Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-10 11:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Right, the toddler wont eat anything but spaghettios with meatballs, so unless you give him what exactly he wants (remember he's not willing to negotiate) its your fault he won't eat. That's the most flawed reasoning ever.
So what about not wanting to accept a budget without defunding Obamacare? Is it a double standard in your reasoning?
Radicals never admit to double standards.
To be fair most people are open to double standards when the outcome reflects what they want it to... I think most of us have been open to it without coming near the stage of becoming a radical...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 11:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, the toddler wont eat anything but spaghettios with meatballs, so unless you give him what exactly he wants (remember he's not willing to negotiate) its your fault he won't eat.

That's the most flawed reasoning ever.

So what about not wanting to accept a budget without defunding Obamacare? Is it a double standard in your reasoning?
So, you are saying that, if you are going to feed your child anything, you have to also feed them rotten food (Obamacare)?

How is that double standard?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 11:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
and you talk about republicans campaigning on it? well the ACA is what Obama campaigned on lol... They have offered paths that will not pass... Why don't you get this? Lets just say this... how awful is the repulican party to the people that even though you claim that everyone hates that ACA they still put obama back in office over your candidate lol... This shutdown is the republicans fault... they knew they had no chance to shutdown the ACA... they knew it... other conservatives knew it too... yet they went along with this plan anyways lol... they know they can't get rid of it so they're going to try and get some publicity out of this and try to use that in upcoming elections saying things that you're saying lol... ridiculous as it is people like yourself eat it up lol... stamp your feet as much as you like the ACA isn't going away...

yeah because the opposition has always rolled over when bush, clinton, reagan and nixon won re-elction LOL

what did I tell you about regurgitating talking points!!!

/frypan
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 11:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, the toddler wont eat anything but spaghettios with meatballs, so unless you give him what exactly he wants (remember he's not willing to negotiate) its your fault he won't eat. That's the most flawed reasoning ever.
Radicals never admit to double standards.
To be fair most people are open to double standards when the outcome reflects what they want it to... I think most of us have been open to it without coming near the stage of becoming a radical...

Except that moderates accept that double standards are part of the process even when they don't benefit them, but radicals will never admit that double standards exist when they are the beneficiaries.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 11:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that's a terrible anology... the sphagettios and meatballs have already been consumed... now you're asking him to throw it up because you really didn't want him to eat the sphagettios and meatballs it was supposed to be hotdogs in there so he has to throw it up now and start over... The meatballs were for the people we liked! Edit: and you talk about republicans campaigning on it? well the ACA is what Obama campaigned on lol... They have offered paths that will not pass... Why don't you get this? Lets just say this... how awful is the repulican party to the people that even though you claim that everyone hates that ACA they still put obama back in office over your candidate lol... This shutdown is the republican's fault... they knew they had no chance to shutdown the ACA... they knew it... other conservatives knew it too... yet they went along with this plan anyways lol... they know they can't get rid of it so they're going to try and get some publicity out of this and try to use that in upcoming elections saying things that you're saying lol... ridiculous as it is people like yourself eat it up lol... stamp your feet as much as you like the ACA isn't going away...
It's flawed reasoning in this case because you ALREADY GAVE HIM the sphagettios and meatballs... he ALREADY HAS IT... now you want to take it away from him... its not like he's pushing for it now and saying give me my motherfucking sphagettios with the *** meatballs or I won't move forward... He's saying I already ate the damn sphagettios you gave me I'm not going to throw it up...

The pubs are stamping their feet and going on saying that they will not move forward unless you throw up those sphagettios and meatballs because even though it was already given to you... we don't want you to have it anymore... so throw it up or we won't move forward...

Edit: It's not my problem they made unatainable campaign promises... but really what politician doesn't?
Nonono. This congress did not give him that legislation, therefore as they are the current parents in this analogy they cannot have already given him the spaghetti and meatballs. The toddler was out with his crazy aunt (congress lead by Nancy Pelosi) and she promised him his parents would give him spaghettios and meatballs when he got home.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 11:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Right, the toddler wont eat anything but spaghettios with meatballs, so unless you give him what exactly he wants (remember he's not willing to negotiate) its your fault he won't eat.

So, you are saying that, if you are going to feed your child anything, you have to also feed them rotten food (Obamacare)?

How is that double standard?

