First Page 2 3 ... 18395 18396 18397 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-27 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
are you going to be like that guy on the commercial and trade in your lederhosen for a kilt!?

that ***is so dumb. the one lady is like "I've never felt more like me than when I put on this hat!" *** off lady! get a *** grip, yo! If you've got your identity all tied up into a *** hat from a country you've never been to, you're a god damn idiot. I'm not all into nationalism or anything, but holy ***, you're american, learn to like it ***.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-27 12:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I admit I wear kilts from time to time, but I don't get a "family tartan" or anything. I either get them in black or a generic tartan because I think they're *** comfortable and I occasionally like being the jackass drawing attention to himself at festivals.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-27 12:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I occasionally like being the jackass drawing attention to himself at festivals.

you can elicit the same effect with copious amounts of alcohol
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-27 12:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I occasionally like being the jackass drawing attention to himself at festivals.

you can elicit the same effect with copious amounts of alcohol

Yeah but this way I don't end up knocking over art displays and being on the hook for a lot of money.

"Uhhh...she did it!" Doesn't work when she's your wife and you're clearly the proverbial bull in Ye Olden China Shoppe.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-27 12:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I would take one if someone else bought it.

that's a bottle a whiskey!

From anecdotal evidence, it would be something like:

50% Irish

25% Norwegian

8% Dutch

8% French

8% Native american
I've been incredibly tempted to get one after finding out one of my grandparents on Dad's side was full-blooded Native American.

I think Mom's side is just a bunch of French-Irish hooligans... but apparently(and I didn't learn this until like... April? When I was talking with my Dad) my Dad's side was full of bootleggers.

Gah I wish I had asked more questions that week. x.x Or rather I wish he had been more able to answer some of the questions I had.

BAH HUMBUG

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I never thought of Perkins as redneck breakfast foods until now...

well... they certainly don't intentionally advertise it that way... any more...but yeah... most pancake house style, breakfast all day, enough coffee to sober up an irishman, pillowy doughy goodness to soak up all the booze and a handful of bacon grease to slow your ticker back down after a bender... joints are primarily a white trash working class phenomenon....

/thinks about it
you might be too young to remember the denny's thing
I keep being reminded I'm probably the youngest employee(full-time or part time) at this office... It feels really weird especially since some of them treat me like I've been here for years and I haven't even been here for 1...

That said, I remember Denny's. It sucked, and thankfully most if not all of them have died out around here, think that last one I saw closed down... 3-5 years ago? I don't know... somehow he did it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-27 12:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not all into nationalism or anything, but holy ***, you're american, learn to like it ***.

my godfather is fresh off the boat from the old country in the 70's ...he moved back there for a year or so here recently thinking to retire there... but he got treated like the leper with the most fingers and/or a walking atm... they even have a derogatory name for people that try to pull that move... like outlander or some ***...but it's really more along the lines of calling him a quitter...

I understand their perspective.... you bailed on us when the ***hit the fan so *** you, give us some money and then *** back off to america you senile old ***.

he took it hard and after a while he said to hell with it and moved back here.... and he says he feels like a man without a country...an immigrant here...unwelcomed back home...

and I was all.... /shrug

*** all them... let's go get drunk
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-27 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

x.x

yeah, sorry to hear about your father brah. I was going to offer condolences yesterday, but then got distracted, I'm a loser, etc. etc.

so yeah. bummer man.

*** all them... let's go get drunk

I tend to agree with you, but I've got a home here in the hills, so I suppose it's easy for me to say.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-27 13:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to agree with you, but I've got a home here in the hills, so I suppose it's easy for me to say.

it is what it is brother...

as with everything else I take the simple simon approach... which one of these two things is easier... changing a half a million people's minds... or drinking until you don't give a *** what they all think...

PARKER /poses like lady justice

[insert scale noises here]

EXACTLY

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-27 13:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of on a micro level, I got that feeling recently.

After living in the region for 12 years (which is the longest I've lived in any one area in my entire life) and buying a house a year and a half ago I looked at my wife and said, "I guess I should probably stop pretending I'm not 'from' here now, shouldn't I?"

I think it's paying property taxes that rightly does it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-27 13:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should probably stop pretending I'm not 'from' here now, shouldn't I

if the area you live in is anything at all like all of the rest of Pennsylvania...

they'll probably never fully get past the part where you wear a plaid dress skirt anyways...

I admit I wear kilts
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-27 13:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if the area you live in is anything at all like all of the rest of Pennsylvania...

they'll probably never fully get past the part where you wear a plaid dress skirt anyways...

We have a guy that covers himself in motor oil and rides around on a bicycle.

