users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mommy I Want Plus Size Barbie
Mommy I Want Plus Size Barbie
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zecilus 2013-12-29 05:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fat enough to win two gold medals apparently. The ironing.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 05:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Keep telling yourself that, eventually you'll get others to accept you for "who you are". Here have another whooper with extra large coke, it'll make you feel better.
Bacon is in better shape than you more likely than not lol

Sure keep at it, it's the internet after all.

Quote:
So yes this has everything to do with the media pushing particular image down our throat.

Says I need to know about him.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 05:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zecilus said: »

Cept she's not fat, she's not even overweight ....

5'10.5 @154 is healthy, especially if you consider she'll be training heavily and thus her BF% will be fairly low for that weight. That's what we call athletic. She just happens to have a butter face that makes you think she's overweight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1088363/Olympic-champion-Rebecca-Adlington-Girls-dont-think-cool-sporty.html

She also happens to be large chested with wide shoulders and hips which will distort her appearance. She'll never be "model thin" but she can definite achieve the hourglass figure.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-29 06:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The point of my post is what society perpetuates to be overweight does not match up with what most physicians consider to be overweight or unhealthy.

Quote:
So yes this has everything to do with the media pushing particular image down our throat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep telling yourself that, eventually you'll get others to accept you for "who you are". Here have another whooper with extra large coke, it'll make you feel better.

The USA push sizes down aye, well we don't in the UK, if your country is going to lie to its people and place things like that to confuse people, please clarify how much they drop it by~ when you say

"I date size 0~2" and then say they push sizes down you actually 6~8?

The actual size 0~1 for an Average Height person (When no pre determined size is used you use the national average height) would be unhealthy, generally speaking.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-29 06:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cept she's not fat, she's not even overweight ....

5'10.5 @154 is healthy, especially if you consider she'll be training heavily and thus her BF% will be fairly low for that weight. That's what we call athletic. She just happens to have a butter face that makes you think she's overweight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1088363/Olympic-champion-Rebecca-Adlington-Girls-dont-think-cool-sporty.html

She also happens to be large chested with wide shoulders and hips which will distort her appearance. She'll never be "model thin" but she can definite achieve the hourglass figure.

Something we actually agree on.
By Zecilus 2013-12-29 06:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. I was being sarcastic towards the media that considered her as fat as they seemingly overlooked the fact that she won two gold medals at an Olympic event. Something a person that was out of shape wouldn't be able to achieve given the competition. Nevermind the fact that she's actually literally not overweight.

So I'm a littler perplexed at your comment directed towards me via quoting me. I wasn't contesting her fitness level.

I was thinking me adding the words "The ironing" would be the giveaway that I was being sarcastic and critical of how the media judged her.

Actually it's more idiotic than ironic so bad choice of words on my part but the blatant sarcasm is there. Apologies that I did not convey it better.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-29 06:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually met people who find "chubby" more attractive than fit. Not that I expect Saevel to understand there exist people with different tastes.

And inb4 personal attack, I'm not overweight, and neither into it.

Back to topic though, that doll is gross.
By Zecilus 2013-12-29 06:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even remotely possible that Mattel or whoever markets Barbie will market plus size versions anyway. It won't amount to anything more than a hypothetical.

Action figures for boys will far more likely fall into the political correctness web in regards to coming out in plus sizes as society gives much more leeway on men being overweight than women.

Chubby Batman action figures anyone?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 06:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Quote:
The point of my post is what society perpetuates to be overweight does not match up with what most physicians consider to be overweight or unhealthy.

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The USA push sizes down aye, well we don't in the UK, if your country is going to lie to its people and place things like that to confuse people, please clarify how much they drop it by~ when you say

"I date size 0~2" and then say they push sizes down you actually 6~8?

The actual size 0~1 for an Average Height person (When no pre determined size is used you use the national average height) would be unhealthy, generally speaking.

Eventually it'll dawn on you that I'm not living in the USA nor dating entitled white princess's. My current GF wears a Korean size 25 pants which depending on the length will convert into a size 0~2 depending on height. In my case she's 5'2 and petite so it's a size 0 in US womens. I'm glad I happen to work in a country that actively shams fat people and doesn't remotely tolerate the idea of "fat people with rolls are beautiful".

http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/49712651.pdf

vs

http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/49712881.pdf

4% national obesity rate with an overall overweight rate of 30%, most of which are kids in school. What happens over here is younger kids get fat due to no physical exerciser, nearly all their free time is devoted to studying for exams. Then after graduation there is a period where nearly all girls crash diet and shed the weight before going to university. Guys tend to stay overweight throughout university.

