratic presidential contenders dramatically outpaced their Republican counterparts in the race for campaign cash last quarter, spotlighting how the parties are taking divergent paths in their pursuit of 2016 funding.

The emphasis by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders on raising money directly for their campaigns has helped them amass large donor pools critical to generating the estimated $1 billion each party’s candidate will need to raise by Election Day.

While GOP candidates put an intense focus early in the year on raising huge sums for independent groups, many have had less success in attracting smaller donations that are the lifeblood of campaign operations, campaign finance reports filed Thursday show.

The risk of the big-money approach was underscored by the modest $13.4 million raised over the summer by former Florida governor Jeb Bush, who earlier this year was expected to be a financial powerhouse. Just $877,000 came from donations of $200 or less.

After helping scoop up more than $100 million for his allied super PAC before declaring his bid, Bush is now struggling to explain to backers why he is not getting more traction among the party’s rank-and-file.

Two GOP contenders — former Texas governor Rick Perry and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker — have already dropped out of the race after running low on cash.

“You could have this big super PAC, but if you have limited momentum and limited money to keep the campaign going, it’s like the guy at the top of Mount Everest with two broken legs and an extra oxygen tank,” said Republican strategist Matthew Dowd. “You’re living longer, but you’re not going anywhere.”

One of the challenges for Bush and other GOP hopefuls has been the dominance of real-estate impresario Donald Trump, who has siphoned off much of the enthusiasm in the base. The businessman raised $3.8 million, even though he has pledged to self-fund his campaign and is not soliciting contributions.

“Donald Trump has basically stultified the fundraising for these candidates,” said Anthony Scaramucci, who had been Walker’s national finance co-chair and is now backing Bush. “He’s the Trump speed bump. His ratcheting up in the polls has made it very difficult for more establishment Republicans to get traction with donors.”

In all, five Democratic candidates have so far reported raising $120 million for their campaign committees this year, while 15 GOP candidates pulled in $141 million overall.

The Democratic presidential contenders dramatically outpaced their Republican counterparts in the race for campaign cash last quarter, spotlighting how the parties are taking divergent paths in their pursuit of 2016 funding.

The emphasis by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders on raising money directly for their campaigns has helped them amass large donor pools critical to generating the estimated $1 billion each party’s candidate will need to raise by Election Day.

Clinton and Sanders together had $60.3 million on hand at the end of September. Meanwhile, 12 Republicans who had filed their reports by press time Thursday night together reported having $50.6 million in the bank.

While GOP candidates put an intense focus early in the year on raising huge sums for independent groups, many have had less success in attracting smaller donations that are the lifeblood of campaign operations, campaign finance reports filed Thursday show.

The risk of the big-money approach was underscored by the modest $13.4 million raised over the summer by former Florida governor Jeb Bush, who earlier this year was expected to be a financial powerhouse. Just $877,000 came from donations of $200 or less.

After helping scoop up more than $100 million for his allied super PAC before declaring his bid, Bush is now struggling to explain to backers why he is not getting more traction among the party’s rank-and-file
Could it be because Bush is a wanker?

Could it be because his tax plan rewards the campaign contributing class and himself?

Or could it be because the outsiders resonates with the base more than the insiders do?

Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-15 22:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That was an unnecessarily large quote. Trim that up a tad, por favor.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-15 22:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Triming as we speak.

Trimed but it is still to long.

Then again its WA Post and behind a paywall. I try to post stuff behind paywalls completely. Because paywalls.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-15 22:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Triming as we speak.

Trimed but it is still to long.

Then again its WA Post and behind a paywall. I try to post stuff behind paywalls completely. Because paywalls.

That's appreciated, because screw paywalls. Anywho, a large chunk of the quote is doubled.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-15 23:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

But she will wait to see if Marco Rubio wins the nomination first to see if she needs to pander to Latinos. Until then she will just take them for granted like rest of the white people that control the Democrat party.

Pretty much. He's a good political tactic against Sanders and Rubio. Sanders won't be getting any Latino voters now especially from the SW of the United States. Plus he could potentially help her with more conservative Latinos in Florida and Texas.

Doesn't matter he's Latino. It's no different than former mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. He speaks Spanish and he can relate in ways his Caucasian opponents can't to minority voters.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-10-16 06:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Honestly I wouldn't even mind as much if anti-vaccination arguments were all just rational arguments directed at very specific vaccines. For example, with all the strains and mutations of flu that can occur in a short time versus the time it takes to produce vaccines, there is some concern that they aren't very useful by the time a person receives them.

The problem is obviously when it is it taken to an extreme, because the all-or-nothing approach to issues is just easier. Suddenly you get people that believe that because one person had a vaccine that preceded some major medical problem (like autism), ALL vaccines are directly to blame and are therefore evil. Cue the obligatory government conspiracy and invented agendas, and while we're at it let's conveniently forget all of the instances where vaccines have unequivocally saved millions of lives.

Not an antivaxer in the least, but I think everyone has the right to decide what goes into their own body, governments simply aren't capable of making the best decision for everyone on that level.
First Page 2 3 ... 1025 1026 1027 ... 1375 1376 1377