Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-30 15:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
What a douche. It's like he is trying to get rudra nerfed

Related: I'm too lazy (and don't care) or I'd go do it and get a 99,999.

I wish they would nerf Rudra. All these "thfs" making me sick.

It's not that RUDRA'S is broken, it's that THF OP.

The point is, that it wasn't Wopket, which was the question asked. I'd be interested to know if SA/TA -do- actually bypass the 99% Pierce DT, so I wouldn't have to go SAM to tree anymore.
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-30 15:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been to tree on thf. It does not. I ended up spamming aeolian edge and cursing under my breath. I was told we were doing shark, but later it was changed to tree, and at the time I didn't know about the 99% Pierce DT.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-30 19:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yumcax. Woops.

I think we all agree a 19.0ftp was a little too strong. To be honest i dont see why a 108 damage dagger's WS needs to do 8-14k at 130ish TP when D250+ weapons barely hit that with 150%, and Rudra does it with far fewer buffs. Thf and dnc should be strong but ws damage doing more than 2h doesnt make sense. If anything 1h should have gotten bonuses to attack speed and tp gain so theu could ws more frequently but theres no reason a 1h ws should be doing more than 2h. 2h should be raw power and 1h should be frequency. But alas, now 1h d108-d135 weapons are busting out more damage than d260 polearms and greataxes. Why? And 1h white damage os far better than drk or war white damage, wars and drks dont get daken, 30% triple attack, crazy amounts of DA/TA/QA that blu gets or saber dance. Also 1h jobs get shadows/self cures/party buffs, etc. i wonder if they'll do a 2h buff but god know if they do, sams are gonna get touched up too and they'll be doleing out 30k fudos and war and drk will probably get the short end again.

Also does the delve Kumhau resist blunt 99% and does the delve hurkan resist slashing 99%? Curious if just piercing jobs got screwed with Wopket.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-30 19:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm told the bird partially resists slashing, dunno if true. No clue on the lion, wouldn't even bother trying to melee it, /***.
(inb4 ***hole turns this into a dickmeasuring contest).

There is NEVER going to be "balance" one job is always going to be "THE ***" and the rest are always going to be bitching that they are "just ***".
I think that the Ukko's and the Vsmite nerfs (and bloodrage) need to be reverted. Allow Apoc to break haste cap, like it used to 10 years ago. Take away the ability to solo skillchain. Allow pets to receive ALL master buffs. And fix/adjust Drakesbane.

That would get us closer to "balance" than we've ever been. Mages would still be ***, but who cares about mages.

THF desperately needed this boost, however, no one can disagree that they overshot it, by quite a bit.
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-30 20:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I think that the Ukko's and the Vsmite nerfs (and bloodrage) need to be reverted.

Agreed and the restraint nerf reversed. Would make at least war and monk usable again. War had a triple nerf all at the same time. Game is pretty boring for DD until they balance jobs more. Idc about drg, always hated the job, pet makes me lag, like smn, keep those low end DD.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-30 21:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to sum up a few notes on damage bonuses/resistances, for the curious:

- Hurkan/Cailimh, as well as Tulfaires, take 50% slashing damage, but the same bonus to piercing that other birds suffer. Hurkan/Cailimh also take half damage is their aura is up (not sure if it applies to all types). Their aura is removed only by bursting earth-based damage.
- Yumcax doesn't have any damage resistances, and I don't think he takes bonus piercing damage. Wopket does have a massive resistance to piercing and a weakness to slashing. Wind-based damage, including from skillchains, elemental WS, will strip the aura of both.
- Kumhau and Utkux don't seem to have any resistances or bonuses to damage types, at least not from my experiences. Kumhau's aura sucks, it's definitely not fire damage, even if bursted. From my experiences, I'm beginning to think it's removed from critical hits. Fire damage does remove Utkux's aura, though.
- Largantua takes double damage from all sources when he's in the middle of a WS, just like a Qutrub, which is why skillchain damage ruins him (since it does the damage of that double-power WS, and then is doubled itself).
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-30 22:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Cailimh [...] take 50% slashing damage
Not sure about that. My Fudos still do 20k+ with Yaegasumi up as long as aura's down.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Utkux don't seem to have any resistances or bonuses to damage types
He's strong against slashing.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-30 22:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Allow Apoc to break haste cap, like it used to 10 years ago.

I don't think you fully understand just how broken 90% haste would be.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-30 22:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know about the Utkux thing, and I haven't fought Cailimh on a slashing job in a long time, so I'll assume you're right on both those.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-30 22:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to say, and worse is that I have little to back up this theory other than I've seen it drop from unskillchained Jishnu's as well as from Evisceration. I think I've seen it drop during regular attack rounds as well but it's hard to say since I'm usually there as RUN to tank it. Then again, it could actually be a weaponskill thing. At one point I began trying WS from different angles or during his WS and crap like that, but never saw any progress.

Either way it's a huge pain in the ***. It's definitely not an issue of fire damage, though, since I've fought it many times where the aura has never dropped despite people spamming fire (regular and bursted) the entire fight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-30 23:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Had barrage drop the aura, just today. (at least im pretty sure it was barrage).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By NeboJones 2014-12-30 23:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Piercing Damage?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-31 07:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is, that it wasn't Wopket, which was the question asked. I'd be interested to know if SA/TA -do- actually bypass the 99% Pierce DT, so I wouldn't have to go SAM to tree anymore.

Yo Valli,

Try to remember the whole community doesn’t hate you and isn't offended by your banter. There are certainly some of us who actually support you and look forward to your post, But dude you have to try and humble yourself. As a THF community we all appreciate this new update and would really like to deflect negative attention.

