[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 35 36 37
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-12 19:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
ItemSet 310344

Would that kinda be what you mean?

Edit: ignore name I changed an old set...

Cerberus.Taint said: »
You need AF3+2 legs in your build. Pretty much the first piece in any SAM TP set.

This is what I use in Delve. Assumes Samurai Roll and level 5 Ionis for a 4-hit:

ItemSet 308272

No Samurai Roll and level 5 Ionis 4-hit (Swapping in Usu +1 Head and Feet also works in this):

ItemSet 308268
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-12 19:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Shiva.Tedril said: »
ItemSet 310344

Would that kinda be what you mean?

Edit: ignore name I changed an old set...

Cerberus.Taint said: »
You need AF3+2 legs in your build. Pretty much the first piece in any SAM TP set.

This is what I use in Delve. Assumes Samurai Roll and level 5 Ionis for a 4-hit:

ItemSet 308272

No Samurai Roll and level 5 Ionis 4-hit (Swapping in Usu +1 Head and Feet also works in this):

ItemSet 308268
How much stp can come from Ionis?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-12 19:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

0. It's the 10 Save TP that can change builds. (Unless you meant Save TP by STP?)
 Shiva.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-12 19:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha
Edit: I guess my set could be without Ionis, so outside SoA 4hit or given that they didn't have that unlocked I guess? And yours wins otherwise. However I think str and attack and such is higher in my set but xhit wins in yours with tekko.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-08-20 22:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a set for TP and Shoha.
No Delve, Burrows, Legion or Abjuration gear from Voidwatch please.
Everything else is fine including Skirmish II, Salvage II, and NNI.
Current GK is Shichishito +1.

Would have used some of the posts in the past page but all the sets posted are blank now.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-08-20 23:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

those sets would be outdated now, they were being used prior to the skirmish update. also the save tp on tsurumaru may make your needs in sets different from tsu sets.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
user: Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-21 01:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your thoughts on this tp set? Still gotta get back to drop and grip but is there anything that would beat this in full buff delve runs? Belt I could change.

ItemSet 202893

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-21 10:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And one more thing. I should have asked with the tp set but would this be good shoha or is phorcys gonna win out?

ItemSet 260905
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
ItemSet 307757

Here's what I'm currently using, I don't need the sTP from Unkai +2 and I cap out acc on everything in Delve, so from my point of view there is no real gain in having the 10% increase to zanshin, I'm sure I'll be corrected on that but any reason to get out of that ugly as sin body is good enough for me.

IIRC (I don't play sam) the advantage of the body is that hasso-up sam-main gets a zanshin proc rate for even attacks that hit. The body is essentially (10% zanshin/4) 2.5% chance to swing again that comes last in the multi-attack order.

The returns from your body may indeed trump a 2.5% DA rate. I just wanted to point out that hasso-up the body has advantages regardless of accuracy.

Sorry if i misunderstood!
[+]
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-21 10:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the thing with Zanshin is da procs first and been told the higher your da the more your zanshin deminishes. So with fighter's roll Usu wins. But I'm just going on what I've always been told.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-21 11:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Brunwulf said: »
And one more thing. I should have asked with the tp set but would this be good shoha or is phorcys gonna win out?

ItemSet 260905
Phorcys is still better.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-21 12:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-21 12:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple other things also: Quauhpilli Helm, Atheling Mantle, Cheruski Needle, Brutal/Moonshade, Ganesha's Mala.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-21 12:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

K. Gotta nab a Q helm. Thanks again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos 2013-08-21 21:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With the updates to REM's coming and them unlocking the Emp ws. Do you think 99 masa will even be a able to compete with Fudo being unlocked for all weapons?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-21 21:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

it will compete anytime you can keep aftermath up almost regardless of stats. that's obviously anytime you are using fudo.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2013-08-21 22:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No way is Masamune keeping up with Tsurumaru if Fudo is unlocked for other weapons. 35TP return allowing for a 4hit without SAM Roll is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Even with full time AM you won't keep up with Tsuru.

