Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 13:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Awww <3

Just for that I'll give you a heads up that the Erotic Cheese Art Foundation is really a front for smuggling enriched uranium into Iran. ^_^

I KNEW it! I gotcha now Pleebo! I'm calling my friend in the NSA.

...[it's ringing]....

Ohshi... he's been furloughed!
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Awww <3

Just for that I'll give you a heads up that the Erotic Cheese Art Foundation is really a front for smuggling enriched uranium into Iran. ^_^

I KNEW it! I gotcha now Pleebo! I'm calling my friend in the NSA.

...[it's ringing]....

Ohshi... he's been furloughed!

Didn't think you need to call them! SHUT UP FUMIKU DONT OPEN MORE WORMS!
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, For the past 4 years the entire list of polling against this bill is entirely invalid.

Gotcha! Can you speak a little louder? I can't hear you with your head THAT far in the sand.

Say it with me, "the people don't want obamacare".

Time to get over it and move on with it because its here and its not going anywhere. People have wanted a new healthcare system for a long time now and we have one. All of America has the ACA so lets work to perfect it. Millions of people are happy Obamacare is here and millions of people want it to do more, 4 years of polling reflect that. Sorry that the other side doesn't exist like the Tea Party wishes, they aren't going to get their way at all no matter how hard they cry.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 13:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Time to get over it and move on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!!

/bombvest
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Time to get over it and move on with it because its here and its not going anywhere. People have wanted a new healthcare system for a long time now and we have one. All of America has the ACA so lets work to perfect it. Millions of people are happy Obamacare is here and millions of people want it to do more, 4 years of polling reflect that. Sorry that the other side doesn't exist like the Tea Party wishes, they aren't going to get their way at all no matter how hard they cry.

I really don't know what info you look at, but everything I see looking at social sites and and forums show otherwise......
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 13:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides, the nefarious Plan "B" has already been devised!

Our new ad...

"Every time someone signs up for Obamacare, an angel dies"
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-04 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
EDIT: Ah I see, this is where you retreat to your corner and say that inconvenient facts aren't really facts.

'Only the two polls I like are valid'

Polls with an actual methodology are the only valid polls. Polls from fox, cnn, msnbc, etc are crap and should never be viewed as anything but partisian.

If you've taken a statistics course you should know this.

Right so the vetting RCP does for it's polls is far inferior to yours?

How are these my polls? They come from your link. From what I can see they did no vetting, merely reposting the polls and give an average of all of them.

Have you looked at the questions fox news asked?
Quote:
How concerned are you that Congress will pass health care reform legislation that will be bad for you and your family?

How concerned are you that Congress will fail to pass health care reform legislation and leave many Americans uninsured?

Those are biased, leading questions. If I ever made a questionnaire like that I would be laughed out of work.

edit: I should say that there were no opposite questions listed. Are you happy about the health care law? (<-- not a good question example either but would be the opposite here)

Right, For the past 4 years the entire list of polling against this bill is entirely invalid.

Gotcha! Can you speak a little louder? I can't hear you with your head THAT far in the sand.

except for that part that lists the # of people polled for the results. The most was 3500 with +/- 17 against(Rasmussen), then the next highest is 2973 people with the +/- of 4 in favor (Gallup). There is no indication of geographical location of the polls either. Which leaves the window of scrunity open that the pollers are polling in places to acheive the result they desire. An educated person can't truly say that any of the results of these polls represent the combined total opinion of 316,783,000 people.
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I really don't know what info you look at, but everything I see looking at social sites and and forums show otherwise......

I will say I want it to do more though!
By Zerowone 2013-10-04 13:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Our new ad...

Thats not gonna stop Atheists and the Satanists from signing up.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 14:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-04 14:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww <3

So, why you want us to vote for the lizard people? Everyone knows the last dynasty of Shahs of Iran and their contemporaries are lizard people! YOU CAN'T BE A FENCE-SITTER, PLEEBO! Are we reverse Ayatollah Khomeini-ing or not!?!

What do you know that we don't? Is this presidency already on thin ice? What's your stake in all this?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-04 14:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 14:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, the polls I listed, the numbers I listed, came from your link.

