Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-10 16:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread is now awesome again. lol
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 16:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Well why doesn't it look good for me to leave her when she's crying? Does every realistically conceivable explanation involve some form of misogyny on my part? Doesn't that illustrate the particular prejudice to blame men first? Where do you think that comes from if not from modern feminism?

There's a reason he didn't come up to me and say "Excuse me sir, are you alright? Did your woman step out of line?" I'm sure in the policeman's handbook there's a chapter titled: If you see a woman who appears to be in an abusive relationship proceed this way. He wasn't trying to be macho, he was completely following procedure.

...ahem police-person's
... from the all too common occurrence of domestic violence against women? Are you really that *** dense?
I wouldn't really say it like that though... there is a great deal of domestic violence against males as well though the perpetrator is overwhelmingly male...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-07-10 16:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lost a few pages due to foreskin talk....
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 16:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
Well why doesn't it look good for me to leave her when she's crying? Does every realistically conceivable explanation involve some form of misogyny on my part? Doesn't that illustrate the particular prejudice to blame men first? Where do you think that comes from if not from modern feminism?

There's a reason he didn't come up to me and say "Excuse me sir, are you alright? Did your woman step out of line?" I'm sure in the policeman's handbook there's a chapter titled: If you see a woman who appears to be in an abusive relationship proceed this way. He wasn't trying to be macho, he was completely following procedure. ...ahem police-person's
if you can not fullfill the needs of your girlfriend and express your expectations (and she hers) then your realtionship is dysfunctional and you should work on creating order in your relationship. If you can not do that you should have no relationship at all.
From what he was saying, he even said that the cause of all this was the extra estrogen from the patch she was taking. It's like PMS on steroids really.

Doesn't seem like anything is wrong with the relationship, in fact I commend him for being able to stick with her through all this, because nowadays the term "crazy ***" gets thrown around too often.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 16:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about anatomy and political issues: Not interesting.

Talking about beating women, sex offenders and crazy people: WHERE IT'S AT!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »

There's a reason he didn't come up to me and say "Excuse me sir, are you alright? Did your woman step out of line?" I'm sure in the policeman's handbook there's a chapter titled: If you see a woman who appears to be in an abusive relationship proceed this way. He wasn't trying to be macho, he was completely following procedure.

...ahem police-person's
... from the all too common occurrence of domestic violence against women? Are you really that *** dense?
I wouldn't really say it like that though... there is a great deal of domestic violence against males as well though the perpetrator is overwhelmingly male...
you got a dropbox account?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57673682/domestic%20violence%20papers%202007.pdf
Yes many men physically abuse women and they have to be stopped. But domestic violence does not just drop out of heaven most of the times.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 16:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean by domestic violence just doesn't drop out of heaven most of the time?
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 16:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean by domestic violence just doesn't drop out of heaven most of the time?
how about this:

and yes i know Bill Burr is a comedian and not everything he says has to be accounted for being the truth this one rings quite like it:
YouTube Video Placeholder

at 2:17 pretty good thing
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 16:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't get your point... I mean even Mr. Burr is saying well there's a great deal of reasons you might want to do it but you still shouldn't ever do it...

Also, are you implying that Chris Brown should be excused of what he did or that Rhianna deserved it? Did you see the pictures of her face?

I'm trying to not assume you're saying that people could deserve something like this or that simply pushing someone away or throwing a shoe across the room because you're angry even comes close... but that's what it seems like you're saying...
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 16:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't get your point... I mean even Mr. Burr is saying well there's a great deal of reasons you might want to do it but you still shouldn't ever do it...

Also, are you implying that Chris Brown should be excused of what he did or that Rhianna deserved it? Did you see the pictures of her face?

I'm trying to not assume you're saying that people could deserve something like this or that simply pushing someone away or throwing a shoe across the room because you're angry even comes close... but that's what it seems like you're saying...
What he's saying is that when a woman hits a man (for cheating, in this instance) people look over it like there's nothing wrong.. but as soon as the man touches her, OH CRAP, HERE WE COME, HE'S SO DEAD, BURN AT THE STAKE.

Do I condone what he or she did? Absolutely not, but to make it seem like he was only at fault here (which a lot of people are led to believe) is delusional.

Women can be at fault, too, and "equal rights" should allow that as well, not only protect the woman.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-07-10 16:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

She started it, he answered.
physical violence whether from a man to a woman or vice versa is not acceptable. The reason being: his brutal attack on her is not a result of him being a woman beater with passion.

And him to be excused of that? he has got more issues to solve in his relationship because it went that far. To excuse physical violence regardless of the gender is wrong.

edit:
at 00:31 is this behaviour that should go unpunished?
YouTube Video Placeholder

would smack a big one on that *** believe me that.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 16:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is something very wrong with you... While I don't disagree with you on that no one should be getting physical with anyone in a relationship you can not be serious about even coming close to justifying what he did to her... or to even imply that she was the cause of her own demise...

