Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 09:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
lol yeah you definitely need a keyboard of some sort... and like Nik suggest earlier for the blacklisting minigame just click on the gilsellers name send a tell then copy past into the blacklist... you can join any guild you want on your one character... you first have to get to level 10 and do your lv 10 guild mission first though before they let you change guilds and you keep the progress you have so no need for a nother character... you won't be able to get archer til you get to Gridania though so either an airship ride or a dangerous journey on foot lol...
I thought that was the case, but I wasn't quite sure. I decided to take the Mosin Mantra, and just say, "*** it!" to researching every minute detail. I think I'll just trial and error it this round. Yeah...I almost picked Archer, but decided to start off in the same town as you all just in case. How do people always convince me to start start in the in Bastok equivalent?!? I started in Bastok on my first character way back in 2004 since the BF and RL buddies twisted my arm. I wanted Sandy, but...Oh well!
Honestly... this is Sandy even though heavily populated by lafalell... Gridania is most like Windy though most populated by hyur and elezen... and Limsa lominsa is most like Bastok and is populated by humes and galka mostly...

Ul'Dah seems to be the only city with Royalty too though I'm not sure...

Edit: Hyur are everywhere!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 09:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to take the Mosin Mantra, and just say, "*** it!" to researching every minute detail.

hell ya! we'll frustrate flav together :D

Yeah...I almost picked Archer, but decided to start off in the same town as you all just in case.

How do people always convince me to start start in the in Bastok equivalent?!? I started in Bastok on my first character way back in 2004 since the BF and RL buddies twisted my arm. I wanted Sandy, but...Oh well!

it'll be fine, we can travel pretty easy, & you can move there if you want!

to be fair I wouldn't have picked stupid bastok had I have known, but that no research mantra kinda bit me in the *** there.

edit*

see! what do I know? flav says I didn't! lmao
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 09:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh oh! Totally forgot to ask last night, but what's the significance of the "astrology" business that you pick for your char in the beginning?

Since I took the Mos Mantra, I just went with the month of the fire goddess one.

I have no idea.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 09:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh oh! Totally forgot to ask last night, but what's the significance of the "astrology" business that you pick for your char in the beginning? Since I took the Mos Mantra, I just went with the month of the fire goddess one.
I honestly don't know yet... I just picked mine because he had the great axe lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 09:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

we're super technical, yo.

/airquotes
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 09:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get frustrated man! lol...

Travel is extremely easy in this game... they have waypoints all over the place and anyone can tele themselves at any lv as long aas you have attuned to the crystal... same for the cities... each has an aethernet system in which you attune to the smaller crystals and easily port yourself around the city...

Do you guys see Ul'dah as the basty because of the mining?

Edit: lol what did I say you didn't?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-16 09:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gridania is most like Windy

Ugh! That mo-fo! So, there is going to be a town I hate to navigate!

/punts a chihuahua

I honestly don't know yet... I just picked mine because he had the great axe lol...

Last night, I thought the spheres that rotated around us after casting had something to do with it, but after closer observation, I'm still not sure.

IDK. I thought the twelfth month one was lame, so I went with the female version of the element that my RL sign is. FUEGO!!! FEUER!!! FUE!!!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 09:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

pick the bastok-esche country.

architecture & desertish. meh.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 09:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyur are everywhere!!!!

we're like cockroaches!

/whoogityboogityboo!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-16 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the only thing I am absolutely certain of is that whatever I picked (race/time/god/astrological sign)is wrong and/or will be wrong for the job I want to play later.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 09:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah all the cities are really pretty easy to navigate nothing like the windy of old I just say its like windy really beacause it has a peace loving attitude and is sorrounded by nature... I don't think any city really quite equates to the nations of XI but was I said before is my best relation that comes to mind in my head...

Those spheres pop up when you cast a single spell of an element a few timesin a row.. I think it has to do with elemental defense but I honestly don't know I didn't look... There's even the ability that lets you switch between em when one is up... only lasts about 10 seconds or so unless you keep casting it... I'll look into it tonight...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-16 09:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of. The aesthetic too. Outside of the walls, it seems like a combo of Sabara...You know, outside windy...Because some of the beastiary, and I chuckled at the wolf. That seems straight outside of Basty on the hills.

LOL! I can't even remember most of the areas around the towns in XI anymore.

So, do mages even tele anymore? It does seem superfluous now.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 09:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
pick the bastok-esche country.
architecture & desertish. meh.
Ahhh... I just saw Limsa Lominsa as Basty because all the Galka are there lol and Bastok always had a fierce navy... that and Ul'dah seemed to be the only one with Royalty...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
wrong and/or will be wrong for the job I want to play later

Ahhhh but this is where I turn noobish on this game.

I was a cat in 11 for all that dex, math, badassery, ect.

Idk why I picked hume in this one, & I'm not changing for a lil' math this time. *** it. it will be good times, or nothing at all. I'm sure a galka or a cat would be a better mnk this time around too, but I don't care anymore.

as Finn the human would say, it's going to be.....

