First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 29 30 31
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-29 17:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Would make UL and the new 2hr totally interesting and useful.
*Drool* Don't tease us so!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-29 17:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzen
Amatsu: Tsukikage

Monoceros
Damsel Memento

Moogle
Crystalline Flare

Statue
Seismostomp
By Avitori 2012-10-29 17:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they added all that I'd probably main Blue Mage, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like the job that much
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-29 18:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
*Drool* Don't tease us so!

good spells.. keep dreaming... how many are "useful" now?Bloodrake ?...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-29 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Tenzen

I think sams would be a mite bit pissed if we stole Tenzen from them lol. I like that move though, it reminds me of FFT style Sam WS's, at least the cosmic elucidation part of it anyway.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-29 18:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Tenzen

I think sams would be a mite bit pissed if we stole Tenzen from them lol.
SAM uses WS, 6000 dmg!

BLU uses Tsukikage, kills the whole pt and every monster in the area.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2012-10-31 09:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Prothscar's list is bang on. A list like that would actually allow for interesting combos during SP2 and make choosing just one during UL far more deliberating ("with so many good skills, I can only choose one..."). Seems fairly balanced as well, with no buffs being fulltime-able and any offensive skill only being the best on differing targets.

I could only hope that SE takes a list like this seriously.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-31 13:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

10-31-2012 01:33 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello,

Thank you for all the feedback, everyone! I would like to share some information that we received from Development Team:

Sylph.Fazira said: »
Here's a question to Camate and Co. Will DRK's TP drain work even if your attacks deal 0 damage, due to a physical shield or something like that?.

Because the absorbed amount of TP is not based on damage, so as long as you hit, even if the damage is 0, the ability will still absorb TP. To find out how much TP and in what cases, please try it out on the test server and let us know your feedback.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'd recommend making the White Mage 2-hour give immunity to Charm, Petrify, Death, Terror, and Dispel. It should last for 2 minutes.

We will be adding Dispel to the list of resists.
Whether we expand out to other status ailments depends on our discussions, so it would be really appreciated if you can let us know the specifics of why having a certain resistance would be good while keeping balance in mind so we can look into this. Of course having resistance against everything would be beneficial, but it's not the best course to just ignore how this will affect everything else.

While we can't go over every comment/question because the SP ability adjustments are still in progress, we are still reviewing your feedback and taking them into consideration so please keep them coming!
Subscribe
By Aeyela 2012-10-31 13:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello,

Thank you for all the feedback, everyone! I would like to share some information that we received from Development Team:

Here's a question to Camate and Co. Will DRK's TP drain work even if your attacks deal 0 damage, due to a physical shield or something like that?.

Because the absorbed amount of TP is not based on damage, so as long as you hit, even if the damage is 0, the ability will still absorb TP. To find out how much TP and in what cases, please try it out on the test server and let us know your feedback.

I'd recommend making the White Mage 2-hour give immunity to Charm, Petrify, Death, Terror, and Dispel. It should last for 2 minutes.

Whether we expand out to other status ailments depends on our discussions, so it would be really appreciated if you can let us know the specifics of why having a certain resistance would be good while keeping balance in mind so we can look into this. Of course having resistance against everything would be beneficial, but it's not the best course to just ignore how this will affect everything else.

While we can't go over every comment/question because the SP ability adjustments are still in progress, we are still reviewing your feedback and taking them into consideration so please keep them coming!
Subscribe

Primeval brew doesn't stop us getting charmed. I don't think they're going to add it to that ability, sadly. :(
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-31 13:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Devs should just hire Byrth as a "Balance consultant".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-10-31 14:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mefuki said: »
Prothscar's list is bang on. A list like that would actually allow for interesting combos during SP2 and make choosing just one during UL far more deliberating ("with so many good skills, I can only choose one..."). Seems fairly balanced as well, with no buffs being fulltime-able and any offensive skill only being the best on differing targets. I could only hope that SE takes a list like this seriously.

