users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16985 16986 16987 ... 18549 18550 18551
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
GM guys - Chevys are best, but I'd drive an X as long as it's not Y.

Ford guys - Fords are best, but I'd drive an X as long as it's not Y.

Mopar guys - Dodge only, everyone else is a loser.

And the smart consumer laughs at all 3 and buys a Subaru or Honda and trades it in 5 years later for 80% of the purchase price.
*** trading it in, drive it until the tires fall off, then drive it some more.

Yeah, speaking literally.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 15:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
GM guys - Chevys are best, but I'd drive an X as long as it's not Y.

Ford guys - Fords are best, but I'd drive an X as long as it's not Y.

Mopar guys - Dodge only, everyone else is a loser.

And the smart consumer laughs at all 3 and buys a Subaru or Honda and trades it in 5 years later for 80% of the purchase price.
*** trading it in, drive it until the tires fall off, then drive it some more.

Yeah, speaking literally.

In that case, I'm still driving the Subaru I bought 14 years ago.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I drive an 86 Ford. You both suck.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 15:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

By "drive" do you mean the 2-3 times a week that you make it to and from your destination without calling a flatbed?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 15:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriouesly, I've watched the tire roll away from my car before, and just the other week my ball joint broke again (just had it replaced 3/2013), and had the passenger side one replaced a few months ago...

I'm looking at getting a CRV but I want to be sure I get this job I'm after first and have at it for a few weeks before I invest in something I'll have to make payments on.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 15:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

By "drive" do you mean the 2-3 times a week that you make it to and from your destination without calling a flatbed?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever called a flatbed...or any type of tow truck for that matter. Maybe one of you can give me a number to a good one since you guys seem familiar with them.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 15:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever called a flatbed...or any type of tow truck for that matter. Maybe one of you can give me a number to a good one since you guys seem familiar with them.

I know a few tow services that always managed to get my friend's domestics to my shop. They were mostly Isuzu rollbacks.

I've honestly never had much trouble with domestic cars, I still own a 77 GMC 1-ton that we use for dump runs and to occasionally move trailers and stuff for friends. It's never let me down, but I put a whole new drivetrain in it about 5 years ago. I love my Subaru because I never have to worry about whether it will get me there or home. But, I've always had at least one toy. Datsun Z cars, various VW's and Audi's, motorcycles, etc.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-19 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

dafaq
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-19 15:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We like the cars. The cars that go boom.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 15:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a few tow services that always managed to get my friend's domestics to my shop. They were mostly Isuzu rollbacks.

I've honestly never had much trouble with domestic cars, I still own a 77 GMC 1-ton that we use for dump runs and to occasionally move trailers and stuff for friends. It's never let me down, but I put a whole new drivetrain in it about 5 years ago. I love my Subaru because I never have to worry about whether it will get me there or home. But, I've always had at least one toy. Datsun Z cars, various VW's and Audi's, motorcycles, etc.
I like VWs, old ones. As for my truck, it's never let me stranded. A solenoid on the carb went out once and it went into "limp home mode" and started dumping fuel through the carb. I fixed that. the only issue atm is that it needs tires. It's also due for an oil change and needs shocks but the tires are what is crippling it atm, they were put on in 05. >.>
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 15:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly wouldn't have any trouble out of my car if I took better care of it, but I'm not a mechanic and usually can't afford preventative maintenance. Only one of those three incidents blindsided me entirely.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 15:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I can do the shocks and oil myself, I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out money for tires then come home and start prying old ones off and prying new ones on. I also want new rims... Either old school slotted mags...

...or factory Bronco II/Ranger rims.

Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 15:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I like VWs, old ones. As for my truck, it's never let me stranded. A solenoid on the carb went out once and it went into "limp home mode" and started dumping fuel through the carb. I fixed that. the only issue atm is that it needs tires. It's also due for an oil change and needs shocks but the tires are what is crippling it atm, they were put on in 05. >.>

Electronic carbs and the real crux of 80's domestics. Japanese figured out electronic management way sooner than the Europeans or domestics. I personally like the early CIS fuel distributor style cars from Europe, but just because I know how they work, most tech's don't have a clue.

I put a newer carb on my pickup a few years back and had more trouble getting the jets right than you'd believe, I ended up going back to the quadrajet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 16:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to set mine up to eliminate the electronics on my truck. I'd also like to talk my cousin into selling the AOD transmission out of the truck in his back yard... I think mine has a C4 3-speed auto, it looks too small to be a C6.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-19 16:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
jeeze kojo that must be scary ***driving right now with bald *** tires lol -_-;

they don't have ice & snow down there, you silly frozen ***.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 16:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It sat from 05 to 2011, they are more weather cracked than bald.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to set mine up to eliminate the electronics on my truck. I'd also like to talk my cousin into selling the AOD transmission out of the truck in his back yard... I think mine has a C4 3-speed auto, it looks too small to be a C6.

Well, C4 is a good box, it's what I put on the back of the 302 in our
'31 A-coupe. It's a simple box, but solid and reliable. Why do you want to put an A-series *** in yours?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 16:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

'31 A-coupe. It's a simple box, but solid and reliable. Why do you want to put an A-series *** in yours?
Overdrive, I drive like an *** on the highway.

EDIT: I'd keep my C4.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 16:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***that dry rot
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 16:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get OD snouts for C-series, but I get what you mean. Maybe it's just because I've spent most of my life driving cars for transportation and trucks for hauling, but I just don't see the use in having a truck that goes faster than 65mph. I'm sure my truck would go faster than that, but I have no desire to.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've driven on nearly bald tires before, it's not too bad in the rain.

Well I've replaced them after the cords started showing on more than one occasion...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-19 16:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get OD snouts for C-series, but I get what you mean. Maybe it's just because I've spent most of my life driving cars for transportation and trucks for hauling, but I just don't see the use in having a truck that goes faster than 65mph. I'm sure my truck would go faster than that, but I have no desire to.
I live in the south, plenty of people build trucks for speed, I have the 300 CI I6 in mine so I'm not interested in hot rodding, but I still drive like an ***.

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »

they don't have ice & snow down there, you silly frozen ***.
still scary dork; imagine driving 50 or 60 or 70 + and any rain means you hydroplane off the road.

if kojo lives somewhere that doesn't rain either then I withdraw my wariness!
It rains and snows here, I drive like an ***, not an idiot. There's a difference.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-19 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

rednecks and their pickups...

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-19 16:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG! Somebody remind me that people who make it on my blocklist more than likely don't deserve second, third or forth chances.

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-19 16:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It rains and snows here, I drive like an ***, not an idiot. There's a difference.
Potato, potato.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16985 16986 16987 ... 18549 18550 18551