Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25
By fonewear 2013-07-10 08:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I find cake to be the most offensive of the desserts. Makes me want to get in the kitchen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-10 08:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Melpomenae said: »
Ragnarok.Corres said: »
Imposters in my movement!
i think it's pretty well established that you are unable to even fathom the idiocy-politics that have come by feminism.
If you are really that blind towards the changing world you live in right now then godspeed to you.

Even if i "hurt your feelings" when i type "***" or "mangina" it does not matter to me. Because invaluating an argument because of the tone it comes across is chick-logic and disfunctional by itself. So is sarcasm, a thing many many women tend to use and use a lot.
An argument is still and argument even when presented with words that offend.
Why do i take the freedom to offend you in the first place?
Well, firstly because of this
not even a single, single true statement here. Feminism has never even tried to help men "get free" from male behaviour. They shame men for their behaviour. They accuse them of assault or even rape because they feel so inclined to. And Women are from their evolution better suited to take care of a child. More so than men.
But a child needs both parents, which in return gets called "***" by feminists today.

I do agree with you that there are feminists out there that want "equality" (what a stupid word for both genders) for both. However Feminism has and never will go that route.

I never said you hurt my feelings, or offended me in any way, so where did you get that? I never claimed that arguments are less when you have a dirty, offensive mouth, especially since I'm guilty of that myself. Chick logic, though? Really? Might as well come out and say all us vaginas be droolin retards, herp.

Keep putting your hands over your ears and lalalalala'ing, but that doesn't make you right.
Also, you deserve to be jailed for rape if you raped somebody. Is this an issue now?
and loooooool at the women being super great childraisers thing. Your logic is unstable. If women were automatically the best childrearers 9 times out of 10 (excluding drug abusers and mentally ill people) why are "men's right's activists" bitching about custody rights at all? Why is it a problem then, if the kids are going to the best to care for them? You can't have your cake and eat it too.
A father can't want to be a part of his children's life? Its also a fact that more females have a sensitive sense towards children and taking care of them. I mean, why do they have breasts again? lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-10 08:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But I actually have >.> and I'd continue to. Hell, everytime I hear on Facebook someone's planning on snipping their baby boys, I rage and throw medical links at them and let them know it's not their choice to make. I'd quickly protest to end sexist things that bog men down as well as women. These things are too linked NOT to. It's the same sexism, doing two different things to two crowds of people. It's my pay discrepancy that leads to the bias that men should always work and never be stay at home dads. It's the sexual double standard that never leaves men their own domestic violence shelters. Most feminists are really like this, at least in the circles I frequent.
Anecdotal. You sound like a good person, and you sound like you've captured an idealistic vision of feminism. Unfortunately, that is not, and likely will never be, how the culture actually functions. Feminism is rampant male-shaming, victim-playing, and relies heavily on political and social manipulation to achieve it's goals. The true equality standpoint is a very core point here, as women will always use it to try to market feminism to men.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-10 08:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Here ya'll go. Deploying one of the most vocal Men Rights' Activists.

Men not marrying? How deep does "the problem" go?

Look out! It's a Nice Guy! DESTROY HIM!!11!

When female privilege backfires...

Feminism and the Disposable Male

Enough ammunition here to end any feminist debate.
[+]
 Phoenix.Melpomenae
Server: Phoenix
user: brena
By Phoenix.Melpomenae 2013-07-10 08:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Imposters in my movement!
i think it's pretty well established that you are unable to even fathom the idiocy-politics that have come by feminism.
If you are really that blind towards the changing world you live in right now then godspeed to you.

Even if i "hurt your feelings" when i type "***" or "mangina" it does not matter to me. Because invaluating an argument because of the tone it comes across is chick-logic and disfunctional by itself. So is sarcasm, a thing many many women tend to use and use a lot.
An argument is still and argument even when presented with words that offend.
Why do i take the freedom to offend you in the first place?
Well, firstly because of this
not even a single, single true statement here. Feminism has never even tried to help men "get free" from male behaviour. They shame men for their behaviour. They accuse them of assault or even rape because they feel so inclined to. And Women are from their evolution better suited to take care of a child. More so than men.
But a child needs both parents, which in return gets called "***" by feminists today.

I do agree with you that there are feminists out there that want "equality" (what a stupid word for both genders) for both. However Feminism has and never will go that route.

