Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 224 225 226
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Piccollo 2014-01-26 09:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

no im on 360 currently im currently playing my 360 through my xbox one (which is nice) fingers crossed ds2 comes out on the one and ps4 but if not ill get it on 360.

when the above is gameplay and its now last gen it makes me realize this coming generation of consoles is going to be absolutely amazing ^^
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-28 02:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-28 03:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls History
http://i.imgur.com/fjKP3jv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/I24HHpV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NyvahSX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QmaBqUy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hbyT0y2.jpg

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 04:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

http://soundcloud.com/roetaka/demons-souls-epitaph-for

http://soundcloud.com/roetaka/dark-souls-e-s-gwyn

http://soundcloud.com/roetaka/dark-souls-the-fall-of
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-29 07:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been playing this every now and then and dying a lot, is that normal? Went to the undead borg and fought something on a bridge that ended up falling to it's death off the bridge when I had almost killed it.

I wonder, is there a way to gauge the relative strength of the enemies you come across? Sometimes I wonder across enemies that destroy me with little effort.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-01-29 07:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much everything can destroy you with little effort even when you get stronger. It's more about knowing the best ways to approach enemies, for example the dregs (Basic zombie like mobs) move slowly but if you take a hit from one you will probably take several and can prove problematic if you are surrounded by them. So for them you want to either hit them fast and hard, thin their numbers or straight up kill all with a ranged weapon or wait for them to attack and then dodge/block/parry > attack. As a second example the spear wielding knights you can either bait them into attacking you and dodge > attack like the dregs or two hand your weapon to break their guard.

It is normal to die a lot but as your knowledge grows you can clear the game without leveling up once.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 07:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So I've been playing this every now and then and dying a lot, is that normal? Went to the undead borg and fought something on a bridge that ended up falling to it's death off the bridge when I had almost killed it.

I wonder, is there a way to gauge the relative strength of the enemies you come across? Sometimes I wonder across enemies that destroy me with little effort.
The four killers in Dark Souls are:
  • Inexperience

• Intimidation

• Impatience

• Unexpectedness

Inexperience will kill you most of the time during your first few hours of playing. You're still learning the mechanics of the game and you're being challenged with multiple enemies at once who can swarm you if you deal with a situation poorly.

Intimidation is a great part of this game, where you think you have no chance against a great foe who destroys both you and your hope in the process. The challenge is to overcome this intimidation, learn the moveset of the enemy, and find the opportunities to attack so you can overcome the challenge.

Impatience kills a lot of more experienced players, they might have just made a mistake and died, then they try to rush back to where they were to recover their souls but in the process of rushing they make an even greater mistake and die on the way back, losing their souls and humanity they had saved up.

Unexpectedness can kill you in various ways. Maybe you didn't notice the signs of a trap coming up and you die from it, or maybe you're unaware of a ledge behind you while you're focused on an enemy and you roll/fall off the edge in the process.

Death is a part of Dark Souls we must all accept and learn from, but the key to a death is to know why you died, but more importantly how you can prevent it in the future. If you fail to learn from your mistakes, you're bound to repeat them again in the future.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-01-29 08:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
  • Inexperience

• Intimidation

• Impatience

• Unexpectedness

Inexperience will kill you most of the time during your first few hours of playing. You're still learning the mechanics of the game and you're being challenged with multiple enemies at once who can swarm you if you deal with a situation poorly.

Intimidation is a great part of this game, where you think you have no chance against a great foe who destroys both you and your hope in the process. The challenge is to overcome this intimidation, learn the moveset of the enemy, and find the opportunities to attack so you can overcome the challenge.

Impatience kills a lot of more experienced players, they might have just made a mistake and died, then they try to rush back to where they were to recover their souls but in the process of rushing they make an even greater mistake and die on the way back, losing their souls and humanity they had saved up.

Unexpectedness can kill you in various ways. Maybe you didn't notice the signs of a trap coming up and you die from it, or maybe you're unaware of a ledge behind you while you're focused on an enemy and you roll/fall off the edge in the process.

Death is a part of Dark Souls we must all accept and learn from, but the key to a death is to know why you died, but more importantly how you can prevent it in the future. If you fail to learn from your mistakes, you're bound to repeat them again in the future.
Well thought-out.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-29 16:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that was a cheap way to get souls, go up some stairs, trigger a dragon to breathe fire, get 500 souls from the enemies that get burned alive. Not gonna exploit it or anything, was just kinda funny.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-29 16:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

***, someone invaded my game and killed me, there goes my humanity.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 16:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the dragon killing enemies is a semi-popular farming method early game, I personally don't bother since it's much much easier to farm souls once you defeat the Undead Parish boss and use the souls earned from it to buy the 20,000 soul key sold by the blacksmith.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-29 16:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'll have to try that at some point.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-29 17:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

• The four kings

you forgot the 5th point.

the 4 kings X_x

srs, how the *** do i beat this boss? beatrice does nothing lol.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 17:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

• The four kings

you forgot the 5th point.

the 4 kings X_x

It's a DPS race

Make sure you're weapon is upgraded as much as you can, and make sure it's a good weapon to deal out dmg quickly.

