(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 206 207 208
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-08 17:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat. Grats
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-01-08 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Out of experimenting with various subjobs soloing ARII on drk.
I like /whm :D

finally successful clear with killing HQ boss :3
Time to get better gear to make this run more efficient

used scythe. infinite mp gooooooooooo

gear used (if anyone interested) /shrug
ItemSet 318167

Nice job. There is one piece of equipment that would make this a lot easier Apoc119 failing that theres the Eminent Scythe. The former will let you go /sam and increase kill speed the latter just kill speed.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-08 18:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing to note is that iLevel gear and /whm lets you actually land paralyze on HQ khim with decent potency.

Prebuff with aquaveil, stoneskin and blink also gives you some extra lead time at the start of the fight before any damage makes it through, also when you fight him you 'butt tank' him (fight on his hind leg) so he doesnt lithic breath you. Barthunder + barpara is quite relevant for this too.

Also soul enslavement is good to use for the last 25% so you can put him down quickly and minimize his tp move spam.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-01-08 19:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is actually better to tank Khim from the sides, as from behind it uses Plague Sweep, a -10TP/tic virus and -30-sh HP/tic bio III, from the sides, it won't use that or Lithic Breath.
By volkom 2014-01-08 20:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/whm~
viruna + erase = gg
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-01-08 21:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yah, it's not hard, but why bother doing that, when you can avoid it?
By Scruffyballs 2014-01-08 21:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 318167
curious, how long does this take you?
Do you kill 5th floor gears or unlock and go right for khimaira & elder.
By volkom 2014-01-08 22:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I went for page nms not gears this time. But if i went straight for gears. it certainly clears under the time limit.
By amadis 2014-01-09 05:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I pick up my 119 Ragnarok later today and im wondering is a 6-hit build really worth it? It seems like you loose out on a lot of multi-hit you would have with a 7-hit.
ItemSet 318186
I cant use DPS spreadsheets atm and was wondering if anyone else had compared 6 and 7-hits.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-01-09 12:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is actually not the hit build. Your set, which I have experienced myself, has alot of multi hit but you are losing out on alot of accuracy. On anything relevant now a day, that set won't cut it. The difference between Cizin leg and Ares, Cizin hand and Ares are huge. You are losing out a little on multi-hit but you gain a ton of attack, accuracy, dex (crit), and str (fstr). Not to mention the 25 accuracy you lose from Yaoyotl to Otomi. Those are all extremely important especially on higher level mobs.

The above are based on DPS spreadsheets.
[+]
By amadis 2014-01-10 03:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

These are my accurancy builds
ItemSet 318187
ItemSet 318188
Which set I use obviously depends on what I am fighting. I am not stupid, I understand the importance or accuracy, I didn't bother posting acc sets earlier as there is no possible way I am going to get a 6-hit and get enough acc in a set to even come close to decent hit rate on higher level AA's. Btw, Cizin legs are not giving you any accuracy and the hands acc is only from DEX (unless your going for acc augments)
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-01-10 11:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you are missing my point. My point was that you can get a 6 hit and the gears required to 6 gives you enough accuracy that you can fullfill both needs.

I know hands and legs don't give accuracy, hands give alot of dex PLUS the DA and STP (ares hands is 1 more DA only). Legs really depends, I won't mind Ares but the STR and attack from Cizin are huge on tougher mobs. So you are not losing multi hit, 2% TA is pretty much the same as 4% DA, and in which I actually prefer DA cuz you will have slightly less TP overflow, and you gain STR and attack.

For feet, I was thinking Mikinaak boots, which although has less accuracy than whirlpool, gives you STP.

Bloodrain grip also gives 6 STP and 6 accuracy, another that offers both. Yaoyotl too.

So my point in the other post was to say that your exchange of multi hit with hit build actually lose you accuracy as well. If you are facing easy mobs then yes, I agree with stacking multi hit through the roof, I never said that was wrong. But on harder mobs, you can hit two birds with 1 stone. Right now your option are 7 hit with insane multi hit but low accuracy, and 7 hit high accuracy with little multi hit. I am saying you can go with a 6 hit with medium to high accuracy and medium to high multi hit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-01-10 11:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

and when I say 6 hit, I don't mean a true 6 hit. Reaching 6 hit build with Ragnarok actually doesn't lose as much multi hit as you think. My 6 hit is to rely on resolution to connect at least 3 hits, which is high enough chance. I think you lose about 11 or 12% DA (when converting the QA to TA etc), which is worth it for losing a hit in your build, but you also lose accuracy. When you try to close the gap on accuracy like you did above, you lose some of that multi hit, and at some point that becomes not worth it to lose a hit is my point.

PS: and no, don't think you are stupid at all, just like to discuss. Trust me when I said I have explored your build before and actually put it in the DPS sheet.
[+]
By amadis 2014-01-11 04:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I thought it was obvious the set I originally posted was for fodder, maybe I should have made that more clear. I just wanted to know the answer to a question and if I had access to some form of excel atm I wouldent be asking it.
I'm guessing your build looks something like this?
ItemSet 318260
Looking at it now it does seem like I would not be missing out on a great deal to loose one hit and gaining some dDEX and fSTR, windbuffet can be swapped in with LR up and full buffs but I still don't see how you would make adjustments for extreme accuracy situations and keep a 6-hit. Neck, belt and back can be easily swapped but that's only an extra 38 acc.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-01-11 11:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the above set is pretty much it. As for extreme accuracy situation, I think that's the limitation for DRK for now. You can probably go with the 7 hit high accuracy low multi hit build that you had above. You do still have the option to get accuracy song, eating sushi, and DE etc tho. But you will not have less accuracy than other melee for sure with the use of Ragnarok, and that's really how you should be looking at. If the whole group is low in accuracy then it is a group problem not individual problem.

