Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 99 100 101
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 10:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
Yeah pretty sure he's never said he found out about it in the newspaper lol... I think its pretty much playing politics though but I just keep thinking to myself while there probably are some things that may slip through the cracks there's just this idea that he couldn't know about anything lol...

Like with the spying on world leaders thing and the revelation of NIPF...

Like everything else no one knows everything... there isn't enough time in the day... I already expect that they're going to deny what I really tend to focus more on is how they're going to deal with it... but that's the problem these days... one side is always on the defense and the other is always looking for an opportunity to attack to serve their own agenda and nothing changes or gets fixed...
I agree with you that no one man can know everything about everything he is responsible for.

But I have yet to see him admit to even one thing!

Fast and Furious? Bush's fault
Solyndra? Bush's fault
Tepid growth after he came into office? Bush's fault
Bengazhi? Youtube vide...whoops, I mean phony scandal
ADP wiretapping? Bush's faul..I mean, phony scandal
IRS conservative targeting? Bush's faul...I mean, phony scandal
Obamacare? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal.
NRA spying on allies? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal. Also, Snowden's fault.

See the similarities?

None of those things are blamed on the Bush administration.. also the NRA isn't a government agency.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 10:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let Nausi post some links of Obama blaming everyone but himself for the failings of his own administration and policies.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 10:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let Nausi post some links of Obama blaming everyone but himself for the failings of his own administration and policies.

good luck with that since Amandarius and yourself never produce links to back up the slanted claims of the extreme right and then when Nausi posts a link it tends to back up opposing side of his argument.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-30 10:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.

While everyone waxes nostalgic over Reagan (cause Reaganomics has been great for us) or Clinton (because deregulation was great for us), I'll take Jimmy Carter, the man who isn't afraid to speak his mind even when groupthink takes hold in the American discussion.

This picture says it all.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 10:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah pretty sure he's never said he found out about it in the newspaper lol... I think its pretty much playing politics though but I just keep thinking to myself while there probably are some things that may slip through the cracks there's just this idea that he couldn't know about anything lol...

Like with the spying on world leaders thing and the revelation of NIPF...

Like everything else no one knows everything... there isn't enough time in the day... I already expect that they're going to deny what I really tend to focus more on is how they're going to deal with it... but that's the problem these days... one side is always on the defense and the other is always looking for an opportunity to attack to serve their own agenda and nothing changes or gets fixed...
I agree with you that no one man can know everything about everything he is responsible for.

But I have yet to see him admit to even one thing!

Fast and Furious? Bush's fault
Solyndra? Bush's fault
Tepid growth after he came into office? Bush's fault
Bengazhi? Youtube vide...whoops, I mean phony scandal
ADP wiretapping? Bush's faul..I mean, phony scandal
IRS conservative targeting? Bush's faul...I mean, phony scandal
Obamacare? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal.
NRA spying on allies? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal. Also, Snowden's fault.

See the similarities?

He hasn't blamed anything besides the financial crisis on Bush, and it was Bush's fault.
Fast and Furious - failed drug war
Solyndra - Free market capitalism
Bengazhi - tragic series of mistakes (embassy security isn't an executive concern)
Wiretapping - no excuse was given nor acceptable
IRS - again, low level people with an agenda, you can't attribute everything that happens in the US on Obama.
Obamacare - No sure what exactly you consider a scandal about ACA besides the terribad website.
NRA spying? I think you spent too much time polishing your rifle, spud.

Why bother to support any of the persecutionist babbling with facts?
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 10:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
"The most widely accepted explanation of how dams cause earthquakes is related to the extra water pressure created in the micro-cracks and fissures in the ground under and near a reservoir. When the pressure of the water in the rocks increases, it acts to lubricate faults which are already under tectonic strain, but are prevented from slipping by the friction of the rock surfaces." Water is heavy yo! I don't see the risk of a 7.x earthquake with fracking. It’s been known for decades that injecting fluids into the earth can lead to seismic activity. Previous studies have linked earthquakes to geothermal production. Fracking does inject/extract fluid in a manner similar to this but at a much much smaller scale. The whole notion that we shouldn't frack because it "causes earthquakes" is as I've said before, nonsense. The seismic activity is minimal and dwarfed by other avenues of "clean & green" power. If you stipulate that we cannot do fracking because of the risk of earthquakes then, to remain consistent we must also not build hydroelectric damns and play with geothermal power sources as well.
You don't see the risk? Well then I'm satisfied now... hey everybody! Nausi doesn't see the risk in it so it's ok now!

