(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-07-01 05:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
5.25 ACC + 14 ATT > 11 ACC + 3 ATT

Since you're already going over the minimum, you might as well add some attack to some slots where the tradeoff is decent. There's really not too much you can do to trim the excess haste without sacrificing some additional stats though, especially since we're seeing more haste on new gear now.

For the most part, you want to have a minimum of 630 accuracy from gear + dex (which is why I also provided a minimum gear set) for Delve bosses like Tojil.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Seeing as I don't have that neck would Bale neck + Dynamic be an acceptable substitute?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-01 06:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kormak said: »
5.25 ACC + 14 ATT > 11 ACC + 3 ATT

Since you're already going over the minimum, you might as well add some attack to some slots where the tradeoff is decent. There's really not too much you can do to trim the excess haste without sacrificing some additional stats though, especially since we're seeing more haste on new gear now.

For the most part, you want to have a minimum of 630 accuracy from gear + dex (which is why I also provided a minimum gear set) for Delve bosses like Tojil.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Seeing as I don't have that neck would Bale neck + Dynamic be an acceptable substitute?

Yeah, you can work with that until then.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-07-01 18:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kormak said: »
Sorry if I am missing something here, but can someone explain why in the delve high acc set: ItemSet 306242 you use Zoran over Dynamic or Dynamic +1? Is there a reason for going over haste cap for the 7 Dex over 10 or 11 acc? (I know both these belts still put you over haste cap) Forgive me for asking, its just because ffxiclopedia has that DEX = floor [5.25] acc for that dex if I'm following the formula correct.
5.25 ACC + 14 ATT > 11 ACC + 3 ATT Since you're already going over the minimum, you might as well add some attack to some slots where the tradeoff is decent. There's really not too much you can do to trim the excess haste without sacrificing some additional stats though, especially since we're seeing more haste on new gear now. For the most part, you want to have a minimum of 630 accuracy from gear + dex (which is why I also provided a minimum gear set) for Delve bosses like Tojil.

I approve of this just because I'm happy to see the fire bomblet in use again!
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2013-07-05 01:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 306242

So uh... max acc sets are cool and all but this isn't intended to be used as a functional set right? Looking at 716 accuracy.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-05 03:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said: »
ItemSet 306242

So uh... max acc sets are cool and all but this isn't intended to be used as a functional set right? Looking at 716 accuracy.
Here's an X-hit I just built in the case it's not:

ItemSet 306984
By R3G1STRY 2013-07-05 03:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 306242

ItemSet 306984

ItemSet 306990

Would probably be better. Unless I'm really tired and that's not ~637 accuracy.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-05 04:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

R3G1STRY said: »
ItemSet 306242

ItemSet 306984

ItemSet 306990

Would probably be better. Unless I'm really tired and that's not ~637 accuracy.
~632, and just barely. I'll post it!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-05 04:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I edited the Delve Max-Acc gear set just now, in case anyone is confused by what prinny is talking about- yes, it had gear that was way up there in the accuracy calculation
By R3G1STRY 2013-07-05 05:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize if I'm missing something, but why bother keeping that 'x-hit' set in the OP? It's more than 10% worse than the set I posted, regardless of subjob. I also threw it into a spreadsheet to double check, it's 637 accuracy using Elvaan stats + DEX merits.

Also, while I'm paying attention and remembering (even though it probably isn't relevant anymore), the set you have listed as '7-hit /WAR' is supposed to have a Phos+1, not a Goading Belt. That's been bugging me for months.

edit: and since I'm already at it...

Last Resort up TP set:
ItemSet 307032

Resolution set (Oto+1 > Quauhpilli on active days):
ItemSet 307033
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-07-05 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks god some1 said this lol.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-05 18:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah R3g, the Max-ACC set you posted wins out compared to the 5-hit I improvised. And as much as I'd like to see a functional 5-hit for it, I'm convinced it is pretty much better to 6-hit it. BTW I have a bad habit of using FFXICalc as a quick reference for melee accuracy lol :X

As for the Rag 7-hit war, yeah, I looked into that just now, and I don't know how it ended up that Goading was calculating higher in set TP over Phos +1. Plus, it was set that was copied initially for the guide, heh. Regardless, I mananaged to fix the dps problem, so that set should be adjusted as well.

edit: that reminds me, I need to update Apoc/Lib sets and such
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
Server: Bahamut
user: avengerx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-07-05 23:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

is Ker's cuirass a good body piece for drk?
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2013-07-07 09:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cloudxx said: »
is Ker's cuirass a good body piece for drk?

No, not really. There are too many other solid options for that slot available.

@Registry: Unless you need the Store TP during WS, Whirlpool beats out Karieyh.
 Lakshmi.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Lakshmi.Registry 2013-07-07 09:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, derp. Completely forgot Whirlpool existed (read: I don't have them yet Q_Q).

edit: errr... I think (eyeballing, I'll spreadsheet it when I get the chance) you do need the Store TP from Karieyh and Rajas if you're using the sets I posted.
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-07-07 10:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So would it benefit me more to make the Ares's Cuirass into the +1 version?
By R3G1STRY 2013-07-07 10:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cloudxx said: »
So would it benefit me more to make the Ares's Cuirass into the +1 version?

You'll only be using Ares+1 body as an idle piece. If you're strictly gearing DRK, you should use your plans on legs and hands first, in that order.
[+]
By R3G1STRY 2013-07-07 10:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »

I shouldn't eyeball things.

