G.O.P. Succumbs To Rare Outbreak Of Sanity

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-13 12:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally you wrote "/slow clap", which implies sarcasm. It's really hard to tell with you now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Well, you didn't manage to step up to their level of insulting.

See an example of trolling would be, entering a thread but saying nothing about the topic or at least what topics it has led too, but instead just saying a direct attack on someone like what you did to me for example. See, that was trolling what you did there. Get it?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Originally you wrote "/slow clap", which implies sarcasm. It's really hard to tell with you now.

I never wrote slow clap. I FFXI emoted /clap.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-13 12:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

You say that now, but mmmkay...
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 12:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Does someone centric come out of the gate calling everyone else wingnuts? That doesn't sound like a moderate perspective. It sounds like you are coming from an obvious extreme. Did this publication call out then Senator Obama for doing the same exact thing as Ted Cruz? Did they mention it? Was he a firebrand and a wingnut? A centric publication would have.

Eat it. :)
You're a moron.

CENTRIC is not the same word as CENTRIST. Dumbass.

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I would say no, this was not centric. It sounded more like an opinion or editorial piece.
I'm just barely giving you a pass because English isn't your first language (I think).

Wow. lol. bet you wish you could delete that one.
Why the *** would I, you lunatic?

Not that any of you other illiterates are helping.

Chanti straight-up said that this article comes from a liberal-centric and New York-centric magazine. And you launch into some weird "ahmigerd they're totally not being centrist and fair and balanced!" Of course they aren't: IT'S A *** LIBERAL MAGAZINE!

"-centric" isn't even a word, anyhow. It's a motherfucking affix.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-02-13 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Well, you didn't manage to step up to their level of insulting.

See an example of trolling would be, entering a thread but saying nothing about the topic or at least what topics it has led too, but instead just saying a direct attack on someone like what you did to me for example. See, that was trolling what you did there. Get it?

Not really, as in no what I did wasn't trolling.

Since commenting on a persons behavior in the thread is not trolling. Get it?

However, there is much irony in your behavior in attempt to extrapolate that, and you commenting on someone "going full retard".
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You say that now, but mmmkay...
Does someone centric come out of the gate calling everyone else wingnuts? That doesn't sound like a moderate perspective. It sounds like you are coming from an obvious extreme. Did this publication call out then Senator Obama for doing the same exact thing as Ted Cruz? Did they mention it? Was he a firebrand and a wingnut? A centric publication would have.

Eat it. :)
You're a moron.

I would say no, this was not centric. It sounded more like an opinion or editorial piece.
I'm just barely giving you a pass because English isn't your first language (I think).

Wow. lol. bet you wish you could delete that one.
Why the *** would I, you lunatic?

Not that any of you other illiterates are helping.

Chanti straight-up said that this article comes from a liberal-centric and New York-centric magazine. And you launch into some weird "ahmigerd they're totally not being centrist and fair and balanced!" Of course they aren't: IT'S A *** LIBERAL MAGAZINE!

Uh OK Bud. The article was not centrist and it has been noted how a hyphen would have saved the thread by Pleebo. I discussed the meat and potatoes about the article anyways, brah. Don't sweat the small stuff.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-13 12:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 13:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, what do you know, I did miss your comment, Pleebo. It was buried in several yards of retard, so I hope you'll forgive.

My rage stands, though. It's pretty impotent rage, though, since it is directed at someone who consistently fails to ever make a defensible point.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-13 13:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

impotent rage.

well... that does explain it I suppose.

they make a pill for that now... I hear...

if you can't afford your medication Astra Zenica may be able to help.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-13 14:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a moron.

1. I am an expat from the US. But feel free to keep making assumptions about people who speak English as a second language.

2. New York centric =\= the article posted. It read like an editorial or opinion piece. I wouldn't say it was New York centric since you have the New York Times and Wall Street Journal to compare to.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/us/politics/senate-debt-ceiling-increase.html?_r=0
The above article conveys the same message without the vitriol. Dramatic, yes. But it gives a clearer picture as to the division within the Republican party. Also, the Times is considered a liberal paper by many.

3. Centric is in the dictionary. It's considered an adjective, in this usage.

4. As for New York, the state is made up of almost 20 million people, 8.5 million in the city, one of the most ethnically diverse places in the US, the center for US finance, and NYC just elected their first democrat mayor in more than 20 years. I would hesitate to classify anything as 'New York centric' beyond geography and pizza.

But, quite frankly, who gives a damn. Most of the debt ceiling articles are about this subject and a lot of them were better written then the example posted.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 14:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, what do you know, I did miss your comment, Pleebo. It was buried in several yards of retard, so I hope you'll forgive.

