First Page 2 3 ... 16164 16165 16166 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 11:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
the preist at this one got caught texting during the ceremony lol...

People need to learn phone courtesy. Nothing drives me up the wall more!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 11:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My parents were never like that... they do want us to go to church and all that but its more like... hey you're adults and its your life... live it how you choose to live it... My dad has really more mellowed out over the years too lol... maybe its because he doesn't have to deeal with us on a daily basis lol... I kid! My mom and dad probably still do too much for us lol... always making sure that we're ok... I got pretty lucky in the parent pool...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 11:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. My mom doesn't care. My dad though...IDK. It's just in the past few years that it's materialized.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-23 11:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

my dad's never cared about anything, & my mom asks me for religious advice...

/sigh
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-23 12:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of which, some local church here was trying to get my mom to sign a contract guaranteeing she would donate 15% of her yearly income there.

shysters!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 12:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some BS...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-23 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some BS...

I know right....

& she;s all sweet & gullible too, calls me up, explains the situation & is all "is that a normal thing?" I almost went down there all drunked up & half-cocked, before thinking better of it. I guess back in the olden days 10-15% was kind of a guideline, but never in hell by contract.... jebus....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebel without a clue... so be it then, EVIL it is!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 12:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
That's some BS...
I know right.... & she;s all sweet & gullible too, calls me up, explains the situation & is all "is that a normal thing?" I almost went down there all drunked up & half-cocked, before thinking better of it. I guess back in the olden days 10-15% was kind of a guideline, but never in hell by contract.... jebus....
I've never personally been asked to give any percentage... it's all been voluntary but idk man... I guess they're trying to plan out their fiscal year lol...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 12:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Rebel without a clue... so be it then, EVIL it is!
I actually questioned the confrimation process at that point too lol... I don't think anyone really understands the committment at that age and just goes along with it because its the thing to do...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 12:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought 10% was common also, and voluntarily. What denomination is this? Baptist? LOL!

I thought my confirmation was fine, but yes...What does a thirteen to fifteen year old really know? If you're also in a area where there are not enough options to experience outside of Christianity, how do you even have a solid confirmation of your Christianity?

I only went to a Synagogue (the only one in town, and there weren't many parishioners to speak of), a Catholic church, a Methodist Church, a Pentecostal (crazy-bones) church, and a Baptist church for Confirmation. :/

EDIT: I also find it funny that most Baptists and Methodists don't know the origin of their denomination.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-23 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone really understands the committment at that age and just goes along with it because its the thing to do...

I was fortunate enough to move to the other side of the state at the age of 11. My grandparents from my dad's side were pushing the catholicism, & I was long gone to the wild west by the time confirmation rolled around. I can't imagine it would've went well anyway. I was very similar to Niko in asking waaaaaaaaaay too many questions for anyone to be comfortable with.

stated that if anything he had ever said about anything were true, jesus himself would appear and beat the living ***out of him with a cat of ninetails for being a greedy hypocrite...

lmao!

my grandpa on my dad's side was an army ranger right before WWII broke out, well the poor *** ended up in most major engagements in the pacific.

well his kids are a bunch of ***, & at one point they were all discussing what they were going to do with his money, house, ect, when he died (as he sat there), & I remember being just 14-16 and thinking "these *** are cold hearted...." well about that time my grandpa piped up with "Idk wtf you kids are talking about, I will be buried with every dime I have, so I can buy smokes in hell" to which his eldest daughter replied, "O stop it dad, you're not going to hell" his eyes got all big and he said "I know a few thousand japs that would disagree with you"

he was a funny old guy.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 12:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually questioned the confrimation process at that point too lol... I don't think anyone really understands the committment at that age and just goes along with it because its the thing to do...

the reason

The correct answer is the blank spot under the other three answers. that's how you get into the tenshodo!!!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 12:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the reason
The correct answer is the blank spot under the other three answers. that's how you get into the tenshodo!!!
Makes sense... I had a decent go with it though... I got lucky in that one of the parish preists at the time.. God rest his soul... was really understanding and engaging about the whole thing when I brought my doubts to his table... same with my parents... neither condemned me in any way for questioning it or wanting to put it off...

as for others having to question it I highly doubt most anyone else even takes it seriously lol... it was just another thing to do lol... no one really held you accountable after either... I eventually did get confirmed but yeah... I haven't been a practicing Catholic in quite some time...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 12:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

my grandpa on my dad's side was an army ranger right before WWII broke out, well the poor *** ended up in most major engagements in the pacific.

well his kids are a bunch of ***, & at one point they were all discussing what they were going to do with his money, house, ect, when he died (as he sat there), & I remember being just 14-16 and thinking "these *** are cold hearted...." well about that time my grandpa piped up with "Idk wtf you kids are talking about, I will be buried with every dime I have, so I can buy smokes in hell" to which his eldest daughter replied, "O stop it dad, you're not going to hell" his eyes got all big and he said "I know a few thousand japs that would disagree with you"

he was a funny old guy.

That is awesome!!! I love WWII/Depression Era grandpa stories! EAT THEM UP!

