Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said: »
I have yet to meet an illness I couldn't drown with water and orange juice.
You have the same mentality as my grandfather.. except he believes in the power of Hydracortizone cream.

Broken leg? Put some cream on.

Losing hair? Cream.

Classic.
By Drjones 2013-07-10 11:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I just have an absurdly effective immune system. Seriously though, staying hydrated helps a ton when you're sick.

My real weakness is allergies. I am perpetually coughing and sneezing because nature keeps finding its way indoors.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 11:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I just have an absurdly effective immune system. Seriously though, staying hydrated helps a ton when you're sick.
Extremely true. I wish my immune system was that good, I got mine from my mother's side, and when surrounded by sick people I get sick as well, usually twice as worse. D:

My real weakness is allergies. I am perpetually coughing and sneezing because nature keeps finding its way indoors.
I've just started with that.. and it's been so much worse since moving to OK. Didn't realize I had them until I moved, thought I was just getting a cold all the time.
By Drjones 2013-07-10 11:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tree bukkake season is the worst.
[+]
 Shiva.Azraelina
Server: Shiva
user: Azraelina
By Shiva.Azraelina 2013-07-10 11:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Extremely true. I wish my immune system was that good, I got mine from my mother's side, and when surrounded by sick people I get sick as well, usually twice as worse. D:

I've just started with that.. and it's been so much worse since moving to OK. Didn't realize I had them until I moved, thought I was just getting a cold all the time.
Oh
My
God

I'm in OK too and I'm right there with you ; ;
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Azraelina said: »

Oh
My
God

I'm in OK too and I'm right there with you ; ;
Being introduced to Claritin was like being given candy for the first time.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-10 11:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have poor health :/ I mean, I don't actually catch colds and stuff often, but feeling weak/generally sick happens a lot.

Wounds instead heal superfast! Not like superhero fast, but if I cut myself it's gonna disappear completely without a trace in few hours!
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 12:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the immune system of a bear!

although I think I've degraded it slighty by smoking for 15 years.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we'll see how fast I heal, because I just sliced my finger on a mirror... SERIOUSLY.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-10 12:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Circumcision and health

Circumcision reduces the chance of squamous cell carcinoma of the penis, that's the only health benefit I can remember off the top of my head. The "morality" of it is debatable though, since obviously removing something is the best way to prevent cancer of that specific organ...because you won't have that organ.

I think as far as that goes it's a bit of a gray area, it's generally recommended, for example, for Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome patients to remove their testes because it can easily develop into cancer. (Their gonads have no physiological function.)
By fonewear 2013-07-10 12:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't believe I'm saying this but rather get back to feminism discussion.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 12:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

but we worked so hard to de-rail this thing into oblivion!
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
but we worked so hard to de-rail this thing into oblivion!
Choo Choo!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 12:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Iron my shirt.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Iron my shirt.
Psssh, make me a sammich.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-07-10 12:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

._.

Is it worth it backreading? It doesn't seem to be

._.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how all threads on FFXIAH end up:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Elephants and all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-10 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I thought we were trying to establish if female genital mutilation and circumcision were the same thing. Both originated as religious/cultural things but the former has no health benefits whatsoever I can think of while the latter actually does even if you want to argue it's only to combat a 1% chance.

but we can go back to talking about how doctors suck if we want to do that
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I dunno, I thought we were trying to establish if female genital mutilation and circumcision were the same thing. Both originated as religious/cultural things but the former has no health benefits whatsoever I can think of while the latter actually does even if you want to argue it's only to combat a 1% chance.

but we can go back to talking about how doctors suck if we want to do that
Like I said earlier, some women have had their clitoris removed thinking it was a penis instead, thus leaving them with no sexual feeling at all. Having some feeling is better than none.

That, and more and more women are experiencing the "constant orgasm" syndrome, which sounds like it would be awesome, but isn't. :|
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 daughters as well, no one wanted to mutilate thier genitals, but if the religion in my area dictated it, I would denouce said religion & get the AK loaded for bear.

inb4 "you would've just been indoctrinated, blah, blah, blah" it doesn't apply here, because everyone I knew until I was 16 tried to indocrinate the ***out of me with catholicism(sp?) but that didn't take, so I highly doubt it.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 daughters as well, no one wanted to mutilate thier genitals, but if the religion in my area dictated it, I would denouce said religion & get the AK loaded for bear.

inb4 "you would've just been indoctrinated, blah, blah, blah" it doesn't apply here, because everyone I knew until I was 16 tried to indocrinate the ***out of me with catholicism(sp?) but that didn't take, so I highly doubt it.
Remember too in a lot of those areas, girls are brought up to think "if you don't do this then you'll never get married and be a good wife like you should be".

I don't think it's right and I wouldn't do it, but everyone is different. As long as they're happy and living their lives peacefully it shouldn't be a problem. Doing it for pure pain and anguish is a different story.