/shows report supporting that this kind of activity does yield this result
/says it does it at a lower rate so that makes it ok...
/ignores possible long term effects
Hey guys you can handle a few 2.0-4.0 but as long as it doesn't hit at least a 7.0 you're fine!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 10:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal: The “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan” compilation clip

Thats the best I can do right now king....
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 10:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Yeah pretty sure he's never said he found out about it in the newspaper lol... I think its pretty much playing politics though but I just keep thinking to myself while there probably are some things that may slip through the cracks there's just this idea that he couldn't know about anything lol... Like with the spying on world leaders thing and the revelation of NIPF... Like everything else no one knows everything... there isn't enough time in the day... I already expect that they're going to deny what I really tend to focus more on is how they're going to deal with it... but that's the problem these days... one side is always on the defense and the other is always looking for an opportunity to attack to serve their own agenda and nothing changes or gets fixed...
I agree with you that no one man can know everything about everything he is responsible for. But I have yet to see him admit to even one thing! Fast and Furious? Bush's fault Solyndra? Bush's fault Tepid growth after he came into office? Bush's fault Bengazhi? Youtube vide...whoops, I mean phony scandal ADP wiretapping? Bush's faul..I mean, phony scandal IRS conservative targeting? Bush's faul...I mean, phony scandal Obamacare? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal. NRA spying on allies? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal. Also, Snowden's fault. See the similarities?
He hasn't blamed anything besides the financial crisis on Bush, and it was Bush's fault. Fast and Furious - failed drug war Solyndra - Free market capitalism Bengazhi - tragic series of mistakes (embassy security isn't an executive concern) Wiretapping - no excuse was given nor acceptable IRS - again, low level people with an agenda, you can't attribute everything that happens in the US on Obama. Obamacare - No sure what exactly you consider a scandal about ACA besides the terribad website. NRA spying? I think you spent too much time polishing your rifle, spud.
Wiretapping he did avoid and appearantly said that the the info went through and the order was given through another alphabet soup label...

for Obamacare the only thing I can think of is that they're talking about the you will be able to keep your policy thing...

I think we all know he meant NSA lol...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-30 10:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So when do we give Snowden Obama's Nobel prize?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 10:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"The most widely accepted explanation of how dams cause earthquakes is related to the extra water pressure created in the micro-cracks and fissures in the ground under and near a reservoir. When the pressure of the water in the rocks increases, it acts to lubricate faults which are already under tectonic strain, but are prevented from slipping by the friction of the rock surfaces." Water is heavy yo! I don't see the risk of a 7.x earthquake with fracking. It’s been known for decades that injecting fluids into the earth can lead to seismic activity. Previous studies have linked earthquakes to geothermal production. Fracking does inject/extract fluid in a manner similar to this but at a much much smaller scale. The whole notion that we shouldn't frack because it "causes earthquakes" is as I've said before, nonsense. The seismic activity is minimal and dwarfed by other avenues of "clean & green" power. If you stipulate that we cannot do fracking because of the risk of earthquakes then, to remain consistent we must also not build hydroelectric damns and play with geothermal power sources as well.
You don't see the risk? Well then I'm satisfied now... hey everybody! Nausi doesn't see the risk in it so it's ok now!

/shows report supporting that this kind of activity does yield this result
/says it does it at a lower rate so that makes it ok...
/ignores possible long term effects
Hey guys you can handle a few 2.0-4.0 but as long as it doesn't hit at least a 7.0 you're fine!