If you were in the same situation are you saying you would beat the hell out of your g/f if she started pushing you away or slapped you? Then say oh well... she started it go blame her for making me do that to her?

You walk away...

Edit: not saying it should go unpunished... but you should do what that guy did and walk away...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 16:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »

What he's saying is that when a woman hits a man (for cheating, in this instance) people look over it like there's nothing wrong.. but as soon as the man touches her, OH CRAP, HERE WE COME, HE'S SO DEAD, BURN AT THE STAKE.

Do I condone what he or she did? Absolutely not, but to make it seem like he was only at fault here (which a lot of people are led to believe) is delusional.

Women can be at fault, too, and "equal rights" should allow that as well, not only protect the woman.
How do this have anything to do with equal rights? but let me get this straight... if you slap or hit me that gives me the right to beat you unconscious?

Edit: also, it's usually, not always, because in this case specifically the guy walks away like nothing happened to him and she looks like she got hit by a truck...
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 17:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

True gender equality would mean that the first person to assault the other person is the perp.

If a physically inferior man assaults a physically stronger man, the law doesn't side with the weaker/inferior man.

If you initiate violence, regardless of your gender, you should understand there are consequences.

Being weaker physically isn't a open cheque to assault the physically stronger and play victim. *** that.

If anyone assaults me I will retaliate. Equal rights?
I have the right to defend myself, and so does any person, regardless of whether they have a pair of titts or a ***.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-07-10 17:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinks feminism is a joke

also thinks violence is an acceptable punishment

OK BRO
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-07-10 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How do this have anything to do with equal rights? but let me get this straight... if you slap or hit me that gives me the right to beat you unconscious?
Random tangent, a form of Demanding Satisfaction for Duels was a slap in some cases. >_>; This has nothing to really do with topic I just need break from work RQ...

Hi! Back to your regularly scheduled debate.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 17:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

OK BRO

Punishment and retaliation are two different things.
You obviously don't know the difference or have done any reading on the fight or flight primal instincts of all creatures, including humans.

Go outside and test it.
Slap the next strange man you encounter in the street, and when you get your *** handed to you, ask them if they were punishing you and made a conscious decision to, or if they were retaliating.

Please come back and report your results after you have collected a sizable sample of data.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 17:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda makes me think about the movie con - air... not really sure if there are actual laws around like that or not though...

Also, there is a difference between defending yourself or ending a threat and beating the ***out of someone... is a g/f that is slapping at you and pushing you really pose a threat to your safety?
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 17:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: also, it's usually, not always, because in this case specifically the guy walks away like nothing happened to him and she looks like she got hit by a truck...
Because if this was about equal rights then she would have been charged with battery as much as he was.

Because she was a "poor girl that got beat on" she gets a free pass?

She started it, and should be punished as well. Doesn't matter who you are, you hit someone first, that's assault.

Oh god, I'm coming from personal experience again, god help me. Knew a guy who got into an arguement with his girlfriend. Guy had a *** FORK STUCK IN HIS CHEST FROM HER (still there when the cops arrived) and he got arrested because she said he struck her afterwards. She got off scot free. I know if I had a fork in my chest I'd be suing the *** who did it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 17:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

and............... DEMAINED!!!!

we can't talk about stuff guys stop seriously
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 17:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
and............... DEMAINED!!!!

we can't talk about stuff guys stop seriously
But.. I wanted to do more Caps Lock..

We all know Caps Lock is cruise control for cool. D:
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-07-10 17:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Demaining a 13 page thread is the mods way of contributing to the humor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-07-10 17:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

OK BRO

You obviously don't know the difference or have done any reading on the fight or flight primal instincts of all creatures, including humans.

Go outside and test it.
Slap the next strange man you encounter in the street, and when you get your *** handed to you, ask them if they were punishing you and made a conscious decision to, or if they were retaliating.

Please come back and report your results after you have collected a sizable sample of data.

The context is completely different and you are still dumb as ***. Good job!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-07-10 17:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

...ahem police-person's

...because there is no other reason a woman could be crying but for the fact I must have been abusing her and making her a victim of domestic violence? Statistically the chance that I had hit that particular morning was virtually non existent. It doesn't matter that violent crime has decreased over the last few decades, nor does it matter that DV happens more to poor people and black women more than any other statistical group.

Women is crying = man is abusing her.

It didn't matter that she didn't have any visible marks, he didn't just ask it she was alright, he specifically thought I was violent to her and only asked about that.

Of course its modern feminism, of course its political correctness. He took one look at me and concluded I was her worst nightmare.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 17:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I have no problem with punishing her as well... but to the same extent? nah...

