user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well we can't check weather til update... go go magian specs upgrade ftw lol
npc. check there before heading out.
Doesn't work for past zones.

I still think it's funny when peopel go "I was there for 6 hours and no weather!! You are wrong that zone sucks" And I just go did you check weather before leaving...? Hell I have mules near weather checkers so I don't have to go back in 3 hours to check
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-05 04:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well we can't check weather til update... go go magian specs upgrade ftw lol
npc. check there before heading out.
Doesn't work for past zones.

I still think it's funny when peopel go "I was there for 6 hours and no weather!! You are wrong that zone sucks" And I just go did you check weather before leaving...? Hell I have mules near weather checkers so I don't have to go back in 3 hours to check
I has access to a second account...it has use for something besides being a cor and making me the buff master 9000.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, i'm officially giving up on this yovra soloing ***.. my bliz 4's were only doing 1100 with day of the week PLUS weather boost with obi on... this is just not my day to solo I guess...idk what I'm doing wrong..but it started hitting me for 400s when my gear got stripped, needless to say it killed me in 3 hits, very quickly... yet it was only doing 100s with gear on.. i dont get how it accounted for THAT much dmg, when def isn't the greatest stat to boost....

once it resisted sleep I was toast, cuz I couldn't cast *** ><
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

God I love cowboy beebop music. The scene with this just popped up.

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

that anime has amazing music
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

People underestimate defense effects. Especially the lack of def
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well i get cocoon being good as it like doubles your def (or x 1.5 w/e i rarely use it on blu), but my def while naked was 129 and def with my nuke gear is 279, now that might sound like a lot, but thats gonna make me take triple dmg per hit? word?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

either way..this soloing Yovra ***is for the birds... I can't see how a 75 sch/rdm could possibly get that done, when I get STOMPED ON at 80 in 5s flat if i'm not careful, and I die in time eventually anyways, due to resist builds.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-05 04:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ah needs an archive section.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/2840/pinoy-is-dead-lets-start-a-new-one-with-over-9000/
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well i get cocoon being good as it like doubles your def (or x 1.5 w/e i rarely use it on blu), but my def while naked was 129 and def with my nuke gear is 279, now that might sound like a lot, but thats gonna make me take triple dmg per hit? word?
Probably not by itself. Though it also could've just happening to hit the higher pdifs then too. Also you probably lost vit and some pdt.

Doing the math the change in def should be around 1.5-2 dmg. Kinda depends a bit on how closely the mobs follow our formulas and just how high it's attack is so if you are capping etc.

If you are actualy taking hits though you should eat def food. Any rdm soloist (who have alot less in the way of nukes and dmg and elmental skill) will tell you the same
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
either way..this soloing Yovra ***is for the birds... I can't see how a 75 sch/rdm could possibly get that done, when I get STOMPED ON at 80 in 5s flat if i'm not careful, and I die in time eventually anyways, due to resist builds.
Movement speed + blink jaing alacrity to ensure you never take a single hit.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-05 04:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a little bummed out that I missed the famous page 9000 cause I was at work.

At least I had the victory 7777 page <3
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Though it also could've just happening to hit the higher pdifs then too. Also you probably lost vit and some pdt.

nope...not 1 bit of vit lost or PDT, I was in my full nuke gear /shrug... it double crit once i dropped gear from that move for 392 and 485 when its highest crit prior was 302... damn those things are annoying as hell... no more solo attempts for me...this damn sure aint possible at 75, i think that wiki user used some hax lol..no way to have that kind of mp pool (no meds were listed) AND that kind of floored resist rate for that long, because with 300+ ele skill AND ebul, my highest bliz 4 with obi and day of the way and HQ staff was 1345...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

gaiters weren't mentioned, and its hard to kite that thing, to where it doesn't regen to 100, as the land masses are small and the area around the yovra pop has a LOT of manta ray (some people call um sharks) mobs... so I just can't see how this is done at 75...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
gaiters weren't mentioned, and its hard to kite that thing, to where it doesn't regen to 100, as the land masses are small and the area around the yovra pop has a LOT of manta ray (some people call um sharks) mobs... so I just can't see how this is done at 75...
I think gaiters are assumed.

