Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 10:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
More like work work work (Well technically work work game work or something like that). Though they're starting to cut my hours now, depending on what happens within the next month I may be looking for a new job because of that.

At the very least... I have free time for a bit ^.^;

Glass half full! I'm sure it will pick up again around Black Friday to Christmas. You're still humping it in retail, right?
Yea. Problem with that is upper management is really harping on Overtime and is super serious about having part-timers on 3 Day > 4 Day > 3 Day weeks and that just won't do much good for me with how much I'm paid and how much that will cut into my paycheck.

Unless
1) I get an amazing pay raise (I should have a 6 month evaluation sometime this month)
2) We lose people again and I get put back on 5/4 day work weeks.
3) They up me to regular time.

I just don't know if it'll be worth staying otherwise. Especially if I'm wanting to save as much money as possible for a possible move to Texas within the next couple years.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 10:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea. Problem with that is upper management is really harping on Overtime and is super serious about having part-timers on 3 Day > 4 Day > 3 Day weeks and that just won't do much good for me with how much I'm paid and how much that will cut into my paycheck.

Unless
1) I get an amazing pay raise (I should have a 6 month evaluation sometime this month)
2) We lose people again and I get put back on 5/4 day work weeks.
3) They up me to regular time.

I just don't know if it'll be worth staying otherwise. Especially if I'm wanting to save as much money as possible for a possible move to Texas within the next couple years.

1. I hope you get a raise!

2. I feel a little bad for saying it, but I hope the ax people, so you get a boost in hours.

3. Very unlikely that they will have you working full-time. Maybe a couple hours shy so they won't have to extend insurance to you. (Just my experience from working retail in college.)

EGADS! Where are you thinking about hunkering down? Dallas, Austin, or Houston area? Why TX?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 10:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why TX?

god that is a good question.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 10:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the people I work with too much to want any of 'em fired. Besides I know the situations some of 'em are in and I'd rather quit than let them lose their job if at all possible.

Yea, I don't really expect full-time. I'd be fine with having full-time hours without the benefits, to be honest but I know they won't give me that.

I believe the current plan is Austin but I need to talk about it more before I give a definitive answer on that. Texas because I actually semi-enjoyed it while I was down there and I need a chance to get out of state for a while. It's also a chance to live with long-time friends and experience something very different from normal. There's still a lot to plan out though so we'll see what happens.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 10:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Why TX?

god that is a good question.

Summers are the worst...And Perry...Aaaaannnnnddddd if Abbott gets elected. Mmm...Uhhh...

/cringe

This weekend, I got a little curious, snatched up, and began browsing my buddy's Student Code of Conduct book for her daughter's school. There was something a little perplexing/concerning in it that I don't remember from when I was in school.

Think! Think! Think! It'll come to me.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 10:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also a chance to live with long-time friends and experience something very different from normal. There's still a lot to plan out though so we'll see what happens.

*** that!

you're young & free!!! good god man, save up 200$ and gogogogogoogogogo! then don't look back. absolute worst case scenerio you can't find a job, run out of money, & have to be a man *** until you get on your feet.

GO!

/shakes spath violently

why are you still here!??!?!?

get!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 10:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also a chance to live with long-time friends and experience something very different from normal. There's still a lot to plan out though so we'll see what happens.

*** that!

you're young & free!!! good god man, save up 200$ and gogogogogoogogogo! then don't look back. absolute worst case scenerio you can't find a job, run out of money, & have to be a man *** until you get on your feet.

GO!

/shakes spath violently

why are you still here!??!?!?

get!
Lmao While I'm sure I would make an amazing man ***(HAHAAHAHAHA) It would suck so much *** going down there all by myself given my personality.

Right now the thought of it being a possibility is at least giving me something to fight for and that's what I need.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This weekend, I got a little curious, snatched up, and began browsing my buddy's Student Code of Conduct book for her daughter's school. There was something a little perplexing/concerning in it that I don't remember from when I was in school.

Think! Think! Think! It'll come to me.

FINISH THE *** STORY!!!

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 10:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Austin

Well, you'll have plenty to do here!!! :D 6th Street, Alamo Drafthouse, Barton Springs, Lake Travis, Shiner Brewery (South of here), floating the Guadalupe or Comal (South of here), all kinds of exciting stuff!
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 10:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Austin

Well, you'll have plenty to do here!!! :D 6th Street, Alamo Drafthouse, Barton Springs, Lake Travis, Shiner Brewery (South of here), floating the Guadalupe or Comal (South of here), all kinds of exciting stuff!
*wipes tear from eye* Things to do. I didn't know it was possible.

Also, the thought of finally being able to drink legally this year has got me watering at the mouth. :Q

Not even because it means I can get drunk whenever I want. More because it means I can finally order a drink or two at dinner, or go to a bar or a club or something and make an idiot of myself in front of women and just not give a damn. XP
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 10:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooo~Ooooo~Ooooo!!! Port Aransas and Padre are a four hour drive South too! Beach!:D

EDIT: Mardis Gras on the Strand in Galveston!!! EAK! So much rushing back! You could have a lot of fun here!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 10:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now the thought of it being a possibility is at least giving me something to fight for and that's what I need.

fair enough.

I'm telling you though, if you can find work, now's the time. you'll be either too lazy or too obligated in your 30's for that type of stuff. I really don't regret any crazy *** I did from 16-25, because by god, it was a ball, & now I have the whole rest of my life to do things the "responsible way"

my kids are going to be so confused when I turn into a total street bum wino after they're out of college. they'll go "wtf, dad totally lost his ***, huh?" but the truth will be I never had it to begin with, & only held onto it out of sheer nessicity.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 10:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough.

