First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 224 225 226
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-03-14 00:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-14 00:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Celebrating my 200th death, against mighty worthy oppenents I might add. I defeated them both before they gave me my 201st :)

At least it wasn't me falling off the edge xD

Kali's Death Log: @203 Deaths Total Souls Lost: ~115,000
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-14 00:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyrerus said: »
I KNOW RIGHT, D and I both agree.
 Asura.Floorboss
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2014-03-14 00:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kalila Hey a friend told me that DS is a great game and better than any ff game. My question is that I like ff games and games like dragon age where you can equip different gear does this happen on this game. Only reason I ask is that he is no longer on live.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-14 00:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floorboss said: »
@Kalila Hey a friend told me that DS is a great game and better than any ff game. My question is that I like ff games and games like dragon age where you can equip different gear does this happen on this game. Only reason I ask is that he is no longer on live.
Dark Souls is a classic old school RPG themed game.

Each piece of gear you wear has it's own unique design, hand modeled and rather artistic at times, and is represented on your own character.

The game is no hack and slash, it's very raw in it's core. You fight for your survival, no hand holding, and you have to be aware of any visual clues before it you die from your own carelessness.

The game gives you no breaks. You have to learn your own pace and never rush, or else you'll pay for it. If you die you have a very limited second chance of recovering your souls and humanity, but if you die before you reach them, they are gone forever.

That may sound masochistic, and perhaps it is, but the feeling the game invokes in your soul is pure satisfaction of overcoming something you might have once thought you stand no chance against. It's rare for a game to give you the feeling that Dark Souls can give, if you give it a chance. Most players will put the game down after a few hours because they feel the game is too difficult, or imbalanced, but that isn't true. Dark souls is incredibly balanced as long as you respect the system and keep yourself balanced with the content.

It's not the prettiest game, though I will point out that there are some very beautiful areas in the game even if the engine isn't top of the line.

The battle mechanics and flow is so smooth, ignoring lag in PvP of course. The feeling of holding up your shield and dodging waiting for an opportunity to attack your opponent, is so much better than just a simple hack and slash.

The music is powerful and very lovely, fitting very well for each area, and the sequel has some amazing pieces as well.

Give it a chance, DS1 is a cheap game now, you won't lose much if you buy it, but if you give it a chance you'll be rewarded with an amazing gaming experience.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 00:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Most players will put the game down after a few hours because they feel the game is too difficult, or imbalanced, but that isn't true. Dark souls is incredibly balanced as long as you respect the system and keep yourself balanced with the content.

This couldn't have been said any better. Demon/Dark Souls seems near impossible at times for new comers but as Kali said the feeling of accomplishment for defeating something you immediately thought was impossible is what drives you to keep going and furthering your skills. You may not even notice how much you change over the course of your first play through until you start your second and realize sections and enemies you once died 20+ times to are much simpler. It's not because the game is any easier, you just learned how to properly defend, attack, dodge and read situations better. It will make you rage many times, but the games are all definitely worth it!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-03-14 01:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill boss with a sliver of health left...

... mob waiting outside breezes in and finishes me off.

Oh, game.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 01:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 02:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*** auto correct
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 02:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 02:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-03-14 02:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: And I've been using the Craftsman Hammer since I got it, it's pretty decent I think.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 02:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah somehow I managed to jump into that area of the game as like my third area lol.

No wonder it was a pain in the ***.. Had to go so much slower than all the other areas.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-03-14 02:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-03-14 02:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah somehow I managed to jump into that area of the game as like my third area lol.

No wonder it was a pain in the ***.. Had to go so much slower than all the other areas.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 03:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aha! Found the area I missed. Can go to those other places now.

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 11:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, I need my max load to be around 71 so I can wear a superior set of armor and stay under 70% load.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-14 11:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, I need my max load to be around 71 so I can wear a superior set of armor and stay under 70% load.
Ummmmmm
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-14 11:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I finally lost some souls. Around 250k at once ; ; Knew I should have stopped exploring and went and leveled up. And of all things that made me lose them, I lose them by trying to run back and missing a bridge, falling to my death.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 11:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-14 11:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I finally lost some souls. Around 250k at once ; ; Knew I should have stopped exploring and went and leveled up. And of all things that made me lose them, I lose them by trying to run back and missing a bridge, falling to my death.
The story of every soul lost in Dark Souls :3

well, almost
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 12:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gilus
Server: Fenrir
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2014-03-14 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 13:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2014-03-14 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gilus
Server: Fenrir
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2014-03-14 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
I found that ring as well, but thought it would break after one use. Thanks for the info :D
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 14:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally *** beat that ***. Took me having to farm as Effigy and summon 2 other people and we still barely won. 1 of them died.

Phoenix.Erics said: »
I have this actually. Does it damage you also? I never used it cause I didnt want it damaging me.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2014-03-14 14:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

nope just bad guys its random when it happens but i put rate at 25-30% but sometimes back to back
edit:just killed a guy who had me on the ropes with it from behind out of 40+ invasions so far ive only lost once due to attempting a jumping attack off a ledge and paying for it hard.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-03-14 14:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floorboss said: »

It really depend on your taste, however you can't really compare DS with FF, they're very different. If you come in expecting a FF game you may or may not be disappointed.

I generally have no issue playing harder RPG, but I belong to the group of player putting down DS after a few hour, the main reason is not because of the difficulty, but the fact that every time I die in the boss battle and retry I'd have to go through a pretty long walk killing fodders just to retry the same boss. I can tolerate dying to a boss 10 times and retry over and over again until I beat it, but I can't really tolerate going through tons of fodders, all pop on same spot every time I travel past them. It's just the way I play video games, I don't like to re-play a portion of a game I already beat unless the experience is new. Replaying same room or corridor with same mob sitting in the same corner for 10+ times just isn't my cup of tea.

However, DS has an interesting world to explore, with interesting game mechanics. It doesn't hurt to give a try, just don't come in and have wrong expectation like I did. It's very, very different from FF, Dragon Age, Skyrim(I never understand why I see people compare DS to skyrim, they're so different). It's probably very, very different from everything else you've played.
[+]
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-14 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gilus said: »

Regarding Large Titanite Shards
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 224 225 226