Polls from fox, cnn, msnbc are not valid. If you think they are I highly recommend a basic statistics course.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

Our new ad...

they and the nihilists were on our side already...kinda
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 14:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

except for that part that lists the # of people polled for the results. The most was 3500 with +/- 17 against(Rasmussen), then the next highest is 2973 people with the +/- of 4 in favor (Gallup). There is no indication of geographical location of the polls either. Which leaves the window of scrunity open that the pollers are polling in places to acheive the result they desire. An educated person can't truly say that any of the results of these polls represent the combined total opinion of 316,783,000 people.

Rasmussen uses a random geographical generator and quinnipiac polled 9 states. The others, I have no idea. Some were call in polls.

But yes, none of these polls would have been accepted into a journal article in economics, marketing, or data analysis (at least not reputable ones).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 14:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

By Zerowone 2013-10-04 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Our new ad...

they and the nihilists were on our side already...kinda

I knew the right wing radical christains where in the bag because they believe the power of prayer is > healthcare. Satanists and Atheists being in the bag that was a shocker. Nihilists not so much since they believe in nothing which would indicate they don't believe in health cares:

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, the polls I listed, the numbers I listed, came from your link.

Some people like the hypothetical obamacare they promised us in the beginning with the not costing anything extra and the won't have to change your doctor stuff....

and

Some people will accept the actual obamacare which will cost a lot and suck.

However, let me assure you that nobody will like the REAL obamacare that give babies cancer and aids beamed down from the international space station.

THAT WILL NEVER FLY JACK!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 14:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no reasonable counter-argument or understanding of how statistics can lie
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 14:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I refuse to accept 4 years of polling data that doesn't fit my narrow viewpoint.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-04 14:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Reverse Ayatollah Khomeini sounds like a gnarly sex position. I guess the girl would be on top while the hostages watch?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 14:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Reverse Ayatollah Khomeini sounds like a gnarly sex position. I guess the girl would be on top while the hostages watch?
I think that was a move "Hacksaw Jim Duggin" used in Wrestlemania 3 to win a match against the Ultimate Warrior?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with your sentiment that polling is all in how you ask the question...

But we are talking about americans here who historically have put a heavy strain on mathmatics and reason....

we have snake handing religions for christsakes that think drinking poison out of mason jars is a good idea...

do you really want us to base important decisions on pols?

I didn't think so!
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-04 15:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

we have snake handing religions for christsakes that think drinking poison out of mason jars is a good idea...

Random factoid:

This is a palor trick, but a very intelligent one. Something I learned from professor in Zoology and Marine Biology in my studies. Rattlesnake poison is a neurotoxin, though pit vipers are hemotoxic. Venom apparently does not have adverse effects if ingested. UNLESS there is on open lesion in the gastro intestinal system i.e an Ulcer. But ultimately the drinking of neurtoxic or hemotoxic snake venom is a parlor trick.

Edited: Mesotoxic venom on the other hand is deadly.
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 15:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Random factoid:

This is a palor trick, but a very intelligent one. Something I learned from professor in Zoology and Marine Biology in my studies. Rattlesnake poison is a neurotoxin, though pit vipers are hemotoxic. Venom apparently does not have adverse effects if ingested. UNLESS there is on open lesion in the gastro intestinal system i.e an Ulcer. But ultimately the drinking of neurtoxic or hemotoxic snake venom is a parlor trick.

Something else I learned!
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 15:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fumiku said: »

Random factoid:

Something else I learned!

But apparently I have still not learned how to quote.... <(_._)>
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-04 15:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only that, but I think the "gnarly" would come in the form of a beard of some sort. But whose? BUM BUM BUM!

I think that was a move "Hacksaw Jim Duggin" used in Wrestlemania 3 to win a match against the Ultimate Warrior?

Is that the guy in the old Slim Jim commercials?
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-04 16:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Something interesting just happened. Sure it's the huffington post..but the HOT MIC video capture is revealing!!!!

or if you are one of those types who refuses to read the huffpost because it offends your sensibilities here's the source of the report, WPSD 6
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 16:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Is that the guy in the old Slim Jim commercials?
For shame! That was Macho Man Randy Savage!

He dead...
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-10-04 18:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

He died the day the "Rapture" was supposed to come several years ago.

He took a big bullet for us, and forever shall we say "Snap into a Slim Jim!" with as much ferocity as he once did.

R.I.P.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 99 100 101