Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 22:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Siren.Nodem said: »
I would hope you can just teleport there.

We didn't have direct teleport to Whitegate right out of the box. So I'm assuming we won't to the new continent either.

Well in 2013 you would hope that SE wouldn't care about what they have done in the past and try to make it as less of a hassle as possible to enjoy the new content.
The ride is part of the enjoyment!
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-23 22:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
It had better be a ship ride at first. A simple teleport will be stupidly anti-climactic. It eventually should change to teleportation once you've done a quest, but at first I want to feel like I'm travelling a large distance.
yea same here. i loved the first boat ride to WG, made ya feel like you realy where departing on a new adventure
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 22:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The airships land in water all the friggin time in Bastok. Who's to say the port in the new city is for boats only? Airships can easily dock there, also giving a long long long airship ride there, would give players "fights on airships" they so desperately want.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-23 22:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in 2013 you would hope that SE wouldn't care about what they have done in the past and try to make it as less of a hassle as possible to enjoy the new content.

It boils down to implementation.

An airship ride with monsters attacking the ship dropping supplies for the eventual building efforts? Awesome.
A standard 15-30min ferry ride with nothing of importance going on? Boring.
By Ophannus 2012-06-23 22:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember before WoTG came out I caught on to the "S" naming convention of the Signet/Sanction thing and predicted Sigil, so we got Red/blue/green Signet/Sanction/Sigil. Inb4 the new region has a yellow one Sign/Signia/Seal?
By zizek 2012-06-23 22:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i was thinking the unused port in Norg
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-23 22:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

this music is awesome >.>;

where can i get this ***lol.

(could just be overreacting from nostolgia tbh; haven't played the game with music on in years lol)

though still want D:
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
Server: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-23 22:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

An airship ride with monsters attacking the ship dropping supplies for the eventual building efforts? Awesome.

Did you not enjoy the TOAU ferry ride with all the whales and stuff, and new mobs flying over head?

I just loved the aesthetics of it, you felt you were venturing into foreign lands.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-06-23 22:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They love playing Voyager, it's like the theme of this year's vana'fest. We might be going to Adoulin by boat, though the art shows lots of airships and the stage has airship wall cannons on the scaffolding.
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2012-06-23 22:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love high quality arrangements of the soundtrack. The synthesized music got stale after the first five years, lol
[+]
 Siren.Nodem
Server: Siren
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 22:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you not enjoy the TOAU ferry ride with all the whales and stuff, and new mobs flying over head?

The Ferry between Whitegate and Nashmau still makes me jumps sometimes when those black birds with their beedy red eyes fly by squaking. It makes you jump and enjoy the full effect they put into the game.
I just loved the aesthetics of it, you felt you were venturing into foreign lands.
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2012-06-23 22:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The boat ride to Whitegate was awesome, it'd be really sad if they didn't do something similar. Looking at the scenery, the things in the water, everyone getting excited over Apkallus... It builds the excitement!
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-06-23 22:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt Norg since Norg is closer to the East if anything(they trade with the Fareast and Norg is in the southeastern most part of the middlelands and is closer to Aht urghan/Eastern Empire) Also I doubt they'd put the ferry to an expansion area in another ezpansion's area(100% of the time it was in a basic city)
 Bahamut.Airget
Server: Bahamut
user: Airget
By Bahamut.Airget 2012-06-23 22:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar said: »
Siren.Nodem said: »
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Looks like a recording of yesterday.

It is the recording from yesterday!
I am dissapoint. But Nobou Uematsu later!!

It just looks like it's the same song list, if you look at the pianist back he has a wire sticking out that's pretty obvious to see. If you look at the recording last night though he doesn't have a wire there lol. Which is a pity I was hoping they would play a different set XD.
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-23 22:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nephriel said: »
The boat ride to Whitegate was awesome, it'd be really sad if they didn't do something similar. Looking at the scenery, the things in the water, everyone getting excited over Apkallus... It builds the excitement!

Ayup.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-23 22:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DAT KEYTAR
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 22:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also consider that the quality of their animation/cutscene procedures since the beginning of ToAU has improved dramatically. I expect that the entire expansion will be amazing to look at, and I would be pretty disappoint if there wasn't a boat or airship ride.
[+]
By zizek 2012-06-23 22:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

when they did that teaser for geomancer in yutunga i was almost sure of it but now i have doubts about that...
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-23 22:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So people... Will there be another expansion pack in the future or do you think this is the finale for FFXI? I'm torn on the subject myself.

It'll probably be based on how well the sales go.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-06-23 22:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i think it'll be hard for them to do full on expansion packs like this in the future, but i wouldn't be surprised. not many MMO's are still going as strong as ffxi after 10years of being up.
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2012-06-23 22:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'd say boat is very likely.. You mention they keep playing/using Voyager.. And during the Dev Talks if anyone noticed the stage background is the inside of a ship.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-23 22:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall my first ferry to Aht having so many people that I lagged my way into port. Ferries are largely devoid of anything to do and much like the original airships, you pretty much get to AFK or stare at a small enclosed area. It's pretty boring once you spot the details or see cool things like an Apkallu jump on deck.

What I'm trying to get at is this new world is supposed to be dangerous and largely uncharted. What better way to welcome groups of adventurers than fighting your way to this mysterious place? Nothing like watching a boat dock and seeing droves of level 99 "badasses" wiped out by monsters and being raised by mages on shore.

Helluva way to introduce some new areas and encourage group exploration.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2012-06-23 22:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd expect a little storyline before actually going on to the new land.
 Phoenix.Lyali
Server: Phoenix
user: Lyali
By Phoenix.Lyali 2012-06-23 22:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I wasn't expecting them to make this one so who knows.
[+]
By Dantedmc 2012-06-23 22:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I want the boat ride to randomly break out into a battle. Not like a sea horror spawn or pirates, but rather a giant monster like sin, complete with the boat shaking and everything.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-23 22:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall my first ferry to Aht having so many people that I lagged my way into port. Ferries are largely devoid of anything to do and much like the original airships, you pretty much get to AFK or stare at a small enclosed area. It's pretty boring once you spot the details or see cool things like an Apkallu jump on deck.

What I'm trying to get at is this new world is supposed to be dangerous and largely uncharted. What better way to welcome groups of adventurers than fighting your way to this mysterious place? Nothing like watching a boat dock and seeing droves of level 99 "badasses" wiped out by monsters and being raised by mages on shore.

Helluva way to introduce some new areas and encourage group exploration.
Oh my god I want this to happen. XD

Slaughtered on board, unable to reraise until you reach the shore where NPCs cast Raise on you. You stumble into the new civilization weakened and knowing even stronger horrors await you inland.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-23 22:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

eh if not a battle or a sceanic ride, they could allways make the first ride some bad *** CS where ya ship gets torn apart or something by a mob and ya wake up washed ashore in the new land.
[+]
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2012-06-23 22:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bassclef said: »
I would love high quality arrangements of the soundtrack. The synthesized music got stale after the first five years, lol

Did you ever listen to the Star Onions' albums? Selections of XI's music re-arranged by Mizuta himself for live instruments and performed by him, Tanioka, and some other SE musicians.

Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-23 22:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still curious how the whole reclamation aspect of the new expansion will play out. If the reclamation is permanent seems like the expansion will become less interesting pretty fast.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-06-23 22:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe SE believe the whole Maiyan thing and are just shoving a full blown expansion in our faces because they're sure the world is ending in 2012.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 90 91 92