I never said you hurt my feelings, or offended me in any way, so where did you get that? I never claimed that arguments are less when you have a dirty, offensive mouth, especially since I'm guilty of that myself. Chick logic, though? Really? Might as well come out and say all us vaginas be droolin retards, herp.

Keep putting your hands over your ears and lalalalala'ing, but that doesn't make you right.
Also, you deserve to be jailed for rape if you raped somebody. Is this an issue now?
and loooooool at the women being super great childraisers thing. Your logic is unstable. If women were automatically the best childrearers 9 times out of 10 (excluding drug abusers and mentally ill people) why are "men's right's activists" bitching about custody rights at all? Why is it a problem then, if the kids are going to the best to care for them? You can't have your cake and eat it too.
A father can't want to be a part of his children's life? Its also a fact that more females have a sensitive sense towards children and taking care of them. I mean, why do they have breasts again? lol

When we're taking custody fights we're usually determining who gets the main amount of custody. I wasn't talking visitation rights.

Breasts are super powerful child sensors though. Nips act like compasses towards screaming infants. >.>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-07-10 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to go to work, but can we please keep this civil?

If we start hurling insults left and right, it's just going to hit 9 pages of "ur a turd", and we have some real potential if we chill out and try and hash out this issue in a scholarly manner.
[+]
 Phoenix.Melpomenae
By Phoenix.Melpomenae 2013-07-10 08:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
But I actually have >.> and I'd continue to. Hell, everytime I hear on Facebook someone's planning on snipping their baby boys, I rage and throw medical links at them and let them know it's not their choice to make. I'd quickly protest to end sexist things that bog men down as well as women. These things are too linked NOT to. It's the same sexism, doing two different things to two crowds of people. It's my pay discrepancy that leads to the bias that men should always work and never be stay at home dads. It's the sexual double standard that never leaves men their own domestic violence shelters. Most feminists are really like this, at least in the circles I frequent.
Anecdotal. You sound like a good person, and you sound like you've captured an idealistic vision of feminism. Unfortunately, that is not, and likely will never be, how the culture actually functions. Feminism is rampant male-shaming, victim-playing, and relies heavily on political and social manipulation to achieve it's goals. The true equality standpoint is a very core point here, as women will always use it to try to market feminism to men.

Thank you! I just wish I knew who these women are that keep making guys think feminism is so toxic like many of you do. I don't understand. I've been to feminist rallies, pro-choice protests, I've read too much to count about feminism, and my opinion seems to be the popular one. Again, anecdotal I know, but only relating to my curiosity.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 08:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been to feminist rallies, pro-choice protests, I've read too much to count about feminism, and my opinion seems to be the popular one. Again, anecdotal I know, but only relating to my curiosity.
So you do defend this stupidity?
YouTube Video Placeholder

Working signs can be sexist!

rape story/play gets hailed as "a good rape"

If this isn't ***-behaviour that demands to be punished that i surely don't know what to show you more.
I don't find the video at the moment where feminists have a demonstration where they try to stop men from gathering and discuss about male rights. was on some campus...
disgusting *** behaviour and it NEEDS to be PUNISHED. But since there are so many manginas and white knights out there it won't stop at the moment.
And don't get me wrong the ***-behaviour is done by female and male idiots.
[+]
 Phoenix.Melpomenae
By Phoenix.Melpomenae 2013-07-10 08:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did you assume that I'd find that acceptable? Of course I don't. Besides, what that woman said in that story is illogical. There's no such thing as a "good rape". Lack of concent is rape, full stop. It's that simple. I don't think he should have been fired. Just because a woman says something with feminism tags doesn't make her a feminist.

Also, I'm sorry I can't watch your video, light sleepers around me >.<
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 08:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because a woman says something with feminism tags doesn't make her a feminist.
yet, that is because they can get away with pretty much the most disgusting things. Feminism is exactly that.

here's another example if you really want women to be on the same level think about who you support:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-10 08:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

@Corres

Ignore what their saying and only pay attention to what they do.