Edit: I just thought about it, when people get piercings on their vaginas and other places like that, are we really any different?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 12:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

. As long as they're happy and living their lives peacefully it shouldn't be a problem.

while that's true, it's just so shitty to slap your non-sense onto someone who has just been born & is for the only time ever in thier lives, innocent.
[+]
By Comablack187 2013-07-10 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jingles said: »
Okay, yeah, not going to bother now. Men's Rights is a movement based on discomfort, of having centuries of authority questioned. If you honestly think that you have it rough... I honestly don't know what more you want. Y'all have better jobs, make more money, are more represented in the media, the government, practically everywhere. Women want to be treated as human beings worthy of dignity and respect, and some men get ridiculously posterior peeved. Women can't even claim control of their bodies anymore, they're a commodity. I really don't know why I bothered commenting on something like this, because after one post, my opinion has been invalidated.

First of all. this does not have anything to do with the tread that was made.

Second of all.... Your mentioning of women not having control of their own bodies is a tool used by politicians to gain your vote. You are their pawn.

And getting back to the thread.... there must be something more important that they could be doing with their time. Our country is on the verge of bankruptcy with scandal after scandal in the white house who has a spending problem... and these *** want to make people feel good about what they are called. Seems to me they have their priorities in the wrong place.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

. As long as they're happy and living their lives peacefully it shouldn't be a problem.

while that's true, it's just so shitty to slap your non-sense onto someone who has just been born & is for the only time ever in thier lives, innocent.
I agree, but different cultures are.. well.. different.

Different beliefs and such and different priorities. Where we could look at genital mutilation as horrible, they could look at Christianity as being barbaric and harboring slaves to religion. I'm using this as pure example, not saying it's truth at all.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 12:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Comablack187 said: »
Siren.Jingles said: »
Okay, yeah, not going to bother now. Men's Rights is a movement based on discomfort, of having centuries of authority questioned. If you honestly think that you have it rough... I honestly don't know what more you want. Y'all have better jobs, make more money, are more represented in the media, the government, practically everywhere. Women want to be treated as human beings worthy of dignity and respect, and some men get ridiculously posterior peeved. Women can't even claim control of their bodies anymore, they're a commodity. I really don't know why I bothered commenting on something like this, because after one post, my opinion has been invalidated.

Second of all.... Your mentioning of women not having control of their own bodies is a tool used by politicians to gain your vote. You are their pawn.

And getting back to the thread.... there must be something more important that they could be doing with their time. Our country is on the verge of bankruptcy with scandal after scandal in the white house who has a spending problem... and these *** want to make people feel good about what they are called. Seems to me they have their priorities in the wrong place.
Their priorities are in the right places for themselves. Showing they care about women gets them more votes to stay in office. A good plan if I've ever seen one.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-07-10 12:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Comablack187 said: »

My guess is that's in reference to the abortion issue. But lets take a moment to be honest here... abortion is not about controlling women, it's about controlling poor people. If I get pregnant and I don't want it and live in a state that doesn't allow abortions: I fly abroad. If a poor person gets pregnant they have no options.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 13:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what religion we are talking about, I'm hoping its not more western-media skewed reporting on Islam.

Islam has always emphasized on healthy sexual relationships. There are a few groups of people, not Islam, that got it wrong and its more to do with their infusing their ethnic culture into Islam - such as in central Asia and Africa.

Only Men are circumcised in Judiasm and Islam. There's no doctrine anywhere in Islam on women being circumcised.

Women's sexual rights in Islam: (you have to see this in perspective and context, 1,437 years ago this was the doctrine while you know, or can easily research, what state of affairs the church was in with regards to women)

In Islam if a man doesn't satisfy his wife's sexual needs, she has a legitimate case for divorce. Women can divorce their men if they are not satisfied with their performance (bet a lot of you guys are happy as *** you're not muslim lol)

Again, there will be cases of people who identify themselves as Muslims who follow some of its theology and doctrine, but also follow their own cultural heritage.

Islam places great emphasis on sexuality. While the Vatican church was claiming that sex and pleasures of the flesh are taboo, Islam was encouraging husbands and wives to get jiggy.
By fonewear 2013-07-10 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when you thought it couldn't get more off topic now we are throwing in abortions and religion.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 13:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when you thought it couldn't get more off topic now we are throwing in abortions and religion.

Ooops, did I derail?

Apologies, I didn't mean too :)
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 13:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

I don't know what religion we are talking about, I'm hoping its not more western-media skewed reporting on Islam.

Islam has always emphasized on healthy sexual relationships. There are a few groups of people, not Islam, that got it wrong and its more to do with their infusing their ethnic culture into Islam - such as in central Asia and Africa.

Only Men are circumcised in Judiasm and Islam. There's no doctrine anywhere in Islam on women being circumcised.

Women's sexual rights in Islam: (you have to see this in perspective and context, 1,437 years ago this was the doctrine while you know, or can easily research, what state of affairs the vatican church was in with regards to women)

In Islam if a man doesn't satisfy his wife's sexual needs, she has a legitimate case for divorce. Women can divorce their men if they are not satisfied with their performance (bet a lot of you guys are happy as *** you're not muslim lol)

Again, there will be cases of people who identify themselves as Muslims who follow some of its theology and doctrine, but also follow their own cultural heritage.

Islam places great emphasis on sexuality. While the Vatican church was claiming that sex and pleasures of the flesh are taboo, Islam was encouraging husbands and wives to get jiggy.
There's nothing wrong with Islam at all.. I think what we're referencing are something along the lines of tribes in the jungles where they do this to women because it's perceived as "beauty". They also do it usually to a child when they have no say for themselves in the matter. They're just told they have to because it's the way.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25