Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 99 100 101
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 15:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Ugh, you're probably right...

it takes all kinds.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 15:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you are that thin skinned to consider an obvious attempt at humor as a threat against your life, then I deserve to be banned....
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 15:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, if you are that thin skinned to consider an obvious attempt at humor as a threat against your life, then I deserve to be banned....
To be fair your attempts at humor aren't that great... I mean... we got *** dead hookers until the smell gets too bad and killing people... and not in a funny way either... like the creepy way where the kid who gets picked on in gym class for losing his shorts rounds all his classmates up for the slaughter and such...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
To be fair your attempts at humor aren't that great... I mean... we got *** dead hookers until the smell gets too bad and killing people... and not in a funny way either... like the creepy way where the kid who gets picked on in gym class for losing his shorts rounds all his classmates up for the slaughter and such...
I never said to *** the hooker, I said fun and games. You put that in your mind.

If you don't want to be a part of this awesome thread then I welcome you to stay the *** out lol... don't try to get rid of my entertainment!
I'm already part of it though!

But this is starting to be like a dead hooker. All fun and games at first, but then the smell hits and you wish to be somewhere else...

Replace hooker with "this thread" and you get my point >.>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So when do we get to the part where we talk about these plans are being canceled because they are below the quality bar demanded by the ACA? The insurance companies are at fault for offering paltry plans and it gets blamed on Obamacare, Bravo. So people will be losing their current subpar plans but all of them will be gaining better plans. A good deal being eligible for some sort of credit or subsidy. This is just like companies now laying off people now and blaming Obamacare when the company mandate doesn't even go into effect for a year. Forget the 'blame it on Bush' note you guys are spouting. There is a blame it all on Obama card that people are playing and it is ***.
I hear that argument but you have to see it from the other side too... if you want a shitty policy you should be able to keep that shitty policy if that's what you were told would be the case...

The other concern raised by some though is that some insurers are using this as an opportunity to unload some of their more expensive clientel or bump up their premiums...

...and again you drift ever so closer to the notion that profit is wrong and criminal. Make it more expensive to do business by mandating additional levels of care and businesses will have to adjust their outlooks for the added risk.

No, taking advantage of people at every turn is wrong. You see profit and I see insurers trying to *** people in the *** at every turn. How amazing the ones that take care of us when we get sick or in an accident don't care about anyone.

It is not about added risk it is about always making more and more.
Putting a cap on the amount of profit a company has is the solution?

How about putting a cap on how much money you can take home per paycheck? Got to pay bills? TFB. Want that car? TFB. Hope to save money for retirement? TFB.

You are considering "profit" as a bad thing. Also, you do not understand how insurance works either.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 15:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it was the whole necrophilia mentioned then add in a hooker and fun & games... soo....
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said to *** the hooker, I said fun and games. You put that in your mind.

If you don't want to be a part of this awesome thread then I welcome you to stay the *** out lol... don't try to get rid of my entertainment!
I'm already part of it though!

But this is starting to be like a dead hooker. All fun and games at first, but then the smell hits and you wish to be somewhere else...

Replace hooker with "this thread" and you get my point >.>

What else, would you be doing with a hooker? ...and you seem to like this thread thus you must seem to like hookers.

Do you a have healthy blow habit too? nothing goes together quite like hookers and blow ^_^
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 15:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No, taking advantage of people at every turn is wrong. You see profit and I see insurers trying to *** people in the *** at every turn. How amazing the ones that take care of us when we get sick or in an accident don't care about anyone.

How about putting a cap on how much money you can take home per paycheck? Got to pay bills? TFB. Want that car? TFB. Hope to save money for retirement? TFB.

You are considering "profit" as a bad thing. Also, you do not understand how insurance works either.

When you have the welfare of others meddling with profit the results are generally not safe for the welfare of others.
Here, I bolded it for you so you can see clearly (even though you typed it yourself) that you consider profit to be a bad thing. Which is my point and argument.

Also, your argument goes against your own thought. It is ok to meddle with the profit of others as long as it doesn't meddle with the profit of yourself. That is how you see fit.

Would you like for me to also underline the above statement to show you what you typed? I figured that your one sentence would be enough.

Or are you going to say "strawman argument" again?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 15:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
What else, would you be doing with a hooker? ...and you seem to like this thread thus you must seem to like hookers.

Do you a have healthy blow habit too? nothing goes together quite like hookers and blow ^_^
Maybe it was the whole necrophilia mentioned then add in a hooker and fun & games... soo....
You know, I was told by a certain poster here to attempt to try humor in some of my responses. It seems that even humor is beyond some of you, or that some of you are way set into your own prejudices that some of you are willing to take anything I type and turn it around against me at some fashion.

Here, have fun with the following sentence:
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 15:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Animosity towards insurers profiting on not providing what you've paid for is not the same as having animosity towards profiting in general.

You are conflating the point to create a "strawman"... you strawman and don't even know you are strawmanning?

You must like ze hookers and blow.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 15:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all... no one said to cap anyones profits... no one... Provide the product you sold and don't back out and use something else as a smokescreen to back out of your responsibility to the consumer...

