Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 99 100 101
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 12:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
now the tactic becomes, yeah you couldn't keep your insurance like we said but IT SUCKED ANYWAY.

No but it does explain why insurance providers have been bitching about the law for years.. "now we gotta spend less money on ourselves more money on the consumer, and we actually have to provide a real health insurance plan! Thanks Obama!!"

Edit: I dedicate this page to

Western Obama

and

Running in fear from angry white children Obama.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 12:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So when do we get to the part where we talk about these plans are being canceled because they are below the quality bar demanded by the ACA? The insurance companies are at fault for offering paltry plans and it gets blamed on Obamacare, Bravo. So people will be losing their current subpar plans but all of them will be gaining better plans. A good deal being eligible for some sort of credit or subsidy. This is just like companies now laying off people now and blaming Obamacare when the company mandate doesn't even go into effect for a year. Forget the 'blame it on Bush' note you guys are spouting. There is a blame it all on Obama card that people are playing and it is ***.
I hear that argument but you have to see it from the other side too... if you want a shitty policy you should be able to keep that shitty policy if that's what you were told would be the case...

The other concern raised by some though is that some insurers are using this as an opportunity to unload some of their more expensive clientel or bump up their premiums...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 12:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

now the tactic becomes, yeah you couldn't keep your insurance like we said but IT SUCKED ANYWAY.

They said all along that plans would have to meet minimum requirements of care, that's the way it worked in MA, too.

I'm sorry the 30 million people who had minimalistic insurance policies don't get to keep their plans, but MOST of those are actually employer provided plans, and most of the ones that aren't will get a tax credit making up the difference.

So tell me, how is it you hate Obama so much for supersizing your happy meal for you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 12:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

they were real insurance plans that people chose for themselves and were happy with the coverage they thought they needed, not one size fits all coverage that costs more and provides completely unnecessary coverage. policies are not being allowed that had very small changes. ie cost of deductible, and are technically not the same EXACT plan so you dont get to keep it.

these were good policies people chose themsrlves and wanted to pay for. now they are forced into more expensive ridiculous plans they dont want.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 12:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

wasnt minimal insurance. you are repeating the lie and talking point. do all men really need maternity care?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 12:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
supersizing your happy meal for you.

aaawwwww

white-trash fail! you can't supersize a happy meal, duh.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 12:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard nothing about a policy being nixed because of a change in deductible... I find that hard to beleive too... There was nothing about there being a need for a fixed deductible or minimum deductible rate that would have caused a policy to go inactive under the new rules...

Most of it seems to do with prescriptions and some with specialized care... which when you take into account the cost of those with the deductibles or out of pocket cost...

I actually agree with you here though... if they had coverage, shitty or not, they should have been able to keep it since that's what was said would happen...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 12:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

wasnt minimal insurance. you are repeating the lie and talking point. do all men really need maternity care?

Maternity care is actually in most comprehensive policies regardless of gender. Guess what, my wife has coverage for prostate tests and exams. Do you know this little about every subject you have a strong opinion on?

That's like saying "I'm happy with my car without airbags because I won't crash it". Standards exist for a reason, porky.

Siren.Mosin said: »

aaawwwww

white-trash fail! you can't supersize a happy meal, duh.

I just googled it, and it turns out you can't supersize anything anymore. Damn progressives killing the fun for everyone! It really has been about 20 years since I went to a McDonnalds.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 12:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how you continue to talk about how the libs constantly attack or mock you to get past actually making a point and you just seem to do that enough yourself lol...

Incoming taunts!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 12:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

aaawwwww white-trash fail! you can't supersize a happy meal, duh.
but you can now!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 12:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
but you can now!

for reals?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 12:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

any change in policy after the law was passed, anything, means the policy was not able to be continued as a policy you can keep. the minimal shitty insurance lie is insulting to everyone.

you all know what was promised over and over.

If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance. Period.

Obama's read my lips moment
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 12:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I'm really curious as to Aman and Nausi's level of education now. Well, no point in mulling that mystery over during lunch.

I bet you would love to pry out some personal information that you can taunt me over. Nah no one here would ever make fun of someone's job for instance? Think i mentioned I was from PA ince and I even had that little tidbit made fun of. Trolls.

Well, I can't help but have fun with this now.

Ummm...If you're referring to KN's gaffe, where he messed up was waltzing in and implying that he was somehow superior to everyone else in P&R. Would he have shed his ego, he probably wouldn't have ruffled feathers from the get-go. I extended him the courtesy of attempting to warn him. So...

/picks up Nausi's Cheerios

/tosses them in the toilet bowl

Now, aim for the Cheerios because no one wants to clean up your mess.

Maternity care is standard regardless of gender in most policies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 12:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
What you mean to say is that a hand grenade explodes at the approximate energy force of a 0.2 earthquake.

However, it is not an earthquake.

There is a large difference from something that produces a similar energy force and an earthquake.