You don't need the Store TP, but you do actually need the extra couple accuracy from Karieyh feet if you want to hit 630 accuracy with the set I posted. Using Karieyh feet and Quauhpilli seems to be better than using Whirlpool and Yaoyotl. However, if you have accuracy on your Moonshade Earring (I've been debating reaugmenting mine for a while now...), then Whirlpool would be better.
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-07-07 10:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this may seem like a stupid question...but what is the Ideal set for Torcleaver

Edit: I'm blind XD i saw the gear set on the front page
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-07 11:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the cool spreadsheet kids know how far behind a delve scythe would be behind a bereaver?

I can't seem to get a real math-based/parse type answer with a % difference, just a bunch of kneejerk 'omg scythe sucks dont make+upgrade it' type responses from a bunch of non-drk DDs ._.
By Creecreelo 2013-07-07 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »

I shouldn't eyeball things.

You don't need the Store TP, but you do actually need the extra couple accuracy from Karieyh feet if you want to hit 630 accuracy with the set I posted. Using Karieyh feet and Quauhpilli seems to be better than using Whirlpool and Yaoyotl. However, if you have accuracy on your Moonshade Earring (I've been debating reaugmenting mine for a while now...), then Whirlpool would be better.

I've been curious about R15 Miki helm and R15 Miki hands for Reso. Str+22, Att+25, Acc+19~ for helm, Str+10 Att+28 Acc+10 for hands. Through substituting these two pieces in that set, you'd be gaining roughly 29 acc, which if you didn't need could allow for the changing out of other pieces. Perhaps then Letalis -> Atheling, Candent -> Pyrosoul and Moonshade from Acc+4 -> Att+4?

For comparison, I believe with these changes we're looking at Str+4, Att+37, Acc+7 vs. DA+4. Would the DA really beat that out? I suppose very likely with Att capped, and the Acc+7 of course could possibly be doing nothing. Idk, it was just a thought.

Perhaps another possibility is to just substitute R15 Miki Helm for Quauhpilli, allowing for Letalis -> Atheling and Candent -> Pyrosoul?
 Lakshmi.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Lakshmi.Registry 2013-07-07 12:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

With the amount of buffs/debuffs you have on anything that it's actually going to matter, it's going to be STR+4 vs DA+4 and the DA will almost be better.

As far as Cadent -> Pyrosoul, I tend to just use Cadent or Strigoi anyway, just because of how the game seems to handle items with the same name (both of them don't always get equipped).

Phorcys hands -> Mikinaak hands might be worth it, but just looking at it, I think going from 4 attack to 4 accuracy is much less of a tradeoff (especially when attack's capped most of the time) than losing the 2 DA from Phorcys hands.

I can give you a definitive answer in a little bit, but you're usually capping attack with all the buffs/debuffs you have.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-07 12:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Any of the cool spreadsheet kids know how far behind a delve scythe would be behind a bereaver?

I can't seem to get a real math-based/parse type answer with a % difference, just a bunch of kneejerk 'omg scythe sucks dont make+upgrade it' type responses from a bunch of non-drk DDs ._.

Your Melee Damage per round will be higher, but that ultimately will not matter in comparison to what Bereaver can do in terms of Melee DPS, WS Damage, and Total DPS.

Calculating against Delve Fodder, there's a 202.29 Total DPS difference between the two weapons, fully buffed, using mithra stats. And, ~33% of your WS Damage will be higher by using Bereaver/Reso instead of Dimmet/Entropy.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-07 12:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so i'm stuck with shopping for a Lacryma Sickle or the next delve megaboss scythe if I wanna be a stubborn scythe drk.
Since the tp phase damage+crits are so nice, I guess DEX > INT merits under all circumstance even for the hardcore entropy lovers?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-07 14:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-07 15:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize if I'm missing something, but why bother keeping that 'x-hit' set in the OP? It's more than 10% worse than the set I posted, regardless of subjob. I also threw it into a spreadsheet to double check, it's 637 accuracy using Elvaan stats + DEX merits.

Also, while I'm paying attention and remembering (even though it probably isn't relevant anymore), the set you have listed as '7-hit /WAR' is supposed to have a Phos+1, not a Goading Belt. That's been bugging me for months.

Last Resort up TP set:
ItemSet 307032

ItemSet 307033

Just a general question. How come the TP set only has 13% Haste?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2013-07-07 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste + marches = +43.75%
Last Resort (Desperate Blows) = +25%

80% is the cap for delay reduction. 80-68.75 = 11.25% haste needed in gear to cap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-07 15:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I suck when it comes to numbers.

In terms of my Reso set, its pretty much done, I got all the major pieces. My TP set could be improved though.

So I should use this for any time I got Haste Marches or LR down?

ItemSet 266489

Are there any other situational tp sets with newer gear?

I seem to be missing a few pieces from that fully buffed TP set above. I reckon Are's Flanchard +1 would be hard for me to obtain as I never do Salvage, would Phorcys be a suitable replace?
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-07-08 18:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Really depends on what weapon u using.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-07-08 18:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Resort up TP set:
ItemSet 307032

ItemSet 307033
Why that much stp on LR up set if u just want to 6hit? Wouldnt Ares hands +1 be better?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-08 18:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Bereaver. What would be some nice TP sets for LR up + Buffs and General TP?
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 206 207 208