My rage stands, though. It's pretty impotent rage, though, since it is directed at someone who consistently fails to ever make a defensible point.

Well which of my points do you disagree with?

I said the debt ceiling increase was in "zero danger" of not passing the Senate. Did it pass the Senate?

I said then Senator Obama spoke out against raising the debt ceiling, then later used the excuse that it was never in danger of not being raised. I said this either made him a hypocrite once he became President for flip flopping on the debt ceiling, or it meant he was a liar when he was Senator? Do you have a third option?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-13 14:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

But, quite frankly, who gives a damn. Most of the debt ceiling articles are about this subject and a lot of them were better written then the example posted.

Hey now! that's not very nice kara. grandma chanti can't help it. she was born with a tragic learning disability.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-13 14:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Hey now! that's not very nice kara. grandma chanti can't help it. she was born with a tragic learning disability.

Nice?! I'm not nice >.>

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-13 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti is a lady? Well, you learn something new every day!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-13 14:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti is a lady?

well I wouldn't go that far

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-02-13 14:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

She's said multiple times that shes female and like 80 years old.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 14:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1. I am an expat from the US. But feel free to keep making assumptions about people who speak English as a second language.
You'd prefer I just insult you outright? Latching onto the notion that "-centric" is even remotely related in meaning to "centrist" is something I'll forgive in a non-native speaker. I don't forgive it in a native speaker. The lack of a hyphen is a weak excuse.

3. Centric is in the dictionary. It's considered an adjective, in this usage.
Except that wasn't the usage, so its existence in the dictionary is a good example of argumentum ab auctoritate. I strongly doubt the word "centric" has ever applied to political discourse, either, though it certainly never is in current parlance.

This is exactly why I got irked. It's from a strongly liberal-leaning magazine (why did you latch onto the New York-centric aspect, by the way?) and the Amazing Twit completely failed to grasp it owing to an irrelevant error in punctuation. The OP could be read as "Liberal magazine says mean things about conservatives." Big deal.

Well which of my points do you disagree with?
See above: raging about a liberal magazine being noxiously liberal because you skimmed a post with fewer than 20 words really makes me want to punch a baby. And feed a puppy into a blender, but I want to do that every hour or so regardless.

It's a pet peeve. And, yes, I'm a hypocrite because I've done it before.

As to the biased vitriol and whatever of the article and the fact that politicians spin like the blades of a propeller, what is there to say? May as well comment that the sun is still yellow.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-13 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
She's said multiple times that shes female and like 80 years old.

80 and on the web? Grandma of the year award.

(I can't even get my grandmother to get near a PC, nevermind talk politics on one. >_>)
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 14:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't lie. Read the sentence in a glance as "was liberal now centric" then I read the actual article. Are you done arguing grammar yet?

Do... do you even know what the word "centric" means?

k I'm done :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-13 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rally to me Democrats, this battle is lost. We make camp tonight for tomorrow we dine on Chris Christie!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-13 15:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
tomorrow we dine on Chris Christie!

be sure to bring your prilosec and lipitor... we'll see you in about a year and a half
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 15:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't lie. Read the sentence in a glance as "was liberal now centric" then I read the actual article. Are you done arguing grammar yet?
Guess not:
Do... do you even know what the word "centric" means?

k I'm done :)
The term "word" is kinda hard to pin down to a single definition, anyhow (compound words and particles as simple examples). Nonetheless, "centric" is a word, although one used pretty much exclusively in anatomy and physiology contexts. "-centric" is an affix, that is, a part attached as a modifier. Note spelling.

Anyhow, although I'll admit I've just been indulging a pet peeve and trying to thoroughly derail this thread, it's because there's nothing to discuss. What can anyone say except, sarcastically, "A liberal who knocks conservatives, how novel"?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-13 15:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets talk about what really happened in Benghazi.
Or about Monica Lewinsky.
Or about how Bill Clinton trolled the country over a ***.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 15:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

"Indiana... Indiana, let it go."
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-13 15:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Indiana... Indiana, let it go."

Monologuing, are we?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-13 16:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just trying to derail this thread

Thank you, I never would have figured that out on my own.

Also, I'm thoroughly disgusted that anyone suggest the gop and sanity were ever even in the same ballpark together....

how many more tea parties do we have to have before you people realize we left sanity far behind forever a long time ago

/tosses feather boa over shoulder
/sips pretend tea from a small plastic cup with his pinkie out
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-13 16:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

All this proper English talk is the reason why we need to just speak Spanish.

Although according to all my years in school, I wouldn't remember a damn thing, let alone be able to speak to someone else.

Didn't think this through..
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11