@Brunwulf I've been using this with Ionis and no SAM roll for TP

ItemSet 311151
(Tenryu Domaru +1, Atheling Mantle and swapping Oneiros for K'ayres would be optimal)

and this for WS

ItemSet 271383
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-21 23:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your thoughts on this tp set? Still gotta get back to drop and grip but is there anything that would beat this in full buff delve runs? Belt I could change.

ItemSet 202893
For full buffs in Delve I use this:
ItemSet 311465

A more attack-oriented set if needed:
ItemSet 311464

Both are 4-hits that rely on Samurai Roll.

If Samurai Roll is down for whatever reason:

Capped attack:
ItemSet 311461

Uncapped attack:
ItemSet 311460

Also 4-hits. DA+2 on all Otronif.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-22 14:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly Shiva isn't a 4 roll world so I never see SAM roll.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-22 15:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

People using the DPS spread sheet should know that it doesn't do Zanhasso correctly, which is a pretty big deal for SAM.

I've been backing into WS > Zanhasso round > WS builds with good parse success.

Edit: and *** you guys with DA2 on more then one piece of skirmish gear.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-08-22 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you ever mention it to motenten or does he know/acknowledge it ?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-22 16:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'm performing really well with the sets listed. I'm having trouble seeing 2.5% Zanhasso + 0-17 attack + 5 TP bonus (assuming belt is swapped to Goading; doesn't look like anything else changes in my SAM Roll sets) beating 4% TA 1% QA. It's not like you can't Zanhasso if you aren't using the body; I get a lot of 1 hit > 100%+ TP rounds as well, whether it be Zanhasso or TA/QA procs (even if TA/QA procs late, it still becomes a huge TP bonus along with the 2-3 swing auto attack damage).

I can see it *maybe* being better for an Attack + No SAM Roll set.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-22 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why use the body (Empy) if it doesn't change your hit build? It shouldn't, and the more DA you have makes gearing for Zanhasso pointless. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd just rather be sitting at 100+tp before my animation for shoha ends than have zan proc sometimes.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-22 16:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why use the body (Empy) if it doesn't change your hit build?
Well stacking additional Store TP isn't a bad thing. For example if you're attack capped and don't need the attack from Atheling Mantle, but don't need the STP from Misuuchi Kappa, Misuuchi would still be the better choice due to the slight "TP bonus" you'd be gaining for your Shoha.

However, rereading your post, perhaps I misinterpreted what you were trying to say.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-22 16:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah you'd get roughly 4 extra tp per shoha. But the speed at which you shoha wouldn't change. Until attack capped attack would beat out the minor if at all present boost to shoha. So many situational sets lol. ^^
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-22 16:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Eh, I'm performing really well with the sets listed. I'm having trouble seeing 2.5% Zanhasso + 0-17 attack + 5 TP bonus (assuming belt is swapped to Goading; doesn't look like anything else changes in my SAM Roll sets) beating 4% TA 1% QA. It's not like you can't Zanhasso if you aren't using the body; I get a lot of 1 hit > 100%+ TP rounds as well, whether it be Zanhasso or TA/QA procs (even if TA/QA procs late, it still becomes a huge TP bonus along with the 2-3 swing auto attack damage).

I can see it *maybe* being better for an Attack + No SAM Roll set.

With your DA augment luck you should be rocking Otro body over Porthos either way.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-22 17:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why use the body (Empy) if it doesn't change your hit build? It shouldn't, and the more DA you have makes gearing for Zanhasso pointless. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd just rather be sitting at 100+tp before my animation for shoha ends than have zan proc sometimes.

If you don't have a solid Fighters roll a Zanshin build will pull ahead. Zanshin procs give 70+ TP return. You can take off all your QTDA/Zanshin gear and still be spamming WSs, SAM gains TP faster then you or I can react. Unless you are using a spellcast/bot WS trigger you will be over TPing on SAM with capped haste.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2013-08-22 17:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I always have fighters on as SAM is why it does more good to have another body in that slot. I see where you're coming from. I think at this point we're all arguing the same point. Hurray SAM!!!!
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-23 10:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Llewelyn, did you get your DA2 all from +2 stones? You must have stupid luck....
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 35 36 37