Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-28 13:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
IPCC report published this year acknowledges the "mysterious" lack of warming over the last 15 years. You guys are just wrong, the UN recognizes the lack of atmospheric warming in their latest report. I'd suggest you were just ignorant, but willful ignorance is no longer just ignorance.
You are the expert on willful ignorance aren't ya...
But we are no closer to learning why and how global warming is taking affect now than we were 25+ years ago.

What have the scientists been doing all these years? Throwing keggers at the expense of taxpayer's money?

Pretty much just creating as much hysteria as they can in hopes to get to the front of the "scientific" funding camera. Anyone actually know how much we spend on this crap every year?

EDIT: Can we change the title of this thread to "The all encompassing liberal vs conservative thread!"? Shut em down is sooo 4 weeks ago...

Sorry Nik
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 13:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

IPCC report published this year acknowledges the "mysterious" lack of warming over the last 15 years. You guys are just wrong, the UN recognizes the lack of atmospheric warming in their latest report. I'd suggest you were just ignorant, but willful ignorance is no longer just ignorance.
But we are no closer to learning why and how global warming is taking affect now than we were 25+ years ago. What have the scientists been doing all these years? Throwing keggers at the expense of taxpayer's money?
Those keggers were fun...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 13:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But we are no closer to learning why and how global warming is taking affect now than we were 25+ years ago. What have the scientists been doing all these years? Throwing keggers at the expense of taxpayer's money?
Those keggers were fun...
Yeah, but when you wake up to a $10 billion dollar bill and a lady named John next to you with your *** hurting for some reason...

While it may be fun to spend it when you have it, it is never fun the morning after...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 13:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What have the scientists been doing all these years? Throwing keggers at the expense of taxpayer's money?

Who told you!?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 13:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So your sollution is to pump out more pollution even exceeding current levels and wait til we figure it out down the line?

This is like the whole fracking issue now too... oh its safe... it really is! We've only polluted some peoples water supplies and caused some quakes!

Oh that toxic waste? well it was cheaper to just toss it there!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 13:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Designing an inescapable FEMA camp where you'll be subjected to Obama's speeches, Al Gore, FDR's New Deal, Civil Rights propaganda, endless reruns of Will & Grace, Oprah, Bill Nye the Science Guy, DMV workers and mandatory healthcare programs.

The coup de grace will be the 4 hours of CSPAN per day you'll be required to watch in your prison cell.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 13:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So your sollution is to pump out more pollution even exceeding current levels and wait til we figure it out down the line?

This is like the whole fracking issue now too... oh its safe... it really is! We've only polluted some peoples water supplies and caused some quakes!

We can't let China continue to beat us in C02 emissions. If you're a real American, you'll join me as I drive an inefficient Hummer for freedom and democracy. We'll drive through a liberal community and do circles on those tree-hugging, bleeding heart punks.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lololololol

Daily Mail as a source. Couldn't find an Enquirer link? Get the *** out.

But for those buying into this new talking point, http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2013/09/the-new-ipcc-climate-report/

Relevant quotes:
Quote:
It is now considered even more certain (> 95%) that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. Natural internal variability and natural external forcings (eg the sun) have contributed virtually nothing to the warming since 1950 – the share of these factors was narrowed down by IPCC to ± 0.1 degrees.
Quote:
Those who have these data before their eyes can recognise immediately how misguided the big media attention for the “wiggles” of the curves towards the end has been. Short-term variations like this have always existed, and they always will. These are mostly random, they are (at least so far) not predictable, and the IPCC has never claimed to be able to make predictions for short periods of 10-15 years, precisely because these are dominated by such natural variations.
Quote:
The future warming by 2100 – with comparable emission scenarios – is about the same as in the previous report.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 13:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But we are no closer to learning why and how global warming is taking affect now than we were 25+ years ago.

Wrong.
Reflections On: Our Planet and Its Life, Origins, and Futures. A nice primer for anyone seriously interested in educating themselves on the topic.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If it as bad as you are saying, then why hasn't the EPA shut them down?

