(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 206 207 208
 Bismarck.Shirt
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: wik1
By Bismarck.Shirt 2013-06-04 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no salvage gear and still trying to obtain Ogiers gauntlets. Am I using a good set for what I have if:

Apoc/Rose/X/Hagneia
???/Mala/Bladeborn/Steelflash
Enif/Bale +2/Tyrants/Rajas
Atheling/Goading/Phorcys/???

Now head and feet, I can have double attack +3 in either, Bale +2 head or Phorcys Feet. But I need STP in one of them. Better to use Phorcys head with Phorcys Feet, or Bale head with Mikinaak feet? I could also Phorcys head Miki feet and windbuffet belt. At the moment, for aftermath, the only thing I see I can swap out is Hands for Phorcys.

At what time would giving up 2 Quad attack be good for X double attack? I would think in a perfect world of 100 attack rounds, it would take 4 double to equal the 2 quad.

Any advice on head feet combo would be greatly appreciated. Right now I use Phorcys head/feet since I'd think the subtle blow, -5pdt is better then bale/miki.
By Kyler 2013-06-04 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

4DA = 1 extra attack x 4 = 4

2QA = 3 extra attacks x2 = 6
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-04 16:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Shirt said: »
I have no salvage gear and still trying to obtain Ogiers gauntlets. Am I using a good set for what I have if:

Apoc/Rose/X/Hagneia
???/Mala/Bladeborn/Steelflash
Enif/Bale +2/Tyrants/Rajas
Atheling/Goading/Phorcys/???

Now head and feet, I can have double attack +3 in either, Bale +2 head or Phorcys Feet. But I need STP in one of them. Better to use Phorcys head with Phorcys Feet, or Bale head with Mikinaak feet? I could also Phorcys head Miki feet and windbuffet belt. At the moment, for aftermath, the only thing I see I can swap out is Hands for Phorcys.

At what time would giving up 2 Quad attack be good for X double attack? I would think in a perfect world of 100 attack rounds, it would take 4 double to equal the 2 quad.

Any advice on head feet combo would be greatly appreciated. Right now I use Phorcys head/feet since I'd think the subtle blow, -5pdt is better then bale/miki.

You have room for improvement but your set isn't bad if we consider it's one of your 3-4 main apoc tp sets. 4 QA gives 12 additional hits per 100 melee rounds you'd need DA +12 % to reach that.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-06-04 18:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question about 99 ragnarock just got mine, and working on it atm. >_<

Wiki it says it has a 14% crit hit rate, is that only after you use scourge or all the time?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-04 18:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

Wiki it says it has a 14% crit hit rate, is that only after you use scourge or all the time?

All the time, the aftermath for Scourge gives an additional 5% critical hit rate on top of that.

Only use Scourge for kill-shot trials though!
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-06-04 18:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

All the time, the aftermath for Scourge gives an additional 5% critical hit rate on top of that.

yay, I already hate this damn ws >_>. Looking forward to when I never have to use it again.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-04 18:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

yay, I already hate this damn ws >_>. Looking forward to when I never have to use it again.

It's still a pretty cool looking weapon skill though :)

[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-06-04 18:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it is, I fill kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when I use Reso, cause I just spin alot.
 Asura.Ryndo
Server: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-09 11:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you guys. Scourge looks amazing, It's just a shame it's apparently not that good of a WS...

Just going by word of mouth...

no real proof...

is it good?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-11 07:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

no

Skillchain Properties: Light/Fusion
Modifiers: MND:40% ; CHR:40%
Damage Multipliers by TP:
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
3.00 3.00 3.00

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scourge
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-13 17:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm noticing that Mikinaak is competitive with Phorcys Body for Resolution in Adoulin content, so I added a note for it in the Ragnarok/Caladbolg section.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-13 17:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If Scourge looks amazing, Resolution is the very hand of Odin crushing the opposition.

I'm sad I never played FFXI long enough to use it personally.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-13 18:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
If Scourge looks amazing, Resolution is the very hand of Odin crushing the opposition.

I'm sad I never played FFXI long enough to use it personally.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-06-15 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I looked through the usual threads, and still haven't seen what I'm looking for. Does anyone have an example of an "near Ideal" (assuming I have access to anything aside from delve mega boss gear) high acc tp build? I mean a build worthy of a delve boss. I can see a lot of options, and a lot of routes I can go, but I'm trying to find that one optimum build. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-16 12:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
So I looked through the usual threads, and still haven't seen what I'm looking for. Does anyone have an example of an "near Ideal" (assuming I have access to anything aside from delve mega boss gear) high acc tp build? I mean a build worthy of a delve boss. I can see a lot of options, and a lot of routes I can go, but I'm trying to find that one optimum build. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you.

This is what I most likely see as "top-tier" for ACC, assuming you're not trying to build an x-hit out of it and have upgraded Mikinaak. But with /SAM you'll mostly be 7-hitting anyway (unless swapping Dynamic with Goading, where otherwise you'll be approaching 6-hit territory)
ItemSet 282846

and yeah, Senbaak is a given, but for the most accessibility I would go with this
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-06-16 12:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Great. Thank you. Other question is what augment path do you recommend for the body and feet? I was thinking acc for feet, and I was initially thinking acc path for body as well, but on second glance, a capped out str/attk miki body could top Phorcys for WS couldn't it?