On a positive note nice damage SS's btw it's motivation. My best so far is 40k WS 78k SC on Woh Gate Hippo (Mandau). "Work in progress"
By NeboJones 2014-12-31 11:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Yo Valli,

Try to remember the whole community doesn’t hate you and isn't offended by your banter. There are certainly some of us who actually support you and look forward to your post, But dude you have to try and humble yourself. As a THF community we all appreciate this new update and would really like to deflect negative attention.

On a positive note nice damage SS's btw it's motivation. My best so far is 40k WS 78k SC on Woh Gate Hippo (Mandau). "Work in progress"

To be fair though, both of these WS/Sc examples are from mobs that take increased damage. It's not entirely an accurate representation of how "broken" THF or Rudra's storm are.

And Valli has Vajra...which is busted.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-31 11:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »

Yo Valli,

To be fair though, both of these WS/Sc examples are from mobs that take increased damage. It's not entirely an accurate representation of how "broken" THF or Rudra's storm are.

Indeed, even so I for one certainly can appreciate that THF can put out these kind of numbers. Since the update I have stfu about what thf lacks and what should be done about THF this and that.
By lhova 2014-12-31 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo Valli,

I assume these sc aren't "solo"? Even with reverse I can't ever get darkness to go off.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-31 14:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Barring a super lucky double quad proc, I do not think you can WS > Reverse > SA > WS for darkness. I have been able, sometimes, to SAWS > Reverse > WS and get that darkness, but that still requires some multi hit attack rounds. This is mainly in salvage so no trusts. With haste2/marches it may be more viable
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-12-31 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »

Yo Valli,

I can do that to Largantua with a mediocre Izzhikoh THF, while a decked out SAM typically does 10~20k Fudo 20~30k Light. So yes, Rudra's is broken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-12-31 14:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Indeed, even so I for one certainly can appreciate that THF can put out these kind of numbers. Since the update I have stfu about what thf lacks and what should be done about THF this and that.

It hurt me deep to put Mandau in storage. I could *** and moan about it but it wouldn't do any good.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-31 15:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Barring a super lucky double quad proc, I do not think you can WS > Reverse > SA > WS for darkness. I have been able, sometimes, to SAWS > Reverse > WS and get that darkness, but that still requires some multi hit attack rounds. This is mainly in salvage so no trusts. With haste2/marches it may be more viable

It just takes a lot of practice, thf has a ***load of multi attack, but, you get 10 seconds to pull it off, and it takes EXACTLY 10 seconds to do.... most of the time it takes me 11 seconds and I *** it up QQ
First time trying this, interesting, it went from 100% > 37% (haven't even updated my own sets to reflect BiS, I'm so lazy =/)

Fenrir.Magi said: »
I can do that to Largantua with a mediocre Izzhikoh THF, while a decked out SAM typically does 10~20k Fudo 20~30k Light. So yes, Rudra's is broken.

Izhiikoh is far from "mediocre" Vajra is not as broken as people think, the bonuses don't work the way they're written, so it's a little lackluster.
Everyone assumes that the +30% would be added to the total damage, aka: if an Izhiikoh THF does a 30k rudra, the Vajra THF does the same Rudra and gets a 10k Bonus, this is far from true.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-31 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to look at my nyzul sets and see what I can do. ATM i throw in some (prepares for the shocked looks) subtle blow. Though now that Rudras is a thing, and it adds gravity I usually kill him without any TP moves going off. SA Rudras, TP up to ~ 1500, pop flee and wait on SA timer, SA > rudras and dead, with no chance of Fulmination ruining my day.
By Heimdel 2014-12-31 15:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some trick to trick attack? Every time I do it I endup with hate on me no matter where I try to stand.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-31 16:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be behind a party or alliance member. The hate you generate fromthat one swing or WS will be transferred to the person you are behind.
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-31 16:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra is not as broken as people think, the bonuses don't work the way they're written, so it's a little lackluster.
Everyone assumes that the +30% would be added to the total damage, aka: if an Izhiikoh THF does a 30k rudra, the Vajra THF does the same Rudra and gets a 10k Bonus, this is far from true.
I am very interested in how this bonus works if you have a way of figuring it out.
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-31 16:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
You must be behind a party or alliance member. The hate you generate fromthat one swing or WS will be transferred to the person you are behind.

If it's a multi-hit WS only the first hit of the ws is transferred. -Edited out pt member only
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-31 16:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra is not as broken as people think, the bonuses don't work the way they're written, so it's a little lackluster.
I am very interested in how this bonus works if you have a way of figuring it out.

for SA, 1 dex is added as base dmg to that. I would guess that the dex bonus to base dmg +30% would be the bonus for mythic
By Pantafernando 2014-12-31 16:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

He already discussed how it works. Vajra augment SA and TA with something like crit dmg+30%, but that just works once, it doesnt stack.

Aside that I think hes complaining Vajra rudras should be 6% weaker than Izhiikoh rudras because Vajra has less 9 dmg and 15 DEX, and there are the need to use mandalic stab each amount of time and i dont see the oa2 and oa3 benefiting so much a THF than oa2 and oa3 does for SAM, aside of weaker white dmg.

Still dont take this guy too serious, he has some problem. Vajra for the SA and TA bonuses alone with Rudras is serious business, i dont understand how can someone complain with that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-31 16:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If they worked the way they're written, they would be. You don't have it, so you don't know how it works. Have you ever even seen aa Vajra?

My Rudras with Izhiikoh are very close to Vajra. That shouldn't be the case with +30%. But it is.

I already wrote all this ***in another thread. No point bringing it all up again, the bottom line is, it's still a sweet weapon, it's just disappointing.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 264 265 266