[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 35 36 37

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos 2013-04-03 20:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok am i crazy or when Karieyh brayettes came out they were Karieyh brayette? did they add in the (s) in a update?
 Shiva.Kinzu
Server: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-04-03 20:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Prepare your jimmies, the GK that caused the hurt butt just spewed out an extra 4D.

:(
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-03 20:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos said: »
Ok am i crazy or when Karieyh brayettes came out they were Karieyh brayette? did they add in the (s) in a update?

Yes.
 Odin.Judont
Server: Odin
user: Judont00
By Odin.Judont 2013-04-03 20:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos said: »

They added an s yesterday during emergency maint
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-04-04 21:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

unkai neck piece still a decent piece for the slot? no mala, I think I tossed it a long while ago when i was doing my sandy clears when it first came out because I didn't thinkit was awesome.. a while after I've spammed him and nada :\
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-04 22:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
unkai neck piece still a decent piece for the slot? no mala, I think I tossed it a long while ago when i was doing my sandy clears when it first came out because I didn't thinkit was awesome.. a while after I've spammed him and nada :\

If you don't need the STP from unkai use Rancor Collar or Portus Collar till Mala.
 Asura.Aineko
Server: Asura
user: Aineko
By Asura.Aineko 2013-04-13 00:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest putting in this quick and dirty guide to Store TP. It should work until more STP is added via traits. If more Store TP gear is added, it simply will mean that the four-hit column might become applicable to some of the mid-range delay Great Katanas. I figured out the numbers for theoretical 3-hit builds, but they simply won't be possible without another +100ish Store TP, so didn't bother putting them into the already ugly table.

Here's some quick numbers for Store TP of a few common-delay GKs:

Assumption: lvl 99 Samurai, 5/5 Store TP merits, 0 Store TP in Weaponskill, one-hit weaponskill.

Ideally you will aim for 5-hit build. However, with a 480 delay Great Katana, a 4-hit is reasonable to make. 407/420 delay Great Katanas take a bit to 5-hit though, so fresh from Abyssea Samurais might use 6-hit build with the new craftable/Coalition Great Katanas temporarily, until they have a chance to upgrade some of their gear.

If you have Store TP in your weaponskill set, it can be counted towards this number by dividing by the number of hits, generally 5. Some WS pieces that have Store TP on them are Rajas Ring, Brutal Earring, Unkai Haidate +2, and Rose Strap if you're using that. Add it all up, divide by the number of hits, and add that number to your TP amount. This is a rule of thumb, so it could end up being 1 less than needed, but this gives you an idea of how much you will need without having to do the math yourself.

Delay_ 6-Hit_ 5-Hit_ 4-Hit
407 25 66 135
420 20 60 126
437 13 51 115
450 7 44 104
464 0 31 88
480 0 18 70
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2013-04-13 00:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice guide, it's good to see some people are still putting up some great guides for Samurai.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-13 13:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Karieyh Haubert for Tachi: Shoha?

Karieyh Haubert Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:79 STR+18 DEX+18 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+2%
LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-13 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Thoughts on Karieyh Haubert for Tachi: Shoha? Karieyh Haubert Rare Ex [Body] All Races DEF:79 STR+18 DEX+18 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+2% LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

Phorcys still beats is because of the 7% weaponskill damage even though its only the first hit. If you don't have phorcys, Karieyh is the one to have.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-13 14:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Thoughts on Karieyh Haubert for Tachi: Shoha? Karieyh Haubert Rare Ex [Body] All Races DEF:79 STR+18 DEX+18 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+2% LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

Phorcys still beats is because of the 7% weaponskill damage even though its only the first hit. If you don't have phorcys, Karieyh is the one to have.

^ This. The only other deciding factor would be the ACC from Haubert but that would be a rare instance. There are other swaps you would make first and if they weren't enough you probably have Songs/Rolls to compensate for the crazy EVA.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-13 14:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And for Stardiver?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-04-13 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And for Stardiver?

same thing. unless you somehow really need the accuracy, at which point you would be using gkt instead so.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-13 14:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I just saved myself 25k bayld for more useful stuff xd
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Server: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-04-14 20:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so on sam merits i have
stp 5
meditate 1
zanshin rate 4

shikikoyo 1
blade bash 1
ikishoten 3
and overwhelm 5

the guide says not meriting zanshin rate, but dont that go directly (at half the %) to become a double attack with more tp/hit?
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-15 08:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
so on sam merits i have
stp 5
meditate 1
zanshin rate 4

shikikoyo 1
blade bash 1
ikishoten 3
and overwhelm 5

the guide says not meriting zanshin rate, but dont that go directly (at half the %) to become a double attack with more tp/hit?

