Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-10-30 13:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
This is a set I plan to play around with this weekend. But I'd love to know from other glanz players who might have a full Mali set and glanz what their thoughts are for am3 and Mali?

This is a set I plan to play with this weekend since I dont have full mali gear. Maybe can see what others think. What I could replace or try differently.

ItemSet 369053

Currently this would be 74STP. I couldn't really find anything of value for feet. Wish I had Mali.

Why ryuo head over mali head? Getting about the same STP with Mali with a lot more survivability. Leg wise I was planning on using Samnuha or Mali.

Would assume he does not have it.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-30 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a set I plan to play around with this weekend. But I'd love to know from other glanz players who might have a full Mali set and glanz what their thoughts are for am3 and Mali?

This is a set I plan to play with this weekend since I dont have full mali gear. Maybe can see what others think. What I could replace or try differently.

ItemSet 369053

Currently this would be 74STP. I couldn't really find anything of value for feet. Wish I had Mali.

Why ryuo head over mali head? Getting about the same STP with Mali with a lot more survivability. Leg wise I was planning on using Samnuha or Mali.

You probably did not read. I asked who has full Mali set? That would mean I do not. This set shown is what I have. So my question was asking who has full Mali set and glanz to know if glanz could have a come back now with the introduction to mali gear.
Using Vere and Godhands and full Mali set. You're losing a lot of multi attack. But with Glanz you can still keep a decent amount of multi attack (am3) and survivability with Mali. Glanz also has, for 30 seconds, 5% attack increase with focus up, maybe help with the lack of attack with the full set. I'm just curious

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 13:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
i don't have glanz yet, working on them, but had the same idea. i'm interested to see how it turns out with malignance around.

It really just comes down to 2 things when building this AM3 set for Glanz: How much STP is needed in the set to take advantage of the AM, and whether or not that number can be achieved with/without the kick attacks gear.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 13:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to attempt very crude math here and I am 93% sure I am approaching this wrong.

Base delay on Monk Master H2H is 270
AG3 Glanz +126
Delay becomes 396

If you have +63 STP, it would be a 6 hit build (6 hits, not 6 attack rounds)

You would have to wear a lot of malignance (at least 3 pieces sub not sam) and give up a lot of multi attack to keep the kick gears.

Otherwise you don't use kick gear and the number is easily obtained without malignance.

Note: because of the very nature of MNK and how it weaponskills I am not sure if pushing for an X-hit matters bc Monk doesn't plan to always as span at 1k to.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-10-30 13:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 369053

You probably did not read. I asked who has full Mali set? That would mean I do not. This set shown is what I have. So my question was asking who has full Mali set and glanz to know if glanz could have a come back now with the introduction to mali gear.
Using Vere and Godhands and full Mali set. You're losing a lot of multi attack. But with Glanz you can still keep a decent amount of multi attack (am3) and survivability with Mali. Glanz also has, for 30 seconds, 5% attack increase with focus up, maybe help with the lack of attack with the full set. I'm just curious

Malignance works great with glanz. I haven’t upgraded my Glanz yet but I plan on using quite a few Mali pieces with it. I still think there should be consideration to using Kenda body +1 and samnuha legs over Mali even with glanzfaust. Like Mali legs vs samnuha tights, you’re getting TA+3 and DA+3 on samnuha as well as DEX that you don’t get with Mali legs. If you’re wearing 3/5 or 4/5 Mali pieces along with samnuha legs, you will still have pretty good survivability there to where you can afford the defensive drop in samnuha legs
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 14:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If my math is correct this is the best I could come up with ×/kicks.

ItemSet 369441
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-10-30 14:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 369053

Adhemar Path D- 7STP
Ryou Path C- 5STP
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 14:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

might be worth considering Bhikku Hose +1 as a middle ground option between malignance legs, samnuha tights, and relic+3 legs. Especially if you're trying to keep a high level of kick attack rate.

edit:also, wouldn't drop Gere for Chirich +1 at all. Bhikku legs is less of a loss than the ring slot I think.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 14:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
might be worth considering Bhikku Hose +1 as a middle ground option between malignance legs, samnuha tights, and relic+3 legs. Especially if you're trying to keep a high level of kick attack rate.

edit:also, wouldn't drop Gere for Chirich +1 at all. Bhikku legs is less of a loss than the ring slot I think.

Afaik AM3 and Kick Attacks are not in conflict with each other. If that is the case stacking kick attacks+ should be better than MA.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-30 14:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 you guys talking about Glanz
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-30 14:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »

Afaik AM3 and Kick Attacks are not in conflict with each other. If that is the case stacking kick attacks+ should be better than MA.

Yeah, I think hes saying with AM3 empy legs will give 1 more kick attack and give 8 STP over relic legs having no STP.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think hes saying with AM3 empy legs will give 1 more kick attack and give 8 STP over relic legs having no STP.

Misunderstood, I like that option if we are not concerned with defensive values and we don't care about the crit rate
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 14:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It also frees back up the ring slot so you can still use Gere Ring. Can swap out Hands for malignance for +5stp/-4TA, but below set gives:

60stp
+65 kick attack%
17% TA

ItemSet 369443
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-30 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If it comes to it. And a monk needs to use a hybrid set to stay alive.
Which weapon will parse higher while maintaining the same amount of survivability? I think that probably should have been the question from the start. With SC being added in, glanz(am3) is being discarded too much.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 15:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sagitta probably. It comes built in with 150HP and -10%DT, and you can stick on path A for some nice white damage.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If it comes to it. And a monk needs to use a hybrid set to stay alive.
Which weapon will parse higher while maintaining the same amount of survivability? I think that probably should have been the question from the start. With SC being added in, glanz(am3) is being discarded too much.