That also means you have to avoid attacks while dealing damage... or... stack poise and tank the hits while you go at them.

Basically the easiest way to do it is to get as much poise as you can get and just attack them as they pop.

Dark Souls 38 - BOSS - Four Kings - King's Men Challenge [HD]
YouTube Video Placeholder

Dark Souls - Four Kings Party

First video ENB will go into some details about the fight, and the 2nd video is a dodging video against all 4 at once.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-29 17:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Use magic resist gear. All damage done by the Four Kings is magical. Making any sort of physical resistance useless. The single greatest enhancement will be using the Crest Shield over any other option.

They are weak to fire, lightning, magic, and divine gets it's damage bonus against them. Though fire is your best bet (their absolute weakest resistance).

For strategy, I can't offer much...

I typically just run in at the first one, roll passed his initial attack to get to his side/behind him, and just unload. When he starts to turn to attack me, I just roll again. Or if he does his AoE attack/grab I just roll through him directly instead of to the side.

Simply rinse and repeat until they die. Found myself killing them faster than they spawned in my last playthrough and actually having to wait a decent amount of time between each one.

Though that was with DB+3 on a Zwei+15, and then Sunlight Blade once DB ran out. (Ran out while waiting for third one to spawn)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-29 18:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm using +15 claymore :S though i have like no stats added in str/dex because i maxed out vit/end first T_T
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm using +15 claymore :S though i have like no stats added in str/dex because i maxed out vit/end first T_T
Try using pine resin, but yea, since your endurance is high I would recommend you stack your poise as much as you can.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-29 18:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go at them with a Divine Zweihander +6~ or so and spam Estus as necessary using high poise armor >.> Haven't fought them in forever though.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-29 18:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also guess you could pop on Great Magic Barrier if you're able to use it :o
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2014-01-29 18:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Use power within as well if you have that it'll help. Also summoning beatrice makes the fight harder imo gives them more HP and she does f all.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-29 18:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the dragon killing enemies is a semi-popular farming method early game, I personally don't bother since it's much much easier to farm souls once you defeat the Undead Parish boss and use the souls earned from it to buy the 20,000 soul key sold by the blacksmith.
Personally I like to just farm the humanity's in both those areas by killing my way from the bottom to the church and then back out. I did the Dragon thing the first time I played though, but honestly I always like dual farming souls/items instead of just souls. Like Green Titanite and Large Titanite from leeches in Blighttown. I set a titanite shard goal, usually about 50~75 of each, and then hop to it. By the time I get that amount, I've usually farmed about 70~100k souls as well. Takes my mind off things.

Also on my first playthrough I really loved farming Chaos demons before that golden gate. I had the BK Gsword, and got bonus souls on about half the demons/ones I could setup for a plunge.

>.> I like making my farming fun!

<_< Easiest and fastest I've found though, is the gloopy spear throwing thingies in the Painted World. It's like 500k souls an hour in even just NG, if you don't get bored by it. I get bored around 300k though... >.>
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 18:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea lol, run in and chaos fire storm 1 hit kills all of them.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-29 18:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea lol, run in and chaos fire storm 1 hit kills all of them.
Or Wrath of The Gods! <3
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-29 18:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Very crude demonstration of basically how I've beaten them every time I have fought them. Just don't use the gear this guy is using, and stick to your weapon you are currently using. Just use some charcoal pine resin on it.

Just watch your timing. As I've said before, timing is everything in this game.

Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-29 18:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i should mention, i'm doing this playthrough with no spells, i unlocked a couple just to play around with them, but no spells are skilled up and don't use in real fights.

I'll try stacking magic resist and heavier armor :S
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-29 18:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i should mention, i'm doing this playthrough with no spells, i unlocked a couple just to play around with them, but no spells are skilled up and don't use in real fights.

I'll try stacking magic resist and heavier armor :S

High poise works but it's much easier IMO to just use high magic resist and work on dodging their attacks. The number of frames you are invulnerable during fast roll is plenty to avoid like 95% of their attacks.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-29 19:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodging is a skill that differs from player to player, Poise is something that that is more secure for new players.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 224 225 226