So after having experienced living in a healthy culture orientated around proper portion size and maintaining a healthy body, I just laugh really loud at the western people trying to support fat behemoths. So no amount of shaming or attempts are redefinition is going to change the fact that western countries have an epidemic of obesity and instead of focusing on fixing it they decided to play word games to make people feel better.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 06:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. I was being sarcastic towards the media that considered her as fat as they seemingly overlooked the fact that she won two gold medals at an Olympic event. Something a person that was out of shape wouldn't be able to achieve given the competition. Nevermind the fact that she's actually literally not overweight.

So I'm a littler perplexed at your comment directed towards me via quoting me. I wasn't contesting her fitness level.

I was thinking me adding the words "The ironing" would be the giveaway that I was being sarcastic and critical of how the media judged her.

Actually it's more idiotic than ironic so bad choice of words on my part but the blatant sarcasm is there. Apologies that I did not convey it better.

Was more towards bacon and the hordes of whitekights who were attempting to use her as an example. She wasn't fat just has a wide frame that doesn't translate well to photographs without airbrushing.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-29 06:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Except this entire discussion was about media portrayal VS the reality of the relevance of BMI to health, so you're just acting like a douche for no reason when you actually agree with them.
[+]
By Zecilus 2013-12-29 06:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

South Korean food is far from healthy mind you. It's very high in sodium, acids, salt, and vinegar. Sticky white rice is basically all gluten and carbohydrates with no fiber.

The reason Koreans don't have the obesity problems that America do isn't so much a healthy eating lifestyle but rather just eating bad foods in much smaller portions with a serving presentation known as ban chan. That and their source of meat is primarily chicken and seafood which is a high protein low fat food.

South Korea ranks #1 in stomach and gastric cancers as of a 2008 World Cancer Research Fund International http://www.wcrf.org/cancer_statistics/data_specific_cancers/stomach_cancer_statistics.php

So you trade your heart disease with stomach cancer. Pickled foods in general just aren't good for your blood or your stomach.

Also, South Koreans and most First World Asian nations in general have a severe calcium deficiency which is a major reasoning behind their disparity in height compared to other races.

For third world nations, such as North Korea and many African nations however, this is attributed to malnutrition altogether.

This is coming from a half South Korean, half Scottish American who has lived in Busan South Korea almost all my childhood and currently has a mother suffering from stomach ulcers.

I'm not saying the junk food lifestyle of America is more ideal, in fact it's much much worse, but South Korea in its own way is in need of some serious adjustments in its food culture.

Edit: Also, you over exaggerate when you say that America supports "behemoths" Americans generally agree that severe obesity (which I assume is what you mean as you're using the term "Behemoth" is a problem, not something that should be considered its own kind of beautiful. Those people are the exception. It's just that some people especially in American media over exaggerate on whats actually considered fat or even overweight. Jennifer Lopez has been on the record for firing her manager for demanding she lose some weight. Jennifer Lawrence has been referred as "chubby" Kat Dennings has been addressed about her weight etc. It's like America can't determine the difference between actual obesity and full figured or voluptuous.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-12-29 07:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad I happen to work in a country that actively shams fat people and doesn't remotely tolerate the idea of "fat people with rolls are beautiful".

So you're saying it's perfectly fine to shame people that don't live up to the (current) standards of ideal appearance?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 07:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, you over exaggerate when you say that America supports "behemoths" Americans generally agree that severe obesity (which I assume is what you mean as you're using the term "Behemoth" is a problem, not something that should be considered its own kind of beautiful.

Except acceptance of behemoth is being pushed, or rather there is a large political movement by the SJW types to censor anyone pointing out that people are f*cking fat because they make bad choices. It's the utter refusal to accept personal responsibility, as demonstrated by the posters here, that is the problem.

Just google "fat acceptance movement", make sure it's been awhile since you ate cause the images might make you want to vomit. Look up the whole Maria Kang situation where there was a tidal wave of feminists going absolute bat sh!t over her audacity to actually work to maintain a body after having three kids. Look at all the people here trying to twist around the uncomfortable fact that the USA has 60%+ overweight population with 30% being so overweight they are obese and will require medical attention.