ACA isn't rotten food, at its worst it is ineffective.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 11:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that's a terrible anology... the sphagettios and meatballs have already been consumed... now you're asking him to throw it up because you really didn't want him to eat the sphagettios and meatballs it was supposed to be hotdogs in there so he has to throw it up now and start over... The meatballs were for the people we liked! Edit: and you talk about republicans campaigning on it? well the ACA is what Obama campaigned on lol... They have offered paths that will not pass... Why don't you get this? Lets just say this... how awful is the repulican party to the people that even though you claim that everyone hates that ACA they still put obama back in office over your candidate lol... This shutdown is the republican's fault... they knew they had no chance to shutdown the ACA... they knew it... other conservatives knew it too... yet they went along with this plan anyways lol... they know they can't get rid of it so they're going to try and get some publicity out of this and try to use that in upcoming elections saying things that you're saying lol... ridiculous as it is people like yourself eat it up lol... stamp your feet as much as you like the ACA isn't going away...
It's flawed reasoning in this case because you ALREADY GAVE HIM the sphagettios and meatballs... he ALREADY HAS IT... now you want to take it away from him... its not like he's pushing for it now and saying give me my motherfucking sphagettios with the *** meatballs or I won't move forward... He's saying I already ate the damn sphagettios you gave me I'm not going to throw it up...

The pubs are stamping their feet and going on saying that they will not move forward unless you throw up those sphagettios and meatballs because even though it was already given to you... we don't want you to have it anymore... so throw it up or we won't move forward...

Edit: It's not my problem they made unatainable campaign promises... but really what politician doesn't?
Nonono. This congress did not give him that legislation, therefore as they are the current parents in this analogy they cannot have already given him the spaghetti and meatballs. The toddler was out with his crazy aunt (congress lead by Nancy Pelosi) and she promised him his parents would give him spaghettios and meatballs when he got home.

considering congress has a 91% incumbency rate, this congress isn't exactly a different congress. Its more like mommy lost her foot and got a prosthetic with crazy ideas.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-10 11:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you are saying that, if you are going to feed your child anything, you have to also feed them rotten food (Obamacare)? How is that double standard?
Just because you see it as rotten doesn't make it so... It has already been through the gauntlet too... Should the government shut down every time the other side does something they don't like?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-10 11:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Burn a couch! Roll a car over! Get mad and do something!!!!

bbl!

>:D

; ;

I wussed out.

I was in a totally different town, too.

I'm just an upstanding pillar of the community, I guess.

so shameful.....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 11:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you are saying that, if you are going to feed your child anything, you have to also feed them rotten food (Obamacare)? How is that double standard?
Just because you see it as rotten doesn't make it so... It has already been through the gauntlet too... Should the government shut down every time the other side does something they don't like?

YES!!!!!!!!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 11:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that isn't true. One of the CRs delay-ed the implementation of the individual mandate for a year, one simply removed a congressional subsidy that specifically insulated members of congress and the executive branch from any additional costs of Obamacare. Both of those options fully funded the ACA, they were unacceptable.

Also, not to be picky but we're not talking about a budget here we're talking about a continuing resolution, there is a substantial, notable difference between the two.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 11:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

considering congress has a 91% incumbency rate, this congress isn't exactly a different congress. Its more like mommy lost her foot and got a prosthetic with crazy ideas.
Since 2010? Remember, the House of Representatives have changed hands 2 times since Obamacare was passed...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 11:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone conveniently forgets the massive "kick the bums out" movement of the 2010 midterms.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 11:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they shouldn't.

But when you pass a bill that the opposing side had no say or even had a chance to contribute to because the other side had a super-majority (Dems had a super-majority in both the House and Senate in 2009-2010, just in case you forgot) and could effectively pass any bill they want with ZERO opposition (which is the only way Obamacare actually got passed), then don't blame the other side for taking any and all routes available to them.

This is just one route they have/had taken.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-10 11:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Burn a couch! Roll a car over! Get mad and do something!!!!

bbl!

>:D

; ;

I wussed out.

I was in a totally different town, too.

I'm just an upstanding pillar of the community, I guess.

so shameful.....

You should have gone through with it. All those synthetic fibers make for some pretty colors. If you're lucky, you might see a nude frat-daddy goober try to firewalk with a tequila bottle in hand and eat it! Good times! =D
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-10 11:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they shouldn't.

But when you pass a bill that the opposing side had no say or even had a chance to contribute to because the other side had a super-majority (Dems had a super-majority in both the House and Senate in 2009-2010, just in case you forgot) and could effectively pass any bill they want with ZERO opposition (which is the only way Obamacare actually got passed), then don't blame the other side for taking any and all routes available to them.

lie
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-10 11:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's flawed reasoning in this case because you ALREADY GAVE HIM the sphagettios and meatballs... he ALREADY HAS IT... now you want to take it away from him... its not like he's pushing for it now and saying give me my motherfucking sphagettios with the *** meatballs or I won't move forward... He's saying I already ate the damn sphagettios you gave me I'm not going to throw it up... The pubs are stamping their feet and going on saying that they will not move forward unless you throw up those sphagettios and meatballs because even though it was already given to you... we don't want you to have it anymore... so throw it up or we won't move forward... Edit: It's not my problem they made unatainable campaign promises... but really what politician doesn't?
Are you serious? in any case... going forward... whether this congress... the prvious or one a hundred years ago... it's already been eaten up and digested... and we've moved past that point... no amount of pouting from the otehr side is going to get that to change... He's not gonna throw it up...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 11:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Since 2010? Remember, the House of Representatives have changed hands 2 times since Obamacare was passed...

how many of the 435 members of congress need to be defeated in an election for the majority to change? The incumbency rate has dropped slightly since 2000, actually, but not significantly. It really doesn't take even as much of a sway as we have had to account for a change in majority
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 11:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone conveniently forgets the massive "kick the bums out" movement of the 2010 midterms.