Has she, at any point, criticized specific feminist leaders or advocates? It's those leaders and advocated that are the ones leading the hardline "all men are rapists" anti-men movement. When you see a women stand up and criticize one of the high priestesses, they turn on her like vicious pack animals. So instead she'll use vague references and "Not All Feminists Are Like That" which I will then reference

NAFALT!!!!1!!1!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-10 08:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been to feminist rallies, pro-choice protests, I've read too much to count about feminism, and my opinion seems to be the popular one. Again, anecdotal I know, but only relating to my curiosity.
ITT: All 'feminist' are fine with female on female rape.

Just like all men are savage rapists.

Using extreme outlying cases to generalize and then using those cases to justify putting down a theoretically wonderful movement is quite stupid.
By fonewear 2013-07-10 08:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still trying to have my cake and eat it too. Seems impossible to do. Cliches are hard to eat.
 Phoenix.Melpomenae
By Phoenix.Melpomenae 2013-07-10 08:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
@Corres

Ignore what their saying and only pay attention to what they do.

Has she, at any point, criticized specific feminist leaders or advocates? It's those leaders and advocated that are the ones leading the hardline "all men are rapists" anti-men movement. When you see a women stand up and criticize one of the high priestesses, they turn on her like vicious pack animals. So instead she'll use vague references and "Not All Feminists Are Like That" which I will then reference

NAFALT!!!!1!!1!

I don't quote and criticize because I honestly don't follow too many people. Jessica Valenti and Gloria Steinam is probably the only well known feminist authors I can name. I'm really just not a person that follows on words and people like that. I'm not a big namedropper on any topic.
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 08:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

Using extreme outlying cases to generalize and then using those cases to justify putting down a theoretically wonderful movement is quite stupid.
where did i generalise in this very post?
i posted some examples and made clear that behaviour like this is unacceptable. and having a "theoretical wonderful movement" does not make your argument valid. Because feminism is not a theoretical wonderful movement. Never has and never will be.
 Phoenix.Melpomenae
By Phoenix.Melpomenae 2013-07-10 08:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'm still trying to have my cake and eat it too. Seems impossible to do. Cliches are hard to eat.

Technically you could eat half the cake and freeze the other half.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-10 08:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Their not extreme outlying cases, their the leaders of that movement. Their the ones who get invited to speak at conferences and in front of public figures. Calling them "extreme outlying cases" is like calling Hillary Clinton or Al Gore an "extreme outlying cases" of the liberal movement.

I ignore what people say and only pay attention to what they do. The leaders of the feminist movement are calling for male sterilization and spreading hate speech about men. Because they have vagina's they can exercise their female privilege and not be ostracized or publicly criticized for that hate speech.
By fonewear 2013-07-10 08:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagina's exercise first amendment rights that is news to me. I thought vaginas were for getting sand into them.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-10 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

where did i generalise in this very post?
i posted some examples and made clear that behaviour like this is unacceptable. and having a "theoretical wonderful movement" does not make your argument valid. Because feminism is not a theoretical wonderful movement. Never has and never will be.
Assuming she, as a feminist, automatically supported that. You phrased it as a question, but nowhere in her post (or any of them) has she alluded to being for putting down men in anyway or pushed female superiority.

Feminism isn't a theoretically wonderful movement? True feminism is gender equality. That's absolutely wonderful.

If I marry, have children and then divorce for whatever reason... I'd like to stand a chance at being able to keep my children. In the current state of things, that's unlikely to happen.

Again, using extreme outlying cases to generalize and then put down a movement is stupid.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-10 09:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/an-open-letter-to-feminists/

You can't say your goal is gender equality then only work toward improving the female end. It's hypocritical, pathetic, and nothing more than a shield used against any detractors to your cause. As has been stated, there may be thousands, even millions of feminists who want true equality. That is not reflected in the effect of your movement, nor in the leaders' (well-publicized) opinions. I would not have anything bad to say about a feminist who truly worked toward gender equality.. but you can't simply state that you're in support of it then radically work toward progressing the female agenda. It's laughable at best.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-10 09:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Reference my above post, it's not generalizations nor extreme outlying cases. It's the leaders of this movement and their political agenda's involving this movement.

Feminism is NOT about equal treatment of women, hasn't been that way since the the 70's and 80's. The feminism that evolved throughout the 90's is a militant version that focus's on empowering females with as many advantages as possible and attempts to subjugate males into permanent beta-providers / worker drones.

What people say is useless, what they do is what's important. A feminist can say whatever she wants all day long without any meaning, it's only when she does something that it matters.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-10 09:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
I have to go to work, but can we please keep this civil?

