The Fantasica Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 201 202 203
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 23:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then in the same respect, keeping the stray cat, pegasus and unicorn wouldn't do much, ya? Might as well use um to enhance units, no?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-26 23:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

True, I just kept them as sort of trophies honestly, proof to myself that I finished my artifacts up until that point.

Stray Cat can be turned in to a unit though during that monster thing, so could save for that or something.

edit: though sort of useless, I would hate to use these 4* to enhance any of my 4* cards. Would use them on a good 5 though.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 23:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 0 5's or 6's :(. Idk if I should keep them to enhance a different unit or exchange the uni for the shop thing, though I got screwed when I turned in Helmut, I kind of have no use for any of my monsters if I don't use them to enhance stronger units if/when I get some.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-27 00:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've won every single Tournament attempt today. 17/17 wins lol. My line-up isn't that great either. All I know is that I've yet to challenge a team that can take down my LV25 Julieta. She's a true turtle PLD.`-`
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 01:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
I've won every single Tournament attempt today. 17/17 wins lol. My line-up isn't that great either. All I know is that I've yet to challenge a team that can take down my LV25 Julieta. She's a true turtle PLD.`-`

Damn you're lucky..and wtf 17 tickets? You lucky *** lol.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-27 01:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've found that I get more tickets from higher level training than spamming Lv 1. I'm just eyeballin' tho. Sometimes I'd hit unlucky streaks and go 2-3 training sessions w/o seeing a single one. Best I've gotten was 3 tickets during a single run.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 01:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i got 3 in a single run on 1-4. But I have been getting decent yields (like usually 1 per training points set) on 10-4 along with bears. I should just go back to 10-4 lol
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-27 01:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just stick with higher level training sets. I usually just do that and keep on going with the quest line. I should probably be grinding my weaklings tho...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 01:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That crappy 2* I put on my team is lvl 31 now lol. I might as well max her at 40 and just keep her for now at this rate. Plus she is max + poison2, so she's actually not a bad 2* all things considered lol.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-27 04:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Morning guys. I would save 4* monsters incase you ever decide to make a monster set to defend against. When I first started battling I was destroying everyone. So I started trying to find higher level players or 6* people trying to see if anyone even stood a chance at defending. I fought one 6* once who had some INSANE monsters. He literally had like 4 high level hydras out at once that I couldnt take down and stray cats running inbetween to make a run for the end of the screen, it was pretty intense! I lost of course but its the only time Ive lost while attacking. I also someone managed to defend against someone 1 time too. Must have been a brand new player with no allies or something cause all my monster cards are crap.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-27 08:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. Spamming 2-7 last night I was super tired and hitting the screen so fast that I accidentally used one if the time elixirs that I needed to trade for Adalina. What a total waste. The timer couldn't have been more than like 2 seconds remaining.

Lucky for me my gf is super awesome and is gunna give me one of her TE's so I can still do my trade. :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-27 12:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So Fanta seems like a big waste. I decided to drop $14 on the 1500 points pack, picked up the starter kit from the boot camp which was probably the best deal since I at least got some TE and potion. Then I went and bought a few of the 300 packs for the arena units. Ended up with a 3 star that has double attack in the arena, and a 4 star that has Iron Wall in there, enhanced them both up to around 17-20 and went in... and got trounced.

The other arena pack yielded me... a fracking 3 star monster card -_-

Booo fanta boooooooooooo!
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-27 12:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah seems like if you're gonna spend money, you should just buy the 10 packs of TEs and just trade for cards.

I went from winning most every fight to now losing on the first or second round every time. I'd love to know why EVERYONE'S strongest card is up first, raping my cards, while their weak ones are in the back and untouchable while my strongest card is stuck in the back not doing ***. I swear to god this event was made to make me rage.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-27 12:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Yeah seems like if you're gonna spend money, you should just buy the 10 packs of TEs and just trade for cards.

I went from winning most every fight to now losing on the first or second round every time. I'd love to know why EVERYONE'S strongest card is up first, raping my cards, while their weak ones are in the back and untouchable while my strongest card is stuck in the back not doing ***. I swear to god this event was made to make me rage.