I've done it on blm at 75. But I zerg. But really as long as you can keep up with it's regen with your dots you can eventually kill it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't see how a very long fight is possible, with its resist rates to everything with 300+ skill (some people mentioned just DoT'ing it to death). I also don't see how the MP management is possible. I have 750 max mp, as a hume 80 sch/40 rdm (not gimp sub) with 8/8 merit merits in my nuke gear... I just can't see how the mp management is possible to kill it with straight DoT >_< I must really be missing something stupid easy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I just don't see how a very long fight is possible, with its resist rates to everything with 300+ skill (some people mentioned just DoT'ing it to death). I also don't see how the MP management is possible. I have 750 max mp, as a hume 80 sch/40 rdm (not gimp sub) with 8/8 merit merits in my nuke gear... I just can't see how the mp management is possible to kill it with straight DoT >_< I must really be missing something stupid easy.
Because they weren't relying on grav/bind to stay alive.

And how aren't you maintaining mp straight dotting? Alot of schs I know just dot things forever and spend extra mp on nukes. You should be able to maintain mp better than a rdm
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'm using gravi/bind as I dot, and the Dots are doing jack ***even with 120+ helix spells, so my mp is being eaten away very quickly tryin got maintain DoTs to combat the regen
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-05 04:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's shitty. 3x loss in a row for Treasure and Tribulations.

Note to self: Always pick small box.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be getting between 60 and 80 mp back per min. Helix last over a min and cost only 79 I think with arts up... bind/grav are always used as a needed thing not to make or break the solo in most kites
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 04:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:

I've only picked the small one. My rdm can almost solo it
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 04:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
You should be getting between 60 and 80 mp back per min. Helix last over a min and cost only 79 I think with arts up... bind/grav are always used as a needed thing not to make or break the solo in most kites

you referring to always recharging sublimation? thats kinda hard when it requires SS which takes awhile to cast, especially in dark arts for ele skill for helix spells/DoT.... not to mention SS has to be up to absorb those 1-2 hits that the yovra get in while casting to not interrupt ><
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-05 04:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

What would be a wiser approach? Supertank the lil box with minne boosts or eva tank the big one with something like nin or thf?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 05:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Well that's shitty. 3x loss in a row for Treasure and Tribulations. Note to self: Always pick small box.
What would be a wiser approach? Supertank the lil box with minne boosts or eva tank the big one with something like nin or thf?
Idk depends on what you got. I hear big box aint too hard with evasoin and blink and slow I did small super tank
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 05:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
you referring to always recharging sublimation? thats kinda hard when it requires SS which takes awhile to cast, especially in dark arts for ele skill for helix spells/DoT.... not to mention SS has to be up to absorb those 1-2 hits that the yovra get in while casting to not interrupt ><
I think thats a big part of your problem. You are taking hits to get a nuke off. You need to keep your distance and nuke fast. In any kind of kite you shouldn't rely on stoneskin to get your shots in...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 05:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, and this is part of my problem...the land masses are so few and far between if i kite it anywhere over water its going to 100% and FAST...and if i kite off the land mass, I get manta ray aggro...idk how to remedy this, so i stick to a small land mass...idk where else to try to fight it whatsoever
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 05:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Also drains are your friend
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 05:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i use them as often as possible actually
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-05 05:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://kanican.livejournal.com/29631.html#cutid8
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-05 05:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thats complete ***, because like i said a few times earlier, this is nothing but land kiting (which i haven't found a mass big enough) and it has movement+ (IE gaiters since yovra can outdo ASA pants i believe without bind/gravi) and like i said before 120+ noct helix PLUS bio 2 @300+ skill PLUS poison 1 still barely ticked away its hp over sea...so I'm not getting this "solo" guide here ><
First Page 2 3 ... 9319 9320 9321 ... 18549 18550 18551