Millions of quakes occur every year that are below 4.0 on the Richter scale. At some point on the scale the force is continuous, AKA a "continuous earthquake". The force grows exponentially as the scale increases. 4 is 10 times more powerful than 3 and 100 times more powerful than 2. As I said before, walking registers on the Richter scale, walking causes earthquakes.

Fracking has been around for decades too, we've seen most of the long term consequences, but there must be some other unknown we can point to as a boogeyman because we don't want people to have cheap fuel & energy now do we?

We can't afford to allow people THAT freedom and we certainly cant allow some people to PROFIT off of it (gasps) that's just criminal!!!!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 10:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"The most widely accepted explanation of how dams cause earthquakes is related to the extra water pressure created in the micro-cracks and fissures in the ground under and near a reservoir. When the pressure of the water in the rocks increases, it acts to lubricate faults which are already under tectonic strain, but are prevented from slipping by the friction of the rock surfaces."

Water is heavy yo! I don't see the risk of a 7.x earthquake with fracking.

It’s been known for decades that injecting fluids into the earth can lead to seismic activity. Previous studies have linked earthquakes to geothermal production.

Fracking does inject/extract fluid in a manner similar to this but at a much much smaller scale.

The whole notion that we shouldn't frack because it "causes earthquakes" is as I've said before, nonsense. The seismic activity is minimal and dwarfed by other avenues of "clean & green" power. If you stipulate that we cannot do fracking because of the risk of earthquakes then, to remain consistent we must also not build hydroelectric damns and play with geothermal power sources as well.

Ok Nausi literally fails at reading and science harder than anyone in the history of history.

"reservoir water lubricates existing faults" "Geothermal power uses way more water than Hydraulic Fracturing"

First off, if you build heavy structures on faults, you're going to disturb them, it has nothing to do with what they built, and nothing to do with hyrdo-electric power.

Secondly, Geothermal forces a lot of water down into the Earth, but it's inside of pipes in a closed system. That's how the system produces power, you moron. Post a 4 sentence article saying literally "in a certain time period, in a seismically active area, both the frequency of earthquakes and the amount of geothermal power produced went up" There is nothing that states a single correlation or any scientific research. The articles posted supporting the fact that frakking does cause earthquakes had actual proven theory on how and why and tons of accounts of it happening in non-seismically active areas.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 10:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we all know he meant NSA lol...

He'd never afford anyone he disagrees with the same understanding, that's a standard neo-con operating procedure...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 10:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"The most widely accepted explanation of how dams cause earthquakes is related to the extra water pressure created in the micro-cracks and fissures in the ground under and near a reservoir. When the pressure of the water in the rocks increases, it acts to lubricate faults which are already under tectonic strain, but are prevented from slipping by the friction of the rock surfaces."

It’s been known for decades that injecting fluids into the earth can lead to seismic activity. Previous studies have linked earthquakes to geothermal production.

Fracking does inject/extract fluid in a manner similar to this but at a much much smaller scale.

The whole notion that we shouldn't frack because it "causes earthquakes" is as I've said before, nonsense. The seismic activity is minimal and dwarfed by other avenues of "clean & green" power. If you stipulate that we cannot do fracking because of the risk of earthquakes then, to remain consistent we must also not build hydroelectric damns and play with geothermal power sources as well.

Ok Nausi literally fails at reading and science harder than anyone in the history of history.

"reservoir water lubricates existing faults" "Geothermal power uses way more water than Hydraulic Fracturing"

First off, if you build heavy structures on faults, you're going to disturb them, it has nothing to do with what they built, and nothing to do with hyrdo-electric power.

Secondly, Geothermal forces a lot of water down into the Earth, but it's inside of pipes in a closed system. That's how the system produces power, you moron. Post a 4 sentence article saying literally "in a certain time period, in a seismically active area, both the frequency of earthquakes and the amount of geothermal power produced went up" There is nothing that states a single correlation or any scientific research. The articles posted supporting the fact that frakking does cause earthquakes had actual proven theory on how and why and tons of accounts of it happening in non-seismically active areas.

