Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Sword Art Online [spoilers]
Sword Art Online [spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13
By volkom 2012-10-07 01:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
So Sword Art Online has been an amazing series thus far. I want to admit though that SAO kinda steals some elements from the whole MMO coma thing from .hack// but definitely takes it a lot further with better plot/character development. I kinda of want to turn back time since its kinda funny how an anime of an MMORPG got me into the MMORPG community in the first place. I think animes such as .hack//(Insert Series Here) and SAO have probably depicted what we wish MMOs could be in the future or near future. Am I the only one who feels this way?
nope!
wish I'd made a relationship with a girl through the game and have it transfer to the real world.
but instead
I made some pretty cool friends from the game that I regularly keep in touch with. I like MMOs that have that nice community instead of the new ones that come out like GW2 or w/e. feels like when I play those games i'm constantly playing solo
 Odin.Morgish
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-10-07 02:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have quit ffxi but sure glad i came back to check the website this is one gem of a anime for sure just finished episode 14 truly there is another episode coming right?
By zoris 2012-10-07 02:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering there is a title given for the next episode after the ED theme, I would definitely hope that there would be another episode. XD
By Susanowa 2012-10-07 03:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see people love this series. I dont suppose anyone here know about chapter 16.5 in the light novel?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-10-07 03:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Susanowa said: »
Glad to see people love this series. I dont suppose anyone here know about chapter 16.5 in the light novel?
im pretty sure most of the people here do lol
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-10-07 04:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

man, i can't wait to see what happens D:

i was so bothered by how this last episode was going to finish >.>;, this story is truly original lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-10-07 09:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My only complaint is that it felt pretty rushed, they could have made it much longer arc, easily doubled the episodes, while giving more back story, not cutting out fights (Kirito vs Santa), etc.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-07 09:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
My only complaint is that it felt pretty rushed, they could have made it much longer arc, easily doubled the episodes, while giving more back story, not cutting out fights (Kirito vs Santa), etc.
I agree but theres a chance it could have been over milked and presented too much filler as well... Filler ruins Anime too much for me anymore to enjoy it. I do think they shouldn't have skipped so many floors and cut out fights.

This anime is by far the best thing to roll out in a LONG LONG LONG time (Minus Korra but it barely counts if at all).
 Quetzalcoatl.Liadeti
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nympha
By Quetzalcoatl.Liadeti 2012-10-07 09:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
So Sword Art Online has been an amazing series thus far. I want to admit though that SAO kinda steals some elements from the whole MMO coma thing from .hack// but definitely takes it a lot further with better plot/character development. I kinda of want to turn back time since its kinda funny how an anime of an MMORPG got me into the MMORPG community in the first place. I think animes such as .hack//(Insert Series Here) and SAO have probably depicted what we wish MMOs could be in the future or near future. Am I the only one who feels this way?

No. I have to admit that years ago, a friend with a cd full of jpop/anime songs made me curious about .hack, and then .hack got me curious enough to pick up a copy of ffxi. I've been playing off and on for the last five years now and everytime I step away from the game I still end up missing it enough to come back because it's been so much of what I'd imagined I'd want in a MMO after watching that show.

I like how SAO is more in depth in how it portrays the playerbase though. It gives it a more realistic feel than .hack had imo.

Siren.Calnus said: »
This anime is by far the best thing to roll out in a LONG LONG LONG time (Minus Korra but it barely counts if at all).

Meh, I don't consider Korra as an anime either. Not a bad show though, I liked it.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-07 10:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

I agree. While I watch/read plenty of anime/manga with no violence at all, if there are weapons or martial arts involved I'm disappointed if there aren't lengthy, well choreographed fight scenes. If there's the implication of action, I want to see it. Not to say I want pointlessly drawn-out sequences like many shonen works have, but I would like to have seen more than we got here.

As for the story, looking more into their personal lives would have been nice, but I guess we were supposed to feel as disconnected from the "real" world as the characters were, so I can kinda see why they didn't show us how their families and the authorities were dealing with things for instance. Still some occasional flashbacks to help us figure out why certain people were the way they were would have been nice.

I would have liked them to maybe show more of the questing/leveling experience (sans pointless grinding scenes). Maybe show us something of the NPCs whose lives Kirto deemed valuable enough not to sacrifice. I don't know that we got the best view of the world Kayaba was so eager to create.

I know I sound highly critical, but I really enjoyed the series so I'm not putting it down. In show business you're always supposed to leave the audience wanting more right? They certainly did that, and I look forward to seeing it!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-07 10:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dug up a bit on the second season, here is what I have so far:

There will be 11 more episodes and 3 episode names are known. Luna Haruna will perform the ending theme song "Overfly" for the anime's second season.

2012-10-1315.Return
Kikan
帰還
2012-10-2016.The Country of Fairies
Yōsei-tachi no Kuni
妖精たちの国
2012-10-2717.The Captive Queen
Toraware no Joō
囚われの女王
2012-11-03
2012-11-10
2012-11-17
2012-11-24
2012-12-01
2012-12-08
2012-12-15
2012-12-22

They are planning this perfectly... right before Christmas.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-07 11:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My review of the first arc: warning, long; spoiler intensive. And while I feel this was a great anime, this review is meant to be a constructive criticism, to explain where I think it could have been strengthened, not to knock it down.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-10-07 11:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by the original work Liz and Sillica were added after the fact, mostly due to the fact that SAO was originally written for a novel contest however being too long was instead posted online.

