First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 201 202 203
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
The formation seems to be based on types, melee in the front, magic in the middle, archers in the back.

makes sense.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 15:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The formation seems to be based on types, melee in the front, magic in the middle, archers in the back.

OHHHH is that how its done... I couldnt figure out why everyones was different. I thought maybe it had to do with the speed of your cards. But ya your idea makes more sense lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-26 16:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not right though. I just realized that my Felicia which is an archer is in the middle row with my mages.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 16:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My leader just hit 60 (Agatha), and my 2nd highest unit is Anton at 57. I really don't grind nearly as much as you guys seem to, but I'm happy with my current build/team :P.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-26 16:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaargh. I've hit a dry spell. Arena tickets elude me.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 16:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
My leader just hit 60 (Agatha), and my 2nd highest unit is Anton at 57. I really don't grind nearly as much as you guys seem to, but I'm happy with my current build/team :P.

I had to take a bit of a break today... Ive been playing near non stop for days and leveling to 90 has killed me -.- exp just comes to a freaking halt and takes a ton of fights to level up at that point.

Not to mention I also took Vulpes to 80 and Sergei to 75
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-26 16:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you feed them 1*s? My highest unit is 35 so idk how much those 1*s help anything in the 60+ range. gives me something to spend my Luna on, lol.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 17:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Do you feed them 1*s? My highest unit is 35 so idk how much those 1*s help anything in the 60+ range. gives me something to spend my Luna on, lol.

I only enhance to level 35ish max. After that point it starts becoming expensive. Then I just spam 2-7 with 1 card and max allies.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-26 17:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

I only enhance to level 35ish max. After that point it starts becoming expensive. Then I just spam 2-7 with 1 card and max allies.
Yeah you're right it does get pretty expensive. 35 seems like a good stopping point. I'm dreading the 2-7 grind.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 17:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you're right it does get pretty expensive. 35 seems like a good stopping point. I'm dreading the 2-7 grind.

2-7 grind to 80 isnt tooooo bad. But post 80 just sucks -.-
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-26 17:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pssssh! At least you have a 5* to post 80! lol
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 18:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***.... I just ran into a team with 4 4*s a 5* AND a 6*.... And the 6* was Abel. Super super strong (looks like a drg) with knockback. That team was ridiculous :(
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 18:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you say you had a mil Luna? Why not just enhance at that point? Lol I really want some 5-6*s :(
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-26 18:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

3 tickets today so far and got *** raped on 2 of them. I really like this event and it's really pissing me off that I barely get to participate in it at all.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-26 18:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My girlfriend is beating me in the arena ranking :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-26 18:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot of tickets today for some reason, made 6k BT so far. Maybe the 8th training quests do have a slightly higher rate.

Getting pretty bored with the tournament path. So many players with just a single 1* card, or 2-3 of them that don't seem to have been leveled at all.
Tanith, Parnetope, Vilhelm, Mimily, Tarte, Claudio(idk why), and felicia on team and I've not actually lost a card yet.

Worst thing is, I know I'm to weak to even attempt(and waste a ticket) on survival mode. Three cards are 40 and above and all the rest(-claudio) are mid 30s. Really can't stand grinding at all but I really need to it seems.

edit: went ahead and wasted that ticket on survival. Took out one and a half of the opponents cards I think. Could give me like 25bt for a loss maybe...
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 18:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Didn't you say you had a mil Luna? Why not just enhance at that point? Lol I really want some 5-6*s :(

I do on some stuff. But seriously its like 300k+ a level at anything high level, maybe more. I would literally burn a full mil on maybe 3 levels or so. I would rather save the luna for when I start new cards and burn it all then.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2013-03-26 18:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you exploit that 2-7 grind btw? I somehow got out of it and want to reset my character and start over to do it this way.

ty
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-26 19:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Deploy one of your own cards and four(if you have them) allies. Repeat.
Over and over.
And over and over again.
And then once more.

One minute timer makes it the best exp from quests but my god is this boring to do.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 19:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Deploy one of your own cards and four(if you have them) allies. Repeat.
Over and over.
And over and over again.
And then once more.

One minute timer makes it the best exp from quests but my god is this boring to do.

This ^ over and over and over.... the key here though is to make sure you have 4 allies out other wise your exp drops.
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2013-03-26 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but which quest/training do you do this on? I'm on the 7-1 through 7-6 quest line and it didn't work for me.

IOW - how do I avoid breaking this once I reset my character? I'd hate to go past whatever it is I went past and lose the ability to do this yet again. I read earlier that someone said they also accidentally went too far and broke this glitch, and I really, really want to avoid it this time.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-26 19:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This is ridiculous, I am sitting next to her and she is getting like 1-2 arena tickets per training session and every fight is against like 2 people... meanwhile I get a ticket maybe once an hour and then when I go to fight, oh hey Lilli have SEVEN 5 STARS!!!

Shes like 300 something and I am getting pushed out of the top 1000 now -_-
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-26 19:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jabel said: »
Sorry, but which quest/training do you do this on? I'm on the 7-1 through 7-6 quest line and it didn't work for me.

IOW - how do I avoid breaking this once I reset my character? I'd hate to go past whatever it is I went past and lose the ability to do this yet again.

Break what? There should be no reason to reset. Just choose chapter 2 mission 7, its a boss fight called Moonstruck Reptile. Send out your 1 card and 4 allies. You should get 308 Exp and there should be almost no cooldown to repeat it.

Edit: Its a quest not training. For training just keep pushing through those.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-26 19:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jabel said: »
someone said they also accidentally went too far and broke this glitch, and I really, really want to avoid it this time.
It's not a glitch at all and you can never break it or become unable to do the quest. I'm on 27th chapter now and still do 2-7 just fine.

All quests are designed to give you increased exp if you deploy more allies, so this is fine, not a glitch or an exploit.

2-7 just happens to give the best exp/time reward out of them all(24-6 is next best I've heard, more difficult though) so that's why people spam grind on it. 300~ exp every minute, quest is nearly always back up by the time you finish it.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 19:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this is ***!! I just faced a team that COLLECTIVELY barely did more dmg than my Anton alone. But the 5* samurai they had in the front had so much hp I was only as to kill it.... I hate 7 unit teams!!! It's near automatic loses even though I added a ***2* to bulk my numbers :(. I was doing amazing day 1 too :(
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 22:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since I basically lose every time somebody battles me, I'm thinking I might just use my decent level monsters to enhance my units, since they are decent level 3-4 stars. Thoughts? Should I keep at least the stray kitty? There is literally no battle I've lost when I fought somebody either, since you can summon so many allies. Plus, all I lose is luna basically, since I try to complete my artifact sets so quickly.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-03-26 22:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am trying to figure out how the match ups are based. I started to grind my leader out in 2-7 got her to the 30's and now all my arena battles are like elite teams that stomp me into the ground. Before I grinded get up all I was facing were scrub teams of like two or three starter characters.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 22:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am trying to figure out how the match ups are based. I started to grind my leader out in 2-7 got her to the 30's and now all my arena battles are like elite teams that stomp me into the ground. Before I grinded get up all I was facing were scrub teams of like two or three starter characters.

Same. I had some teams of 7 with 1 or more 5*s and 3-4 4*s >_<. I got romped by a couple. And since I'd really only lose Luna from battles, I don't think I should care as much.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-26 22:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty much what I did, though I kept Pegasus, Unicorn and Stray Cat. Feels like I'm going to lose no matter what so no point in keeping bears and crap around.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 201 202 203