Squishy isn't arguing that profits are bad... he's making an argument that shitty business practices that result in higher profit margins are not taking the consumer into account... looking for loopholes or distractions and using them to wiggle out of providing the service your paid to provide... a contract you negotiated that you no longer want any part of...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 15:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So when do we get to the part where we talk about these plans are being canceled because they are below the quality bar demanded by the ACA? The insurance companies are at fault for offering paltry plans and it gets blamed on Obamacare, Bravo. So people will be losing their current subpar plans but all of them will be gaining better plans. A good deal being eligible for some sort of credit or subsidy. This is just like companies now laying off people now and blaming Obamacare when the company mandate doesn't even go into effect for a year. Forget the 'blame it on Bush' note you guys are spouting. There is a blame it all on Obama card that people are playing and it is ***.
I hear that argument but you have to see it from the other side too... if you want a shitty policy you should be able to keep that shitty policy if that's what you were told would be the case...

The other concern raised by some though is that some insurers are using this as an opportunity to unload some of their more expensive clientel or bump up their premiums...

...and again you drift ever so closer to the notion that profit is wrong and criminal. Make it more expensive to do business by mandating additional levels of care and businesses will have to adjust their outlooks for the added risk.

Nobody proposed they put a cap on their profit, they just require a percentage of their income actually go toward the service they are selling. ACA gives insurers the ability to sell their product to every single american and in exchange, they have to provide the service they are selling.

A little math for someone who claims to be good at it. 80% of 1 billion is less than 20% of 50 billion. They are actually not even obligated to spend 80% of that money on actual claims, they could spend it on anything that increases the quality of their service, that being creating new jobs to service their now larger client base. All those great things the Neo-cons like to champion but fight against ever happening.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 15:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm already part of it though! But this is starting to be like a dead hooker. All fun and games at first, but then the smell hits and you wish to be somewhere else...
It's never funny when you have to explain yourself... failed attempt at humor... necrophiliac...
Then let me have my way with you! /grabs a shotgun
This was the whole bit... and honestly I just wanted to distance myself from talking at all about it after your last comment on the matter because it was creepy not funny...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 16:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
nothing goes together quite like hookers and blow ^_^

strippers & blow!

cigarettes & blow!

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want some blow!

too bad I'm old.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ACA specifically states that there has to be a cap on net profits of 15% of gross receipts. While most insurance companies generally take on 5% profit or less from gross receipts, that isn't a huge issue...except now that government has first stepped in and demanded that a company cannot exceed profits of 15% of gross receipts! Of course there isn't outrage because not that many people understand it, and those who do are those that are ignored by the general public because they are the "evil super rich 1% *** who take the money off of the backs of working normal citizens" and such.

Oh, and in case you think I'm pulling this out of my ***:

Go to Section 1103 or page 939

But you will ignore that because it doesn't fit your liberal agenda.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Me saying insurance companies try to *** people is me asking for a cap on their profits? On the cap of paychecks for people like you and me? Of course that is a straw man you dope.

I am all fine with being a condescending pr ick, but at least have something to show for it. Besides acting like the crazy girlfriend who thinks they caught their man cheating because they bought regular gas (Kevin Hart).

And when did I ever talk about the profit of anyone besides insurance companies in these past few posts? Never, please gain some reading comprehension.

I know it is a conservative favorite to take things, spin them, create artificial rage and then ride the wave, but get real please.

There, I bold, underlined, and italic it for you this time.

To you, profit = "taking advantage of people at every turn," as you have put it yourself.

Should I hold your hand and ask you politely to read your own writing next time?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 16:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ACA specifically states that there has to be a cap on net profits of 15% of gross receipts. While most insurance companies generally take on 5% profit or less from gross receipts, that isn't a huge issue...except now that government has first stepped in and demanded that a company cannot exceed profits of 15% of gross receipts! Of course there isn't outrage because not that many people understand it, and those who do are those that are ignored by the general public because they are the "evil super rich 1% *** who take the money off of the backs of working normal citizens" and such.

If they didn't cap gross receipts, they didn't cap profits, buddy. Perfect example of someone sticking to a tagline even though they know it's bunk. It's like a Catholic OBGYN rallying against condoms and saying they don't prevent pregnancy or STDs.

Me saying insurance companies try to *** people is me asking for a cap on their profits? On the cap of paychecks for people like you and me? Of course that is a straw man you dope.

I am all fine with being a condescending pr ick, but at least have something to show for it. Besides acting like the crazy girlfriend who thinks they caught their man cheating because they bought regular gas (Kevin Hart).

And when did I ever talk about the profit of anyone besides insurance companies in these past few posts? Never, please gain some reading comprehension.

I know it is a conservative favorite to take things, spin them, create artificial rage and then ride the wave, but get real please.

There, I bold, underlined, and italic it for you this time.

To you, profit = "taking advantage of people at every turn," as you have put it yourself.

Should I hold your hand and ask you politely to read your own writing next time?