Also, in those situation, which I think you are talking about AA fights (as in Delve you should be buffed through the roof), then you really should be looking at /nin, and the whole discussion changes.

But in the end, yes, the super multihit 7 hit build is the best for fodder mobs.
 Asura.Gippali
Server: Asura
user: Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2014-01-17 13:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All!

I finish my Apoc tomorrow morning and was thinking of rolling with these sets when /sam. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait for this scythe to be done, really stoked!!

Cizin Hands Have +2 DA/-3PDT
Cizin Legs Have +2 Crit/-3PDT
All Miki armor is Path A

TP:
ItemSet 313339

AM:
ItemSet 318060

CATA:
ItemSet 318059

Playing around with this set Cata:
ItemSet 318427

The thing about this set is the lack of ACC when swapping from Miki body/legs to Igno's +1. It's like a 40+ acc difference which might be an issue depending on what your fighting.

Things working on:

Ares +1 legs
Duplus
Miki. Body (just been lazy and have not aug'd it yet)
Pak +1
Letalis Mantle

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-01-27 21:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mashall said: »
Hey Guys, i have a lvl99 Ragnarok, it is worth it to upgrade it to lvl119 or just spend 10mil to get Tunglmyrkvi??

you've gone that far, why not finish it
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-02 23:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs for pretty much all WSs, Body for Entropy/Reso. Head for Dark Magic skill obviously.

On a related note, is the Souleater enhancement on the head applied upon activation or while worn? Info isn't on BG for even the base form.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-02-02 23:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

While worn; this is why people back in the day preferred to use the body slot for Souleater enhancement during a k-club zerg (you didn't have to give up haste). Maybe it's different for the reforged version but I highly doubt it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-02-03 04:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Legs for pretty much all WSs, Body for Entropy/Reso. Head for Dark Magic skill obviously.

On a related note, is the Souleater enhancement on the head applied upon activation or while worn? Info isn't on BG for even the base form.

I would also suggest the hands for acc ws build, potentially for a tp build if you needed higher haste but I use burmte gloves and use AF hands for ws.

Anything lower than AA I use ,cizin hands with 2 da on.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2014-02-03 14:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mik path A, at least the body, is still a superior body piece than reforged +1 body due to accuracy. The leg is likely the only piece worth sacrificing accuracy for. My rule has always been, your TP and WS accuracy should be very similar. If you are not capping accuracy on TP, you are doing it wrong and there is no reason to wrong it on WS too.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-05 09:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So been looking over the cata sets does Miki body actually beat out phorcys? I would have thought the ws damage+7% would have kept it at the top for single hit wses.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2014-02-05 14:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates! Everything RL is taken care of now, so I should find the time to update the guide soon :)

That Hauby v2 looks ***' hella, I'll have to put up which builds it can go into.

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Out of experimenting with various subjobs soloing ARII on drk.
I like /whm :D

used scythe. infinite mp gooooooooooo

ItemSet 318167

Nice job. There is one piece of equipment that would make this a lot easier Apoc119 failing that theres the Eminent Scythe. The former will let you go /sam and increase kill speed the latter just kill speed.

Hmmm, I'll have to try some other places for salvage. I still need my Ares legs, and then the papers to +1 them. Gotta muster up the courage first. XD
By charlo999 2014-02-06 08:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Merkira oto, you say full time.
I've always used for light aligned days only assuming it was light only with fragmentation.
But it has a secondary scission property.
Does the merkira oto take this into account as an alignment? Which would mean its light and dark ergo everyday.
The fulltime comment is what's throwing me and I've searched and not found a result.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2014-02-06 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Question about Merkira oto, you say full time.
I've always used for light aligned days only assuming it was light only with fragmentation.
But it has a secondary scission property.
Does the merkira oto take this into account as an alignment? Which would mean its light and dark ergo everyday.
The fulltime comment is what's throwing me and I've searched and not found a result.
Resolution is fragmentation/scission based, so it can be used on wind, thunder and earth-days.

on non-matching elemental days, I'd swap to Otomi. I'll have to put that in.
By charlo999 2014-02-06 11:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...

Says otherwise on its 2 nd bullet note.

And this is how I have always set it up on thunder, wind, fire and light days.
But I wasn't sure if scission under dark played a part.
If they both do and I'm not reading that wrong reso should benefit for all days.
It could be that I'm misreading it and IF the SC properties are directly light or dark then they work on the elements under that.
Instead of a SC with a element under it means it works on every light or dark day.

Example:

1. SC property is earth so works on earth but by extension earth is a dark element so it works on all dark element associated days. Earth, water, ice, dark.

2. SC property is light so works on light day and all elements that fall under light eg; thunder, wind, fire.

Sorry for banging on just confused which it is.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 206 207 208