Algebraic!!!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-16 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyur are everywhere!!!!

we're like cockroaches!

/whoogityboogityboo!

LOL! There are no sixty-eight inches in height for both of the female races I was looking at. Hume females too short, Elvaan females too tall! None are my height! Boo! Boo-urns!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 10:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of. The aesthetic too. Outside of the walls, it seems like a combo of Sabara...You know, outside windy...Because some of the beastiary and I chuckled at the wolf. That seems straight outside of Basty on the hills. LOL! I can't even remember most of the areas around the towns in XI anymore. So, do mages even tele anymore? It does seem superfluous now.
Everyone gets teleports... you get two spells teleport and return... return is free of cost and youo go back to wherever you set your HP... Teleport costs money... how much depends on how far you're traveling... if your in the nation you're traveling to it seems to range from 100-200 gil if you're going outside it seems to be 400gil and up... you get the ability at level 1 and only need to find the big crystals like the one in the city you started of in... there is one in each main city and several others in sanctuaries throughout the realm...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-09-16 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

also i learned red=bad

some mobs have these red light thingies like an airstrip that points on the ground whichever way they are facing.... and when they do tp moves anyone standing in them (me) dies lol.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 10:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

the only thing I am absolutely certain of is that whatever I picked (race/time/god/astrological sign)is wrong and/or will be wrong for the job I want to play later.
Deity and birth date (nameday) have no significance in regards to classes/jobs, as far as I'm aware. Diety only sets your elemental affinity/resistance, and it changes one step in a certain quest.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

also i learned red=bad

some mobs have these red light thingies like an airstrip that points on the ground whichever way they are facing.... and when they do tp moves anyone standing in them (me) dies lol.

hey I learned that this weekend too. >.<
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 10:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong and/or will be wrong for the job I want to play later
Ahhhh but this is where I turn noobish on this game. I was a cat in 11 for all that dex, math, badassery, ect. Idk why I picked hume in this one, & I'm not changing for a lil' math this time. *** it. it will be good times, or nothing at all. I'm sure a galka or a cat would be a better mnk this time around too, but I don't care anymore. as Finn the human would say, it's going to be..... Algebraic!!!
Thank god you're not a cat again... and idk about mnk but pugilist seems very different in this game... Higlander Hyur is a badass too soooo... high str and hp and the such...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 10:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

also i learned red=bad some mobs have these red light thingies like an airstrip that points on the ground whichever way they are facing.... and when they do tp moves anyone standing in them (me) dies lol.
lmao! I was trying to teach Z about that yesterday... you see red on the ground you run the *** away lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyur are everywhere!!!!

we're like cockroaches!

/whoogityboogityboo!

LOL! There are no sixty-eight inches in height for both of the female races I was looking at. Hume females too short, Elvaan females too tall! None are my height! Boo! Boo-urns!

what? I thought you said you were tall once.

5'6" is not tall, ma'am.

also, lol
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-16 10:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

68 inches is 5'8" Which is technically on the taller side for girls but not really tall tall...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-16 10:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone gets teleports... you get two spells teleport and return... return is free of cost and youo go back to wherever you set your HP... Teleport costs money... how much depends on how far you're traveling... if your in the nation you're traveling to it seems to range from 100-200 gil if you're going outside it seems to be 400gil and up... you get the ability at level 1 and only need to find the big crystals like the one in the city you started of in... there is one in each main city and several others in sanctuaries throughout the realm...

So, basically...It's like when they added the books? Hmmm...

SE is heightsist!!! They only want people who aren't 5'8" to have to upper-hand! Heightsists!!!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

and idk about mnk but pugilist seems very different in this game...

yeah, idk what to do with no mnk.

pug will have to do.

very weird & fast-paced in this game, but I'm trying to look at it as a different entity, not to burden it with having to be too similar.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-16 10:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Deity and birth date (nameday) have no significance in regards to classes/jobs, as far as I'm aware. Diety only sets your elemental affinity/resistance, and it changes one step in a certain quest.

TY!

I was thinking on the lines of this. My fire was above and beyond the other spells at the beginning. I knew that couldn't be a coincidence.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is heightsist!!! They only want people who aren't 5'8" to have to upper-hand! Heightsists!!!

lmao, *** em' up Z!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-16 10:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

what? I thought you said you were tall once.

5'6" is not tall, ma'am.

also, lol

Am I math dumb this morning?

EDIT: Apparently so. :/

EDIT: Wait! No I'm not. I just plopped this out in my head. (5*12)+8, right? Right?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

68 inches is 5'8"

I don't like your math.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-16 10:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

O it's my math, god I better leave, 'm supposed to be good with numbers!

IT"S GONNA BE ALL *** UP TODAY!!!!!!

/dies
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16148 16149 16150 ... 18549 18550 18551