This so much, I can't figure out any way to manipulate my formation. I seriously went from 100% winning before I started to grind my leader out to never winning the finals. I don't know if it is picking opponents based on current rank, leader level, player level, total value summoned or what but it is frustrating as hell!
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 13:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I added some 2*s I've been winning a lot more. Just padding my numbers. Though my "team cost" is 120/120 (meaning units 25 and under are ok to put in your team, but there is an apparent cap I didn't realize until today) so I can't add a 7th :(. They seem to always attack my lvl 65 Anton first and he's a pretty well beast. So the padded numbers of my 2 2*s I added, really help secured some wins, from teams of all 4* units.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-27 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am trying to decide what the most time effective approach will be for me with the arena, it seems that Julietta is always my upfront, highest HP character, so I almost want to just level grind the crap out of her. If I do that though I worry having her at a higher level will just further increase the levels of enemies I am fighting, leaving the rest of my team to get killed in 1-2 shots.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 13:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I still come across some teams with WEAK *** units, and I have a 65 and a 60 on my team, so I'm not sure higher level = higher level competition.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2013-03-27 14:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Half the time I come across a team with no members at all...and in round 2 or 3 no less.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-27 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just annoys the hell out of me, I got 6 tickets just this morning and got my *** handed to me every time. FINALLY get tickets and all I do is make 50 points for even trying -_-

Now I just have the mentality that I'm not farming tickets, I'm farming bears to give Leana so she can screw me instead of the arena. Everyone needs a turn right lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-27 14:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just annoys the hell out of me, I got 6 tickets just this morning and got my *** handed to me every time. FINALLY get tickets and all I do is make 50 points for even trying -_-

Now I just have the mentality that I'm not farming tickets, I'm farming bears to give Leana so she can screw me instead of the arena. Everyone needs a turn right lol

lol
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-27 14:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a particular training run that is good for bears?

Also yeah 14 tickets today and I barely broke top 3000 rank -_- Does anyone know when the event ends? I might just hoard my tickets and take first place for the day with nothing but first round losses and 500 tickets XD
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 14:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

10-4 is best for bears.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-27 14:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »

Is there a particular training run that is good for bears?

Also yeah 14 tickets today and I barely broke top 3000 rank -_- Does anyone know when the event ends? I might just hoard my tickets and take first place for the day with nothing but first round losses and 500 tickets XD

I've been getting a ton off 10-4.

Event ends on the 29th, maybe I'll do the same.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-27 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

299/300 LP and the last 2 full TP bars haven't gotten me a single chest. WHAT IS THIS?!
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 14:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I see a monster on my training path I die a little inside lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-27 15:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Suddenly seeing actual teams in tournament mode now, almost lost a fight. Kind of fun not seeing a single 1* or something on a team.

7 tickets today already, well with the 3 sent to inbox, two from yesterdays ranking, and one from 10-4.

Never going to get a really high ranking at the end of this, but I'm hoping to make it in to 1k-2k spot at least for that card. Probably crap, but I still want it.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 15:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the card rewards too. That 6 star is BEASTLY... But I'll never get it. I just hope to get something nice. I'm sitting on 5 cards atm. My "***" 2* I added the other day is nearly 40 now lol. I'm pushing her and Yakov so my team is at least somewhat decent.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-27 15:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah any reward(that isn't a personal TE or something) would be great for me as well.
Was all happy about having actual teams to fight in tournament, and now I get my first loss in there...
Need to push the rest of these cards to 40+ at least, been skating by on a bunch of mid 30s.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 15:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My Anton is about to hit 66, and my 2* hit 40 (she has poison2 and 8k dmg) which is actually pretty great in there). And the other 2* I have is just a meh melee to pad numbers, but if I get him up to 40, he could be a decent asset at least.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-27 15:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Decide I want to try farming bears.

Get 3 arena tickets in a row -_-

MAKE UP MY MIND GAME
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 201 202 203