[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 35 36 37
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-07-22 02:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raizensun said: »
Thanks for your input good sir I can post my shoha set when I get home form the bar have an awesome day or nite (depending on your time zone)

You are going to want a Fudo set also. If Masa ever makes a come back. Hate spamming only shoha these days as Fudo was always my favorite SAM WS =/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-07-22 02:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a quick question about bure gloves. Does cure pot received count towards the cure cap of healers? (50%)

Taking a break since they came out and would love to know if they don't as I WHM also. Never really been a stat that turns up on high end DDer sets before now.
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-07-22 03:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Also a quick question about bure gloves. Does cure pot received count towards the cure cap of healers? (50%)

Taking a break since they came out and would love to know if they don't as I WHM also. Never really been a stat that turns up on high end DDer sets before now.

Curepot recieved is a stackable term. Even if you cap Curepot, Buremte Gloves will add more HP recieved.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-22 04:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Also a quick question about bure gloves. Does cure pot received count towards the cure cap of healers? (50%) Taking a break since they came out and would love to know if they don't as I WHM also. Never really been a stat that turns up on high end DDer sets before now.
Curepot recieved is a stackable term. Even if you cap Curepot, Buremte Gloves will add more HP recieved.

It also effects gear the mage may use like cureskin and mp received based on cured hp. There just hasn't been any gear with sizable amounts of it with any practical use till now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-07-22 04:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Epic news! Thanks for the fast responses :D Will see how the next few updates pan out to see if I return then.

Edit: Looks like I have been charged for the month anyway, WOOOOOO no break :S
 Ragnarok.Raizensun
user: Raizensun
By Ragnarok.Raizensun 2013-07-23 19:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Any input I will be greatful for Masa at 95 and legs are rank 12
ItemSet 308868

ItemSet 308869
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-07-23 19:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks fine to me mostly, I'l list a few things that could be switched around but I'm no expert just going by what I use:

Shoha:

Atheling mantle
Moonshade earring (TP bonus)
Brutal earring
Omodaka Sune-ate or Miki. Boots/Karieyh boots if you need Acc (Unsure on these kinda forgot what their stats are)

Fudo (Miss using this ; ;) :

Justicars torque unless you need Acc
Same as above for earrings
I'm betting Miki. Boots would beat most things or could use Omodaka again?

Think thats it really, but better to wait for someone else to confirm what I said lol Hope it helps ^^
[+]
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Server: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-07-23 20:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh easiest upgrade would be Brutal + TP bonus moonshade. If no moonshade atleast use the DA earring set 2STR/5skill cant be better than 7 DA no matter how you spin it. Could prolly use atheling aswell if you wanted for the extra DA. And for both pretty sure Karieyh feet are better since its 1STR vs 10 ATK. If ACC isn't need could prolly go for the omodaka sune-ate in shoha if not both aswell. Only other thing that really stands ou to me is the belt in fudo I just use snow belt not to get the DA-5%. Just somethings to think over since at the end of the day it'll all boil down to personal preference.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raizensun
user: Raizensun
By Ragnarok.Raizensun 2013-07-23 20:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks still goning to wait on more input also but I been leaning toward Justicars for fudo though and good look on those earrings man I totally missed that
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-23 20:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

why would you gear for accuracy on fudo, aren't one hit ws auto capped acc? besides, anything where accuracy is a serious concern for fudo, you're not capping attack and should probably be usshoha.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-23 20:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo:
ItemSet 308875

Fudo capped attack:
ItemSet 308877
Whirlpool Greaves if you have those.

Shoha:
ItemSet 308876

May want STP pieces in some slots depending on your TP build (Rajas, Karieyh Sollerets/Mikinaak Greaves). Make sure you're using Mekira-oto +1 on the days it's active as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-23 22:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Uncapped att can use Mikinaak hands. 10str (-1) but +13 att.

I hope they unlock Fudo for other weapons. Sucks the best SAM WS isn't even usable atm.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-23 23:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I should upgrade those. They'll be pretty beastly when the item level update comes around!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-26 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What type of xhit are people going for these days with Tsurumaru? I'm looking to gear up all my alts(so probably not going to have multiples of things like Tenryu+1, but anything that's actually available or farmable is fine), and can't quite figure out what'd be best.

Obviously, a 5hit is only 24 STP without ionis or 13 with, that's a joke. 4hit doesn't seem feasible without outside buffs on anything with evasion. Are people using samurai/miser's roll, and if so what's the reasonable standard to expect? I'm my own COR, so I can do appropriate rolling practice, just not sure what I should be aiming for: especially when rotating, it can be very rough to keep roll above X value.

Should I just forget dealing with all of that and use a 5hit, or does anyone have any input there? The COR can and will be used whenever SAMs are, I just don't know if that's enough reason to go for 4hit or how best to go about it.
 Fenrir.Dingie
Server: Fenrir
user: lilaznkru
By Fenrir.Dingie 2013-07-26 17:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried calculating out a 4 hit, while feasible, it's not worth all the sacrifices you would have to make. I'm going with an easy 5 hit, max haste and as much double and triple attacks I can stack to tp in.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-07-26 17:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Uncapped att can use Mikinaak hands. 10str (-1) but +13 att.

