(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 206 207 208
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-07 23:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
You can always rose strap it. However, the new gloves with +DA is also very good, so you have +10 stp to make up for to replace cizin gloves and goading.

Holy ***, I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I'll admit, I've been a bit sloppy lately.

5-Hit Senbaak updated.
By minikomby 2013-11-08 13:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

any advice for leberator Regular TP set and AM3? main guide just has AM3 set
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-08 20:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
any advice for leberator Regular TP set and AM3? main guide just has AM3 set
Ahh, I'll have to get those builds updated. I'll admit I have no in-game experience with Liberator, but I'll come up with the best possible sets the best I can.

Edit: I came up with something like this-

ItemSet 315298

Consensus? Variations?
By Scruffyballs 2013-11-09 12:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 293557
Looking at rolling with this. Don't have the helm yet and haven't read anything about the DMG boost. If it sucks I'll probably use the double attack +3 helm.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-09 12:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Scruffyballs said: »
ItemSet 293557
Looking at rolling with this. Don't have the helm yet and haven't read anything about the DMG boost. If it sucks I'll probably use the double attack +3 helm.
I like that set. Nearly borders into 4-hit territory (gets you 20 TP/hit with Pak+1), with an emphasis on double attack.

I'll put it up!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-09 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pruned up a few things, such as weapon lists and HQ MDT set.

edit: updated Apoc AM Magic/JA Haste Accuracy set.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-09 16:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know how much damage the helm increases it by? Is it a 100% proc rate or random like WAR's Emp?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-09 22:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Attack damage +5%.
By charlo999 2013-11-10 00:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

At 5% of even a full da build gonna be like a 2 - 3% increase in white damage. I'd prob go with the new da 3 helm. It looks extremely powerful for war though with 2 sp's up.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-10 00:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
At 5% of even a full da build gonna be like a 2 - 3% increase in white damage. I'd prob go with the new da 3 helm. It looks extremely powerful for war though with 2 sp's up.
Yeah, that was my plan B. Might as well go with the Otomi helm in this instance.
By charlo999 2013-11-10 00:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah seems it totally depends on x hit trade offs and what you need. I mean if you have to choose slots the new 5 haste 4 da belt for goading is slightly better and leave the tojil head on to gain 1 more da and more acc. Depends on the weapon I guess. If you can squeeze head and belt into the build even better.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-13 15:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Torcleaver is still worth having for more evasive monsters or if you don't have enough attack.
Coming back to this- I've actually noticed this as well.

I'll play around with it when last resort's down at the very least.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-11-17 12:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ive been away most of the last month, is scythe a viable weapon for drk again?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-17 12:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-11-17 12:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Nope because SE is stupid and makes your A+ weapon the worse option.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-17 12:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could say yes, even in light of Liberator being buffed. :x
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-11-17 13:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

huh? i think your greatly underestimating insurgency w/ 119 lib, maybe i just play with ***players, but i don't have much trouble at all keeping up with 119 conq.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-11-17 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

he's deliberately slacking to make you feel good about yourself <3
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-11-17 15:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys should chat about how awesome lacryma sickle so I can skillup on it.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-11-17 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »

huh? i think your greatly underestimating insurgency w/ 119 lib, maybe i just play with ***players, but i don't have much trouble at all keeping up with 119 conq.

fiv is defo slacking!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-17 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What are your parses and gear sets like? Just curious. I want to run this up in a spreadsheet real quick.

Ken says Hi on levi btw :B
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2013-11-17 15:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty easy to outparse the dead. As is the natural state of Fiv.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-17 16:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: question answered.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2013-11-18 02:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted some quick item sets on my page (totally forget how to post the sets) I haven't got around to playing with the spreadsheet since I have been back, esp. with all the new ilvl gear, which ill get around to sometime. I'll also try to get some parses tomorrow with 119 rag/lib/conq. and post them up later.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-18 03:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted some quick item sets on my page (totally forget how to post the sets) I haven't got around to playing with the spreadsheet since I have been back, esp. with all the new ilvl gear, which ill get around to sometime. I'll also try to get some parses tomorrow with 119 rag/lib/conq. and post them up later.
Sweet, thanks!
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-18 03:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ... no.

No doubt that Liberator is the best Scyth build but it's not gonna compete with Rag Reso spam or even Senbaak reso spam. Reso is just that much stronger then Entropy even after the recent stat splat. GS has always beat Scyth in melee DPS but it severely lacked a powerful WS. Anyhow the difference between GS and Scyth skill is 7 points so in no way was Scyth DRK's main weapon. People just thought that because GS remained so underpowered for so long that everyone just kinda forgot it existed.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2013-11-18 11:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Yeah ... no.

No doubt that Liberator is the best Scyth build but it's not gonna compete with Rag Reso spam or even Senbaak reso spam. Reso is just that much stronger then Entropy even after the recent stat splat. GS has always beat Scyth in melee DPS but it severely lacked a powerful WS. Anyhow the difference between GS and Scyth skill is 7 points so in no way was Scyth DRK's main weapon. People just thought that because GS remained so underpowered for so long that everyone just kinda forgot it existed.
oh yeah man your completely right, this is exactly what i was trying to say lib > all weapons.....not. when did this become a discussion about "x" vs. resolution? I'm just trying to show that there are other option out there. should make a lib and ilvl it then come back and lemme know what u think about it, K.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-18 12:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Yeah ... no.

Well you're obviously not going to use Entropy without using Insurgency for AM3 first. Insurgency gets a heavy boost with heavy attack, and Liberator is stupidly easy to 5hit.

While I might have said a few posts back that I wished scythe would be better, Kese comes in and makes this claim. So that makes me think, "wait a minute, I think he's onto something here," once I remembered the full power of a Mythic. Yeah, Resolution produces huge ws numbers and steady DPS, but you can also nearly hit the attack and accuracy caps with Lib AM3 and keep consistent damage going. Entropy can surprisingly spike a bit high too, as I saw when using my Apoc at void watch. So I trust Kese on this claim, because there's a lot more to using a weapon than just 7+ skill.

By the way, I couldn't do spreadsheets last night thanks to a damn storm last night, but I'll have to run the numbers when I get home tonight. :P
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 206 207 208