I'm telling you though, if you can find work, now's the time. you'll be either too lazy or too obligated in your 30's for that type of stuff. I really don't regret any crazy *** I did from 16-25, because by god, it was a ball, & now I have the whole rest of my life to do things the "responsible way"

my kids are going to be so confused when I turn into a total street bum wino after they're out of college. they'll go "wtf, dad totally lost his ***, huh?" but the truth will be I never had it to begin with, & only held onto it out of sheer nessicity.
Luckily I still got about ~9 years before I hit that 30 bump. :D

Also, I've felt obligated/lazy since middle school. This idea of moving is my first step away from that fake obligation I've forced upon myself all these years.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 10:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

it'll feel like 5 days.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

it'll feel like 5 days.
Don't tell me that. x.x Ever since I started work time has gotten shorter and shorter and it's bugging the crap out of me.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-05 10:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

it'll feel like 5 days.
Isn't that the truth lol...

no basements... no flavin...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 11:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't tell me that. x.x Ever since I started work time has gotten shorter and shorter and it's bugging the crap out of me.

it is my duty as a old *** that has already been down that road.

I remember old timers telling me that, & "thinking ya, right, pops, w/e, why don't you go get a cup of coffee from mcdonalds at 5am" but jesus were they right.

don't mind me. I just have time to think of these things nowadays & it *** really wierds me out. take yesterday for instance, I got a decent raise, which for w/e reason sent me into a strange spiral of depression that lead to a fifth of whiskey down my gullet. I should have been celebrating, but I'm old, & it reminded me that I'm only getting older & the things I would've done with all that bread 10 years ago, nonsense, confusion, what EXACTLY am I bummed out for? ect.... ect... ect....

GO TO TEXAS AND MAKE SWEET LOVE TO MANY STRANGERS!!!!!!!!

THEN GO TO CALIFORNIA & DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

*** MAN LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, idk, I'm mostly screwing around.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-05 11:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man... too much VD in CA and FL... anywhere else should be fine though...

Edit: you got married too young Mos!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 11:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

GO TO TEXAS AND MAKE SWEET LOVE TO MANY STRANGERS!!!!!!!!

THEN GO TO CALIFORNIA & DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!
Those two lines made me laugh so hard. XP That would never happen in a million years.

Speaking of old people though, there's a regular at work that is always smoking on the bench in front of the store when I get off work. Being me I always talk to him on my way out, mostly him joking about me coming out late (usually if I'm cashier I don't get out until 6:08~6:15 because our replacement doesn't come in till exactly 6 and we have to turn in both of our tills once they finally do get out there). Well we got into talking about how I felt about them cutting my hours and his response was akin to "Yea, you deserve better. You're a good kid and the store's owner has been scaring away good help ever since he took over."

Gave me warm fuzzies. It's one thing to hear I'm doing a good job from co-workers(especially since a lot of them like to put up masks and talk behind each others backs all the time so I can't tell how serious they are) but it's another thing to hear it from one of the customers. :3
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 11:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations on the raise, Mos!

Yeah, there has been a lot of introspection and reflection on my childhood, teens, and twenties lately. I thought it was pregnancy-induced, but it's lingering. I think the cusp of thirty or around thirty everyone gets that way though. (Granted, I won't be thirty until next year.)

For better or for worse, it's all a great learning experience, Spath. Great things to reflect upon, but only if you're one of the ones who can get footloose and fancy free on a whim. May as well.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 11:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Something something something midlife crisis something something something OLD!

*hides*
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 11:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »

Nah, I'm ok.

I was just meant to do a whole lot more traveling and mixing it up then I ever got accomplished. there's no one to blame but myself, & I'm not going to be one of those slices of ***that lays all the burden on his wife & kids. I will be my happy little self, & be a major wino in my 50's. I've told you guys quite a bit, but theres TONS of wild *** stories I have from those times. short of getting out of the country, I got everything done that needed to be done.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 11:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL! I was thinking of moving to CA, CO, or WA a few years ago when I was having a quarter-life spazz moment.

Those or Germany doing CPOL stuff 'n junk.

Oh God! Spath! Adventures in retail! NEVER AGAIN! What's worse is if you're working at say...Forever 21 with a bunch of gals.

/shakes head
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-09-05 11:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like this will be me in five to ten years...

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-09-05 11:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL! I was thinking of moving to CA, CO, or WA a few years ago when I was having a quarter-life spazz moment.

Oh God! Spath! Adventures in retail! NEVER AGAIN! What's worse is if you're working at say...Forever 21 with a bunch of gals.

/shakes head
Working with a bunch of cute girls? Awesome! ... until you realize that because you're the only guy working there they probably think you're gay...

Damn it. lmao
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 11:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

CPOL

?
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-09-05 11:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

/shakes head
Working with a bunch of cute girls? Awesome! ... until you realize that because you're the only guy working there they probably think you're gay...

Damn it. lmao

Getting your hair colored more frequently than they do won't help your case either...

By the way Zah, got a question.
What's that little clicky flashy thing you use to indicate turning or swapping lanes....or does that not exist in your state?!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-09-05 11:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I was just foolin... I only had a couple of years that generated stories like that lol.. I got engaged pretty young so my college life wasn't too wild lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-09-05 11:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

.. I got engaged pretty young so my college life wasn't too wild lol...

whhhhaaaaAA????

you're married?

or that deal didn't pan out?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16127 16128 16129 ... 18549 18550 18551