The brevity of the SAO arc of the exsisting story is due soley to that, he latter added Liz, Sillica and Yui as side stories, to elaborate they did flesh out a bit more then even the novel included, the whole floor 1 boss episode not canon along with the whole murder mystery.

Not to disagree however there were plenty of opportunities to expand on the SAO story based on events that were hinted at such as the suppression of the PK guilds.

Its almost a bit sad that the original work was created for the contest and not made from scratch with the intent to publish because i'm pretty certain SAO would have extended to floor 100 and detailed more then just a few key events and even developed the supporting characters.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-07 15:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, it explains a lot. I still think there could benefit from some addition (anime writers are often given a little leeway), and that makes it doubly confusing why Lizbeth and Sillica are shown in the opening theme.

But that does help explain why the story ended where it did.

And yeah the PK/murder/army guilds kept popping up but never amounted to much, I'd be interested in learning a little more about them.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-10-07 15:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
My review of the first arc: warning, long; spoiler intensive. And while I feel this was a great anime, this review is meant to be a constructive criticism, to explain where I think it could have been strengthened, not to knock it down.

I think most of what you said in your analysis gets added into later episodes. If you read into the novels most of the stuff gets explained, but yes this story definitely revolves around Kirigaya Kazuto and Yuuki Asuna.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-07 16:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine, I just wish the writers expanded it a little bit earlier. I'm looking forward to see what happens.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-07 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding on to what Kalilla said:
Opening theme for season two is "Innocence" by Aoi Eir.

Preview of the opening and closing.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-07 18:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy Dance!! :O
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-10-07 18:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant say for certain because i haven't made it very far (just hit volume 4) but Yui at least is part of the follow on story line, means liz and sillica aren't exactly out of the picture for sure, the side stories were by the author, what i had meant as not canon was only the floor 1 episodes (boss prep) and the murder mystery ones.

Edit: Also thanks for posting a theme teaser now i have to go look them up and listen >.<

Re-Edit: NOOOO I CAN'T FIND THEM T.T
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-07 19:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently uploading the actual book novels on my website, I'll post the links to all the novels and side stories for people to read in a PDF format soon. I think that's better than reading off the wiki anyways.

I'm not sure what one is the better translation, so that would be up to the user to choose which they would like to read so I'll still provide both links.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-07 19:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kalilla!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-07 20:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, I got caught up watching the new episode of Bakuman.

Here they are! :o

Sword Art Online Volume 1 - Aincrad + Extra
Sword Art Online Volume 2 - Aincrad
Sword Art Online Volume 3 - Fairy Dance
Sword Art Online Volume 4 - Fairy Dance
Sword Art Online Volume 5 - Phantom Bullet
Sword Art Online Volume 6 - Phantom Bullet
Sword Art Online Volume 7 - Mothers Rosario
Sword Art Online Volume 8 - Early and Late
Sword Art Online Volume 9 - Alicization Beginning

Sword Art Online - Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer (Aincrad 48th Floor August 2024)
Sword Art Online Gaiden X2 - There is but One Ultimate Way (Alicization spoilers)
Sword Art Online Material Edition Compilation
Sword Art Online Progressive - Aria in the Starless Night (Aincrad 1st Floor, December 2022)
Sword Art Online Versus - (Accel World crossover)

I'll update the OP later! Busy watching stuff atm D:
[+]
By volkom 2012-10-07 23:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you changed my life by introducing me to this awesome series
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-07 23:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me a bit mad that this show is this short.I want to see more of this show and its story.I feel so much like this is a world i could live in and that i see a part of what i have done on ffxi in this show in my own way.

Are they keeping the main character and main cast when season two comes out.

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
man, i can't wait to see what happens D:

i was so bothered by how this last episode was going to finish >.>;, this story is truly original lol.
I am so with u on this it is not even funny.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-10-08 00:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So far the only reoccurring characters for the novel are Yui, Asuna, Kazuto (Kirito), Suguha (Kazuto's sister/cousin, this time she is actually part of the story instead of a referenced character) and Agil
By Chimerawizard 2012-10-08 08:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, our grandchildren are gonna love MMO's to death. I know once the technology is made for this; some JP will make sure to make the series into a game. Hell, he'll probably name it the same too.

It also makes me wish we had that level of tech right now. (and we'd all be playing that instead of ffxi)

I hope the author is contracted to make a far more lengthy novel series and subsequently anime series based on his original works. That light novel crap is far too short.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-10-08 08:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Already a game in the works, think some one linked to an article on it earlier in this thread, its .hack// style where the setting is a single player game in an MMO, also its a non-canon story line chronicling SAO floor 75+ if i read the article right, you get to play a kirito and are not limited to 1h swords or the dual sword style either, hopefully they do a good job of recreating SAO elements, either way if it hits states side totally playing it.

Also putting into context loving MMO's to death considering SAO might be a bit more literal then you intended!~
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2012-10-08 10:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So far the only thing I don't agree with is the character names... If they really wanted to base it on MMO's, throw a few sephiroth/sefiroth/xxsephirothxx and cloud variations in it =P
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-08 10:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Man, our grandchildren are gonna love MMO's to death. I know once the technology is made for this; some JP will make sure to make the series into a game. Hell, he'll probably name it the same too.

It also makes me wish we had that level of tech right now. (and we'd all be playing that instead of ffxi)

I hope the author is contracted to make a far more lengthy novel series and subsequently anime series based on his original works. That light novel crap is far too short.
Not just instead of ffxi but instead of life we would be playing that game i know i would.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13