Would actually make the ability useful and something I count the seconds towards my next cooldown, as opposed to "oh hey UL is up, guess I can Bilgestorm real quick to pump up the WAR/SAM/DRK's epeen #'s."
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-31 14:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They should add a resistance to death if not a full immunity. If they`re dead set on letting mobs dish out instant death moves when they feel like it we should at least have a chance of resisting it.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-10-31 14:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello,

Subscribe

Primeval brew doesn't stop us getting charmed. I don't think they're going to add it to that ability, sadly. :(

Perfect defense does . . . so why not WHM SP ability? WHM SP ability should grant immunity to everything perfect defense does + more, otherwise what's the point. I would obviously prefer immunity to damage + status effects over just immunity to status effects.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-31 14:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it based off your healing magic skill, at certain levels you gain a new immunity to a specific status ailment.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-07 12:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

11-07-2012 6:55 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the New SP Abilities

This is a follow-up regarding some of the new SP abilities.

• Warrior
    Currently, the new WAR SP sets the double attack rate to 100%. This will be changed so that it instead adds 100% to the double attack rate. The ability will also be adjusted so that this +100% double attack rate decays over time.

However, you will be able to maintain at high double attack rate by utilizing Double Attack effects, equipment, and traits. The effect duration will remain 30 seconds.

Note that while the test server will be updated this week, the new WAR SP will not be changed at this time.

• White Mage
    Since the previous announcement, we are considering the following two items:

1. Leave the effect as is, and increase the duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
    2. Keep the duration at 30 seconds and add a strong resistance against doom, terror, amnesia, and death.

• Black Mage
    The effects of the new BLM SP ability will be limited to elemental magic, and we will reduce the occurrence of resists.

For monsters that are highly resistant to certain spells, a half resist always occurs. If a monster resists further from there (twice total) a quarter resist will occur. During the SP ability, the number of resists will be reduced by 1, to increase potential damage output.

Note that while the test server will be updated this week, the new BLM SP will not be changed at this time.

The remainder of this post is about the new SP abilities which will be introduced to the test server this week. In this week's test server update, we will introduce the following SP abilities. Please check them out after the test server is updated.

• Bard (BRD SP2)
    For the duration of the effect, one additional song can be applied to party members.

{{Addendum post: They are checking into whether the effect works correctly with Daurdabla to allow the application of five songs, it may not currently, but they will follow-up tomorrow.}}

• Ranger (RNG SP2)
    For the duration of the effect, ranged attack delay is cut by half. Furthermore, a double or triple shot will always occur.

• Dragoon (DRG SP2)
    For the duration of the effect, "Jump" will have no recast.

Note that the help messages for ability effects and ability names are in a temporary state and will be changed in the future. Additionally, the effects of the SP abilities are subject to changes or adjustments.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-11-07 12:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost choked on my burrito reading that dragoon one, thnx :x
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-07 12:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically with all these buffs, 2hrs are now mainstream in every strategy from here on out akin to elite skills in other MMOs.

5 songs with BRD 2hr and Daub99? Mother of God...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-07 12:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumps spam!
By volkom 2012-11-07 12:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Jumps spam!

[+]
By Drjones 2012-11-07 12:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlimited jumps, holy ***!
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-11-07 12:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, dear god, DRG is gonna tear shizz up
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-07 12:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That jump spam sounds nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-11-07 12:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryunohige AM3 DRG using their new SP... dear god.
 Bahamut.Loziel
Server: Bahamut
user: Loziel
By Bahamut.Loziel 2012-11-07 12:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YES!
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-07 12:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a pretty cool post until I read the DRG one. Then it just became EPIC ._.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-07 12:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about that blm one..
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-07 12:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though they think PD and embrava are broken with the new recasts they are going to give us drgs a way to get 100tp in 2-3 jumps. Its nice but insane.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-11-07 12:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not goin to lie. This kinda makes me want to unretier my DRG. :x
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-07 12:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, these abilities aren't finalized.

They can change at any time between the test server and the official version update.

Just be prepared for adjustments is all.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-07 12:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You know how they react if you show too much enthusiasm for an update.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 29 30 31