Hey, you asked for proof, proof I provided, but it doesn't count because you doesn't like it I guess.

I never said fracking didn't cause earthquakes just that the argument of "Fracking causes earthquakes" as ammunition against fracking is nonsense.

Hydroelectric & geothermal power have contributed to greater seismic events than anything people have claimed fracking has, if fracking is bad because it causes earthquakes then so is hydroelectric and geothermal power.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 10:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The minimum standards is why they can't keep those plans. Posting a video of him saying it doesn't change the fact that it has been said by him and many others over and over that there is a minimum standard of coverage that plans must comply with. In fact, that's one of the portions of the bill that polled well even among conservatives.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 10:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

OMG *** YA.

considering Obama has followed the status quo to a T, I've been railing on & on about how it was undeserved.

In light of this awesome fuel you have added to my fire, I will staunchly support any wild, half-cooked, or far-fetched idea your mind can conjure up today.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 10:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

good luck with that since Amandarius and yourself never produce links to back up the slanted claims of the extreme right and then when Nausi posts a link it tends to back up opposing side of his argument.
Well, I could post youtube videos of the president saying "it isn't my fault" but you wouldn't accept it because of something fuzzy on 1:45 that was a fly buzzing around the lens.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 10:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't see the risk? Well then I'm satisfied now... hey everybody! Nausi doesn't see the risk in it so it's ok now! /shows report supporting that this kind of activity does yield this result /says it does it at a lower rate so that makes it ok... /ignores possible long term effects Hey guys you can handle a few 2.0-4.0 but as long as it doesn't hit at least a 7.0 you're fine!
Millions of quakes occur every year that are below 4.0 on the Richter scale. At some point on the scale the force is continuous, AKA a "continuous earthquake". The force grows exponentially as the scale increases. 4 is 10 times more powerful than 3 and 100 times more powerful than 2. As I said before, walking registers on the Richter scale, walking causes earthquakes. Fracking has been around for decades too, we've seen most of the long term consequences, but there must be some other unknown we can point to as a boogeyman because we don't want people to have cheap fuel & energy now do we? We can't afford to allow people THAT freedom and we certainly cant allow some people to PROFIT off of it (gasps) that's just criminal!!!!
I do love how you continue to compare walking on the ground as a comparison to measurable quakes lol... It's cute...

I also like how you compare naturally occuring instances to those caused by the hands of men... oh well stuff happens anyways lets continue on with our scorched earth policies... Write it off as nothing...

I love when it comes down to freedom for you... such a narrow focus on that word freedom too... because yeah we don't want people to have cheap fuel or make any kind of profits... yeah Nausi... that's what everyone wants lol... /sigh The selective freedoms of the conservative base! we will pick and choose what freedoms you can or can't have and if you oppose them then you are an enemy of freedom! Cause issues for the environment? Don't care makes things a little cheaper and I get to line my pockets! Want to get married? Well if your gay well we don't want you in our club... take subsidies for our businesses? Sure! give money to those in need? Those lazy *** are just taking advantage of the system!

The concern isn't stopping people from getting cheap energy or keeping others from making a profit... it's concern for the environment around us and the quality of life...
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-10-30 10:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

OMG *** YA.

considering Obama has followed the status quo to a T, I've been railing on & on about how it was undeserved.

In light of this awesome fuel you have added to my fire, I will staunchly support any wild, half-cooked, or far-fetched idea your mind can conjure up today.
Ditto! Atleast, Snowden earned it...

Tho I was rooting for the Paki girl to win it this year. Oh well... =/

Edit: cause I found this
Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.
Yep.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 10:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, you asked for proof, proof I provided, but it doesn't count because you doesn't like it I guess.

I never said fracking didn't cause earthquakes just that the argument of "Fracking causes earthquakes" as ammunition against fracking is nonsense.

Hydroelectric & geothermal power have contributed to greater seismic events than anything people have claimed fracking has, if fracking is bad because it causes earthquakes then so is hydroelectric and geothermal power.

