First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 224 225 226
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-23 01:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Kalila said: »
PS3 would be your best bet for any souls game, since that's where the "crowd" is since Demon's Souls was the ps3 exclusive and most of the community stayed on the platform.

PC might be okay when it finally gets released, but that depends greatly on how exploitive hackers can be.
Cause as we all know, Zero hacking happens on Console, None what so ever.

Dark Souls pretty much had zero hacking on Steam, I'd only assume this stay the same if they keep most functions server side when you play online.

Basically, what I'm saying if you're playing on a Console you're doing it wrong.

superior frame rate, superior textures, superior loading, whats not to love?

I dont know, I actually find the kind of low-fi gritty look of the ps3 version somewhat endearing. The pc version is like playing a juiced up emulated version of an old console favorite and it sort of loses its charm.
What makes DS great is the gameplay, Hyperdetailed texture packs and insane high resolution doesn't dramatically improve the experience for me.
The Hell? You like it... looking... worse? Does not compute. Well even if you weren't a graphics ***, I'm imagine the PC version would be a winner just for not having a frame rate that jumps all over the place like a kid with ADHD, but hey, whatever yanks your chain.

I mean with the PC version you can turn it down to 1280x720 and put everything to Medium and enforce V-Sync to if you wanted to get that 'PS3' feel to it :P
I don't have framerate problems on either system.

PC looks superior but the gameplay is what makes the game. If you're the type of person that needs something to look "good" you can use DSFix, HD texture packs, distant object enhancements and plants replaced to look HD enough for you.

I don't really care how it looks tho, a game should never be about it's visuals, visuals are only the frosting to a game and if the cake is dense and dry no amount of frosting will make it taste better.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-23 02:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
PS3 would be your best bet for any souls game, since that's where the "crowd" is since Demon's Souls was the ps3 exclusive and most of the community stayed on the platform.

PC might be okay when it finally gets released, but that depends greatly on how exploitive hackers can be.
Cause as we all know, Zero hacking happens on Console, None what so ever.

Dark Souls pretty much had zero hacking on Steam, I'd only assume this stay the same if they keep most functions server side when you play online.

Basically, what I'm saying if you're playing on a Console you're doing it wrong.

superior frame rate, superior textures, superior loading, whats not to love?

I dont know, I actually find the kind of low-fi gritty look of the ps3 version somewhat endearing. The pc version is like playing a juiced up emulated version of an old console favorite and it sort of loses its charm.
What makes DS great is the gameplay, Hyperdetailed texture packs and insane high resolution doesn't dramatically improve the experience for me.
The Hell? You like it... looking... worse? Does not compute. Well even if you weren't a graphics ***, I'm imagine the PC version would be a winner just for not having a frame rate that jumps all over the place like a kid with ADHD, but hey, whatever yanks your chain.

I mean with the PC version you can turn it down to 1280x720 and put everything to Medium and enforce V-Sync to if you wanted to get that 'PS3' feel to it :P

the pc version of dark souls was technically only 720p upscaled, aka the ps3 version.

the only real way to make dark souls look the way it should on pc are workarounds and mods, which can easily turn some people away.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-23 02:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
I don't have framerate problems on either system.
The next time you're bored, climb the ladder shortcut in New londo ruins on both systems. You will see the difference. It's like the difference winning 50 dollars in a lottery and being bill gates.
The first time I booted up DS on PS3 I had a lag issue with a ladder going down in fact, but I was never able to replicate it again.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-23 03:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

With the HD Texture pack and DSFix you can still have it look like a lore friendly Dark Souls.

The grainy look/feel can still be preserved if you set everything up in a specific way and choose the correct texture packs to use. (They have different versions for your preference.)

Are they needed to play the game? No. Though, in my preference, if I can make the game look better I will.

The biggest reason I'm an advocate of at least using DSFix is for the simple sake of actually having full control over your game settings. Things like HUD size/scaling, variable FPS caps, actual Anti-Aliasing settings (doesn't remove grainy. Fixes the jagged edges that are everywhere on objects).