And yes Koreans are thin because of immense social pressure to not be fat. Humans are more motivated by the avoidance of pain then the desire for pleasure.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 07:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
I'm glad I happen to work in a country that actively shams fat people and doesn't remotely tolerate the idea of "fat people with rolls are beautiful".

So you're saying it's perfectly fine to shame people that don't live up to the (current) standards of ideal appearance?

Yes it is. The more shame and social isolation the better. Let them serve as examples of what happens to people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Fat people are essentially invisible to me.

And I don't care if you hate me and feel disgust, your feelings have no value or meaning. I do not need your acceptance or permission to live my life the way I see fit.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-29 07:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not need your acceptance or permission to live my life the way I see fit.
Then why would others?~
[+]
By Zecilus 2013-12-29 07:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sirmixalot/babygotback.html
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-12-29 07:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is. The more shame and social isolation the better. Let them serve as examples of what happens to people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Fat people are essentially invisible to me.

And I don't care if you hate me and feel disgust, your feelings have no value or meaning. I do not need your acceptance or permission to live my life the way I see fit.

So then, if I think guys that don't have a body like Tigerwoods are unattractive and ugly, it's ok for me to shame and ridicule them?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 07:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So then, if I think guys that don't have a body like Tigerwoods are unattractive and ugly, it's ok for me to shame and ridicule them?

You can do whatever you want, say whatever you want and live however you want. Just be prepared to accept the consequences for your actions. If your standard is shredded men (btw that's ALL women's standards) then be prepared to attract that standard. That will require work, which if your not willing to do, well just means your a hypocrite which isn't anything new.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-12-29 07:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do whatever you want, say whatever you want and live however you want. Just be prepared to accept the consequences for your actions. If your standard is shredded men (btw that's ALL women's standards) then be prepared to attract that standard. That will require work, which if your not willing to do, well just means your a hypocrite which isn't anything new.

I feel sorry for you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 07:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel sorry for you.

Don't be, I don't feel sorry for you or anyone else for that matter. I live a happy fulfilled life. The kind of life that people, like yourself, actively try to tear down. Of course you can only do that if I allow you to, which I don't.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-12-29 07:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel sorry for you.

Don't be, I don't feel sorry for you or anyone else for that matter. I live a happy fulfilled life. The kind of life that people, like yourself, actively try to tear down. Of course you can only do that if I allow you to, which I don't.

I still feel sorry for you, just like I feel sorry for anyone else that shallow, narrowminded and apparently incapable of feeling neither sympathy nor empathy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-29 07:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel sorry for you.

I still feel sorry for you, just like I feel sorry for anyone else that shallow, narrowminded and apparently incapable of feeling neither sympathy nor empathy.

If your honestly feeling sorry, then why the focus on shaming and negativity? Unless your not actually sorry at all and are just posturing to make it appear your on the moral high ground. So you lie to prove your position is morally sound.... yeah.

Here have donut, it'll make you feel better.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-12-29 07:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He's just a narcissistic ***. He's not worth your time or the time it takes me to tell you he's not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Thunderfang
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Thunderfang 2013-12-29 08:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Annoying people.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-12-29 08:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 thread locked.

And for the love of god people. It's should/would/could HAVE/'VE not OF /grammarnazirage off >_@
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-29 08:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel might be an ***, but separating the idea of physical health VS social issue I don't disagree with him on the idea that lowering the average weight in America would be anything but a health improvement and thus a legitimate standard to use when applying public health, and I don't feel any amount of "I know healthy overweight people" is going to change that.

I'm certainly envious of people like Tigerwoods that look great but that's still not relevant to whether or not that's the right measure to use.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-29 08:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

shredded men (btw that's ALL women's standards)
Not true. Not that you're going to ever admit being wrong, but anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-12-29 08:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If your honestly feeling sorry, then why the focus on shaming and negativity? Unless your not actually sorry at all and are just posturing to make it appear your on the moral high ground. So you lie to prove your position is morally sound.... yeah.

Here have donut, it'll make you feel better.

The fact that you believe that shaming others because of how they look is an acceptable way of treating people, is exactly why I feel sorry for you. But it's clear you are incapable of understanding why.

And no thanks, I don't like donuts.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16