I use:

Stp 5
Med 2
Zanshin 3

Iki 5 (you want alteast 4 here)
OW 5
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-15 08:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In all the years I've played, I've never seen a sam use Shiki. Give tp to someone else? Pff, as if! Greedy sams!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-15 08:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
In all the years I've played, I've never seen a sam use Shiki. Give tp to someone else? Pff, as if! Greedy sams!
I couple of my LS members would do it back at 75 cap when there was downtime but that's all I've seen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-15 09:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really all it is. Other than "Some *** is taking his sweet time swapping jobs before ein", I've only seen it used otherwise as "here take some tp since I'm running around weakened atm".
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 21:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used shiki at 75 cap, but since the hassozanshin update, I got rid of it to put more into Ikishoten. I have 1 blade bash personally. I think that stun/plague is useful.

On to my question. What is the deal with sams using the trip+2 haste+5 byrnie from Bismark? I see sooooooo many sams use it over Unkai+2. What gives?
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-04-15 21:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I used shiki at 75 cap, but since the hassozanshin update, I got rid of it to put more into Ikishoten. I have 1 blade bash personally. I think that stun/plague is useful.

On to my question. What is the deal with sams using the trip+2 haste+5 byrnie from Bismark? I see sooooooo many sams use it over Unkai+2. What gives?
Cause most people run around thinking if it's newer than what they're wearing, it must be better.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-04-15 21:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

really? if you dont have +2 body and your other gear is suboptimal its better than a perle body and its free out of a vw box

again I dont think this is the case, nobody is like HOLY ***PORTHOS OMG MY 99RELIC SAM NEEDS THAT
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 21:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
really? if you dont have +2 body and your other gear is suboptimal its better than a perle body and its free out of a vw box

again I dont think this is the case, nobody is like HOLY ***PORTHOS OMG MY 99RELIC SAM NEEDS THAT

Well I ask, the sam in question next to me has +2 gears and 2 95 relics. He has both Amano and Yoichi, but is sportin the byrnie. I simply asked because perhaps there was something I was overlooking. I just could have sworn the byrnie was essentially crap.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-15 21:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
I couple of my LS members would do it back at 75 cap when there was downtime but that's all I've seen.
Always had SAMs doing it at Kirin runs while waiting on the people going 0/15+ on teleporter. lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-15 22:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I used it last night while helping in NNI because I was weakened on floor 60 boss so I gave TP to the DRK <_<b
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-04-15 23:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I can remember it actually being useful was with my nni group on flan nms. Me(SAM) & the our other SAM would feed our TP to our BLU for Requie spam back to back & it'd go down ridiculously fast.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-15 23:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Asura.Fondue said: »
really? if you dont have +2 body and your other gear is suboptimal its better than a perle body and its free out of a vw box again I dont think this is the case, nobody is like HOLY ***PORTHOS OMG MY 99RELIC SAM NEEDS THAT
Well I ask, the sam in question next to me has +2 gears and 2 95 relics. He has both Amano and Yoichi, but is sportin the byrnie. I simply asked because perhaps there was something I was overlooking. I just could have sworn the byrnie was essentially crap.

Early on in 99 cap it had a use in a capped haste 5 hit set before the zanshin adjustments and nni gear. Right before that there was a decent hybrid build using ogier's surcoat.

Outside of those 2 niche's, its never been good for SAM and someone holding 2 95 relics doesn't mean they know anything about the job, just that they have BST and free time.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-16 05:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So I missed the voidwatch bus and climb groups for the cities are proving... Rare. What options should sam be looking at until they can get Ganesha for tp neck, I saw Unkai mentioned but was curious if Rancor/Nefarious would be options as well.

My current neck is bad and I feel bad XD
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-04-16 05:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Always had SAMs doing it at Kirin runs while waiting on the people going 0/15+ on teleporter. lol

Omg I'm so glad they fixed that. At somepoint someone at SE was like... okay, that might have been an unnecessary *** move.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 35 36 37