And many other little QoL settings that the developers left out on the rushed port.

I played it on PC for a while without any of it, and it was okay. Was it unplayable? Nope. (Unless you tried playing with a keyboard xD)

I'll take a few screenshots next time I'm in game.

Oh, greatest single texture change/mod ever. The fixing of the lava! No more instant cornea disintegration! (Completely separate little mod)

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-23 03:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Lava is pretty hard to look at irl. Why hack a game to make lava look more fake : P

Oh you....

Lava shouldn't glow with the force of a thousand suns okay!?!
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-23 03:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard the lava mod gives serious issues at quelaag's domain looking down at the lava near the bell.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-23 03:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard the lava mod gives serious issues at quelaag's domain looking down at the lava near the bell.

If it does, I myself have never experienced any issues with it in that area.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-23 03:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The slight problem I have that I'm pretty sure is unrelated:

When about to fight Quelaag. Right before you get to her fog wall, just passed the two egg carriers (in that little area between the fog wall and the egg carriers). My game will stutter horrendously usually causing it to kick me back to title screen.

All I have to do now is load the game again (don't even need to restart game) and it is all fine.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2014-01-23 04:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought id Add my opinion regarding which console is a better choice to play on.

personally i have only played on pc and xbox 360

and while i have run into hackers on xbox i personally find pc is much worse for hacked stats ect and to add to this i find most pvp on darksouls (xbox) is very honorable in the sense that even invading players tend to wait until you are ready to fight before engaging and often do a little routine of

wave
praise the sun
bow
raise shield (this means they are ready)

and usually they wait until you raise your shield before engaging.

Personally i have played hundreds of hours of darksouls on xbox and can attest to in my opinion it being the best choice for the full darksouls experience.

Would love to add any xbox players who are either going to be playing darksouls (£3.75 on xbl right now) or darksouls 2 which i will certainly be buying aswell.

My xbl gamertag : boltonwanderer

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-23 07:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have officially ordered the PS3 version of Dark Souls, PS3 ID is tidus_mi2
[+]

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-24 08:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

New Japanese site update, text in white is the original japanese text, text in blue is the translated english text.

spoilered for phone users :O
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-24 08:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Best part of the news :3

The Warriors of Sunlight

Returning from the previous game, a convenant for sun worshippers. In this dark world, their golden countenance shines even brighter.

Yes, that pose is back

A trustworthy, grossly incadescant spirit
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-24 08:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls II: FromSoftware’s Plan to Make It The Best Game of PS3 and 360 Generation

When the co-director Yui Tanimura described its new version from the Dark Fantasy Soul series as “accessible”, everybody misunderstood what he meant. While the team of developers FromSoftware and publisher Namco Bandai tried to prove that the Dark Souls II will be as least as difficult as Demon’s Souls, the producer Takeshi Miyazoe actually explained:” “It’s about streamlining, cutting off a lot of fat. That is what we were trying to say, but we used the word ‘accessible’ in a casual manner, I think.”

They didn’t plan to make the game easier, but to make it less frustrating for the new fans. Miyazoe adds:

Dark Souls isn’t really a game that’s going to hold anybody’s hand. But it’s not impossible. Just take your time, try to pay attention to the surroundings, be patient and continue to challenge yourself. From a technical standpoint, what we’re trying to do is ensure that you understand what mistake you have made. I think the new engine, the new motion [capture], the new visuals – everything that has been enhanced will help the player better understand that.

Working with a budget that is mucg bigger than before, the studio aims to please the audience from all points of view. To reach this goal, production has been split in two parts: Tanimura will direct the battle mechanics and gameplay, and Tomohiro Shibuya will improve the design. The fans’ feedback was overwhelming, the only complaint was about the darkness in the woods which makes their progress harder. They can choose from carrying a torch in their left hand or carry a shield for protection, but not both in the same time.