Quakes are caused by geologic forces, a hand grenade is not a geologic force. You invalidate yourself with every single post you make. Don't you understand you're a caricature?

This is par for the course in these threads. I don't like what you're saying so I'll redefine your worlds for you so that you say something else. I think this falls into the "Red Herring" camp but I'm not entirely sure, it could be in "Ad Hominem" territory as well. There's definitely some "name calling" too.

Type "earthquake" into google and we get:

-------------------
earth·quake
ˈərTHˌkwāk/Submit
noun
noun: earthquake; plural noun: earthquakes
1.a sudden and violent shaking of the ground, sometimes causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth's crust or volcanic action.
-------------------

Further breakdown of the word splits it into Earth and Quake which are:

-------------------
earth
ərTH/Submit
noun
the planet on which we live; the world.
--------------------
quake
kwāk/Submit
verb
(esp. of the earth) shake or tremble.
--------------------

The shaking of the earth is an earthquake, whatever the cause is, if it quakes the earth, it is an earthquake. If the source is a grenade/bomb above the surface that sends an atmospheric compressive force into the earth to create the movement or a rupture of tectonic plates deep within the surface, the resulting forces are both "earthquakes".

A "geological force" is simply a force dealing with the earth. It isn't limited to forces originating "within" the earth. A person falling down onto the earth creates a "geological force" when they hit it.

When the shockwave that results from an exploded hand grenade interacts with the earth, that force becomes geological when that interaction takes place.

We are so far from the original point right now, it's ridiculous....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Right because 70 year old women need maternity coverage.

...and this is so typical. Obama lies, liberals come out and say "well it was for your own good".

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 12:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So when do we get to the part where we talk about these plans are being canceled because they are below the quality bar demanded by the ACA? The insurance companies are at fault for offering paltry plans and it gets blamed on Obamacare, Bravo. So people will be losing their current subpar plans but all of them will be gaining better plans. A good deal being eligible for some sort of credit or subsidy. This is just like companies now laying off people now and blaming Obamacare when the company mandate doesn't even go into effect for a year. Forget the 'blame it on Bush' note you guys are spouting. There is a blame it all on Obama card that people are playing and it is ***.
I hear that argument but you have to see it from the other side too... if you want a shitty policy you should be able to keep that shitty policy if that's what you were told would be the case...

The other concern raised by some though is that some insurers are using this as an opportunity to unload some of their more expensive clientel or bump up their premiums...

...and again you drift ever so closer to the notion that profit is wrong and criminal. Make it more expensive to do business by mandating additional levels of care and businesses will have to adjust their outlooks for the added risk.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What you mean to say is that a hand grenade explodes at the approximate energy force of a 0.2 earthquake.

However, it is not an earthquake.

There is a large difference from something that produces a similar energy force and an earthquake.

Quakes are caused by geologic forces, a hand grenade is not a geologic force. You invalidate yourself with every single post you make. Don't you understand you're a caricature?

This is par for the course in these threads. I don't like what you're saying so I'll redefine your worlds for you so that you say something else. I think this falls into the "Red Herring" camp but I'm not entirely sure, it could be in "Ad Hominem" territory as well. There's definitely some "name calling" too.

-------------------
earth·quake
ˈərTHˌkwāk/Submit
noun
1.a sudden and violent shaking of the ground, sometimes causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth's crust or volcanic action.
-------------------

-------------------
earth
ərTH/Submit
noun
--------------------
quake
kwāk/Submit
verb
--------------------

The shaking of the earth is an earthquake, whatever the cause is, if it quakes the earth, it is an earthquake. If the source is a grenade/bomb above the surface that sends an atmospheric compressive force into the earth to create the movement or a rupture of tectonic plates deep within the surface, the resulting forces are both "earthquakes".

A "geological force" is simply a force dealing with the earth. It isn't limited to forces originating "within" the earth. A person falling down onto the earth creates a "geological force" when they hit it.

When the shockwave that results from an exploded hand grenade interacts with the earth, that force becomes geological when that interaction takes place.

So long as the USGS and every Geological organization and scientist continues to insist that earthquakes MUST be caused by geologic forces, that's the definition that will be used, period. And your little etymology lesson is meaningless as you are neither an expert in language or geology.

As Kara put it...

Erm, no. A hand grenade or a garbage truck does not cause an earthquake.

Induced seismic activity is definately caused by humans. Since people have been discussing fracking, which is done by humans, I don't think anyone has denied this.

The issue you're trying to redefine is irrelevant, anyway. Something making the earth shake is different than an earthquake. The process of frakking isn't causing the quakes, it's the result of the damage to the ground done by frakking that causes it.

As usual, you fail to grasp the most simplistic aspects of issues you claim credulity on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-30 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

-------------------
earth·quake
ˈərTHˌkwāk/Submit
noun
-------------------

-------------------
earth
ərTH/Submit
noun
--------------------
quake
kwāk/Submit
verb
--------------------

A dictionary.com definition does not validate your point.

