FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16651 16652 16653 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 13:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nik adopted the mennonite holiday known as tuesday and took off... ***...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 13:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Be fun, Ni!

Thanks, but we've got other, more diabolical , plans.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 13:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I should hunker down in here...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 14:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I should hunker down in here...

I thought this was the plan...
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-05-13 14:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, question time.

You go to sleep one night, when you wake up you find yourself in the world of the creepiest baby-toddler show you can think of. Which show is it, what do you do?

Sid the Science Kid.
I'd off myself.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 14:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

you built me up on that post, then completely let me down.

idk many creepy kid shows.

/shrug
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-05-13 14:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My nephew watches that show, it creeps me out.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ok, question time.

You go to sleep one night, when you wake up you find yourself in the world of the creepiest baby-toddler show you can think of. Which show is it, what do you do?

Sid the Science Kid.
I'd off myself.
Go away.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 14:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Moving the conversation por los big kids...

So, anyhow thoughts on synthetic reproduction and the sociological effects of a lack of mutual-symbiosis via oxytocin/bonding and transfer...

Can't find the PDF for this one...

Quote:
. In one relevant paper, Fries et al. [15] studied the oxytocin levels of adopted children with backgrounds of early neglect. Subjects had resided, since early infancy, in orphanages for an average of 17 months and had been fostered for three years. Subjects had similar basal urine OT levels as controls, as assessed by averaging 12-h overnight urine collections for four separate mornings. However, in striking contrast to controls, the adopted children showed decisively less increase in oxytocin levels after physical contact with their caregivers. Since subjects had already resided in their foster homes for 3 years (range 10–48 months) at the time of testing, the authors concluded that the lack of early oxytocin-related maternal bonding had a long-range effect on these children, an effect apparently resistant to subsequent nurturing.

Excerpt from the first study...

Quote:
This is the first study to examine the relationship between
plasma OT and reported maternal–fetal attachment. In contrast to our expectations, levels of reported bonding were not significantly correlated with OT levels in pregnancy, assessed earlier (first trimester) or concomitantly (third trimester). However, participants whose OT levels rose between early to late-mid pregnancy scored higher on prenatal bonding, compared to the other women. Thus, dynamically increasing levels of OT and not static, however large, levels of OT were associated with increased prenatal bonding. It can be noticed from the typology figures (Fig. 3) that the rising OT levels between Time-I and -II in Fig. 3 B and D both begin and end lower than the corresponding levels of Figure A which shows little or no change over the same time period. Even so, while these OT levels are lower in absolute terms, it is apparently the dynamic rise in levels between Time-I and -II which is important in creating the association between them and better prenatal bonding.

The meat of the second link is where it gets fun...

Quote:
Results of this study demonstrate associations between the OT system and measures of bonding and psychological distress in adults who are not currently in romantic relationships. These data point to relationships between the functioning of the OT system and bonding-related cognitions, regardless of the individual’s present attachment status. As such, the links between OT and measures of both psychological distress and bonding to one’s own parents may suggest that one mechanism by which OT buffers stress and depression across the lifespan is through its association with the attachment system. The associations found here between OT and bonding are consistent with the few existing studies on the relations of OT with the parent–infant bond assessed both concurrently and retrospectively.

Meinlschmidt and Heim (2007) demonstrated that intranasal administration of oxytocin in adult men with early parental separation did not decrease the level of cortisol as compared to controls. Levine and colleagues (2007) found associations between an increase in maternal plasma oxytocin from the first to the third trimester of pregnancy and the mother’s bonding to her fetus, and Feldman et al. (2007) showed links between oxytocin across pregnancy and the postpartum with the mother’s bonding-related thoughts and behaviors toward her infant. The present findings may suggest that the adult’s representations of the experience of being cared for as a child, which are likely shaped in the first years of life, are related to the OT system in adulthood. Because the OT system functions as a feedback loop (Uvnas-Moberg, 1998), bonding-related representations and OT may function in a mutually influencing manner throughout development, with more positive representations of parental care related to increased oxytocin levels.However, due to the fact that our data are correlational, it is not possible to infer causality but only to demonstrate associations between OT levels and bonding-related representations.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 14:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can infer what happens what happens without bonding. Although it's hard to put in a statistical format or even a format that would be generally accepted. Since every cause you would point out would be counteracted by some kind of new social trend, rather than a root cause for behaviors. You'd also have to be careful not to imply causality on that end as well.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 14:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose had a "What if the entire world ends up gay?" moment (which is fine), then it went to test-tube kiddos, then so my mind started wandering to the sociological impact of such world.