You mean the kick the bums out movement that put the incumbency rate to it's lowest point in 4 years?! The truth is, the 2012 election incumbency rate was only slightly below the historical average, still over 90% and higher than the 50 year low of the 2008 elections.

history of reelection in the house and senate.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 12:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's flawed reasoning in this case because you ALREADY GAVE HIM the sphagettios and meatballs... he ALREADY HAS IT... now you want to take it away from him... its not like he's pushing for it now and saying give me my motherfucking sphagettios with the *** meatballs or I won't move forward... He's saying I already ate the damn sphagettios you gave me I'm not going to throw it up... The pubs are stamping their feet and going on saying that they will not move forward unless you throw up those sphagettios and meatballs because even though it was already given to you... we don't want you to have it anymore... so throw it up or we won't move forward... Edit: It's not my problem they made unatainable campaign promises... but really what politician doesn't?
Are you serious? in any case... going forward... whether this congress... the prvious or one a hundred years ago... it's already been eaten up and digested... and we've moved past that point... no amount of pouting from the otehr side is going to get that to change... He's not gonna throw it up...

Research the term "Power of the Purse", congressional Democrats used it in 1974 to effectively end the Vietnam War by cutting all of our funding for the south Vietnamese military. The president wanted more money for it (spaghetti-os and meatballs), congress refused to serve him some.

What really gets me about this shutdown is that the very people who want you to believe the government is the solution to all your healthcare woes, problems, and concerns (democrats), are the very people that are willing to inflict as much pain on you as possible in order to secure their power.

Why do you all insist of giving them more control over your life.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-10 12:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

dis thread
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 12:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

because at long last democrats won forever and now there will never be a republican in control of their lives...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 12:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No, they shouldn't.

lie
What part? That the 111th congress didn't have 59 Dem Senators or 255 Dem Reps? (Compared to 41 Republican Senators or 179 Republican Reps)

That Obamacare was passed with zero votes from Republicans?

That Obama didn't even allow Republicans to contribute to Obamacare, because he knew he had to get this passed as quickly as possible before the public really can see what's going on?

Or is that all fabricated by Limbaugh and Fox News and Bush? That never really happened and they are all lying to make the liberals look bad?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 12:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Research the term "Power of the Purse", congressional Democrats used it in 1974 to effectively end the Vietnam War by cutting all of our funding for the south Vietnamese military. The president wanted more money for it (spaghetti-os and meatballs), congress refused to serve him some.

What really gets me about this shutdown is that the very people who want you to believe the government is the solution to all your healthcare woes, problems, and concerns (democrats), are the very people that are willing to inflict as much pain on you as possible in order to secure their power.

Except that was a congressional budget, not a purposeful shutdown of the government. Whole different ball of wax, bubba.

Your argument is dead, let the strawman rest in peace.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 12:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the kick the bums out movement that put the incumbency rate to it's lowest point in 4 years?! The truth is, the 2012 election incumbency rate was only slightly below the historical average, still over 90% and higher than the 50 year low of the 2008 elections.

history of reelection in the house and senate.

Quit digging your own hole. Congress passed this monstrosity, then suffered the lowest incumbancy rate when 61 seats changed hands in the house during the 2010 election. That's more than any other election in the last 30 years (and I only looked back 30 years).
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-10 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they shouldn't.

lie
What part? That the 111th congress didn't have 59 Dem Senators or 255 Dem Reps? (Compared to 41 Republican Senators or 179 Republican Reps)

That Obama didn't even allow Republicans to contribute to Obamacare
, because he knew he had to get this passed as quickly as possible before the public really can see what's going on?

Or is that all fabricated by Limbaugh and Fox News and Bush? That never really happened and they are all lying to make the liberals look bad?
That one.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 12:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that was a congressional budget, not a purposeful shutdown of the government. Whole different ball of wax, bubba.

Your argument is dead, let the strawman rest in peace.

Right as though if FORD had not signed it into law and pointed his fingers at the democrats, you would be cutting him some slack.

Give me a break!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-10 12:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

/clears throat

Pleebo, in the words of the great PM, Winston Churchill, "Never let a good couch burning go to waste."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 12:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they shouldn't.

lie

That Obama didn't even allow Republicans to contribute to Obamacare
, because he knew he had to get this passed as quickly as possible before the public really can see what's going on?

That one.
Prove me wrong.

What did the Republicans contribute to a bill they didn't want?
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101