Your example of a hand grenade being an example of an earthquake is false. Hand grenade is used to explain what the earthquake force feels like from TNT to seismic energy. But it is not the same.

Radius of an earthquake, depth of impact inside the earth from an earthquake, and many other things are not equivalent to a hand grenade. It is an example used to explain something in laymen terms but it is not the same.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 13:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

...and this is so typical. Obama lies, liberals come out and say "well it was for your own good".

How is the effort to colonize Mars going?

Mmmm...Sparth and I are still combating our equine foes on the planet. The prototype for the space lasso is still in its infancy, but we are tirelessly slaving over it. Projections for colonization are contingent on ridding Mars of the infestation of galactic pegasuses? Pegasuseseses? Pegasi?

Note to self: Look up the plural form of "pegasus".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-30 13:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm...Sparth and I are still combating our equine foes on the planet. The prototype for the space lasso is still in its infancy, but we are tirelessly slaving over it. Projections for colonization are contingent on ridding Mars of the infestation of galactic pegasuses? Pegasuseseses? Pegasi?

Pegasuses or Pegasi.

(I can't believe I just looked that up.)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 13:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Pegasuses or Pegasi.

(I can't believe I just looked that up.)

I totally forgot about that too. Oldie but goodie.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-30 13:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Add winged horses to the 85 car pileup this thread has become.

We shoot for the stars, a 300 page thread or bust. There is still room to get weight loss, fascism, time travel and what you all had for breakfast in here!

(I had eggs 'n toast. Liberal eggs on liberal toast made from a union supported bakery in liberal New York where the liberal deer and liberal antelope play. Oh give me a liberal home where the liberal buffalo roam ... and the skies are liberal all day.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 13:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooooo you're saying you had French Toast?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 13:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys hear yourselves? Now, you've gone ahead and discredited the dictionary (lol).

Earthquake is a combination of the words earth and quake. Scientific nuance does not invalidate English. This is really simple stuff.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 13:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Add winged horses to the 85 car pileup this thread has become.

We shoot for the stars, a 999 page thread or bust. There is still room to get weight loss, fascism, time travel and what you all had for breakfast in here!

Now, that is a plan! Can we start taking bets on which mod will step in screaming, "999 pages!"
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-30 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

supersizing your happy meal

PARKER Edit: oh ***, now you've done it...
<sound of Nik crashing into the site>

THEY TOOK MY SUPERSIZE HAPPY MEAL AWAY!!! DIAF MORGAN SPURLOCK!!! /spittle flies off his lips while he is screaming

When I find that *** I will hire coke fiends to beat him with pipes until I get tired watching. And have you seen the tiny little pathetic serving of french fries wendy's gives you for $0.99!!? It's an abomination!!! You used to get enough fries to choke a horse NOW you get five fries in a little tiny box too small for children to enjoy. How long is it before we have to go to a *** museum to see food we used to eat!? FU food nazis!!!

You all suck! I'll murder every last one of ya! <insert the rant denis leary stole from bill hicks here> you dirty sonsabitches huddling in a circle passing around an empty fry box so you can take turns smelling it. They used to put salt on them!! they used to taste like meat! Now they can't even cook them in oil they gotta bake them in an oven!!!

They opened a new sore in town and do you now what it sells!? *** coca cola from mexico where they still make it with *** SUGAR!!! You gotta slink into this dank little warehouse like you're buying porn to get a *** soda made with sugar!

DON'T YOU SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!! /shakes you

Yeah!! let's all drive to washington dc so we can go to the smithsonian to see what food used to look like! I hear they have a twinkie on display!!! The password is doing "The Dougie" for the security guard. BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I'm sorry it's closed because the jerk offs we sent to washington can't decide which brand of condoms to wear when they rape us... WHAT IF SOME PEOPLE HAVE LATEX SENSITIVITIES!!!!

Quick Nausi! Drive the earthquake causing garbage truck around washington until they surrender!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-30 13:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys hear yourselves? Now, you've gone ahead and discredited the dictionary (lol).

Earthquake is a combination of the words earth and quake. Scientific nuance does not invalidate English. This is really simple stuff.

You cannot be serious.

Scientific nuance....seriously?

Pleebo says it best:
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You're just *** with me now, right?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 13:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You are debating the etymology of a word and not it's application to the issue you are debating... You're wrong, incredibly wrong, and you're grasping at straws. You're the one redefining the word and attempting to discredit the dictionary. You just posted a dictionary excerpt proving you wrong then proceeded to argue with it.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 13:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

but you can now!
for reals?
I complained that happy meals didn't allow me to obtain the girth I was looking for... They pointed me twoards the baconator but I told them that I wanted my toy too... after a sit in, days without a shower and some things I'm not proud of... the super sized happy meal is here! Though I think they just gave me the toy with whatever else I ordered...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 99 100 101