MY problem with it is excessive violence... to me if you slap someone it doesn't give you a free pass to pound them into the ground nor is it an equal response...

I had a problem with yours before because you tried to label your personal experience as proof of how things actually are lol... Lady jams a fork in your chest there's no reason she shouldn't be punished...though along your lines of thought if he had slapped her first that would be an appropriate response...

Good luck suing... you wouldn't get much... plus if the criminal case doesn't come out in your favor it's very unlikely, though not impossible, for the civil case to go well for ya...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 17:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

OK BRO

Go outside and test it.

The context is completely different and you are still dumb as ***. Good job!

Oh the context is different?
Ok so you're saying that when a man and a woman are in a relationship, it gives the woman the right to assault her partner, and removes the man's right to fend off physical attacks and defend himself?

Does the fact that my brother is my sibling remove his or my right to defend one's self just because we're related?

Sounds fair and just.

Makes total sense.
Go feminism.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 17:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Demaining a 13 page thread is the mods way of contributing to the humor.
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
how did this get to 13 pages
OH. MY. UHGAWD.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-10 17:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

...because there is no other reason a woman could be crying but for the fact I must have been abusing her and making her a victim of domestic violence? Statistically the chance that I had hit that particular morning was virtually non existent. It doesn't matter that violent crime has decreased over the last few decades, nor does it matter that DV happens more to poor people and black women more than any other statistical group.

It didn't matter that she didn't have any visible marks, he didn't just ask it she was alright, he specifically thought I was violent to her and only asked about that.

Of course its modern feminism, of course its political correctness. He took one look at me and concluded I was her worst nightmare.

Welcome to being stereotyped, I hear there are entire races that have to deal with similar situations on a daily basis. Sucks, doesn't it?

You live in a country where domestic violence is still a pretty big deal and a society that is only starting to change its stance on how a man can treat a woman. The downside of that change is yeah, sometimes you get cast up in the net unfairly because of the actions of people you've never even met.

But lets blame feminism and not the reality that far too many men think their manhood is at risk if they don't assert open-handed superiority over their females.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Welcome to being stereotyped, I hear there are entire races that have to deal with similar situations on a daily basis. Sucks, doesn't it?

You live in a country where domestic violence is still a pretty big deal and a society that is only starting to change its stance on how a man can treat a woman. The downside of that change is yeah, sometimes you get cast up in the net unfairly because of the actions of people you've never even met.

But lets blame feminism and not the reality that far too many men think their manhood is at risk if they don't assert open-handed superiority over their females.

Even if the majority of domestic violence cases were males asserting their physical superiority (which isn't) does the cancel a human being's right to defend themselves from an aggressor?

True gender equality means we start talking about human beings and not sexes.

Person A assaulted Person B.
Person A got hit back.
Person B is at fault?!

I'm not saying use excessive physical force. Even cops can be charged with excessive physical force. But there is also acceptable force.

Also, I'm fairly certain that making women accountable for when they use force will drastically decrease the domestic violence in two ways

1. Less assaults = less retaliations by men
2. Less reports by men about their female partners assaulting them (you would be surprised just how many there are on annual basis)

EDIT: Just think of Men as big passive HNM MNK mobs with 100% native counter rates.
You don't go up to the HNM and cast rasp and not expect to get pwned! If you had just left that HNM alone girl you wouldn't need a raise!
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 17:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I have no problem with punishing her as well... but to the same extent? nah...

MY problem with it is excessive violence... to me if you slap someone it doesn't give you a free pass to pound them into the ground nor is it an equal response...

I had a problem with yours before because you tried to label your personal experience as proof of how things actually are lol... Lady jams a fork in your chest there's no reason she shouldn't be punished...though along your lines of thought if he had slapped her first that would be an appropriate response...

Good luck suing... you wouldn't get much... plus if the criminal case doesn't come out in your favor it's very unlikely, though not impossible, for the civil case to go well for ya...
1. Agreed that the same extent is too extreme, but not punishing at all for these actions is worse. To deny the first person ever slapped to begin with and only persecute the second is lolwut.

2. The way I said it made it seem like that, and I apologized for that. I meant to say it as how I've seen people and ONLY these people I was talking about applied to the situation.. but it came off as I was talking about everyone. Stupid migraine. And no, it wouldn't have been an appropriate response, point I was making was there was physical PROOF she damaged him in some way, and they still took her side of the story and arrested him. Even if she hit him first, we'd have like the situation the picture states above.

3. Judge Judy and all them make their money and ratings from stupid ***like that. It's commonplace to turn on the TV and see someone suing because they got hit at a bar or something and want compensation for medical bills. ***is nuts.

I'm really trying to compose a debatable argument this time, am I doing it right? ; ;
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25