Edit: Also, while I do have mala, would Rioter's Collar be a good consideration for this particular build due to that additional acc??
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-16 13:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Great. Thank you. Other question is what augment path do you recommend for the body and feet? I was thinking acc for feet, and I was initially thinking acc path for body as well, but on second glance, a capped out str/attk miki body could top Phorcys for WS couldn't it?

Edit: Also, while I do have mala, would Rioter's Collar be a good consideration for this particular build due to that additional acc??
If anything, that piece looks like it would make a marginal difference. I'd stick with Mala for the multi-hit you can already add to your build while you've got food on
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-06-16 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback. This is very close to the set I was figuring. No access to yoyo head yet, so I'll probably just go miki head in that slot for the time being, and have to see where I'm at after that. I believe Motenten said for delve mega bosses you need some 630 acc before food or buffs? Anyway, thanks again.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-16 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Motenten said for delve mega bosses you need some 630 acc before food or buffs? Anyway, thanks again.
Gotcha, I'll have to look into that.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-06-17 15:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cloudie said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
I'm noticing that Mikinaak is competitive with Phorcys Body for Resolution in Adoulin content, so I added a note for it in the Ragnarok/Caladbolg section.

i noticed you mentioned in the post to make sure to pump it rank 10+,
take adoulin content - does it win over phorcys after 10+ or just comparable? i have the body for war, drk is top priority so want to know if i wanna throw in money on it

I get minikaak body winning on anything substantial in adoulin everytime over phorcy. Mine is rank 15 and it smashes phorcys especially if your acc starts going down. Given the acc requirements on the new mega bosses (I have experience with tojil now....) you need the acc.
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2013-06-21 01:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

need to update some of your gear sets with this piece rather then ace's leggings

edit: ace's leggings is easy to get, yes. but this piece isn't that hard to obtain and should probably be listed in the mid range sets.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-21 07:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Got bored and decided to look at the guide's gear sets.... why is there no /sam 5 hit build without aftermath listed in the hq sets? We should also try and pool together potential acc cap sets for delve mega bosses in the interest of the potential that strategies change when rme is updated

ItemSet 278006

my own 5 hit /sam, i know there's slightly better options with armada and ares +1

edit:
also for idle refresh, 4/5 ogiers + twilight body is a fair alternative for inventory space and ability to be obtained
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-21 07:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what i had just put together the day I couldn't log in:

ItemSet 305180

nvm.... just saw the last line of your post

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
my own 5 hit /sam, i know there's slightly better options with armada and ares +1
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-21 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cycerath said: »
need to update some of your gear sets with [mikinaak greaves] rather then ace's leggings

edit: ace's leggings is easy to get, yes. but this piece isn't that hard to obtain and should probably be listed in the mid range sets.
oh snap, just saw the Basic TP set still has Ace's >_>; fixed!

edit: went ahead and edited some of the other sets to use Mikinaak Feet as well. Yeah, Ace's Feet would still be an option for people just gearing up DRK before Delve-level, which is why I'm keeping them in the mid-range sets.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-30 21:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Added TP Sets for Delve, Minimum/Maximum ACC (you'll find these in the "Ragnarok/Caladbolg/Delve" section)
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-30 22:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Incredibly minor(and doubt it's a situation that would ever happen now) but under the /Sch part for subjobs, you list Alacrity as reducing MP cost when it's Parsimony that does that. I know the guide is meant to cover basically anything, but is there a reason for the fulugrante sets to exist at this point?
If someone already had the weapon before they came back to the game it would make sense, but no one is going to go make one of those now when bereaver is just a job change away.

Also wonder how Pak Corselet fits in with the lower end TP setups compared to Adaman and junk. Wasn't sure if it just wasn't worth using or if it was just skipped.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-30 22:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for pointing the Alacrity thing out, I'll fix that.

Yeah, I'll just put on a "DEFUNCT" label on the Fulgurante builds.

As for Pak Corselet, I'll have to figure that one out, since I've never bothered with it. But I suppose there's some kind of preferred build for it somewhere.
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-07-01 03:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I am missing something here, but can someone explain why in the delve high acc set:

ItemSet 306242

you use Zoran over Dynamic or Dynamic +1?

Is there a reason for going over haste cap for the 7 Dex over 10 or 11 acc?
(I know both these belts still put you over haste cap)

Forgive me for asking, its just because ffxiclopedia has that DEX = floor [5.25] acc for that dex if I'm following the formula correct.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-01 04:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kormak said: »
Sorry if I am missing something here, but can someone explain why in the delve high acc set:

ItemSet 306242

you use Zoran over Dynamic or Dynamic +1?

Is there a reason for going over haste cap for the 7 Dex over 10 or 11 acc?
(I know both these belts still put you over haste cap)

Forgive me for asking, its just because ffxiclopedia has that DEX = floor [5.25] acc for that dex if I'm following the formula correct.
5.25 ACC + 14 ATT > 11 ACC + 3 ATT

Since you're already going over the minimum, you might as well add some attack to some slots where the tradeoff is decent. There's really not too much you can do to trim the excess haste without sacrificing some additional stats though, especially since we're seeing more haste on new gear now.

For the most part, you want to have a minimum of 630 accuracy from gear + dex (which is why I also provided a minimum gear set) for Delve bosses like Tojil.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 206 207 208