Receiving payment for a service then refusing to provide it isn't "profit", it's exploitation. And insurance companies have been peddling an invisible product to millions for decades.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 16:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ACA specifically states that there has to be a cap on net profits of 15% of gross receipts. While most insurance companies generally take on 5% profit or less from gross receipts, that isn't a huge issue...except now that government has first stepped in and demanded that a company cannot exceed profits of 15% of gross receipts! Of course there isn't outrage because not that many people understand it, and those who do are those that are ignored by the general public because they are the "evil super rich 1% *** who take the money off of the backs of working normal citizens" and such. Oh, and in case you think I'm pulling this out of my ***: Go to Section 1103 or page 939 But you will ignore that because it doesn't fit your liberal agenda.
so basically there's nothing to be outraged about because they'll never reach the cap?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 16:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Me saying insurance companies try to *** people is me asking for a cap on their profits? On the cap of paychecks for people like you and me? Of course that is a straw man you dope. I am all fine with being a condescending pr ick, but at least have something to show for it. Besides acting like the crazy girlfriend who thinks they caught their man cheating because they bought regular gas (Kevin Hart). And when did I ever talk about the profit of anyone besides insurance companies in these past few posts? Never, please gain some reading comprehension. I know it is a conservative favorite to take things, spin them, create artificial rage and then ride the wave, but get real please.
No, taking advantage of people at every turn is wrong. You see profit and I see insurers trying to *** people in the *** at every turn. How amazing the ones that take care of us when we get sick or in an accident don't care about anyone. It is not about added risk it is about always making more and more.
There, I bold, underlined, and italic it for you this time. To you, profit = "taking advantage of people at every turn," as you have put it yourself. Should I hold your hand and ask you politely to read your own writing next time?
lol how do you not get the difference in profit and profiting off taking advantage of others...

By your narrow definition making money off of a ponzey scheme is a good way to go... If anytone tells you not to make profit that way then they just hate profit right?

Edit: He's only talking about people profiting off *** other people over which does in fact happen... far too often... but you act like profit is just profit and profit is good no matter how you get there...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 16:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Me saying insurance companies try to *** people is me asking for a cap on their profits? On the cap of paychecks for people like you and me? Of course that is a straw man you dope. I am all fine with being a condescending pr ick, but at least have something to show for it. Besides acting like the crazy girlfriend who thinks they caught their man cheating because they bought regular gas (Kevin Hart). And when did I ever talk about the profit of anyone besides insurance companies in these past few posts? Never, please gain some reading comprehension. I know it is a conservative favorite to take things, spin them, create artificial rage and then ride the wave, but get real please.
No, taking advantage of people at every turn is wrong. You see profit and I see insurers trying to *** people in the *** at every turn. How amazing the ones that take care of us when we get sick or in an accident don't care about anyone. It is not about added risk it is about always making more and more.
There, I bold, underlined, and italic it for you this time. To you, profit = "taking advantage of people at every turn," as you have put it yourself. Should I hold your hand and ask you politely to read your own writing next time?
lol how do you not get the difference in profit and profiting off taking advantage of others...

By your narrow definition making money off of a ponzey scheme is a good way to go... If anytone tells you not to make profit that way then they just hate profit right?

A former employer of mine once told me that it was a good idea to go bankrupt every 7 or 8 years, keeps long term debt down and you get to keep your assets.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 16:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a new one for me lol...
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 16:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A former employer of mine once told me that it was a good idea to go bankrupt every 7 or 8 years, keeps long term debt down and you get to keep your assets.

I was told the same by an employer in college, but I assumed it was an attempt to save face when things were in a free-fall. Small business, I assume?

EDIT: Yeah...Flav, this little revelation is kind of astounding.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 16:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't cap gross receipts, they didn't cap profits, buddy. Perfect example of someone sticking to a tagline even though they know it's bunk.

They are capping profit. You didn't read the law (which I was kind enough to give you btw). Well, either didn't read it or didn't understand it. But like I said, you will ignore it because it doesn't fit in your agenda.

Receiving payment for a service then refusing to provide it isn't "profit", it's exploitation. And insurance companies have been peddling an invisible product to millions for decades.

Exploitation is illegal anyway. If insurance companies are doing something illegal, wouldn't there have been a huge lawsuit already, with both civil and criminal repercussions?

Or did people not read the contract specifically stating what is covered and what is not? I'm guessing it is this one. But it is far easier to cry victim than admit one's own mistakes. Hell, even our own president is doing that!

so basically there's nothing to be outraged about because they'll never reach the cap?

What is keeping the government from capping income for another industry? Or individuals themselves? Next thing we know, you can't have any money at all without the government's approval.

And you are ok with that?

Edit: He's only talking about people profiting off *** other people over which does in fact happen... far too often... but you act like profit is just profit no matter how you get there...
See response #2.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 16:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lets present the section for everyone to read before we determine if it's only understood by the 1% let alone yourself.

There is that pesky phrase Medical Loss Ratio which you know is money given back to the consumer that the IRS can tax as taxable income.

There is even that pesky phrase Social Security which we know you hate.

Did you ever hear what Dwight D Eisenhower said about the people who would try to dismantle minimum wage and social security?
Dwight D. Eisenhower-1952 said:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."
I'm sure it can be applied to those that stand against the ACA in 5yrs time.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 99 100 101