I mean I personally have never had issues of survivability on anything I play. I just have dps sets and I toggle in and out of hybrid/dt as I see fit (usually just for 1x aoe moves or if the mob is facing me).

Also depends on your group. I always play with really great and reliable healers (play endgame whm myself) so I don't have to play timid as a static set.

Updated my above set to reflect empy+1 legs.
74% Kick
65 STP
-26DT/-10PDT
By SimonSes 2019-10-30 16:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To some extend TA+KA conflicts with AM3 on Glanz, because with 2x TA + KA (or QA+TA), you are at 7hits per round(or even worse QA+TA+KA when you are at 8 hit cap). So you can only proc 1 more hit from AM3, not 2 (also I wonder what happenes, when you proc OAT3 hits. Do you make 1 additional hit as 8th hit and 9th is cancelled, or both are cancelled?)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 16:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

...you can't? You can't oa3 a ta, it's either/or. Only the main hand can oat, and the kick can't oat

Can't get over 8 without a double quad (with mythic, not counting bhikku) ((it's possible to hit 11 with quad/quad/followup/doublekick))

And when we get to that point of hitting 8 punches, reasonably certain it'll just drop those kicks
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 16:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
To some extend TA+KA conflicts with AM3 on Glanz, because with 2x TA + KA (or QA+TA), you are at 7hits per round(or even worse QA+TA+KA when you are at 8 hit cap). So you can only proc 1 more hit from AM3, not 2 (also I wonder what happenes, when you proc OAT3 hits. Do you make 1 additional hit as 8th hit and 9th is cancelled, or both are cancelled?)

That certainly is a co flirt with the game limitations, but afaik it doesn't prevent AM proving like MA does in the check order. I guess it conflicts, but differently than traditional sources of MA?

Here's the real *** nobody has addressed, what happens to the STP/Kick/AM3 build when you lose that sweet sweet STP+11 from Mal body when Impetus is up? //theorycraft start
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 16:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Standard Melee set
Impetus body melee set
Hybrid set
Counter set

That's about all I have as far as offensive tp sets. Really don't need to have more than that. If the mob is facing me, counter toggle. If it's doing damaging AOE, hybrid. Else use standard set.

Edit: if you assume that kick attacks are designed functionally the same as daken, then the attack round is truncated and the kick proc is ignored. Because if you activate Sange with Mikage, that’s exactly what happens. It drops the shuriken and caps normal hits at 8.

Edit2: I don’t know if empyrean set bonus double kick follow up ignores the 8 hit cap but I assume it’s the same (cuts off the last attack that would have exceeded the cap)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 16:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated my above set to reflect empy+1 legs.
74% Kick

Should be 79% before footwork if you’re counting merits
Base 14
Back 10
Neck 25
Feet 10
Legs 20
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 16:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

84% you forgot the merits too
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-30 17:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Standard Melee set
Impetus body melee set
Hybrid set
Counter set

That's about all I have as far as offensive tp sets. Really don't need to have more than that. If the mob is facing me, counter toggle. If it's doing damaging AOE, hybrid. Else use standard set.

Edit: if you assume that kick attacks are designed functionally the same as daken, then the attack round is truncated and the kick proc is ignored. Because if you activate Sange with Mikage, that’s exactly what happens. It drops the shuriken and caps normal hits at 8.

Edit2: I don’t know if empyrean set bonus double kick follow up ignores the 8 hit cap but I assume it’s the same (cuts off the last attack that would have exceeded the cap)

The discussion is glanz am3 though.

All the DPS numbers quoted per weapon, are they not all using the same TP sets and weaponskill sets in spreadsheets? Will it change much at all if glanz am3 changes to to a entirely different set?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 17:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oat only works on mainhand, I don't think you'll really get much of anything out of an aftermath set. Might even lose dps to be honest. But haven't and not going to run numbers, you should though!

I lied, I looked really really really fast, changed "standard" to malignace for am3 specifically, it goes down.

"standard" Am3 9363
"proposed Am3 set" 9524

it's the headpiece, you can change hands and legs, but keep the adhemar head (and definitely never take out the bhikku body)

Changing Adhemar(or kend+1) head to malignance is a 200dps drop

Two birds one stone; How bad is spharai? same scenario, 800 dps behind
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 18:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. Actually. Glanz gear info is incorrect. So, that needs to be fixed.

It's not off by much, but wrong is wrong.

Glanz (119 aug) should be 199 not 202
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-30 18:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm spreadsheet ignorant. That'll be my goal is to figure that out eliminating me from clogging up forums lol. I still enjoyed what other people came up with for am3 though.

That was my main question though. Supposing we said scrww it and just went full Mali. How does am3 glanz fair with all other weapons using that same set? You answered relic. Much further behind.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 18:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go 5/5 malignance, with am3 glanz, its the same dps as standard geared spharai (very close)

You give up a big chunk on head and body

really nothing to learning a spread sheet, it's just filling in blanks. it doesnt get any easier. (making sure they're correct though, forget about it!)

And then you get to look at fifty thousand scenarios. But what if I already wasn't using bhikku body? impetus up/down? if i change from hybrid to hybrid am3 not full glass cannon? which rolls? which mob? "does that account for skillchain damage". (no! it never accounts for skillchain damage!)
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-30 18:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Glanzfaust and Sagitta.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 18:25:07