My point is, why are you telling me what to do about saving the world if you can't even explain why the world is in trouble and how I'm causing the world to be in trouble.

If you still think that we should all stop doing what we are doing because of pollution, then what is keeping people from telling others to stop driving cars because cars hit little kids? Stop flying in airplanes because airplanes could crash?

Sounds silly, but that is what the "climate" guys are doing...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 14:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Wrong.
Reflections On: Our Planet and Its Life, Origins, and Futures. A nice primer for anyone seriously interested in educating themselves on the topic.
That doesn't say anything.

Tell me why global warming has happened, and how it is my fault. Since you like to blame everything that ever happens on everyone but you.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 14:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL!!! Welcome to the FFXIAH forums new guy!!!!

interested in educating themselves
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 14:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So your sollution is to pump out more pollution even exceeding current levels and wait til we figure it out down the line? This is like the whole fracking issue now too... oh its safe... it really is! We've only polluted some peoples water supplies and caused some quakes! Oh that toxic waste? well it was cheaper to just toss it there!
If it as bad as you are saying, then why hasn't the EPA shut them down? My point is, why are you telling me what to do about saving the world if you can't even explain why the world is in trouble and how I'm causing the world to be in trouble. If you still think that we should all stop doing what we are doing because of pollution, then what is keeping people from telling others to stop driving cars because cars hit little kids? Stop flying in airplanes because airplanes could crash? Sounds silly, but that is what the "climate" guys are doing...
No they aren't lol... they are talking about managing our emissions not reverting to a pretechnological state lol...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-28 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So your sollution is to pump out more pollution even exceeding current levels and wait til we figure it out down the line? This is like the whole fracking issue now too... oh its safe... it really is! We've only polluted some peoples water supplies and caused some quakes! Oh that toxic waste? well it was cheaper to just toss it there!
If it as bad as you are saying, then why hasn't the EPA shut them down? My point is, why are you telling me what to do about saving the world if you can't even explain why the world is in trouble and how I'm causing the world to be in trouble. If you still think that we should all stop doing what we are doing because of pollution, then what is keeping people from telling others to stop driving cars because cars hit little kids? Stop flying in airplanes because airplanes could crash? Sounds silly, but that is what the "climate" guys are doing...
No they aren't lol... they are talking about managing our emissions not reverting to a pretechnological state lol...
Managing our emissions by taxing their generation. Make burning them so expensive that no one wants to do it. Once it is economically prohibitive, emissions will go down and the mounds of CO2 which haven't increased temps in the past 15 years will fall and i guess keep on NOT affecting temps some other way.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 14:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong.

Tell me why global warming has happened, and how it is my fault. Since you like to blame everything that ever happens on everyone but you.
Here you go
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 14:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is called Opportunity cost. You can't have one without the other...

What technology? Well, something has to be lost for that technology. Want cars that doesn't use gas? Well, now you have electric, what, you didn't want coal-powered electric? Now you have nuclear power, what didn't want another meltdown? Enjoy your brown/blackouts, what, you wanted to go to work? Enjoy using your gas-powered car.

See the point?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 14:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong.

Here you go

Maybe you should take your advice. Nothing in your article tells me why it is happening, and how to fix it. It just says that it is happening.

Maybe you should look this up...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 14:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So now when confronted with the information you asked for, you just feign obtuseness. Pathetic.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 14:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 14:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So now when confronted with the information you asked for, you just feign obtuseness. Pathetic.

It's obvious he didn't read the article or see the section that explains a why to the how given the time stamps of his responses. Him using the same "let me google that for you" search is indicative that he has zero originality in his bones.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 14:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It is called Opportunity cost. You can't have one without the other... What technology? Well, something has to be lost for that technology. Want cars that doesn't use gas? Well, now you have electric, what, you didn't want coal-powered electric? Now you have nuclear power, what didn't want another meltdown? Enjoy your brown/blackouts, what, you wanted to go to work? Enjoy using your gas-powered car. See the point?
You don't really seem to be making a point other than what seems to be trying to make a ridiculous argument that makes no sense...

