Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 10:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeltorian Ausrillius said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I don't like targeting with the PS3 controller. Scrolling through targets is annoying on it.

This. Filters don't work half the time.

Find myself screaming at the carbuncle or the ifrit someone has out. Why is that so high up in priority on selection?

Good! 3/3 on the PS3 targeting complaint!

It's extremely frustrating when surrounded by mass chaos too. LOL! Thumbing through basically six or seven people/pets before locking-in is just plain frustrating.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ther filter doesn't take affect til you're already engaged...
VIP
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Aelius
By Aeltorian Ausrillius 2013-10-03 10:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »

Doesn't work half the time while engaged neither. Especially when there's a massive amount of people on your screen... or COMPANIONS
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeltorian Ausrillius said: »
Doesn't work half the time while engaged neither. Especially when there's a massive amount of people on your screen... or COMPANIONS
you're probably referring to fates then... the only problems I have with those is getting the intial mob to even pop up on my screen... *** ishgard and the crowded nature of their Fates!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-03 10:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished up XIV last week and while I loved everything from Garuda to the credits, I can't help but feel like I was playing a single-player game half the time.

Healing wasn't too bad for me, barring the instances where some tanks were just so poorly geared that no amount of fairy/physick could manage to keep them alive. Qarn, Dzamael Darkhold and Cutter's Cry were fun. I hate oneshot mechanics though, it's unbelievably cheap that one missed dodge can mean instantly wiping the group. -_-

Endgame just looks like a huge grind to me with running the same dungeons ad infinitum for pretty vanilla stat gear. Not interested in that for now.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 10:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fates!

Thank you! I've been calling them rifts! Same difference really.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fates aren't all that bad... pretty quick exp though you can still work up traditional parties...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 10:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fates aren't all that bad... pretty quick exp though you can still work up traditional parties...

Yeah! I totally agree. I just became bored of it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-03 10:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno about your server but on Excalibur FATEs were:

Show up, spam AOE against invisible mobs and hope to get a Gold. No one seems interested in normal EXP parties when you can just push one button to win. That's if the lights from particle effects didn't give you a seizure. XD

And if you dared touched those Lambs during Dark Designs...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-10-03 11:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably why I went back to FFXI.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 11:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Dunno about your server but on Excalibur FATEs were: Show up, spam AOE against invisible mobs and hope to get a Gold. No one seems interested in normal EXP parties when you can just push one button to win. That's if the lights from particle effects didn't give you a seizure. XD And if you dared touched those Lambs during Dark Designs...
A gold?

Fates can get like that in Ishard territory but you don't see it much like that anywhere else... I imagine retro parties are only really started by people that know eachother... that or just go dungeon diving...
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-03 11:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You get different medals for the fates and that makes your xp vary.

Personally, I hate them. I have extreme motion sickness right now and running from place to place and targeting the mobs causes me nausea.

Mil and I have been talking about doing a traditional party. Killing IT's are really easy, it's just getting someone to keep up the pulls to keep up the chains. We can get chain 6 duoing as gld and cnj. I'm sure even adding 1-2 more people would be even better xp.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still on the fence about the game in general.

*edit*

I like fishing
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 11:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I never noticed the medals lol...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-10-03 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually like all the crafting aspects of ffxiv.

I just kept getting that Aion/WoW feel with all the disciples of war classes. All it felt like was button mashing.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 11:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm still on the fence about the game in general.

*edit*

I like fishing

I was thinking about picking up fishing, but I want to at least get one job to twenty-five.

EDIT: Nice having a FFXI/FFXIV conversation without someone drawing a line in the sand. :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-10-03 11:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-03 12:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like the crafting system. I already have a 50 in that....but only 33 in a battle class.

I prefer the mage jobs over the melee, it is a lot of button mashing.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 12:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I really like the crafting system. I already have a 50 in that....but only 33 in a battle class.

I prefer the mage jobs over the melee, it is a lot of button mashing.

I usually stick to anything ranged. Just conditioning since my HS BF who initiated my rediscovery of video games over a decade ago.

WHM/BLM/RNG mostly. I'm not a fan of melee either.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 12:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

O I'm sure we could teach you to use automatic weapons.

the phalanx might require more discipline...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 12:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
I really like the crafting system. I already have a 50 in that....but only 33 in a battle class. I prefer the mage jobs over the melee, it is a lot of button mashing.
I usually stick to anything ranged. Just conditioning since my HS BF who initiated my rediscovery of video games over a decade ago. WHM/BLM/RNG mostly. I'm not a fan of melee either.
I have to be getting punched in the face or tasting some of that dirt flavored icecream to enjoy it... Sitting back in the bleachers never really worked for me...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite the minimal complaints so far, I do have to give XIV more credit in the time-invested department. Convenient for the responsibilities that need to be taken care of before play-time.

Also...ALSO!!!

Good God! He's one of those!!!

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-03 13:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

hey mos have you noticed on pug if you mash the buttons in the order they have the dashed lines around the outside of the box it makes forms?

I can't tell if they actually do anything but they look cool....

/makes swishing noises
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 13:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Who now?

Edit: nvm... that surprises you? Look at the other one lol...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 13:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
hey mos have you noticed on pug if you mash the buttons in the order they have the dashed lines around the outside of the box it makes forms? I can't tell if they actually do anything but they look cool.... /makes swishing noises
Is that how the Pug ones work? I know for the other tanks and melee dps those are the links to our skill chain... basically if you do them in order each successive attacks base atk dmg rises... there was a comment in the tutorials that said pugs and mnks were different though...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 13:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hey mos have you noticed on pug if you mash the buttons in the order they have the dashed lines around the outside of the box it makes forms? I can't tell if they actually do anything but they look cool.... /makes swishing noises
You bought that George Cantstandya suit? lol...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-03 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that how the Pug ones work? I know for the other tanks and melee dps those are the links to our skill chain... basically if you do them in order each successive attacks base atk dmg rises... there was a comment in the tutorials that said pugs and mnks were different though...

it says like opo opo form and raptor form and you get some swooshy lines going around you.... idk what else it does
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 13:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

it says like opo opo form and raptor form and you get some swooshy lines going around you.... idk what else it does
It appears that the stance you put up affects the effectiveness of certain WS's that you have... or adds some kind of debilitation or added effect... or maybe only certain WS's can be used when in that form lol... I'm not sure anymore...
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ya certain stances increase dmg, I couldn't tell you how or why though.
First Page 2 3 ... 16181 16182 16183 ... 18549 18550 18551