You really need to spend less time entertaining liberal conspiracies and tugging to Alex Jones and learn the meaning of words you use. PROOF, you have provided none, not because I don't like your answer, but because you didn't provide it. Anecdotal links to seismic activity without any further study in seismically active areas is proof of nothing but coincidence. Geothermal wasn't linked to anything... here's an example and I'm done with you.

"between 1950 and 2000 a study found that the number of individuals who were openly gay rose, in the same time period the number of corndogs consumed annually increased" Nausi - "Corndogs make you gay! I have proof!"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 10:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I could post youtube videos of the president saying "it isn't my fault" but you wouldn't accept it because of something fuzzy on 1:45 that was a fly buzzing around the lens.

Pretty much. "This was clearly shopped!"
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Tho I was rooting for the Paki girl to win it this year. Oh well... =/

I've just passed it off as a big joke since they gave it to Obama for showing up.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 11:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

you could, but you won't. Which is the point.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You really need to spend less time entertaining liberal conspiracies and tugging to Alex Jones and learn the meaning of words you use. PROOF, you have provided none, not because I don't like your answer, but because you didn't provide it. Anecdotal links to seismic activity without any further study in seismically active areas is proof of nothing but coincidence. Geothermal wasn't linked to anything... here's an example and I'm done with you.

"between 1950 and 2000 a study found that the number of individuals who were openly gay rose, in the same time period the number of corndogs consumed annually increased" Nausi - "Corndogs make you gay! I have proof!"

and with this analogy Jass dismantles the carbon emissions causing global warming argument. Same exact bs. A and B exist therefore B caused A is illogical.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-30 11:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG *** YA.

Turn Detroit into a city of the future? Light cycles, hovercars and free wifi for everyone.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 11:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

and with this analogy Jass dismantles the carbon emissions causing global warming argument. Same exact bs. A and B exist therefore B caused A is illogical.

You're even less educated than Nausi, and that's astonishing...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 11:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG *** YA.

Turn Detroit into a city of the future? Light cycles, hovercars and free wifi for everyone.

Don't forget
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-30 11:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Correlation ≠ causation but it is a requirement for it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

because the same old tired tactic by liberals on here is
1) losing argument, demand a source be cited
2) after source is cited attack the source and mock it
3) ignore all the information in the provided source
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 11:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

because the same old tired tactic by liberals on here is
1) losing argument, demand a source be cited
2) after source is cited attack the source and mock it
3) ignore all the information in the provided source

you mean like how you have disregarded a 20 page link of published academic studies with one sentence and a 5 minute time stamp after said link was posted?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 11:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I do love how you continue to compare walking on the ground as a comparison to measurable quakes lol... It's cute...

A hand grenade explosion produces a "measurable quake" you know. You still just don't get the whole "scale" issue.

oh well stuff happens anyways lets continue on with our scorched earth policies... Write it off as nothing...
Cheap energy = scorched earth, that's the liberal mantra. We should stop drilling for oil too and burning coal cause that's bad. Everyone's lives would be so much better.

Cause issues for the environment? Don't care makes things a little cheaper and I get to line my pockets!

We live in the cleanest environment we've ever had in the industrial era bro. Unless you count the air we exhale as a pollutant.

Want to get married? Well if your gay well we don't want you in our club...
you are so intolerant of other's lifestyle that you want to make laws forcing them to accept yours. Marriage is a religious thing, has been for the entire history of the country. If you want to get married, find someone who'll do it for you, just don't force others who don't share that value to adopt it. You can't legislate morality bro...

take subsidies for our businesses? Sure!
I actually don't look for government favoritism/corporatism. But Obama certainly has plenty of corporations he's tipping the scales for.

give money to those in need? Those lazy *** are just taking advantage of the system!

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish for himself and you feed him for a lifetime. Welfare doesn't fight poverty, we have decades of proof that it only keeps people poor.

The concern isn't stopping people from getting cheap energy or keeping others from making a profit... it's concern for the environment around us and the quality of life...
Because everyone's quality of life would be so much better if we only just used a fraction of the energy we used now. You always fail to make that obvious connection.
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 99 100 101