Didn't go over well, so brought it here for me and Chaos, and whoever wanted to join.

EDIT: I'm of the "playing God" mentality, but hey! I probably should avoid that discussion in there since it's not the topic at hand.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 14:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose had a "What if the entire world ends up gay?" moment (which is fine), then it went to test-tube kiddos, then so my mind started wandering to the sociological impact of such world.

Didn't go over well, so brought it here for me and Chaos, and whoever wanted to join.

EDIT: I'm of the "playing God" mentality, but hey! I probably should avoid that discussion in there since it's not the topic at hand.
I don't need to play god, I make myself self appointed overlord!
>:D
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-05-13 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the bonding hormones super fascinating. Trying to find an article I read while pregnant how the pregnant woman influences the man around her, changing his brain as well as hers during the pregnancy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 15:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold on I need go buy a pack of smokes for this. Apparently I'm out.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 15:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

succubus!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-05-13 15:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

http://archive.attachmentparenting.org/support/articles/artchemistry.php
-ignore the feel good parts of which there are some. I read this then went searching for more scientific papers. Pretty fascinating stuff and we don't know a lot of how the interactions work

And a USA today article
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-15-daddybrain15_cv_N.htm
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-05-13 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Forums feel so much nicer after blocking just one more person. I think that brings the total to two!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I find the bonding hormones super fascinating. Trying to find an article I read while pregnant how the pregnant woman influences the man around her, changing his brain as well as hers during the pregnancy.

Me too! It's nuts how internally chemically dependent we are on each other and our interactions with others are!

Quote:
Although present and active during bonding in the mother and infant, vasopressin plays a much bigger role in the father. This hormone promotes brain reorganization toward paternal behaviors when the male is cohabitating with the pregnant mother. The father becomes more dedicated to his mate and expresses behaviors of protection.

Released in response to nearness and touch, vasopressin promotes bonding between the father and the mother, helps the father recognize and bond to his baby, and makes him want to be part of the family, rather than alone. It has gained a reputation as the "monogamy hormone." Dr. Theresa Crenshaw, author of The Alchemy of Love and Lust, says, "Testosterone wants to prowl, vasopressin wants to stay home." She also describes vasopressin as tempering the man's sexual drive.

Vasopressin reinforces the father's testosterone-promoted protective inclination regarding his mate and child, but tempers his aggression, making him more reasonable and less extreme. By promoting more rational and less capricious thinking, this hormone induces a sensible paternal role, providing stability as well as vigilance.

I was trying to remember what theirs is.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 15:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I need some more of whatever chemical makes my brain cope with the fussing... O that fussing.... it makes me think I'm just an old bear who wants to eat my cub for some peace & quiet.

I thought it was just cute until recently too.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I need some more of whatever chemical makes my brain cope with the fussing... O that fussing.... it makes me think I'm just an old bear who wants to eat my cub for some peace & quiet.

More Oragel?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-05-13 15:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

More skin to skin contact with mrs. Mosin! Release that oxytocin
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 15:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally... people making use of the block function!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 15:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

More Oragel?

that helps! dat numb gum...

Bahamut.Kara said: »
More skin to skin contact with mrs. Mosin! Release that oxytocin

that actually was the answer to the mystery fit saturday. kinda cute, the little turd just needed to cuddle with mom & watch a movie.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We're all drug addicts!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 16:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We're all drug addicts!
Speak for yourself hoppy!

Edit: giving little babies drugs now! I knew you hoppies were bad news... but this?!!?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 16:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think dis be da chemical I be needin' more of:

C2H6O
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16651 16652 16653 ... 18549 18550 18551