I'm downright normal.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-27 14:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

x.x

yeah, sorry to hear about your father brah. I was going to offer condolences yesterday, but then got distracted, I'm a loser, etc. etc.

so yeah. bummer man.
Condolences appreciated, don't make yourself feel like they're needed. There's obviously some things I'm bummed about but honestly, took the death rather well and it's been long enough that I think it's good to bypass them.

Either that or I'm an emotionless robot.

Life goes on~

In better news, I got a kitten like... 2 weeks ago and my GF has finally come to realize how much I hate humans but adore animals.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-27 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

my GF has finally come to realize how much I hate humans but adore animals.

I'm going to need a pet soon. As great as my relationship is with my wife, no one understands you like a dog does.

No one.

Or maybe that's just me.

For as long as I can remember my grandma has had a sign in her house that said "the more I get to know people, the more I love my dog."

Truth.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2017-10-27 14:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup friends?
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-27 16:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

my GF has finally come to realize how much I hate humans but adore animals.

I'm going to need a pet soon. As great as my relationship is with my wife, no one understands you like a dog does.

No one.

Or maybe that's just me.

For as long as I can remember my grandma has had a sign in her house that said "the more I get to know people, the more I love my dog."

Truth.
I'm telling you... I'm pretty sure she was ready to kick me out when I said that between the kitten I was holding and the 3 year old in the other room (or any human really) if I was told I had to put one in the kennel or a similar unsavory situation, I would choose the human. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Seriously, I am not made to be a nurturing figure. At least not for anyone/anything before the age of 10.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-28 08:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

life has a funny way of changing what you are capable of. you’ll wear many hats before it’s all said and done.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-30 09:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you’ll wear many hats before it’s all said and done.

what if we don't wanna?

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-30 11:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

what if we don't wanna?

well in my experience, tough titty, you're gonna.

but I don't wanna either. so do what you want man. There's always the draw a picture made of feces on your office wall for a good ole' fake mental breakdown and go hang with the loonies for a few months. there's always a choice to be made.

hhmmmmm mmmmmm

/sipscoffee
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 11:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

good ole' fake mental breakdown

Does it have to be fake?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-30 12:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

go crazy....

[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-30 12:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-30 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

Beat me to it!

All I heard was "Oh no, let's go!"
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-30 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what if we don't wanna?

but I don't wanna either. so do what you want man. There's always the draw a picture made of feces on your office wall for a good ole' fake mental breakdown and go hang with the loonies for a few months. there's always a choice to be made.

hhmmmmm mmmmmm

/sipscoffee
Oh god no... last time I went up there I ended up with a pissed off stalker-type trying to call/text me 24/7 for like a month.

Woman would not take the answer no. x.x
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 12:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

what if we don't wanna?

hhmmmmm mmmmmm

/sipscoffee
Oh god no... last time I went up there I ended up with a pissed off stalker-type trying to call/text me 24/7 for like a month.

That's when you hook up JUST to make her leave.

Like Dutch oven her and all.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-30 12:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
what if we don't wanna?

hhmmmmm mmmmmm

/sipscoffee

She had... some serious mental things going on. I am not doing that, I do have some... what's the word? Empathy?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-30 12:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

what if we don't wanna?

hhmmmmm mmmmmm

/sipscoffee

She had... some serious mental things going on. I am not doing that, I do have some... what's the word? Empathy?
Oh. I was chatting up this girl a few months back who was a compulsive liar, tried to start drama with me and another guy via some sort of love triangle, but he and I ended up good friends.

She now thinks I hate her but the truth is, she's too insignificant to me for me to hate her.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-30 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

worst advice given on an internet forum 2017 goes to.../drumroll

girlboy

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-30 13:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people seem to come up to me thinking I hate them.

Apparently "I'm incredibly anti-social and don't really talk to people often" doesn't translate well to others.

Just because I don't talk to you on a regular basis does not mean I hate you. It just reinforces that I don't really start social interaction.
By Zerowone 2017-10-30 13:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently "I'm incredibly anti-social and don't really talk to people often" doesn't translate well to others.

Just because I don't talk to you on a regular basis does not mean I hate you. It just reinforces that I don't really start social interaction.

The corporate environment. Just fake it. Everyone else is.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-10-30 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

The corporate environment. Just fake it. Everyone else is.
Oh no that was for personal stuff.

Corporate environment is easy. They know I don't necessarily hate anyone, but they think I'm probably annoyed 90% of the time because people can't do simple computer things.

They're not completely wrong... But hey I like the job overall. Good benefits, good enough pay (for someone without a degree) and plenty of PTO if I need it and the actual things I'm doing ain't all that bad.

That said, I'm debating going back to school for Computer Science since work will pay for it...

I mean...

Hi guys how are you all today? I'm totally not overly talkative.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18395 18396 18397 ... 18549 18550 18551