“I don’t think that we’re going to make it any brighter, but we do understand that there are dark areas,”declares Miyazoe. “The cave is pretty much pitch black if you don’t have a torch, but that’s part of the gameplay as well. After playing it ten or 20 times, you’ll start to memorise how the path goes and then you won’t need a torch.”

Another point that needs to be fixed is the framerate. Miyazoe confirms that it will be fixed at 30fps on PS3 and 360, and maybe a little higher on PC, when released.“If it’s far in the distance, we might just leave it,” tells Takeshi. “If it’s very crucial to the gameplay, we will definitely fix it. The visuals have improved a lot from Dark Souls, and we want to capitalise on that.”
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2014-01-24 10:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

To me Dark souls/Demon's souls are the games of this generation all From Soft have to do is improve Co-op and PVP (connection wise) while keeping the quality the same and it will be the best game of the ps3/360 generation.

All 360/ps3 really did do was make a lot of fps which weren't bad but was just upgrades off old fps and pc fps outside that the only good unique stuff I saw was Minecraft, Souls series and some indie games.

Well, FFXIII was unique in filling your screen with more numbers than there is in a math book.

Also the Stormruler Sword fight in Demon's souls imo is one of the best boss fights ever.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-24 10:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you from the beta, Dark Souls 2 is exactly that and more.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-24 11:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Best part of the news :3

The Warriors of Sunlight

Returning from the previous game, a convenant for sun worshippers. In this dark world, their golden countenance shines even brighter.

Yes, that pose is back

A trustworthy, grossly incandescent spirit
ftfy <3
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-24 11:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, is it just me, or is Demon's Souls more difficult than Dark Souls? :O
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-01-24 11:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyrerus said: »
I found demon souls more difficult initially but that it got easier as it went since you can farm full heal items super easy after beating the penetrater(?) boss, the third one in the castle area whos name I can't remember. Dark souls started off easier but pushed me more later on and was overall less forgiving.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-24 11:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know lol, I'm not there yet. So far I've beaten Phalanx, Tower Knight, Armored Spider, Uhm the Leech body one, the fat one with cleavers, and the False Idol.

I'm trying to get to the 2nd boss in the Tower of Latria, because the area hasn't been really all that challenging. The game is getting easier as I go, but I just mean... in Dark Souls with a few exceptions, there are very few bosses I feel that dictate how you must approach them and what your strengths should be. In Demon's Souls I've already encountered bosses that force me to take a certain approach. The Armored Spider I can't imagine taking on with a bow or magic. You also almost can't get through it without a good shield(blocks 100% physical and >40% magical). If I didn't find the Cling Ring, then the Soulflayers in the Tower of Latria would one shot me if I ever let them paralyze me. That and whether you beat the first boss or not, you still get forced to die.

I do love all the Lovecraftian themes present though. It feels like I'm playing through an HP Lovecraft novel!
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-01-24 11:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Vyrerus said: »
I found demon souls more difficult initially but that it got easier as it went since you can farm full heal items super easy after beating the penetrater(?) boss, the third one in the castle area whos name I can't remember. Dark souls started off easier but pushed me more later on and was overall less forgiving.

I really hated Area/World 3 in Demon's Souls (Mindflayers!) but the undead monk was fun
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-24 15:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

IS IT MARCH 11TH YET? D;;;;;;;;

*rolls around uncontrollably impatiently*
[+]
By Leoheart 2014-01-24 15:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

IS IT MARCH 11TH YET? D;;;;;;;;

*rolls around uncontrollably impatiently*

It's the the 11th of march kali... :D

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-24 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Do you mind spoilering big posts Kali? Not picking on you or anything it's just too big for me to handle, phone flips it's ***

Please <3
ok :< I just don't spoiler them since it's the DS topic and all, but I will
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-24 16:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He just needs to get off his iPhone Kali. :P

Loads fine on my Droid. :3
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 224 225 226