That's so bizarre. How *** up is that to talk about someone's impending death! My brother and I were both so squeemish when my grandfather tried to talk about our inheritance with us while he was dying. I get uneasy when my mom or dad talk about it, and when we were discussing life insurance for our son. It's all so weird. I'm covered and the hubby is covered. I just hate talking about the possibility of anyone dying, and I know that's terribly infantile.

I have a bunch of WWII swag from my grandfathers. More from the American side though. I think every little heirloom is passed to me from the American side since I'm the only girl in my generation. I have some nifty little baubles from my grandmother and great-grandmother, and of course, every family photo and album from the turn of the century on.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 12:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

soooo... that lol pic (the one where the guy would rather admit he was cheating than that he sells avon) totally made me think of a situation a couple weeks ago at work...

One of the ladies here also does Mary Kay or something like that and one of the guys walks through with a mary kay bag and of course it's my job then to give him ***about that until he comes out with the oh this is just something I'm picking up for my mom... Well good thing I called BS because he eventually takes it out and he was ordering stuff for himself and lying about it being for his mother... just made it worse for him... The mary Kay badge matched his ladies sunglasses lol...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 12:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
my grandpa on my dad's side was an army ranger right before WWII broke out, well the poor *** ended up in most major engagements in the pacific. well his kids are a bunch of ***, & at one point they were all discussing what they were going to do with his money, house, ect, when he died (as he sat there), & I remember being just 14-16 and thinking "these *** are cold hearted...." well about that time my grandpa piped up with "Idk wtf you kids are talking about, I will be buried with every dime I have, so I can buy smokes in hell" to which his eldest daughter replied, "O stop it dad, you're not going to hell" his eyes got all big and he said "I know a few thousand japs that would disagree with you" he was a funny old guy.
That is awesome!!! I love WWII/Depression Era grandpa stories! EAT THEM UP! That's so bizarre. How *** up is that to talk about someone's impending death! My brother and I were both so squeemish when my grandfather tried to talk about our inheritance with us while he was dying. I get uneasy when my mom or dad talk about it, and when we were discussing life insurance for our son. It's all so weird. I'm covered and the hubby is covered. I just hate talking about the possibility of anyone dying, and I know that's terribly infantile. I have a bunch of WWII swag from my grandfathers. More from the American side though. I think every little heirloom is passed to me from the American side since I'm the only girl in my generation. I have some nifty little baubles from my grandmother and great-grandmother, and of course, every family photo and album from the turn of the century on.
yeah that's pretty cold...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been a practicing Catholic in quite some time...

I haven't been able to come up with a plausible alternate theory that makes anyone feel better about dying than heaven.

I like how it used to be on top of mount olympus until someone climbed up there and said no it isn't!

there's always that one guy that ruins it for all the other children... this is why we can't have nice things.cliche
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 13:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

soooo... that lol pic (the one where the guy would rather admit he was cheating than that he sells avon) totally made me think of a situation a couple weeks ago at work...

One of the ladies here also does Mary Kay or something like that and one of the guys walks through with a mary kay bag and of course it's my job then to give him ***about that until he comes out with the oh this is just something I'm picking up for my mom... Well good thing I called BS because he eventually takes it out and he was ordering stuff for himself and lying about it being for his mother... just made it worse for him... The mary Kay badge matched his ladies sunglasses lol...

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! The Mary Kay house! Holy Peptobismol! When my mother was an RN for OB/GYN and L&D she had to pass that monstrosity every-damn-day! She took me there. Gated, Spanish-style house with PINK stucco!

Pink Cadillac...I repeat PINK CADILLAC!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 13:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you were looking for a house!

it's yours for 3.3 mil want
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 13:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

you were looking for a house!

it's yours for 3.3 mil want

You should see that God-awful thing in day-light! Either that, or they toned it down since the early 90's, because those pics...

You have to see it in-person. HIDEOUS!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

it radiates pink hued awesomeness that can be seen from space!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 13:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it radiates pink hued awesomeness that can be seen from space!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Stop being vulgar, Stephen Tyler!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-23 13:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been able to come up with a plausible alternate theory that makes anyone feel better about dying than heaven.

I agree with the buddhists, in that, we're in hell now, & based on many variables, probably just end up doing it again, due to our vast ignorance during life when we die.

generally speaking though, it doesn't make people feel better.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 13:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the buddhists, in that, we're in hell now, & based on many variables, probably just end up doing it again, due to our vast ignorance during life when we die.

generally speaking though, it doesn't make people feel better.

It made me feel great!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-23 14:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought of Buddhism as more of a philosophy. I do like the idea of Jesus spending the unaccounted for years of his life learning Buddhism and bringing it back to the Mediterranean.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-23 14:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all nuts...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-23 14:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all nuts...

/nods sympathetically

how does that make you feel?

and enough already with the botox ads! I'm not that old you ***!!! what's next the hoveround!?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-23 14:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

and enough already with the botox ads! I'm not that old you ***!!! what's next the hoveround!?

what?!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-09-23 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet in real life, Niko is the nicest, quietest liberal on the planet.
First Page 2 3 ... 16164 16165 16166 ... 18549 18550 18551