Is Hillary Clinton A 'Weak' Woman?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Is Hillary Clinton A 'Weak' Woman?
Is Hillary Clinton A 'Weak' Woman?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 15:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

2012, the case is wide open.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-06-05 15:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, are you saying that any pre-Obama president never got their projects/policies done because of rampart bipartianship in the nation? Nobody in the history of Presidents was able to unify Congress enough to get one major thing done?
The last time Washington was as politically divided and antagonistic as it is now was somewhere in the middle of the 1800s. I doubt very many people have studied the terms of the lesser known Presidents who had to endure bitter partisanship stymying any progress.

Maybe we got lucky that the 20th century was a time of such success. Looking at almost every other parliamentary government on the planet, mindless partisanship seems to be standard operating procedure, though generally mitigated by a constant flow of new parties into the system. Our dual-party system has hamstrung us in ways that no one wants to acknowledge.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-05 15:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can stay married after your spouse gets national media attention for being blown, you are a stronger person than I.

probably, I guess.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-05 15:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the 9-9-9 tax plan didn't derail Cain's platform at all. Nor his inability to point out Libya on a map. I hope he runs again.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 15:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the president (Or future president, sorry Rand Paul) supposed to be weak by design?
Actually, the ideal president (in my mind) is one who unites (most of) the nation to his/her ideals. Those ideals are the ones that get him elected, but it is how the person projects himself and creates harmony, even towards and with his opponents, that counts (in my book).

Bush Jr. did it. (Iraq/Afganistan wars did it for him)

Clinton did it. (Medicare/Welfare reforms did it for him)

Bush Sr. did it. (NAFTA and taking over Reagan's popularity did it for him)

Reagan did it. (Carter's failure did it for him from day one, plus it helped that he was a very likable character)

Obama lost it from day one. Carter lost it a lot later than Obama did, but xstill he lost it early in his career.

I don't give a rat's *** what color or sex a person is, it is how they project themselves to me and the rest of the world that truly matters, and how well they lead and unify people.
Keep in mind that Obama did manage to get elected twice, even using unpopular topics and platforms, which shows, regardless of individual opinion, that there was enough unification to do so, and that even admittedly, under those same topics, Democrats and Republicans aren't nearly as divided as they appear, since there has been compromise and middle ground.
Except that people who admit that they voted for Obama (not many people do that, they are too ashamed to do so) admitted that they voted "for the lesser of two evils."

Heck, Pleebo even went and said that Obama only won because the Republican's gave a weaker candidate.

The last two elections was not "may the best man win" but "may the worst man lose." Not really showing much unity or leadership ability there.
And none of the republicans will admit they voted for the weaker of the two candidates. Hell, most of them can't even contend any kind of platform he had, and voted strictly for Romney because he was a republican nominee.

McCain had a chance... if only he hadn't picked Sarah Palin. Probably could have done a better job with Ted Nugent.

Democrats picked holes in Obama's initial platform speeches for presidency, but like the Republicans, there are blind followers, who want to believe simply because "Democrat" means everything that isn't "Republican" to them.
Like I said before, the last 2 presidential elections wasn't about voting for the "best man" but voting against the "worst man."

I didn't agree with McCain, I think he is a loon, but he is always better than Obama.

I didn't agree with Romney, I think he is too much of a businessman, and not enough leader, but he is always better than Obama.

If the 2012 Republican nominations happened all over again, I would have put my money on Herman Cain over everyone (including my own Governor, Rick Perry). Liberals saw a real threat in him and politically assassinated him really early in the game before he gained any real traction. Every single one of those sexual harassment accusations were false, and a few admitted that they were paid by the DNC to say the things they did, but they were reported after the presidential election.
Being a loon, would have made him unfit for office, which it ultimately ended up as, for having Sarah Palin, another loon, as his VP nominee. Obama was the better candidate by far in terms of qualifications (on paper), regardless of how things panned out after the inauguration.