I hope they unlock Fudo for other weapons. Sucks the best SAM WS isn't even usable atm.

I miss using it so much. Feels like I have lost my mojo D: So I whm far more now and even got round to finally leveling PUP...
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-26 17:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
What type of xhit are people going for these days with Tsurumaru? I'm looking to gear up all my alts(so probably not going to have multiples of things like Tenryu+1, but anything that's actually available or farmable is fine), and can't quite figure out what'd be best.

Obviously, a 5hit is only 24 STP without ionis or 13 with, that's a joke. 4hit doesn't seem feasible without outside buffs on anything with evasion. Are people using samurai/miser's roll, and if so what's the reasonable standard to expect? I'm my own COR, so I can do appropriate rolling practice, just not sure what I should be aiming for: especially when rotating, it can be very rough to keep roll above X value.

Should I just forget dealing with all of that and use a 5hit, or does anyone have any input there? The COR can and will be used whenever SAMs are, I just don't know if that's enough reason to go for 4hit or how best to go about it.

Use my Ionis build.

ItemSet 222265
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-26 17:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's perfect, will just rep tenryu with bregokarieyh and duplus with pole for alts. I'm guessing you're assuming SAM roll is up, but making no further assumptions about number, since 48(gear)+40(merits)+17(roll) would still be 105 STP total?

Also, thinking Goading + Usu Body + Letalis should be a minimal downgrade to skip the belts(difficult to find and nobody farms muyingwa much here).
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-26 17:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
That's perfect, will just rep tenryu with brego and duplus with pole for alts. I'm guessing you're assuming SAM roll is up, but making no further assumptions about number, since 48(gear)+40(merits)+17(roll) would still be 105 STP total?

SAM roll makes it a 4hit. But the build is based around Zanhasso procs.

30tp+71.2 return (5/5 iki) = WS+Zanshin round = 101.2 tp so an effective 2hit(kinda) that procs quite often.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-26 17:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, awesome. I guess that'd be why you went for AF3 body, ugh abyssea
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-26 17:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wat

Edit: Nvm. Person deleted post. :x
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-26 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

my thoughts exactly^

Ionis haste would make it possible to swap in dynamic belt+1, no?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-26 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. IIRC you always run around with a Gjallarhorn BRD mule so would only need 25% haste in gear with Hasso + AF3+2 legs + capped magic haste to cap delay reduction anyway.

Actually... has it ever been shown if Ionis is JA/Gear/Magic haste?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-26 18:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BG-wiki sources byrth saying it's 12/1024 gear haste with a short test.
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-07-28 17:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a nice ACC WS set they could share? Ive only been using the above set but with Element Gorget/Belt and still seem to miss a lot on those damn new zones (Plasm farming I bring destruction with standard setup)

Edit: Maybe use Buremte gloves for that 20 Acc? This is all for those cases where theres no Brd or Cor just kinda a Solo thing for Wildkeeper mob fighting.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-29 01:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 309443

Karieyh Sollerets also work. Shouldn't need Buremte Gloves, but I don't know what you use SAM for and what your buffs look like. Should only be necessary if you're fighting Muyingwa.
[+]
By SamuraiCloud27 2013-07-29 10:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, just what I needed :) Like I said it was mainly for no buff situations on the higher end mobs like Marjami Ravine or Yorcia Weald Wildkeeper Reives, I usually have no trouble at all on anythin else but them big blue birds in particular seem to be extremely evasive o.o lol. I use my SAM for whatever I can as I see it as my favourite/main, thanks again!
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-29 10:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Letalis
SamuraiCloud27 said: »
Anyone have a nice ACC WS set they could share? Ive only been using the above set but with Element Gorget/Belt and still seem to miss a lot on those damn new zones (Plasm farming I bring destruction with standard setup)

Edit: Maybe use Buremte gloves for that 20 Acc? This is all for those cases where theres no Brd or Cor just kinda a Solo thing for Wildkeeper mob fighting.

Your first swaps should be:
Yaoyotl Helm
Candent Ring
Elemental Gorget/Belt
Letalis Mantle

After that for extremely Evasive mobs you could use Mikinaak body/Hands.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-31 02:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new stats coming in on SoA gear, would Mikinaak hands and feet be the best for WS at rank 15?

Mikinaak Gauntlets
DEF:72 HP+15
STR+6 DEX+20 VIT+22 INT+13 MND+17 CHR+13
Attack+13
Evasion+11 Magic Evasion+19
Haste+4%
(STR +16 Attack +28 at R15)

Mikinaak Greaves
DEF:59 HP+9
STR+6 DEX+3 VIT+7 AGI+15 MND+1 CHR+13
Attack+10
Evasion+25 Magic Evasion+45