If we start hurling insults left and right, it's just going to hit 9 pages of "ur a turd", and we have some real potential if we chill out and try and hash out this issue in a scholarly manner.

I think this "issue" is easily "hashed out" by discontinuing legislation based around opinion.

Do we need to continue to pander to a "perpetual victim society"?

Definitely Not

Should we have standards for what is ok to say, and what isn't?

Probably. I can understand that verbal abuse can cause serious, and borderline irreparable damage to a person. Children, elderly, or a sex that might pretend to be weaker only when it suits them, can supposedly (i only say supposedly because i haven't experienced it first hand) come to believe they are worthless, filty, etc based on hearing it everyday. HOWEVER, I do not believe that the *** terms "mankind" "manhole" etc are ruining lives (let alone causing any emotional or mental harm).

Are you seriously, genuinely offended by the term "freshman"?

Grow the *** up. If a guy comes in my office and tells me "I don't like the guy i work with", I tell him to grow the *** up. What are you, *** five? What happened to sticks and stones? Are we going to turn this into demolition man society where you are fined for saying ***in your own bathroom? There's being classy, tactful, dignified, modern, etc. Then there's taking a good idea and running with it.

We're now a sue-happy society. Doctor worked miracles for 30 years but *** up minutely? Sue.
Government Aid? Brilliant idea. Abused to ***. I knew people who grew up on farms and couldn't afford the crop for next year, but couldn't get a single foodstamp. I know at least 7 adults firsthand (and another bajillion in michigan) who fudge their taxes, collect wellfare etc etc. If you don't say "this is too much" or "this is *** stupid" and draw a line people will run with ***until they're out of breath. It's just huMAN nature.
[+]
 Odin.Jmac
Server: Odin
user: JmacIfrit
By Odin.Jmac 2013-07-10 09:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole thread just makes me sad.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 09:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Feminism isn't a theoretically wonderful movement? True feminism is gender equality. That's absolutely wonderful.

marked the things bolded as stupid. Give me please any source about true feminism that does not include false statistics or any other nonsense.

Quote:
If I marry, have children and then divorce for whatever reason... I'd like to stand a chance at being able to keep my children. In the current state of things, that's unlikely to happen.
While marrying is not a good option for any man out there i agree with you very deeply so, dare i say. Any parent would like to have their child around them.

Quote:
Again, using extreme outlying cases to generalize and then put down a movement is stupid.
please show me any sorce where feminist sit down and talk rationally, understandable things that does not make the women the victim all the time and calls for true respect for both genders. (meaning: non-emotionall arguments given by women (which is quite rare to find i must say))
[+]
 Phoenix.Melpomenae
By Phoenix.Melpomenae 2013-07-10 09:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

marked the things bolded as stupid. Give me please any source about true feminism that does not include false statistics or any other nonsense.

Quote:
While marrying is not a good option for any man out there i agree with you very deeply so, dare i say. Any parent would like to have their child around them.

Quote:
please show me any sorce where feminist sit down and talk rationally, understandable things that does not make the women the victim all the time and calls for true respect for both genders. (meaning: non-emotionall arguments given by women (which is quite rare to find i must say))

I'm still waiting for you to point out my super emotional arguments here.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-10 09:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly from female friends (inb4whiteknight) I've learned about feminism from. No one you'll see a youtube video about. True feminism, by the way, not the extreme manhating victim playing you're all talking about and assuming (and thus generalizing) most feminist do.

So, I can't provide a source.

And thus why I've been saying "THEORETICALLY feminism is a wonderful movement." I'm well aware there are some very outspoken manhating victim playing women acting under the banner of feminism.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 09:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Man... I didn't know we had so many guys on the forums that liked to pull the victim card lol...
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2013-07-10 09:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'll bet the MHRM will eventually have "members" doing the same ***as the "feminist" you're talking about. If with a different twist.

People will always take things to extremes.
By fonewear 2013-07-10 09:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing the gender equality card it only works if you have ***.
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 09:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said: »
And I'll bet the MHRM will eventually have "members" doing the same ***as the "feminist" you're talking about. If with a different twist.

People will always take things to extremes.
Idk... it already seems like they are... but when it's you perpetuating the extreme it seems easier to put on the blinders...
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25