I said they are working towards managing our emissions... not looking to wipe out the current form of life as we know it... which seems to be the path you think they are intent on lol...

Taking the path that pretty much says hey... I don't really understand something so what I'm going to do is do it as much as possible until we do finally completely understand it then well hell we'll deal with it then... Does it really seem like a good idea to you to use something to excess when you don't even understand its effects? Not to mention that we're eventually going to have to ween ourselves off this power source eventually anyways as it is a limited resource... conservation isn't always a bad idea...

we're in such a rush to turn a profit or get something that day that we tend to ignore whatever the impact may be because we can't really say for sure until we get there... or do we even care because it won't affect our generation only those beyond us...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Your source does not say why or how global warming is happening. All it says is that it is happening based on data collected, and what it is projected for the future.

The popular idea of CO2 being produced is causing it, but hasn't CO2 been produced far longer and in greater quantities than man-made? Cows crapping everywhere and volcano's exploding and everything has nothing to do with global warming, and it is all man-made?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 14:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm waiting for is the fact that nobody knows why or how global warming is happening. I guess that I will be waiting a long time for certain liberals on this website to admit that they have no idea why they are supporting something that they so strongly believe in but do not know how to fix it...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 14:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My god, the goalposts are phasing in and out of this dimension.

The argument was first that 'climate change isn't happening' then it's 'well im not causing it' then it's 'why is it happening?' then well 'oppurtunity cost herpderp' and now its a conspiracy for taxation and research grants.

I think we all know that we can't just cut off fossil fuels tomorrow because the bang you get per barrel of crude is just too great but that has NOTHING to do with the argument of anthropocentric climate change or what to do about it. Neither does it have anything to do with the dangers of hydrofracking or environmental degradation caused by certain business practices.

You can easily arrive at the conclusion that man is influencing the environment and we should do nothing as much as you could arrive at some complex taxation scheme or some neo-hippie 'protect the lifestream' bit.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 14:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure I just read a lot more of the actual report than any of you did and I'm sorry. When we are talking about measurements as small as 0.2 degrees I just do not have much faith in that kind of preciseness when the estimating globe-wide temperatures from over 150 years ago. They mention early in the report how the techniques for measuring these factors really emerged after 1950 and subsequently that is also when we start to see an increase in the temperature; 0.4 degrees since the 50's according t their estimates. And I really have zero faith in their ice measurements especially going back. Not being obtuse, there is just no way they were measuring it 100 years ago with any type of precision like today.

It's no coincidence that as out technology improves and our insatiable desire to witness the earth warming that their data shows and increase. The methods by each decade for collecting data are not even a little bit similar and mostly estimated, I'm sure not on the warmer end when rounding the possible .1 or .2 wouldn't you agree?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 14:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like you morons don't seem to understand that the green trend has resulted in many billions of dollars in revenue generated by Americans becoming environmentally conscious due to the efforts of many a hippie and environmentally conscious individuals.

Organic, free-range, locally sourced, non-GMO you name it. How many people have been able to now generate a decent income stream simply selling some product they made in their backyard because some American out there wants to support the ecosystem rather than a large multinational corporation? Why ***on Americans being independent rather than being ball and chained? Aren't you supposed to be so patriotic and 'pro free enterprise'?

Well, this movement is generating free enterprise and you're the obstructionists.

If you think it's all *** then simply continue to buy the factory produced, low price, 'we wont tell you whats in this' products from your local general store.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

we're in such a rush to turn a profit or get something that day that we tend to ignore whatever the impact may be because we can't really say for sure until we get there... or do we even care because it won't affect our generation only those beyond us...

Yeah OK 17 trillion in national debt.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 14:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

They should have enlisted Cudi for tourism

Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 15:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah organic food is a scam too, but I'll leave you hippies to your self-high fives there. Because at least you don't effect me with that bs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Yeah OK 17 trillion in national debt.

It's 17 Trillion of FIAT Currency. It could be 17 Centillion it wouldn't matter since it's make believe and has no intrinsic value unless people believe it has value... oh and as long as the issuing government is taxing it.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101