Romney was so far out of touch with reality, that he didn't even have *ANY* plans drawn up or a platform policy to run on, which you would think, as a businessman, and having been the Governor of Massachusetts, would have given him the edge. "I have binders full of women" was literally the best he could do, which made him immensely worse than Obama.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 15:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
If you can stay married after your spouse gets national media attention for being blown, you are a stronger person than I.

probably, I guess.
Funny how Hillary has 'stayed' with bill yet Tipper said goodbye to good old Al.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 15:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part, at least politically, history seems to be irrelevant if it's easily forgotten, re-written, or otherwise ignored.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-05 15:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Hermain Cain would have won if wasn't for those pesky liberals running a character assassination plot when the modus operandi for EVERY presidential election is to at least once try to assassinate the candidates character.

Remember when McCain bitchslapped that lady for trying to make Obama seem like he wasn't American?
Or the time Obama tossed Rev. Wright under the bus?
Or Romney's 47%?
Or Clinton having to wade through sexual harassment charges?
Or Hillary having to deal with 'sniper fire'?

Nope, nothing about that laughable 999 tax plan or the giant *** on Libya caused Herman Cain to lose. If your campaign staff can't even stamp out some sexual harassment fires, they're clearly amateurs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-05 15:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, the candidate I think that could have beat Obama in '12 was Jon Huntsman. The guy is smart, conservative, concerned with lowering taxes, had a bipartisan message, tech-savvy and could have run on a message of working with Dems while pointing out Obamas failures to do anything substantive first term presenting himself as the alternative. Hes like Romney, if Romney had a soul inside that cold exoskeleton he calls a mobile platform. Huntsman was moderate enough to catch the middle while being rooted in values that Conservatives lap up but because he worked for Obama, fucccck that.

Did I mention the dude is smart?

Instead we got Rick Perry, Hermain Cain, Newt Gingrich and a whole lotta Santorum all over the carpets. When the average American is calling you an idiot, you know you dun ***the bed.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-05 15:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing my name in threads I haven't posted in makes me paranoid >.>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-05 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When people push boundaries too far, it’s not because they are strong but because they are weak.

5 pages and no one has pointed out the irony of Putin's phrasing here.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-05 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Quote:
When people push boundaries too far, it’s not because they are strong but because they are weak.

5 pages and no one has pointed out the irony of Putin's phrasing here.

Z did, you missed it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 16:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You're mixing up what he said in context. There is no irony there.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Irony:
About.com said:
Definition:
The use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning; a statement or situation where the meaning is contradicted by the appearance or presentation of the idea. Adjective: ironic or ironical.

Three kinds of irony are commonly recognized:
1.Verbal irony is a trope in which the intended meaning of a statement differs from the meaning that the words appear to express.

2.Situational irony involves an incongruity between what is expected or intended and what actually occurs.

3.Dramatic irony is an effect produced by a narrative in which the audience knows more about present or future circumstances than a character in the story.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 17:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain to me the irony of Hilliary Clinton pushing boundaries too far in that it’s not because she is strong but because she is weak when referring to Putin as Hitler?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 17:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The Irony is Putin saying that "when people push the boundaries, it is not because they are strong, but because they are weak", and all he's done, is push boundaries too far.
By fonewear 2014-06-05 17:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Explain to me the irony of Hilliary Clinton pushing boundaries too far in that it’s not because she is strong but because she is weak when referring to Putin as Hitler?

Hitler (have to take a shot of whiskey)
By fonewear 2014-06-05 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Irony:
About.com said:
Definition:
The use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning; a statement or situation where the meaning is contradicted by the appearance or presentation of the idea. Adjective: ironic or ironical.

1.Verbal irony is a trope in which the intended meaning of a statement differs from the meaning that the words appear to express.

2.Situational irony involves an incongruity between what is expected or intended and what actually occurs.

3.Dramatic irony is an effect produced by a narrative in which the audience knows more about present or future circumstances than a character in the story.

See also Alanis Morissette.

Is it ironic that I like Alanis Morissette's song Ironic ?

Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Irony:
About.com said:
Definition:

See also Alanis Morissette.

Is it ironic that I like Alanis Morissette's song Ironic ?

The Ironic part is the woman who defended Alanis's song "Isn't it ironic" said it was a metaphor, when it's actually a simile, due to the use of "like, and, or as" in the comparative term?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-05 17:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what irony is but I heard it is an iron deficiency.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 17:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The Irony is Putin saying that "when people push the boundaries, it is not because they are strong, but because they are weak", and all he's done, is push boundaries too far.

Yeah... right ok... Russia being backed into a corner by NATO, Russia being ignored with legitimate concerns over the Right Sector taking over Kiev with violent protests, the U.S. wanting to fire missiles like a jackass in to Syria with thousands of Chinese, Iranians, and Russians engineers still in the country, and yet you call a self determination vote of independence into federalization as pushing boundaries too far to avoid the mess the U.S. and NATO have created in Ukraine's civil war, while you simultaneously have allowed the election of a military coup leader as President of Egypt thus creating a real dictatorship.

So much more if you really want to go down that path. That's just the beginning.

No if there is any irony it is just how weak the U.S. and NATO have become economically and therefore have to keep pushing Putin and have the audacity to call him Hitler.
By fonewear 2014-06-05 17:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This calls an irony expert. Anyone up for the task ?

We need someone with an ironic mustache and drinks PBR.

We need a hipster.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 17:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... right ok... Russia being backed into a corner by NATO, Russia being ignored with legitimate concerns over the Right Sector taking over Kiev with violent protests, the U.S. wanting to fire missiles like a jackass in to Syria with thousands of Chinese, Iranians, and Russians engineers still in the country, and yet you call a self determination vote of independence into federalization as pushing boundaries too far to avoid the mess the U.S. and NATO have created in Ukraine's civil war, while you simultaneously have allowed the election of a military coup leader as President of Egypt thus creating a real dictatorship.

So much more if you really want to go down that path. That's just the beginning.

No if there is any irony it is just how weak the U.S. and NATO have become economically and therefore have to keep pushing Putin and have the audacity to call him Hitler.
The sanctions against Russia, due to Komrade Putin, are justified, due to the violent nature of his recent actions, long before being pressured by the US. Violent conflict, oppression of his people, and people outside of Russia, is far from an act of federalization.

Of course, by doing so, the United States, as a global Superpower, and part of the United Nations, could not responsibly allow Russia to continue on with the violent oppression of Ukraine, when Russian and Ukraine citizens alike protested the occupation through sheer force.

In this instance, Force had to be met with Force, to protect innocent lives from being caught in the crossfire. Russia has no legal right to any territory in the Ukraine. So, going on to say what he did, after pushing the boundaries too far already, is indeed, ironic.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
This calls an irony expert. Anyone up for the task ?

We need someone with an ironic mustache and drinks PBR.

We need a hipster.
Just ask Hipster Hitler.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 17:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The sanctions against Russia, due to Komrade Putin, are justified, due to the violent nature of his recent actions, long before being pressured by the US. Violent conflict, oppression of his people, and people outside of Russia, is far from an act of federalization.

Of course, by doing so, the United States, as a global Superpower, and part of the United Nations, could not responsibly allow Russia to continue on with the violent oppression of Ukraine, when Russian and Ukraine citizens alike protested the occupation through sheer force.

In this instance, Force had to be met with Force, to protect innocent lives from being caught in the crossfire. Russia has no legal right to any territory in the Ukraine. So, going on to say what he did, after pushing the boundaries too far already, is indeed, ironic.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-05 18:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What difference does it make!?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-05 18:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-05 18:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Heh. At this point the difference is lost on talking points.
By fonewear 2014-06-05 18:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what is going on but I feel like listening to Alanis Morissete now.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-06-05 18:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is it's like 10,000 spoon when all you need is a knife. That is the story of my life !

She is so amazing.

And I agree with Rose saying "it's like" makes it a simile.

It's like an overplayed 90's song that gets stuck in your head.